Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas (26503 Views)

Gumi: I Have Nothing With Bandits Anymore Since FG Has Declared Them Terrorists / Court Proscribes Bandit Groups, Declares Them Terrorists / Don't Glamourise Activities Of Insurgents, Bandits - NBC Tells Broadcasters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by Don27tiky(m): 3:37pm On Oct 22, 2021
alsudan:
The so called Bandits are the Fulani Terrorists, the 4 deadliest terror group and their grand patron Baptized them and called them Bandits (sic) insisting other tribes are not labeled by their crimes.
the bandits have killed thousands of northerners especially in zamfara and Borneo states, yesterday many were killed in sokoto and for someone to sit and think that Buhari is the one that send them to kill his and their own people baffles me. You guys should sometimes think well before saying something’s out. Just imagine if our president now is Igbo, you will still hear people saying those killing their brothers in the east were sent by the president. I just don’t get how we reason in this country.
Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by RodgersAkpafu: 3:37pm On Oct 22, 2021
BlueMurder:

The idea that the President or whoever has to declare them terrorists before maximum force can be applied on these criminals is ridiculous, because their status as terrorists has already been codified in our laws.

The Terrorism (Prevention) Act, 2011 has already identified the following as acts of terrorism:

1. Kidnapping
2. Destruction to government or public property
3. Seizure of any means of public or goods transportation and diversion
4. Manufacture, possession, acquisition, transport, supply, and use of weapons, explosive devices without lawful authority
5. Release of dangerous substances, causing of fire, explosion with the intention of endangering human lives.

So, from the foregoing, the law has already identified whoever is involved in these crimes as terrorists.
You have spoken well
Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by Angelfrost(m): 3:38pm On Oct 22, 2021
Redthym:
This is the worst administration ever in the history of this country

Nah... Not just this country.

This is the worst administration in the history of any democracy.

1 Like

Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by Don27tiky(m): 3:39pm On Oct 22, 2021
Prosperous111:
They’re just business man bandits

But nah nnamdi Kanu and our Igboho nah him be their terrorist
g the bandits have killed thousands of northerners especially in zamfara and Borneo states, yesterday many were killed in sokoto and for someone to sit and think that Buhari is the one that send them to kill his and their own people baffles me. You guys should sometimes think well before saying something’s out. Just imagine if our president now is Igbo, you will still hear people saying those killing their brothers in the east were sent by the president. I just don’t get how we reason in this country.
Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by Don27tiky(m): 3:40pm On Oct 22, 2021
DOTian:
When Buhari was busy foisting his tribesmen in every position in the land, some of you were busy challenging those who had the guts to challenge Buhari. Those ethnic henchmen he appointted to strategic positions are now doing the job they were recruited to do. How many people have been arrested for the invasion of the military academy? How many people have been arrested for the train incident? How many people have been arrested for the Agatu massacres? That's why it's important to fight against tribalism and sectionalism in any multiethnic state once they rear their ugly heads.. These events are no coincidence! It's an evil script that's being played out and it will end in blood if the country doesn't rise up and say enough is enough..
the bandits have killed thousands of northerners especially in zamfara and Borneo states, yesterday many were killed in sokoto and for someone to sit and think that Buhari is the one that send them to kill his and their own people baffles me. You guys should sometimes think well before saying something’s out. Just imagine if our president now is Igbo, you will still hear people saying those killing their brothers in the east were sent by the president. I just don’t get how we reason in this country.
Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by SmartPolician: 3:42pm On Oct 22, 2021
BlueMurder:

The idea that the President or whoever has to declare them terrorists before maximum force can be applied on these criminals is ridiculous, because their status as terrorists has already been codified in our laws.

The Terrorism (Prevention) Act, 2011 has already identified the following as acts of terrorism:

1. Kidnapping
2. Destruction to government or public property
3. Seizure of any means of public or goods transportation and diversion
4. Manufacture, possession, acquisition, transport, supply, and use of weapons, explosive devices without lawful authority
5. Release of dangerous substances, causing of fire, explosion with the intention of endangering human lives.

So, from the foregoing, the law has already identified whoever is involved in these crimes as terrorists.

Huncle, I don't know where you got that from because it's not from me.

If you look at the modus operandi of those guys, you will know that they kidnap people for money but Boko Haram wants to islamize Nigeria's north by fighting the state. The difference is clear.

The argument here is how the Nigerian press should describe them.
Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by King44(m): 3:44pm On Oct 22, 2021
The bombed a train, kidnapped people, killed people abeg what is is more terrorist than that? NBCA is a terrorist organization under Buhari

I hope APC and PDP would lose the ext 2023 election and the next president would be keen to bring Buhari gvt under serious scrutiny and punishment, they gave finished this country.

1 Like

Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by King44(m): 3:48pm On Oct 22, 2021
SmartPolician:

Huncle, I don't know where you got that from because it's not from me.

If you look at the modus operandi of those guys, you will know that they kidnap people for money but Boko Haram wants to islamize Nigeria's north by fighting the state. The difference is clear.

The argument here is how the Nigerian press should describe them.
are you okay.... At this point, I have to ask you define terrorism and tell me who is a terrorist let's do some analysis.

At this point, I also need to ask, are you sure that you are not a robot or something that is not human

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by SmartPolician: 3:49pm On Oct 22, 2021
[quote author=zoomzoom post=106965289][/quote]

The name we designate enemies of the state matters. It took a Boko Haram that detonates bombs in public places, carries out suicide attacks and sacks an entire military base for the United States government to admit that the group is a terror organization.

Bandits, just like former US secretary of states Hilary Clinton once argued on behalf of Boko Haram, are disgruntled youths who are trying to get back at a government that has neglected them for decades.

As for the IPOB, the useless governors of the South East gave the federal government the go-ahead to declare them a terror group. Every sane mind knows that the IPOB is a secessionist group.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by Prosperous111(m): 3:53pm On Oct 22, 2021
Don27tiky:
g the bandits have killed thousands of northerners especially in zamfara and Borneo states, yesterday many were killed in sokoto and for someone to sit and think that Buhari is the one that send them to kill his and their own people baffles me. You guys should sometimes think well before saying something’s out. Just imagine if our president now is Igbo, you will still hear people saying those killing their brothers in the east were sent by the president. I just don’t get how we reason in this country.

Your point is clear but I still don’t understand what you’re saying. Don’t you know that those bandits are northern kids? They’re their freedom fighters
Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by MangekyoAlt: 3:55pm On Oct 22, 2021
Kingcalls:
There is an agenda by the northerners to overrun this country
Are you not a northerners yourself?
Nonsense undecided
Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by Don27tiky(m): 4:02pm On Oct 22, 2021
Prosperous111:

Your point is clear but I still don’t understand what you’re saying. Don’t you know that those bandits are northern kids? They’re their freedom fighters
freedom fighters for those they are killing? Bro I have been to zamfara and Borno state and I tell you those people have cause havoc . Their leaders and the people are tired of killings. The number of northerners killed by this bandits on daily bases is not reported in the news. You will pity this people when you visit their land. Just imagine knowing you will die tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by Tellwhat: 4:10pm On Oct 22, 2021
DOTian:
When Buhari was busy foisting his tribesmen in every position in the land, some of you were busy challenging those who had the guts to challenge Buhari. Those ethnic henchmen he appointted to strategic positions are now doing the job they were recruited to do. How many people have been arrested for the invasion of the military academy? How many people have been arrested for the train incident? How many people have been arrested for the Agatu massacres? That's why it's important to fight against tribalism and sectionalism in any multiethnic state once they rear their ugly heads.. These events are no coincidence! It's an evil script that's being played out and it will end in blood if the country doesn't rise up and say enough is enough..
Well said

I remember when they called people wailers. Especially the igbos were called wailers by all and sundry. When buhari was using nepotism

3 Likes

Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by Amudeneogu: 4:22pm On Oct 22, 2021
Redthym:
This is the worst administration ever in the history of this country
Sai bubu
Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by Voltariane: 4:38pm On Oct 22, 2021
Fomorosa:

I have said it before, these are Names of Top 6 Terrorists in Nigeria

1. Buhari (Chief Terrorist)
2. Malami (Principal Terrorist)
3. Pantami (Senior Terrorist)
4. Gumi (Terrorist I)
5. Alhaji Lai (Terrorist II)
6. Hell-Rufai (Terrorist III)

This is exactly why we are yet to be completely rid of Terrorism, Dogs don't eat dog

That is why ppl like vulture griller receive(and will continue to receive) so much hate on this forum. No person with functional brain will clap for this regime

These says it all about our Muslim leaders calling black white and white black
Taqiyya is a practice whereby an individual may be less than fully truthful, when such an individual is reasonably afraid that the consequences of being fully truthful may place him or her into serious jeopardy by an oppressor. In other words, if telling the truth is going to place your life or wellbeing at risk, you can say what you need to survive and stay safe.
Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by Kingcalls: 4:49pm On Oct 22, 2021
MangekyoAlt:

Are you not a northerners yourself?
Nonsense undecided

U sure say u well so... these messi fans are never normal
Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by nafisu: 4:51pm On Oct 22, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 22, 2021
nafisu:
The Turkish president said something closely related. about the "Agenda" it is actually bigger than what alot of people think. late Dr Obadiah Mailafia and rtd Navy Commodore, Kunle Olawunmi have paid their dues, they spoke up even though it's somewhat obvious, they know more than most of us do(access to information). especially the issue of so called "bandits" lots of questions no answers. oh and the interview channels did with Gana.
come 2023 we will know if "others" are willing to relinquish power, if the agenda scales through it will be one sided. well this is Nigeria

Points well made. Seems Nigerians are like the ostrich who sees danger and then hides it's head in the sand believing that if it can't see it anymore it does not exist.

2022/23 looks very scary.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by caracas: 4:54pm On Oct 22, 2021
SmartPolician:
There's nothing wrong with that.
The problem is the president/Attorney General of the Federation.
He has to declare them terrorists for everyone to follow suit.
Until then, they are still bandits.
Terrorism and banditry are two terms with a huge difference.
See how your sense is?
So until a government pronounces n recognizes a group as terrorists they are not? Even when they exhibit characteristics of terrorists?

2 Likes

Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by maxzzo1(m): 5:01pm On Oct 22, 2021
I tink d better name should NBC-Brothers....
Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by nafisu: 5:13pm On Oct 22, 2021
"Nigerians are like the ostrich who sees danger and then hides it's head in the sand believing that if it can't see it anymore it does not exist"

God bless you for this. lol you have stated facts in my opinion.
yes it looks very scary for most of us in every aspect. i can only hope we wake up somewhere along the line.

grin grin enjoyed this exchange. thank you.

TripleOh7:

Points well made. Seems Nigerians are like the ostrich who sees danger and then hides it's head in the sand believing that if it can't see it anymore it does not exist.

2022/23 looks very scary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by Mayeldah(m): 5:14pm On Oct 22, 2021
Buhari is a Terrorist!

1 Like

Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by Worldruler(m): 5:16pm On Oct 22, 2021
Nigeria is under the rule of terror.
Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 22, 2021
nafisu:

"Nigerians are like the ostrich who sees danger and then hides it's head in the sand believing that if it can't see it anymore it does not exist"

God bless you for this. lol you have stated facts in my opinion.
yes it looks very scary for most of us in every aspect. i can only hope we wake up somewhere along the line.

grin grin enjoyed this exchange. thank you.

God bless you too bro. A great weekend ahead.
Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by Educhelssy: 5:19pm On Oct 22, 2021
Jagabasoko:
Buhari is a terrorist and a hard one , muhammad is a ped0. File making buhari a ped0. File .

You are sick in the head, unwell and insensitive too .. this isn’t the way at all bros angry
Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by Lovenorth: 5:20pm On Oct 22, 2021
Bandits and terrorists are two different things. Bokoharam and Ipob are the same
Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by caprini1: 5:26pm On Oct 22, 2021
Iamgrey5:
I am scared for the future of this nation

When Opc went out of line during Obasanjo government, he took the harsh decision of arresting and jailing the leader despite the big role Opc played to push Yoruba agenda when Abiola was in the prison.

When South South Militant went out of the line, Jonathan did everything necessary to reduce the tension in the Niger Delta creeks.

Why will Buhari refuse to do the same thing to the North? Are the Northern bandits the northern Elite's strategy to keep the government to themselves?

This is really strange
You forgot when kidnapping, robbery and other crimes was rife in the south east in the late 90,s and early 2000,s...and it was nipped in the bud by the bakassi vigilantes.
Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by bizzibodi(m): 5:49pm On Oct 22, 2021
Jagabasoko:
Prophet Muhammad nah bast@rd
You get mind ooo!
Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by Ibkhaleel01: 5:51pm On Oct 22, 2021
Who ordered for change of IPOP to Unknown gunmen.... Double standard
Re: Don't Call Them Terrorists, Call Them Bandits: NBC To Media Houses- Steven Kefas by proxillin(m): 7:13pm On Oct 22, 2021
SmartPolician:
There's nothing wrong with that.
The problem is the president/Attorney General of the Federation.
He has to declare them terrorists for everyone to follow suit.
Until then, they are still bandits.
Terrorism and banditry are two terms with a huge difference.

mr fulani, must you sit in a court of law to classify a terror act?

u be mumu

which law court designated ashabab a terror organization?

even the fulani herdsmen United Nation security designated 2 most deadliest terror organization, has Nigeria court of law classified them as such?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amaechi Visits Frank Obi's Family Who Was Slain By Gunmen / Niger Delta Group Vows To Bomb NNPC Towers If Patience Jonathan Is Arrested / Wike Lauds Supreme Court For Stopping Currency Swap Deadline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.