Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,828 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? (23682 Views)

My Beautiful Wife Smiles All The Time; I Fear She Can Be Snatched By Another Man / Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience / I Married The Most Irresponsible Man Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by zeenaman: 1:47pm On Oct 24, 2021
Contrary to the impression held by many, women actually make marriage proposals. Because people see men going down on their knees popping the typical "will you marry me" question, they feel men are the ones in charge of fixing a date. But this is not true. I arrived at this after having discussions from a few married friends of mine, and my own experience too as a married person. Left for me, I didn't see myself married in three years time from the year I married considering my financial situation. There were many goals I hoped to achieve before getting married, but my fiancée changed my mindset. She knew my financial capacity, she made the analysis and convinced me that we can do it. Alhamdulillah, that's the best decision I have ever made in my life.
Three of my friends had similar experience, if not for their wives they won't have been married by now.

While men see problems, woman seem to see solution. For people that may think she was desperate, I married her at 22, extremely beautiful and untouched by any man.
Back to the question, if not for your wife, will you have been married by now?
Note : I'm only referring to good women that are focused and marriage oriented. Same as men.
Mod, please help move to front page

116 Likes 7 Shares

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Tony5050(m): 1:48pm On Oct 24, 2021
Over to the married people in the forum.

Btw if there is money, more money and plenty money den it is finished

Kindly check my signature for your Academic research, Assignments, project, etc..

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Davash222(m): 1:48pm On Oct 24, 2021
. I married her at 22, extremely beautiful and untouched by any man.

Congratulations man.

143 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by ifytrik(m): 1:52pm On Oct 24, 2021
Well the truth is that 60 to 70 percent of married guys bellow thirty years of age would have being single if not that love blinded them and made them make the wrong decision, The fact is 90 percent of married guys bellow the age of thirty years are in deep regret today either because they are not able to achieve their goals in life or that they are now counting children instead of millions, my advice to every youth out there is, don't let a woman change your plans in life, this is because most women(especially Nigeria women) have nothing else to offer in marriage aside sex and babies, set goals for yourselfs, achieve it all or atleast achieve 70 to 80 percent of your goals before getting married, make sure you are financially okay to avoid living a life of regrets.

302 Likes 32 Shares

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Geestarry(f): 1:53pm On Oct 24, 2021
Here to read comments

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by mariahAngel(f): 2:04pm On Oct 24, 2021
Not to burst your bubble op, but you will hardly get the response you expect because this forum is filled with mostly bitter souls with only negative things to say about marriage. undecided

185 Likes 15 Shares

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Manq(m): 2:20pm On Oct 24, 2021
Got married to her at 25, have a kid and the only regret I have was me not getting to know her before I met her.. she get soul that's my wife

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Ahmed0336(m): 2:31pm On Oct 24, 2021
mariahAngel:
Not to burst your bubble op, but you will hardly get the response you want because this forum is filled with mostly bitter souls with only negative things to say about marriage. undecided

You're right.

I got married at 29 no regrets....

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by ifytrik(m): 2:32pm On Oct 24, 2021
Manq:
Got married to her at 25, have a kid and the only regret I have was me not getting to know her before I met her.. she get soul that's my wife
congratulations man, he who finds a good wife finds long life, i wish everlasting happiness

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by DonTim1: 2:55pm On Oct 24, 2021
Naaaa, wouldn't have married then

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 24, 2021
During my time I got married at 16 and my husband was 20 as at then and we thank God for life so far.I'm a happy grandma at 60+,its good to marry early but children of these days won't listen to advise, they want to have everything before considering marriage which is bad. You can start small,all you need do is to find a partner that's ready to cooperate and work with you in your life journey.I'm 60+ but 60+ isn't me.

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by NwaAmaikpe: 3:48pm On Oct 24, 2021
shocked

If not for my wife, I won't have been married till today.

But I pity the woman I married because if she was even quarter as wise as me, she'd never have settled for a jerk like me.

But love conquers all, innit?

180 Likes 18 Shares

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 24, 2021
Imagine...

Sincerely, I miss the good old days when men were men.
When men who knew the Value of marriage and treated it accordingly existed.

When marriage has not lost its Glory and meaning.

God bless those men who made us look forward to marriage.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by MufasaLion: 4:23pm On Oct 24, 2021
This is not my thread. grin

10 Likes

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Generaloluseye: 4:44pm On Oct 24, 2021
zeenaman:
Contrary to the impression held by many, women actually make marriage proposals. Because people see men going down on their knees popping the typical "will you marry me" question, they feel men are the ones in charge of fixing a date. But this is not true. I arrived at this after having discussions from a few married friends of mine, and my own experience too as a married person. Left for me, I didn't see myself married in three years time from the year I married considering my financial situation. There were many goals I hoped to achieve before getting married, but my fiancée changed my mindset. She knew my financial capacity, she made the analysis and convinced me that we can do it. Alhamdulillah, that's the best decision I have ever made in my life.
Three of my friends had similar experience, if not for their wives they won't have been married by now.

While men see problems, woman seem to see solution. For people that may think she was desperate, I married her at 22, extremely beautiful and untouched by any man.
Back to the question, if not for your wife, will you have been married by now?
Note : I'm only referring to good women that are focused and marriage oriented. Same as men.
Mod, please help move to front page

I will come back when Glo calls us. Lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Omakraid(f): 4:52pm On Oct 24, 2021
Hubby probably wouldn't have gotten married till date oo. I remember when we were planning to settle down years back and just 4/5 months to the time we were planning to settle, he came over and broke the news of being relieved of his job thinking I would say we should suspend plans. He was shocked my response was that we'll cut our coat according to our cloth. We only went to court and did trad plus God really really surprised us.
Till date, we still joke about it and he'll tell me I would have settled down with a rich man by now "lol" while he wil still be very single.

101 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Acidosis(m): 5:14pm On Oct 24, 2021
ifytrik:
Well the truth is that 60 to 70 percent of married guys bellow thirty years of age would have being single if not that love blinded them and made them make the wrong decision, The fact is 90 percent of married guys bellow the age of thirty years are in deep regret today either because they are not able to achieve their goals in life or that they are now counting children instead of millions, my advice to every youth out there is, don't let a woman change your plans in life, this is because most women(especially Nigeria women) have nothing else to offer in marriage aside sex and babies, set goals for yourselfs, achieve it all or atleast achieve 70 to 80 percent of your goals before getting married, make sure you are financially okay to avoid living a life of regrets.

And what makes you think staying single till you're 40 will make you a billionaire?

cheesy Is there a particular allowance the federal govt pays the 40s and single people that suddenly makes them wealthy? The money you think you're saving at age 40 would still be spent on the same family, wife and kids you tried to avoid at 28. You will still spend that savings and even more, so why lie to yourself?

Whatever can make you broke while married is capable of turning you to a dejected and frustrated single man at 50.

174 Likes 10 Shares

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Manq(m): 7:29am On Oct 26, 2021
ifytrik:
congratulations man, he who finds a good wife finds long life, i wish everlasting happiness

Thanks brother man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Oizee(f): 11:13am On Oct 28, 2021
I will answer for my brother, capital No... Thank God for the wonderful lady.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by zeenaman: 6:02pm On Oct 28, 2021
Lalasticlala please move this to front page

1 Like

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by ClassicMan202(m): 6:18pm On Oct 28, 2021
Single people like us

8 Likes

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Crowwe(f): 6:18pm On Oct 28, 2021
grin grin
I wish I become Nigerian president one day so I can make simps that get married to any of these useless Nigerian women pay huge tax and are also placed on a forceful curfew that won't make them know what it is like to be outside when it's sunny. cool angry

7 Likes

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Ezemarcel(m): 6:18pm On Oct 28, 2021
E
Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by chris4gold(m): 6:18pm On Oct 28, 2021
See question
Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by AmuEbule: 6:19pm On Oct 28, 2021
My wife actually played no role in my marriage timeline. My loving mother made that request because she wanted to see grand kids from me. Thank God I listened to mum and got married to a woman i never even dated. After15 years and 4 amazing kids, that decision has turned out to be the best decision I have made cheesy

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by LofP(m): 6:19pm On Oct 28, 2021
grin No.
Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by wunmi590(m): 6:19pm On Oct 28, 2021
cool

Honestly, my wife was the one who engineered my fast wedding if not, I go still dey look for wetin no lose up and down...

That woman nah sweet woman and home maker, it was so difficult letting her go or delaying her more...

When she told me she has an empty account we can save our wedding g money togther, my head just straight, nah like that me and she saved up to 2+ million to do wedding apart from the little change family gave us...

I dey enjoy the woman until now...

As you celebrate your birthday come 4th of november, I wish you more success as my wife.. kiss

147 Likes

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Vinnie2000(m): 6:19pm On Oct 28, 2021
OP
because You married a young Virgin now, you come dey DengePose!
You nor wan allow person see Road! sad cheesy

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Baawaa(m): 6:20pm On Oct 28, 2021
You are partially right,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by abobote: 6:20pm On Oct 28, 2021
If not that she gave me two boys as baby mama, I would have still been single by now

3 Likes

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by McOluOmo: 6:20pm On Oct 28, 2021
After helping her cross the water.....
She said "Thanks Oga" and ran away

cry

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Seeks Help To Locate Family Of Elderly Woman Found Roaming In Osun / Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? / Ladies: Would You Welcome A Framed Picture Of Your MIL In Your Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.