Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,564 members, 7,820,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? (23708 Views)

My Beautiful Wife Smiles All The Time; I Fear She Can Be Snatched By Another Man / Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience / I Married The Most Irresponsible Man Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:11pm On Oct 28, 2021
udemzyudex:

If men follow this your rule, trust me with the way naija dey go dem go reach 40 years before dem marry
Is there anything wrong getting married at 40 and above. Men don't have any biological clocks on them.

4 Likes

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by FiverrTutor(m): 7:12pm On Oct 28, 2021
Ahmed0336:

You're right.

I got married at 29 no regrets....

Lol for your mind na achievement abi? Oya clap for yourself... For your information marriage is an achievement to women!!!
Not men!!! You're a man bros!!!

2 Likes

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Elporo(m): 7:12pm On Oct 28, 2021
dettolgel:
In few years they will litter this place asking for one form of help or the other. When they are done their children will also come to ask for people to complete their tuition or send them money for their project or remind us how they have been feeding on garri in school or how they need money to complete jamb form.

While their parents will be busy forming we married on time. grin

grin
Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Gerrard59(m): 7:15pm On Oct 28, 2021
udemzyudex:

If men follow this your rule, trust me with the way naija dey go dem go reach 40 years before dem marry

As a man, there's nothing wrong with marrying at the age of 40 (provided one has planned well for the future and births maximum two children).

Ndi "let my children grow with me as my siblings"

6 Likes

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Pataricatering(f): 7:16pm On Oct 28, 2021
Edge1:

Congratulations but u rarely can find such a woman who wants to build with u these days.
They are only ready to reap from where they didn't sow.
That's becos majority of you like poor , hungry women
.I double dare you to go and toast a babe with more money than you ..thats when we will be hearing- she too proud , she won't submit yen yen yen ..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by FiverrTutor(m): 7:17pm On Oct 28, 2021
Acidosis:

And what makes you think staying single till you're 40 will make you a billionaire?

cheesy Is there a particular allowance the federal govt pays the 40s and single people that suddenly makes them wealthy? The money you think you're saving at age 40 would still be spent on the same family, wife and kids you tried to avoid at 28. You will still spend that savings and even more, so why lie to yourself?

Whatever can make you broke while married is capable of turning you to a dejected and frustrated single man at 50.

Bro STFU!!!!! You have no right to tell anyone how to live their life.... U Africans like hoping that your kids will take care of u at old age forgetting that when they grow up they will leave u to look after their own family!!! If u like marry at 20 it doesn't change anything

11 Likes

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Hassanmaye(m): 7:20pm On Oct 28, 2021
zeenaman:
Contrary to the impression held by many, women actually make marriage proposals. Because people see men going down on their knees popping the typical "will you marry me" question, they feel men are the ones in charge of fixing a date. But this is not true. I arrived at this after having discussions from a few married friends of mine, and my own experience too as a married person. Left for me, I didn't see myself married in three years time from the year I married considering my financial situation. There were many goals I hoped to achieve before getting married, but my fiancée changed my mindset. She knew my financial capacity, she made the analysis and convinced me that we can do it. Alhamdulillah, that's the best decision I have ever made in my life.
Three of my friends had similar experience, if not for their wives they won't have been married by now.

While men see problems, woman seem to see solution. For people that may think she was desperate, I married her at 22, extremely beautiful and untouched by any man.
Back to the question, if not for your wife, will you have been married by now?
Note : I'm only referring to good women that are focused and marriage oriented. Same as men.
Mod, please help move to front page
Subhanallah you are extremely lucky sir, thank God

2 Likes

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Elporo(m): 7:20pm On Oct 28, 2021
FiverrTutor:

Bro STFU!!!!! You have no right to tell anyone how to live their life.... U Africans like hoping that your kids will take care of u at old age forgetting that when they grow up they will leave u to look after their own family!!! If u like marry at 20 it doesn't change anything
Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Grandmeister(m): 7:21pm On Oct 28, 2021
zeenaman:
Contrary to the impression held by many, women actually make marriage proposals. Because people see men going down on their knees popping the typical "will you marry me" question, they feel men are the ones in charge of fixing a date. But this is not true. I arrived at this after having discussions from a few married friends of mine, and my own experience too as a married person. Left for me, I didn't see myself married in three years time from the year I married considering my financial situation. There were many goals I hoped to achieve before getting married, but my fiancée changed my mindset. She knew my financial capacity, she made the analysis and convinced me that we can do it. Alhamdulillah, that's the best decision I have ever made in my life.
Three of my friends had similar experience, if not for their wives they won't have been married by now.

While men see problems, woman seem to see solution. For people that may think she was desperate, I married her at 22, extremely beautiful and untouched by any man.
Note : I'm only referring to good women that are focused and marriage oriented. Same as men.
Your first line "women make marriage proposals" THIS is what many young men don't realise. It is the woman who actually makes the move for a couple to get married. A wise friend of mine once told me this and I finally saw the wisdom and truth behind it.

4 Likes

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Timekeeper: 7:21pm On Oct 28, 2021
Pataricatering:
That's becos majority of you like poor , hungry women
.I double dare you to go and toast a babe with more money than you ..thats when we will be hearing- she too proud , she won't submit yen yen yen ..

Can I shoot my shot, patari?
If you don't mind

1 Like

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Pataricatering(f): 7:23pm On Oct 28, 2021
FiverrTutor:

Lol for your mind na achievement abi? Oya clap for yourself... For your information marriage is an achievement to women!!!
Not men!!! You're a man bros!!!
marriage is a step in life for everybody - not an achievement .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Grandmeister(m): 7:25pm On Oct 28, 2021
Omakraid:
Hubby probably wouldn't have gotten married till date oo. I remember when we were planning to settle down years back and just 4/5 months to the time we were planning to settle, he came over and broke the news of being relieved of his job thinking I would say we should suspend plans. He was shocked my response was that we'll cut our coat according to our cloth. We only went to court and did trad plus God really really surprised us.
Till date, we still joke about it and he'll tell me I would have settled down with a rich man by now "lol" while he wil still be very single.
Chaii....I have no appropriate response to this post for now.
Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Midas01: 7:25pm On Oct 28, 2021
Men don't have biological clock yen yen yen....

Do you know that after 40 the quality of your sperm and also the motility reduces hences making you more susceptible to infertility? Keep yapping what you don't know.
tensazangetsu20:

Is there anything wrong getting married at 40 and above. Men don't have any biological clocks on them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by ibechris(m): 7:25pm On Oct 28, 2021
My wife really tried for me,if not for her,I would have been single and stupid.

I remembered the day I saw her and we just connected as if we had known each other for a very long time,not knowing she knew me during my under graduate studies at ABSU but I had never seen her before not even in the same school,may be because I wasn't a social person.

Come the toasting,after we exchanged our complimentary cards,I got to know we are both bankers and immediately I told her let us date. She arrange that we see and when we saw,she told me her position,that she does not want a relationship that will not lead to marriage and that I should make my choice...before six months we got married and I have not regretted it for once.

My advice for women is:
Always take a stand when it comes to relationship. Women have more say in relationship than men, If he likes u just as some of them claimed,he will marry u without hesitation. The bottoming is,set a standard for yourself and men will respect u.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Biodun556(m): 7:25pm On Oct 28, 2021
zeenaman:

Same here

Man proposed, woman fix wedding

We thank God. It was tough but now very better

1 Like

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by FiverrTutor(m): 7:26pm On Oct 28, 2021
udemzyudex:

You guys keep saying this shit all the time. Oga for your information I am a grown man, clocked 40 years two months ago and I have two daughters already (13 & 8 years old).... I am not married and I'm very happy living in my personal house and taking good care of them!!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:27pm On Oct 28, 2021
Midas01:

Do you know that after 40 the quality of your sperm and also the motility reduces hences making you more susceptible to infertility? Keep yapping what you don't know.
But there are men fathering kids at 80.

4 Likes

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Pataricatering(f): 7:27pm On Oct 28, 2021
Timekeeper:

Can I shoot my shot, patari?
If you don't mind
waoh , timekeeper slow down your roll . Love your confidence but
I'm already taken.

1 Like

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by san316(m): 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
Not at all. I couldn't afford to lose her by being chicken hearted. So I went for it. Now blessed with two lovely headaches. Boy and girl

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Hassanmaye(m): 7:29pm On Oct 28, 2021
Omakraid:
Hubby probably wouldn't have gotten married till date oo. I remember when we were planning to settle down years back and just 4/5 months to the time we were planning to settle, he came over and broke the news of being relieved of his job thinking I would say we should suspend plans. He was shocked my response was that we'll cut our coat according to our cloth. We only went to court and did trad plus God really really surprised us.
Till date, we still joke about it and he'll tell me I would have settled down with a rich man by now "lol" while he wil still be very single.
Lol na finding woman like you with understanding be the problem, most of them Want to marry rich men And there is nothing wrong with that, but what they failed to understand is the percentage of men that made millions in between the age of 25-30 are rear let us say 2% most men make real money 30+ and they are married, instead of them to find a man with vision to hook, no until is too late and she reached 35

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 28, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Leave that one grin
Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by FiverrTutor(m): 7:32pm On Oct 28, 2021
Midas01:

Oga that's not true!!!
Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Midas01: 7:32pm On Oct 28, 2021
I have told you a scientific and biological fact.

There are always exceptions but if you make your research properly, you'd find that much older men tend to birth babies with down syndrome or other chromosomal anomalies.

Age affects the process of spermatogenesis in men and this is a known fact but Nigerians like to lie to themselves that men have no biological clock.

tensazangetsu20:

4 Likes

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Daisy1111: 7:33pm On Oct 28, 2021
[quote author=abobote post=107144322]If not that she gave me two boys as baby mama, I would have still been single by now[/quot11aq,àe]
Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Lightway: 7:34pm On Oct 28, 2021
Midas01:

Ned Nwoko

1 Like

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Midas01: 7:35pm On Oct 28, 2021
If you want to hide something from a black man put it in a book... That's what my white lecturer once said to me.

Instead of arguing blindly and trying to hold on to your baseless beliefs why not read a medical book on spermatogenesis and the male reproductive system?
FiverrTutor:

Oga that's not true!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:36pm On Oct 28, 2021
Midas01:
I have told you a scientific and biological fact.

There are always exceptions but if you make your research properly, you'd find that much older men tend to birth babies with down syndrome or other chromosomal anomalies.

Age affects the process of spermatogenesis in men and this is a known fact but Nigerians like to lie to themselves that men have no biological clock.

Yeah wheres the research and how come all old men I know who fathered kids have healthy intelligent beautiful kids. Face the facct, the best time to get married as a Nigerian guy from a poor home is 45 plus and thats even debatable. I wont even consider it till I am 50.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Midas01: 7:36pm On Oct 28, 2021
I'm pretty sure if you use google you'd see much older women having babies too.

There are always exceptions to every case.

Now I didn't tell you that much older men can't have babies, I simply said they have higher probability of being infertile with low quality sperm and making babies with down syndrome and other chromosomal abnormalities.
Lightway:

Ned Nwoko

4 Likes

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by Midas01: 7:39pm On Oct 28, 2021
This is the problem with Nigerians. When you're being given facts you come up with , but my neighbor this and that....

Oga, if you're not willing to expand your knowledge and accept proven scientific facts then i can't help you.
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah wheres the research and how come all old men I know who fathered kids have healthy intelligent beautiful kids. Face the facct, the best time to get married as a Nigerian guy from a poor home is 45 plus and thats even debatable. I wont even consider it till I am 50.

4 Likes

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:40pm On Oct 28, 2021
Midas01:
This is the problem with Nigerians. When you're being given facts you come up with , but my neighbor this and that....

Oga, if you're not willing to expand your knowledge and accept proven scientific facts then i can't help you.
Biology aside with the economic situation of Nigeria present and future, what's the best time for a man to marry in your opinion.

1 Like

Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by vickydevoka(m): 7:50pm On Oct 28, 2021
ifytrik:
Well the truth is that 60 to 70 percent of married guys bellow thirty years of age would have being single if not that love blinded them and made them make the wrong decision, The fact is 90 percent of married guys bellow the age of thirty years are in deep regret today either because they are not able to achieve their goals in life or that they are now counting children instead of millions, my advice to every youth out there is, don't let a woman change your plans in life, this is because most women(especially Nigeria women) have nothing else to offer in marriage aside sex and babies, set goals for yourselfs, achieve it all or atleast achieve 70 to 80 percent of your goals before getting married, make sure you are financially okay to avoid living a life of regrets.
Fact
Re: If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? by vickydevoka(m): 7:53pm On Oct 28, 2021
Acidosis:

And what makes you think staying single till you're 40 will make you a billionaire?

cheesy Is there a particular allowance the federal govt pays the 40s and single people that suddenly makes them wealthy? The money you think you're saving at age 40 would still be spent on the same family, wife and kids you tried to avoid at 28. You will still spend that savings and even more, so why lie to yourself?

Whatever can make you broke while married is capable of turning you to a dejected and frustrated single man at 50.
Exactly

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ladies: Would You Welcome A Framed Picture Of Your MIL In Your Home? / Should A Wife Wait For Her Husband Before She Eats Or She Should Eat Alone? / Nursing Mother Commits Suicide After Baby Dedication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.