Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,921 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience (3111 Views)

If Not For Your Wife, Would You Have Married The Time You Did? / ”we Share Her Peacefully” – Twin Brothers Who Married One Wife / Mum Of 2 Who Married A Tree Celebrates First Wedding Anniversary In England (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by oldienavie: 3:02am On May 27, 2022
This thread is for men who married wrongly, please share your experience, what you would do differently and some words of advise for young men looking to get married.

Please do not derail this thread, this is supposed to be an educative thread and learn from peoples experiences.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by gaby(m): 3:09am On May 27, 2022
What do you want to hear or learn?

Have you forgotten the saying "experience is the best teacher"?

How about you go find the wrong one to get hitched to and come here to serenade us with your experience?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by oldienavie: 3:27am On May 27, 2022
gaby:
What do you want to hear or learn?

Have you forgotten the saying "experience is the best teacher"?

How about you go find the wrong one to get hitched to and come here to serenade us with your experience?

I know a lot of Nigerian youths are mentally deficient(through no fault of there own though, terrible educational standard, toxic culture etc) but it will do you a whole lot of Good to learn to keep your mouth shut especially when your input is not necessary.
Even if you are the dullest person in the world, by keeping your mouth shut, you can hide that fact .

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by kingreign(m): 3:40am On May 27, 2022
Such a thread. Nothing people no go see for NL.

Acc: Ishilove
Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by Mokason288(m): 3:56am On May 27, 2022
grin
Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by gaby(m): 3:58am On May 27, 2022
oldienavie:

I know a lot of Nigerian youths are mentally deficient(through no fault of there own though, terrible educational standard, toxic culture etc) but it will do you a whole lot of Good to learn to keep your mouth shut especially when your input is not necessary.
Even if you are the dullest person in the world, by keeping your mouth shut, you can hide that fact .
Hahaha haha

My question remains...

What do you want to hear when you can conveniently experience it for yourself?

How is that enough to make you go drooling all over your keyboard?

Wahala plenty... grin

Every and little thing to una, the next thing na Educational standard. Which dirty education una even get set? For you to even believe and rely solely on a formal or classroom education tells a lot about your education about life in it's real essence.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by thesicilian: 4:19am On May 27, 2022
gaby:

Hahaha haha

My question remains...

What do you want to hear when you can conveniently experience it for yourself?

How is that enough to make you go drooling all over your keyboard?

Wahala plenty... grin

No offense bro, it's actually better to stay silent and observe when you have no meaningful contribution in a conversation. This is a potentially eye opening and educating thread if it's not derailed.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by OloYeOfEgbE: 4:28am On May 27, 2022
No real family man will write trash here. Pokenosing into people marriage or in the useless name of sharing or counseling.

Get a life

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by OloYeOfEgbE: 4:28am On May 27, 2022
thesicilian:

No offense bro, it's actually better to stay silent and observe when you have no meaningful contribution in a conversation. This is a potentially eye opening and educating thread if it's not derailed.

it's not educative.. It's gossip. Men don't gossip. Guy get a life or go find work

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by Carcholce: 4:37am On May 27, 2022
What of those of us that nearly married the wrong woman. Can we also share our testimony and thanksgiving story?

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by gaby(m): 4:39am On May 27, 2022
thesicilian:

And no offense too bro, and I still maintain, in this case, experience remains the best teacher.

You learn and experience as you go it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by Carcholce: 4:42am On May 27, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

it's not educative.. It's gossip. Men don't gossip. Guy get a life or go find work

It is not gossiping!! Allow those that will say their mind to do so. This is how we are silently killing Nigerian men that are in bad marriages. We bully them to keep quite and suffer the wrong choices they made all in the name of men don’t gossip about their marriage!

12 Likes

Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by OloYeOfEgbE: 4:45am On May 27, 2022
Carcholce:

It is not gossiping!! Allow those that will say their mind to do so. This is how we are silently killing Nigerian men that are in bad marriages. We bully them to keep quite and suffer the wrong choices they made all in the name of men don’t gossip about their marriage!

Nigerian men in bad marriages..? why do they have parents? elders? counsellors? friends?..

Ranting on social media helps the situation..?do you know the couples before? why not solve the relationship crisis in your entire village first before nairaland, then we will take you serious

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by Carcholce: 4:48am On May 27, 2022
gaby:

And no offense too bro, and I still maintain, in this case, experience remains the beat teacher.

You learn and experience as you go it.

Experience is the best teacher but you can still get your best life experience from other people’s experience.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by Carcholce: 4:51am On May 27, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

Nigerian men in bad marriages..? why do they have parents? elders? counsellors? friends?..

Ranting on social media helps the situation..?do you know the couples before? why not solve the relationship crisis in your entire village first before nairaland, then we will take you serious

grin

When couples go to court for marital issues, does the judge know the couple’s before? Even your friends and parents do not know you if you want to be realistic. They only know what you want them to know.

5 Likes

Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by OloYeOfEgbE: 4:53am On May 27, 2022
Carcholce:

grin

When couples go to court for marital issues, does the judge know the couple’s before? Even your friends and parents do not know you if you want to be realistic. They only know what you want them to know.

Yes that is why they are always briefed about issues and I promise you they hear from both parties..Listen I repeat,they hear from both parties...,one sided thing is gossip and a very big aproko..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by oldienavie: 5:10am On May 27, 2022
Carcholce:
What of those of us that nearly married the wrong woman. Can we also share our testimony and thanksgiving story?
Yes please.
Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by yemmit90: 5:58am On May 27, 2022
The topic should be " men who divorce their wives should share their experiences in marriage".

It is shame for married men to be discussing their private issues in public except it's past occurrence. Only a low life man will respond to your topic, I see it as gossip or unnecessary petty talk.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by Alapojames: 9:14am On May 27, 2022
See beefing everywhere
The purpose of this thread isn't accomplished yet.. Na inter - war una they try do..

My uncle married a prostitute. Despite the fact that people were giving him facts and
evidences about the suppose girl. These people knows her very well cause she's very popular , but he's too blind(he just relocated to the area oo) to see cause the girl is from their tribe and she also has big beserk and beset ass. The babe manipulated him, they did court wedding without doing traditional wedding..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by Ishilove: 9:52am On May 27, 2022
Alapojames:
See beefing everywhere
The purpose of this thread isn't accomplished yet.. Na inter - war una they try do..

My uncle married a prostitute. Despite the fact that people were giving him facts and
evidences about the suppose girl. These people knows her very well cause she's very popular , but he's too blind(he just relocated to the area oo) to see cause the girl is from their tribe and she also has big beserk and beset ass. The babe manipulated him, they did court wedding without doing traditional wedding..
And how is the marriage now?
Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by talk2hb1(m): 10:29am On May 27, 2022
oldienavie:
This thread is for men who married wrongly, please share your experience, what you would do differently and some words of advise for young men looking to get married.

Please do not derail this thread, this is supposed to be an educative thread and learn from peoples experiences.
Thanks.
Don't understand your definition of Wrong Spouse?
Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by Alapojames: 10:38am On May 27, 2022
Ishilove:

And how is the marriage now?

Disaster!!!
Bro, the matter long
Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by Ishilove: 11:09am On May 27, 2022
Alapojames:

Disaster!!!
Bro, the matter long
Summarize the matter

1 Like

Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by Alapojames: 11:12am On May 27, 2022
Ishilove:

Summarize the matter

Bro, the matter no be hear.. I swear down
Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by Ishilove: 11:13am On May 27, 2022
Alapojames:

Bro, the matter no be hear.. I swear down
Lol. Oga talk jare cheesy

1 Like

Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by JovialJune(f): 11:22am On May 27, 2022
Lol this thread cheesy

1 Like

Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by Klass99(f): 11:45am On May 27, 2022
cool

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by DontBullshitMe: 12:29pm On May 27, 2022
Klass99:
It would really be interesting to read the true life experiences of people.

I think in reality, experience is not the best teacher. Because experience is painful and in the midst of your pain you might be so overwhelmed by the crippling effect of it, that you don't learn the lesson or lessons. If or when you don't grasp the lesson, life will put you through that experience over and over again, until you grasp it. Meaning more hurt and pain in the process for you.

I honestly think we can learn wisdom from other people's experiences and make good choices for ourselves, without having to first experience a thing by yourself. For instance, I have learnt that it is wisdom and good practice, to avoid having kids out of wedlock for a man, before he marries you.

Some of the single mothers I know were prompted and cajoled by their ex to take in first and marriage will follow next. But the men did a 360 degree turn and never married them, one guy didn't even show up or help out in any way when his child was born. Yet he pressured his girl into getting pregnant first before they marry.

The story which never ceases to bust my head, is the one about a former neighbour/co-tenant at a rental property. Let's call him Lucky, Lucky told me the surest way to marry or get my date to marry me, is to take in for him. In Lucky's words, once belle enter, marriage go follow. But guess what? Lucky got our neighbour (two streets away) pregnant, then pressured her into an abortion and in less than 6 months of that abortion, he married a new chic altogether.

For clarity, Lucky was dating that neighbour steadily. It wasn't a fling, one night stand or away match. They were in a relationship, so why didn't he practice what he preached or take his own advice? If I don't learn from these stories/experiences around me, no be me go wound las las?
This makes little sense IMO.

Getting married outside or inside of wedlock does not necessarily determine if a woman will eventually raise her child(ren) as a single mum. I like your argument and thoughts but it is not foolproof.

A man can actually get married to you and divorce/neglect you after childbirth and turn you into that same thing you are so much afraid of.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by VenumX: 12:33pm On May 27, 2022
Alapojames:
[s]See beefing everywhere

evidences about the suppose girl. These people knows her very well cause she's very popular , but he's too blind(he just relocated to the area oo) to see cause the girl is from their tribe and she also has big beserk and beset ass. The babe manipulated him, they did court wedding without doi[/s]ng traditional wedding..

Your uncle was a brothel dweller and he ended up with his type.

May God be praised for he will never allow an innocent girl end up with your uncle. Even if his marriage crashed, he will still end up with a nasty dirty prostitute.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by Klass99(f): 12:56pm On May 27, 2022
cool

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by kevwemike: 1:07pm On May 27, 2022
May u never get married b4 u see ur life partner in Jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Men Who Married The Wrong Spouse, Please Share Your Experience by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 27, 2022
Lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Disposable Pants / Nigerian Taxi Driver Suspended For Insulting Gay Passengers Kissing In His Cab. / Deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.