Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,773 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) (37159 Views)

At 23 Years Old, I Have No Idea What I Am Doing With My Life / When A Lady Is 23 Years And Cannot Cook. / Public Notice By Housewife Who Hasn't Cheated On Her Husband For 29 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Ficeo(m): 8:38am On Oct 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So by the statement in bold, have you actually dated an older women and actually seen her age faster the you or are you here regurgitated what others have instead told you or such things? undecided

Out of one side of your mouth you proclaim that experience is the best teacher yet while revealing you have none of that experience to actually boast of except what others equally as ignorant as you feed to you. undecided

Let us be objective and stop arguing like a debutant you are. I cannot advise my younger brother to marry a lady six years older than him.
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by gegeor(m): 8:49am On Oct 26, 2021
To me, it all depends on both individuals. If you see anyone who likes down with you irrespective of the age you go.
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by TimeTraveller: 8:57am On Oct 26, 2021
Brunosamel:
yes I believe religion is socially constructed but let's call a spade a spade will you marry someone 6 years older than you.

Yes, I would. How are you even sure I am not married to one already?
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Brunosamel(m): 10:52am On Oct 26, 2021
TimeTraveller:

Yes, I would. How are you even sure I am not married to one already?
well I wish you all the best with your marriage as for me I must be older, wealthy and fitter than my spouse before I consider marriage that how it has been in my family so I won't be dumb enough to do such...

1 Like

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by fxexperts: 11:51am On Oct 26, 2021
oldienavie:

In all these examples there is not 1 single African there talkless of Nigerian.
Even abroad, younger men marrying older women is the exception not the norm.

@oP na small child still dey do you... when you grow up small your eye will open.
Age is not just a number, especially if you are an African. Oyinbo people have already normalised homosexuality while it carries 14 year jail term in Nigeria.
The summary of my talk is that we are Africans/Nigerians and as such reason like one.

Bro you ask for an African or Nigerian Example. Peter Okoye of Psquare and Wife Lola is 6 years older than him, And they are living happily together. Except for the family that is trying to spoil things.

2 Likes

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Kobojunkie: 3:53pm On Oct 26, 2021
Ficeo:
Let us be objective and stop arguing like a debutant you are. I cannot advise my younger brother to marry a lady six years older than him.
You shouldn't even be advising anyone on anything you don't yourself have experience with or at least have some sort of exposure( preferably direct) to. undecided

1 Like

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Ficeo(m): 7:03pm On Oct 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You shouldn't even be advising anyone on anything you don't yourself have experience with or at least have some sort of exposure( preferably direct) to. undecided
That's a myopic way of reasoning.
I am an experienced married man with kids. I must not marry a woman 6 years older than me before I can advice anybody on such issue that is so glaring. I cannot advise my younger brother to marry a woman older than him with 6 years. The advice I will give to my brother is what I will advise another. I am been very objective.
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Kobojunkie: 7:21pm On Oct 26, 2021
Ficeo:

That's a myopic way of reasoning.
I am an experienced married man with kids. I must not marry a woman 6 years older than me before I can advice anybody on such issue that is so glaring. I cannot advise my younger brother to marry a woman older than him with 6 years. The advice I will give to my brother is what I will advise another. I am been very objective.
Objectivity decrees you only give advice on marriage to a younger woman but not to an older woman since you have no personal experience of such things to begin with. undecided

There is nothing myopic about common sense. undecided
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Ficeo(m): 8:22pm On Oct 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Objectivity decrees you only give advice on marriage to a younger woman but not to an older woman since you have no personal experience of such things to begin with. undecided

There is nothing myopic about common sense. undecided
I WILL NEVER ADVICE A MAN TO MARRY A WOMAN 6 YEARS OLDER THAN HIM... So what's your problem with this?
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Kobojunkie: 8:31pm On Oct 26, 2021
Ficeo:

I WILL NEVER ADVICE A MAN TO MARRY A WOMAN 6 YEARS OLDER THAN HIM... So what's your problem with this?
Stop using words you don't understand to qualify an opinion which it does not represent. undecided

1 Like

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Ficeo(m): 8:37pm On Oct 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Stop using words you don't understand to qualify an opinion which it does not represent. undecided
I WILL NEVER ADVICE A MAN TO MARRY A WOMAN WHO IS 6 YEARS OLDER THAN HIM....
Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On Oct 26, 2021
Ficeo:

Again, there is nothing objective about your opinion. undecided

1 Like

Re: I'm 23 Years Old While My Girlfriend Is 29 Years (Can We Get Married) by Ficeo(m): 8:49pm On Oct 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, there is nothing objective about your opinion. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Don't Shake A Gas Cylinder To Know The Level Of Its Content. Its Dangerous(pics) / HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUR MOTHER-IN-LAW TROUBLING YOUR MARRIAGE! / 6 Siblings Poisoned To Death In Anambra To Be Buried On Nov. 5th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.