Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star (50022 Views)

I Wouldve Gone Home Nd Committed Suicide–arsene Wenger Reveals Afta Chelse Match / OMG!! Arsene Wenger Reveals He's Had A Problem At Arsenal For 12 Years / OMG!! Arsene Wenger Reveals 2 Top Stars Would Be Sold By January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by kenzysmith: 4:57pm On Oct 25, 2021
paulolee:
Even wenger don talk same...his fans go still abuse n call wenger saidst n clueless than kissing the fact..
One clueless gee de compare suffering united form with messi's PSG wey dey top french league
Its not about both individual stats BT d after effect of their team performance after dt big move
United dey suffer more with cr7 than wen him no join buy dm say ole be their problem instead of d players...
cr7 needs a balance team to create assit for him to tap in BT nobody is givibg him n dts mking him useless in dt squad n also united defense is wack..
I dnt see conte joining bcox he likes to b incharge n dts why he is asking for assurance if united are serious to get hin
conte I kno, gat d balls to bench n maybe dump dt cr7 n maguire n nobody go cough as long as he shows results, jus like he did with d.costa in Chelsea...
Mk dm quickly play city before conte come abeeg....e get wetin i wan check..
guy u wicked o u nor they pity manu fans u still dey plan to check city match

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by babsbolad: 5:04pm On Oct 25, 2021
FisifunKododada:
After yesterday's performance I can bet ANY amount of money that Man U will not win the EPL this season. That kind of performance shows that the problem in the team is deep and it will take a new manager with tough mentality to fix it. And by the time the problem is fixed, it will be too late for Man U to catch up with City, Chelsea and Liverpool.
Win EPL bawo? You no even say qualify for next year's champions league, which is even a hard one for them.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by iconnecta(m): 5:06pm On Oct 25, 2021
tell us more about Arsenal Nekolas Pape.
any time he plays Arsenal FC struggle at the attacking end.
Nekola Pepe cost arsenal the draw against Crystal Palace.
he is not good .

he is same thing as CR7.
he always kill the attack and does not come back for defense.
pepe have destroy Arsenal.
it is beta he comes in 75minute on the clock than to play 90minute

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by Optimistguy1969: 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2021
How does it work?
GreaterFuture:
Is it?
Let's watch till the final days of the Season.

Watch CR7, EPL, iheanacho, Ndidi, Messi Ligue1 wink , Champions league, Osimhen, Cr7, Ndidi etc.
Stream all football League games, on any device as well as your smart TV.
Watch movies, series, Ultimate Search, Bbnaija,
African Magic, all local Nigerian and African international stations anywhere you are in the world!
DStv now premium, online only
And ÏPTV 1 year account.
DM me via my Signature
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by mamagee3(f): 5:28pm On Oct 25, 2021
Their defense is so weak that it makes Salah feel like Pele....

No real solid defense and no man marking...Btw, where was Varane yesterday?

How come he was not on the line up?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by Kingcalls: 5:30pm On Oct 25, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

Here we go.. Apart from the goal he scored, what else did he do in the second half to warrant being brutal? Did he assist or build play? Tell me o

I dont know how long u hv been watching football...go and watch how great teams like Milan performed with players like Shevchenko or inzaghi those days.... go check out nisterooy... no one is talking about how wissaka is a major problem or how pogba slows the attack ..... did u watch Watford against Everton...the same josh king that they said is finished...only 2 goals for Watford...ranieri takes over and he scores a hattrick at goodison Park despite being 2.1 down in the second half ... replace Ronaldo with salah and it will b same result...pit Ronaldo in this Liverpool team and he wud be on 15 goals by now

2 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by Shikena(m): 5:41pm On Oct 25, 2021
Kingcalls:

I dont know how long u hv been watching football...go and watch how great teams like Milan performed with players like Shevchenko or inzaghi those days.... go check out nisterooy... no one is talking about how wissaka is a major problem or how pogba slows the attack ..... did u watch Watford against Everton...the same josh king that they said is finished...only 2 goals for Watford...ranieri takes over and he scores a hattrick at goodison Park despite being 2.1 down in the second half ... replace Ronaldo with salah and it will b same result...pit Ronaldo in this Liverpool team and he wud be on 15 goals by now
Solid points all round.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by Kyf1: 5:46pm On Oct 25, 2021
Oh
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:02pm On Oct 25, 2021
Kingcalls:

How can pogba slow the attack when he's not playing as an attacking midfielder. Your argument can also be applied to exonerate pogba. He is unplayable when playing for France but becomes something else when at United.
But that's not my point. You claim that Ronaldo's second half performance saved the team and I asked what else he contributed to the team apart from that solitary goal.
Rashford opened scoring and Maguire equalised. I don't think Ronaldo's goal is more important or significant than any of the two that's why I asked what else he did apart from scoring that justified your adulation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by Ezyp(m): 6:40pm On Oct 25, 2021
Kingcalls:
When u give a ferrari to a danfo driver to drive , he will complain about the car , his passenger will also complain about the car...

I'm a real madrid fan... in 2016 Benitez took over real madrid after ancelotti left... from August to December, Ronaldo was a shadow of himself, he had only 5 league goals an 2 champions league goals...real madrid were 6th on the log , they cudnt even beat legia Warsaw home and away in the group. people like wenger and messi minions said Ronaldo was the problem and that he was too selfish and not helping the team that he was past his best and had aged.... I remember them saying his game play was affecting Bale
... real analyst knew benitez was the problem...the moment zidane took charge in January, he changed tactics ...and Ronaldo turned to a beast , real madrid ended up winning champions league with Ronaldo who had only 2 goals in the group, ending as top scorer with 12 goals, ended as la liga 2nd top scorer only behind suarez ... and lost the league only on the final day... Ronaldo is like a ferrari , only very tactically gifted coaches can operate him.... Ferguson, Mourinho, ancelloti and zidane are gifted coaches...not people like ole , Benitez ,pirlo, that smoker that coached Chelsea or pellegrini .... even in Portugal his national team, his coach Santos understands how to use him , the former Portuguese coaches dint ...since Santos took over his goals increased and it helped the team to their 2 major international trophies...

Man u should get zidane or conte and they will win this league despite being 8 points behind and the CL , even with Fred.... man u is too big for ole ....

The second half against atalanta on Wednesday shows u how brutal Ronaldo can be if the team gets it right ...

You are a real football analyst. Everything you wrote are 100% correct.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by Ezyp(m): 6:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

How can pogba slow the attack when he's not playing as an attacking midfielder. Your argument can also be applied to exonerate pogba. He is unplayable when playing for France but becomes something else when at United.
But that's not my point. You claim that Ronaldo's second half performance saved the team and I asked what else he contributed to the team apart from that solitary goal.
Rashford opened scoring and Maguire equalised. I don't think Ronaldo's goal is more important or significant than any of the two that's why I asked what else he did apart from scoring that justified your adulation
I think what you wrote about Pogba clearly shows the coach is the real problem.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by charlesm91(m): 6:50pm On Oct 25, 2021
othermen:
You would find the largest numbers of dumb people on Ronaldo threads. Again, a very ridiculous headline.

Wenger did not say Ronaldo is the problem of Manchester United. In fact, Wenger has no criticism for Ronaldo whatsoever.

Wenger said the problem with utilizing Ronaldo optimally is that the manager has to build the team around him. He added that Ronaldo will win MAN UTD games if balance is created around him.

So the problem Wenger is referring to, is creating a balance around Ronaldo.

Then he added that Ronaldo is still a fantastic winner.
will said. It’s baffling most didn’t understand the comprehension in the msg
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by eskorelvis: 6:58pm On Oct 25, 2021
Blabbermouth:

Why are you concerned? The big deddy is in for the big meat (champions league), leave the farmer's league for mini goat, upcoming goat and other youngsters.

Weren't you calling it a farmer's league? Why are you all worked up then?

Hahahaha, goat made for laliga. Local Champion. U dey mention ucl like say e go win am for psg. Failure recognizes failure. A goat dat said ucl will return to camp Nou and yet na serious beatings dem receive till he left to another pathetic club dat has never won ucl in their history. I love dat. Common assist for farmers league he no fit do, after una go dey shout for all d goals he don net against top 6 epl teams.

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by eskorelvis: 6:58pm On Oct 25, 2021
kennykruzmason:

Luxembourg man wey score wetin he gain. Keep quiet there ...

Abeg quiet down for dia. Haha

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by harmoullahi(m): 7:06pm On Oct 25, 2021
Shikena:

Are you mad? My friend stop that rubbish. I'm looking at your future right now and it is super bright.
you dont know my state.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 25, 2021
paulolee:
Even wenger don talk same...his fans go still abuse n call wenger saidst n clueless than kissing the fact..
One clueless gee de compare suffering united form with messi's PSG wey dey top french league
Its not about both individual stats BT d after effect of their team performance after dt big move
United dey suffer more with cr7 than wen him no join buy dm say ole be their problem instead of d players...
cr7 needs a balance team to create assit for him to tap in BT nobody is givibg him n dts mking him useless in dt squad n also united defense is wack..
I dnt see conte joining bcox he likes to b incharge n dts why he is asking for assurance if united are serious to get hin
conte I kno, gat d balls to bench n maybe dump dt cr7 n maguire n nobody go cough as long as he shows results, jus like he did with d.costa in Chelsea...

That's the truth.

A good coach must not field a star player in every game.

The coach should know, select, stay-in-charge and decide player combination that will give results.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by FullBlastLight: 7:27pm On Oct 25, 2021
complexBoss12:
u misunderstood me bro, yu said you liked him... I am just saying I only respect his achievements, the werey fans of manure fc, made me not to like the guy so much.

Go & sit down, bikonu!

Have u ever liked any better thing b4?
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by tonididdy(m): 7:38pm On Oct 25, 2021
MangekyoAlt:

Metro.co.uk
Coming from a failed legend like Arsene Wenger with very poor trophy records.

Next.... sad
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by Blabbermouth: 7:43pm On Oct 25, 2021
eskorelvis:

Hahahaha, goat made for laliga. Local Champion. U dey mention ucl like say e go win am for psg. Failure recognizes failure. A goat dat said ucl will return to camp Nou and yet na serious beatings dem receive till he left to another pathetic club dat has never won ucl in their history. I love dat. Common assist for farmers league he no fit do, after una go dey shout for all d goals he don net against top 6 epl teams.
Make a point please, all what you penned was incoherent.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by dotedote: 8:15pm On Oct 25, 2021

grin cheesy�����u wan make the promo reach you ba ?

paulolee:
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by israelp(m): 8:26pm On Oct 25, 2021
i disgree wth wenger on dis 1... Cr7 cos no harm to dat team,..d tin wth ole is dat e doesnt try oda formation.,for cr7 to turly wrk wel u most hv a very strong midfield dat cn play dat pressing game...for utd to play wel they hv to use 352 or 433 meaning biasaka n shaw hv to upper their game.dis is wot biasaka cnt do,his nt dat type of eva as for shaw..he goes forward but cnt track back..then d oda guy maguire cnt even defend to save his life..lastly fred n tom are babes midfielder dat run afer d ball wthout reading d game...as for d attack is very much ok..but need switch in formation to b more effect n lastly ole need to b tough

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:28pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ezyp:

I think what you wrote about Pogba clearly shows the coach is the real problem.

It's not just about the coach. We all forget so easily that Man U were second behind Man City last season.
The coach is having to deal with the imbalance and expectation that Ronaldo's arrival has brought to his team. The easy way out is for him to be benched but will you his fans agree? I'm sure if you ask Solksjaer, he will rather a Halaand or Mbappe than a Ronaldo. Last season, Man Utd played more as a counter-attacking team. The defensive work starts from deep in midfield. With Ronaldo, they are expected to be a free flowing, explosive attacking team. But can Ronaldo match the pace required for that kind of play? Most people forget that when Man U tried playing like that last season, tyhey became very slow and uninventive. That's where they are back at. Solksjaer has to start all over again with getting the team playing together.
So, Solksjaer has a problem, but he is not the only problem.
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by Bamzyriches451: 8:40pm On Oct 25, 2021
Wenger is right
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by israelp(m): 8:49pm On Oct 25, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

It's not just about the coach. We all forget so easily that Man U were second behind Man City last season.
The coach is having to deal with the imbalance and expectation that Ronaldo's arrival has brought to his team. The easy way out is for him to be benched but will you his fans agree? I'm sure if you ask Solksjaer, he will rather a Halaand or Mbappe than a Ronaldo. Last season, Man Utd played more as a counter-attacking team. The defensive work starts from deep in midfield. With Ronaldo, they are expected to be a free flowing, explosive attacking team. But can Ronaldo match the pace required for that kind of play? Most people forget that when Man U tried playing like that last season, tyhey became very slow and uninventive. That's where they are back at. Solksjaer has to start all over again with getting the team playing together.
So, Solksjaer has a problem, but he is not the only problem.
d problem is ole should change formation dat best suit d team..,u cnt put gud players on d bench n expect to win

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by israelp(m): 9:05pm On Oct 25, 2021
herdersen
lindof ttbaily shaw
ligard tom+fernad+pogba rash
green cr7
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:10pm On Oct 25, 2021
israelp:
d problem is ole should change formation dat best suit d team..,u cnt put gud players on d bench n expect to win

Good players like who
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by Formation10: 9:22pm On Oct 25, 2021
MangekyoAlt:

He beeped up by joining manure, and we're gonna see more of what happened yesterday.
I don't even know what Ronaldo was thinking when he returned back to EPL. Something tells me it's because messi moved. He wouldn't have moved had messi remained at FCB. just my assumption.

Meanwhile, the EPL is the "All eyes on you" league. If you play and live upto your hype, they will praise you. All the pundits would hype and high ball you.

But the moment you fail to live upto what is expected of you. Na then you go know how far. You'll see how toxic the English fans are.

Na on a weekly basis you go dey see news like "carragher blast Ronaldo" "HE only cares about goals - Micah slams Ronaldo"
"HE doesn't press enough"
"He's the problem of the team"

In juventus, he was the problem there. But no one talked about it.
But now that he's in England, they've noticed how he doesn't press hard like other strikers in the league and they've berated him for that.

He has even tried to excuse himself by saying he is already 36 years old, on sky'sports.

You're already 36 years old and you still decided to go to a very high intensity league?

That's just an excuse. Ronaldo should face whatever criticism is ditched at to him. He brought it upon himself. Mr new challenge

bro wat d
Is Ronaldo fault in dat match man U problem is d defence line
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by Kingcalls: 9:32pm On Oct 25, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

There is a reason y its called the winning goal...only a hater will say its same with the other goals ... winning goal comes with an extra 2 points in a group game or can qualify a team or win a cup ....thats the difference.... u are a hater so no need explaining what u already know
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: Arsene Wenger Reveals Major Problem With Manchester Utd Star by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:22pm On Oct 25, 2021
Kingcalls:

There is a reason y its called the winning goal...only a hater will say its same with the other goals ... winning goal comes with an extra 2 points in a group game or can qualify a team or win a cup ....thats the difference.... u are a hater so no need explaining what u already know

Nothing like hater here. You're the one who is attaching emotions to the subject. Every goal is important as the next one cause they all confer same advantage on a team; a push towards winning.

If Ronaldo had scored the equalizer, would it have gained less importance to the "winning goal" being scored by Maguire? I'm sure you'll say No!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Worldrankings Top 50 Clubs In The World: Barca On The Top, Real Madrid 5th / Fifa Women's World Cup 2023: Caption This Photo / Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.