Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,466 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record (50013 Views)

Ronaldo Breaks Ali Daei's Record For International Goals / Ali Daei Congratulates Ronaldo As He Equals Men Goalscoring Record / Ronaldo: I Want To Break Ali Daei’s Goalscoring Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by viviangist: 8:34am On Sep 02, 2021
Cristiano Ronaldo boasts, sends message to Ali Daei after breaking all-time goalscoring record

Portugal captain, Cristiano Ronaldo has said that the world record for goals scored in men’s international football he broke on Tuesday against Ireland is the most special record for him.

In a lengthy Instagram post, Ronaldo said that in all the records he had broken in his career, this particular one was very special for him and is on the shelf of the achievements that makes him really proud.

Ronaldo scored his 110th and 111th goals for Portugal in their dramatic 2-1 World Cup qualifying win over the Republic of Ireland on Wednesday.

The 36-year-old scored two late headers to break and extend the record.

Ali Daei scored 109 goals for Iran between 1993 and 2006 but Ronaldo equalled it in the Euro 2020 with a double against France. Catholic Prayers

“I can’t even start to express myself in words! I’m thrilled with an overwhelming sensation! Let’s go, Portugal! Let’s go!” He wrote.

“From all the records that I have broken during my career – and fortunately there have been a few – this one is very special for me and it’s certainly on the shelf of the achievements that make me truly proud,” Ronaldo said.

The 36-year-old forward said that every moment he wears the Portugal national colours is special to him because he is defending his country and showing the world what the Portuguese stands for.

“Secondly, because National Teams competitions have always had a very strong impact in me as I was growing up, watching my idols playing for their flags every other Summer in Euros and in World Cups,” he added.

“But finally and above all, because scoring 111 goals for Portugal means 111 moments like the ones we experienced today in Algarve, moments of worldwide union and happiness for millions and millions of Portuguese citizens all around the Globe. For them, every sacrifice is worth it,” he added.

The newly signed Manchester United forward also appreciated the previous record holder, Ali Daei.

He said that the Iranian had set the standard so high that at some point, he (Ronaldo) doubted his ability to break it.

He said this is another reason he appreciates the achievement so much and congratulated the Iranian.

“Congratulations to the ‘Shariar’ for holding the record for so long and thanks for always showing so much respect for me every time I scored and as I became closer and closer to his outstanding number,” he added.

Recognising the fact that he could not do it all on his own, Ronaldo thanked his teammates and opposing teams for giving him the opportunity to reach the great achievement.

“Thank you Portugal. Thanks to all my teammates and opponents for making this journey so unforgettable. Let’s keep meeting inside the pitch in the years to come! I’m not closing the count just yet…” He wrote.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/09/02/cristiano-ronaldo-boasts-sends-message-to-ali-daei-after-breaking-all-time-goalscoring-record/

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by WibusJaga: 8:37am On Sep 02, 2021

Abeg nothing to get over excited here.
I am 100% sure if Argentina was part of Europe, Messi would have achieved similar feat playing against the likes of Lithuania, Andorra, Luxembourg, Armenia, Latvia, Estonia, Faroe Islands & many other shitty European football countries.

312 Likes 36 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by Unruly7(m): 8:37am On Sep 02, 2021
The only goat I know

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by Lucque: 8:42am On Sep 02, 2021
How e take be boast now...?

225 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by Juliusmomoh: 8:45am On Sep 02, 2021
Lucque:
How e take be boast now...?

Don't mind nigeria bloggers

286 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by paulolee(m): 10:10am On Sep 02, 2021
congrats bro on ur new record....I always respect him as a good goal scorer but being d GOAT isnt just about goals..
that's why nobody knows or mention dis del ali guy dt held dis record for years wen arguing on the goat debate..
CNT wait for December to see my GOAT kiss his latest balloon d or award, it would be his 7th n others would kip watching n playing catch up..
Just a friendly reminder..

61 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by paulolee(m): 10:11am On Sep 02, 2021
WibusJaga:

I am 100% sure if Argentina was part of Europe, Messi would have achieved similar feat playing against the likes of Lithuania, Andorra, Luxembourg, Armenia, Latvia, Estonia, Faroe Islands & many other shitty European football countries.
lolz....his fans won't say anything but one clown was saying dt copa america was a weak competition bcoz of few games wit weaker teams forgetting dt 65 of of cr7 112 goals were scored in the qualifiers, more against smaller n weak opponets.
If na messi na, d story go change, u got dey hear lithuanaman n Luxemburg man
No stress urself bross, na hypocrites DM all be

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by ODJ124(m): 10:29am On Sep 02, 2021
cool
The only GOAT....

Thread seen..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by ODJ124(m): 10:33am On Sep 02, 2021
WibusJaga:

E pain am..

232 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by Yale9(m): 10:33am On Sep 02, 2021
WibusJaga:

E pain am.

238 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by Waakanda: 10:48am On Sep 02, 2021
undecided
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by unbitchable(m): 11:15am On Sep 02, 2021
WibusJaga:

That is why Uefa keeps expanding European teams to make it easier for the old fraud to stat pad against farmers' countries.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by YorubaKinging: 12:20pm On Sep 02, 2021
The end is near

Just like burna boy

This boy always feel good about himself, praising himself

But we all know who the real Goat is

Lionel Messi

And Wizkid is far better than burna boy

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by Aflix(m): 12:20pm On Sep 02, 2021
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by WiszyFraud: 12:20pm On Sep 02, 2021
This guy doesn’t let other players make the headlines for so long..

Will there ever be another GOAT of this calibre in the history of football??
undecided

28 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by FactBoyz: 12:20pm On Sep 02, 2021
grin
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by Helpfromabove1(m): 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2021
This is the real GOAT any other na ewu grin grin

21 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by Xscape047: 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2021
Like sey na Video game

Every year na Ororo C7 Year...menh...

N this soccer eminence really started from GRASS to GRACE oooo....

Omooh..

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by Pidginwhisper: 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2021
Dwarf fans are already wailing. Wait till your Ewure score 40goals a season in the farmers league wey he go. Till then Ororo na your papa! Dem say he can only score tap-in, he no talk, dem say he be penaldo, he no talk. He decided to troway penalty to make dem happy and silence them by nodding brace. Make your dwarf do am if e easy.Their papa! grin

122 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by emmyw(m): 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2021
WibusJaga:

Exactly

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by sanity12(m): 12:22pm On Sep 02, 2021
Haters will hate but this guy is a great guy

28 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by MICHEALADEX(m): 12:22pm On Sep 02, 2021
Nothing special about the countries Rolando has played against.

Even our national team in their worst state will use them shine.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by iambabaG: 12:22pm On Sep 02, 2021
Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by bonechamberlain(m): 12:22pm On Sep 02, 2021
THE GOAT

1 Like

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by MOTIONTECH(m): 12:22pm On Sep 02, 2021
WibusJaga:

oga rest

42 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by Biglittlelois(f): 12:22pm On Sep 02, 2021
Been a fan of Man U right from the very first time he was there, if only he wasn't a baby daddy tongue

3 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by frankmoney(m): 12:23pm On Sep 02, 2021
See Messi fans crying everywhere

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by OmoManU: 12:23pm On Sep 02, 2021
Why use the word boast

20 Likes

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by DJInfluence: 12:23pm On Sep 02, 2021
ODJ124:

E pain am..
he talk true. How many he score against England, Spain, Germany, Italy France, Holland or even Sweden wey we no go hear word again?
Even the previous record holder self na fraud.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Message To Ali Daei After Breaking Record by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 02, 2021
A normal neutral speech IMO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gernot Rohr: Victor Moses Is The Most Reliable Super Eagles Player / Saudi Arabia Fans hit the SIU After Argentina Win / Emmanuel Adebayor Shows His Gbe Body Moves At The Gym

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.