Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

The Double Standards Of Nigerian Women From Poor Backgrounds - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Double Standards Of Nigerian Women From Poor Backgrounds (1290 Views)

What Are The Dangers Of Marrying A Girl From Poor Family / What Has Been Your Experience Dating Nigerian Girls From Poor Homes? / Pictures Of Nigerian Women From Times Past (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Double Standards Of Nigerian Women From Poor Backgrounds by gforce5: 10:51am On Oct 25, 2021
I will never understand why Nigerian women from poor backgrounds have this entitlement to marry up. They are all over social media broke shaming poor men and swearing that they have nothing to do with them. You will never see girls from rich backgrounds do this. Hell, even girls from middle class families don't do this. I understand the importance of wanting a better life for yourself and your offsprings. I really do. What I don't get, however, is their criticism of broke guys/struggling guys bring nothing to the table but they themselves have nothing to offer. If you ask them what they themselves bring to the table in a relationship, their response is "oh he will love me for who I am", "the rich bachelor hasn't seen the poor girl that will sweep him off his feet", "I will be submissive and humble". My dear, how is that "love" you are talking about going to improve his life? You don't believe in love from a poor guy but you want to offer that same "love" to someone who can get any woman he wants? Does that make logical sense? Your father doesn't have a car but you demean men who don't have a car sad You live in a face me I face you flat in Orile but you want ballers who live in Lekki and Ikoyi? sad

What most of these women don't understand is that rich guys, especially ajebutters, are very elitist. If you mess up, they will remind you of where you were coming from before they met you. They can kick you out at any time and there's nothing you can do about it. Look and FFK and his estranged wife. Caroline Danjuma's husband cheated on her with several women and she couldn't do jack. I am not saying that you shouldn't go for rich men but at least bring something to the table and not see marriage/relationships as a poverty alleviation scheme. Agbani Darego came from a humble background but she ended up marrying Danjuma's son. Let's not forget that Agbani has her own money and has furthered herself both academically and socially.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Double Standards Of Nigerian Women From Poor Backgrounds by Smartb0y: 10:57am On Oct 25, 2021
@op,you're addressing a wall. its all or nothing for these girls.

8 Likes

Re: The Double Standards Of Nigerian Women From Poor Backgrounds by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 25, 2021
The status quo can't be changed. You better stop the cappin

1 Like

Re: The Double Standards Of Nigerian Women From Poor Backgrounds by SportsHD: 11:24am On Oct 25, 2021
die it.
Cc, ikillbrokehoes.

E get why person use that kind username cheesy.
Re: The Double Standards Of Nigerian Women From Poor Backgrounds by siofra(f): 11:42am On Oct 25, 2021
Sorry, we aren't lowering our standards for any broke son of Adam. angry

Stay alert Queens.

1 Like

Re: The Double Standards Of Nigerian Women From Poor Backgrounds by AstroG: 1:13pm On Oct 25, 2021
siofra:

Stay alert Queens.

Your response to some certain thread are as trash as you are undecided

8 Likes

Re: The Double Standards Of Nigerian Women From Poor Backgrounds by siofra(f): 1:31pm On Oct 25, 2021
AstroG:

Your response to some certain thread are as trash as you are undecided

Because they contradict what you believe in. Ntoor!! tongue
Re: The Double Standards Of Nigerian Women From Poor Backgrounds by stunnert(m): 2:47pm On Oct 25, 2021
All I know is that I've got a glock at home and I'm gonna shoot the next daughter of eve that asks me for money angry

1 Like

Re: The Double Standards Of Nigerian Women From Poor Backgrounds by Jeon(f): 2:50pm On Oct 25, 2021
If you can't keep up with the standards then you walk away...

1 Like

Re: The Double Standards Of Nigerian Women From Poor Backgrounds by Godada(m): 4:18pm On Oct 25, 2021
Re: The Double Standards Of Nigerian Women From Poor Backgrounds by Upjis: 6:13pm On Oct 25, 2021
siofra:

Stay alert Queens.

Broke son of adam like your father,brother and son

You are really sick in the head
Re: The Double Standards Of Nigerian Women From Poor Backgrounds by gforce5: 11:45am On Oct 26, 2021
Thank you for the message even though you know nothing about my background. The question is, what "standards" do you have to begin with? You are poor, no money, no assets, no car, no family pedigree and you are talking about "standards"? Isn't that ironic? What are women from poor backgrounds bringing to the table? Intellect? Finance? Contacts? Homemaking? What is it? What do you have to offer a rich baller that other women can't? I want to know.
siofra:

Stay alert Queens.

2 Likes

Re: The Double Standards Of Nigerian Women From Poor Backgrounds by Truvelisback(m): 11:52am On Oct 26, 2021
War start!

1 Like

Re: The Double Standards Of Nigerian Women From Poor Backgrounds by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 26, 2021
siofra:

Stay alert Queens.

I have been noticing you.... Congrats... undecided
Re: The Double Standards Of Nigerian Women From Poor Backgrounds by Magnoliaa(f): 3:04pm On Oct 26, 2021
Lol...

You made some valid, cogent points.

Firstly, there are two kinds of rich people, I believe. The ones that have money and the ones that are truly elite. I think you're referring to the latter.

Thing with people is... I don't even know.

A lack of self-awareness (and reflection) is a thing. Self-hate is another. And, yeah, entitlement, I guess, lastly.

For some of those girls, they do not think. They just say whatever comes to their head, out their mouths. Yes. It's not a bad thing to aspire for something better and someone better...but how can you really be insulting or mocking someone just like you are? Or when you aren't better off. I don't get it. I think it is psychological (one of the complexes) and a projection. You hate your state so much that you lash out at other people exactly in your state. It's tasteless to me, tbh.

And like Agbani that you cited, if no body is ready to develop themselves and move up socially, intellectually, and in every way, it is just a fantasy to aspire to date someone of a higher class.

1 Like

Re: The Double Standards Of Nigerian Women From Poor Backgrounds by gforce5: 10:39am On Oct 27, 2021
Thank you for understanding where I am coming from! Someone finally gets it! I am not mocking women or anyone from a poor background. I am not saying that they should remain where they are. All I am saying (pretty sure it's the same for most rational people) is that you can't ask for what you don't have. Relationships are give and take not take and take. You cannot be poor and expect a rich man or a rich man's son to sweep you off your feet when you haven't done anything to develop yourself.

Life is not like the movies. Even Meghan Markle was an established actress when she met Prince Harry. She wasn't living in a slum dreaming about marrying Royalty. Even despite all this, the British press made a mockery of her family background. Can these leeches deal with that? The real elite, as you noted, don't respect people from humble beginnings regardless of gender. These slay queens don't understand this. Us men are very realistic about our prospects and don't go for what we can't handle.
Magnoliaa:
Lol...

You made some valid, cogent points.

Firstly, there are two kinds of rich people, I believe. The ones that have money and the ones that are truly elite. I think you're referring to the latter.

Thing with people is... I don't even know.

A lack of self-awareness (and reflection) is a thing. Self-hate is another. And, yeah, entitlement, I guess, lastly.

For some of those girls, they do not think. They just say whatever comes to their head, out their mouths. Yes. It's not a bad thing to aspire for something better and someone better...but how can you really be insulting or mocking someone just like you are? Or when you aren't better off. I don't get it. I think it is psychological (one of the complexes) and a projection. You hate your state so much that you lash out at other people exactly in your state. It's tasteless to me, tbh.

And like Agbani that you cited, if no body is ready to develop themselves and move up socially, intellectually, and in every way, it is just a fantasy to aspire to date someone of a higher class.

(1) (Reply)

How Far Can You See? (pics) / Video Of Man & Woman Ch0pping Themselves In Swimming Pool / Women Need To Read This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.