Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria (39743 Views)

8 Things About Working In Ilorin Kwara State Nigeria �� / Npower: 5,781 Exited, 25,998 Placed On Hold As EFCC Looks For Absconders / 8 Things You Must Keep In Mind When Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 26, 2021
Most of the things you listed are perishables.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by posty56: 4:20pm On Oct 26, 2021
you're recommending perishable goods as investment, SMH, learn stock or crypto

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by Nwachi22(f): 4:21pm On Oct 26, 2021
Op, this list is incomplete. You didn’t mention beans.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by CSTRR: 4:21pm On Oct 26, 2021
I have a farm from undeveloped lands.

I beg the owners of the lands to let me farm it pending when they will build on it.

I have planted cassava and okro. I hired abokii to do the manual labour.
Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by Dearpart1000: 4:21pm On Oct 26, 2021
I will advice they invest also in sachets tomatoes. From N25 to N50 and now N150 per sachets, this astronomical increase spells a boom at Christmas.
Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by Hassanmaye(m): 4:21pm On Oct 26, 2021
emmabest2000:
Incomplete list without Garri
Garri is gold now sir is not joke it's price in 2020 was the Same with rice in the north! 25;000

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by adonainana: 4:22pm On Oct 26, 2021
alwaysdking:
You can as well invested into Real Estate.

LAND
INVESTMENT

You need more explanation, you can check https://lifepage.ng/

Or you can talk to me on 08032947418

Even land don cast now

Cos what most people don’t realize is the percentage increase in the worth of any land you are selling is more or less the perrctwngr decrease in the value of the currency you bought the land with

Land you bought for 80,000 naira in 1993 will sell for 8 million naira now but what most people don’t realize is what 80k could buy you in 1993, 8 million naira can’t buy you in 2021

So what’s the point of buying the land in he first place

3 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:22pm On Oct 26, 2021
Buy dollars and keep it. You will be surprised
Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by ApostlePaul14: 4:22pm On Oct 26, 2021
Not serious, they all have expiring date even gas will escape from that cylinder after sometime
Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by Hassanmaye(m): 4:23pm On Oct 26, 2021
sammirano2:
You go shock at the market price fall soon
How? May be if Buhari tenure is over

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by Nonexisting1: 4:25pm On Oct 26, 2021
Everything is funny but you see that gas, nothing is funny about it. Only ritualists and politicians dey fit use am like tomorrow no dey especially in Southeast now. I don dey ration my cooking now. My friend taught me to soak beans for sometime before cooking it and I'm glad I listened because it's saving me gas.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by graciousify(f): 4:25pm On Oct 26, 2021
Judging by the economic realities in Nigeria today, we all know that having only on source of income is no longer sustainable.
I can teach you proven a proven method on how you can scale your income to 300-400k per month using your phone.
Take a step today and start your journey to financial freedom.
Click here to get started:
Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by Tokskob2008: 4:26pm On Oct 26, 2021
Yet we still have a lot of bastards in here who don't see anything wrong in this government just because of 30k, 30k that isn't enough to feed for 2weeks now...

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by pickatyoubackup: 4:26pm On Oct 26, 2021
This should be under jokes section.

Op dey talk like the products no get expiry dates

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by AlwaysMotun: 4:27pm On Oct 26, 2021
Even pure water
Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by Bahun(m): 4:28pm On Oct 26, 2021
Watin b eNaira?
undecided undecided undecided undecided
ClassicMan202:
So make we no buy and hodl enaira??

Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 26, 2021
wonder233:
Beans is the scariest. In lagos, the standard measure is the paint rubber. Just in march last year, a paint rubber sold for N800 for the honey beans, today it is N4,500

Can beans be grown in southern Nigeria?
Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by vickydevoka(m): 4:32pm On Oct 26, 2021
missimelda01:
lol I jumped into this thread with speed hoping to see serious investment ideas grin
I swear. I no need food business or perishable food business. If u are not into it fully, just forget it. Selling is usually a problem
Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by vickydevoka(m): 4:32pm On Oct 26, 2021
Juliusmomoh:
Kidney is now $85 million... I say make i update una.
Lie. U mean 85 million naira

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by Tmex(m): 4:32pm On Oct 26, 2021
adonainana:
But on a serious note

Most of these cash crops are grown within Nigeria so what happened that a paint of beans rose from 800 to 4500

Also the plantain one what happened on the farm that all of a sudden it’s now 2k a bunch of plantain cub

Is it the general inflation affecting everything or a specific issue with harvesting

If it’s harvesting of crops then it should automatically lead to a famine or shortage of same crops not abundance

So I really don’t understand why plantain rice beans almost things that are grown for almost for free keep rising with dollar price that has nothing to do with it in the first place

God help Nigeria
(1) Law of demand and supply. At the moment we have low supply as most farmers are out of farms consequently leading to the higher price.
(2)The plantain also needs to buy beans and as it stands even selling all his harvested plantain may not meet his needs for beans, so the better alternative that he has is increase the price for the commodity he has in order to avail him enough cash to meet his needs(beans)

4 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by Bmaster(m): 4:33pm On Oct 26, 2021
JerrieBoss:
Like Seriously

Christmass might be postponed in Nigeria for high prices of goods.
i don't know if its only me,but what you said is hilarious!

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by Juanmike(m): 4:34pm On Oct 26, 2021
Badguy77:
If dem like make dem sale maggi for 100 naira per cube we go buy...I know say one day everything go pure
Exactly what one coach has been saying for the past 3re year, and nothing has changed.
Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by sammirano2: 4:35pm On Oct 26, 2021
Hassanmaye:

How? May be if Buhari tenure is over

If yiu know what i know, you wont hokd anything. See rice at 17k for a bag soon

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by Juliusmomoh: 4:35pm On Oct 26, 2021
vickydevoka:
Lie. U mean 85 million naira
I don't want to argue this afternoon... U won sell?
Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by Bigboy289(m): 4:36pm On Oct 26, 2021
AgamaProf:
Most of the things you listed are perishables.
Get a sense of humor, prof undecided

3 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by Passionate1(m): 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2021
wonder233:
Beans is the scariest. In lagos, the standard measure is the paint rubber. Just in march last year, a paint rubber sold for N800 for the honey beans, today it is N4,500

So how much b bag of beans now?
Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by adonainana: 4:37pm On Oct 26, 2021
Tmex:

(1) Law of demand and supply. At the moment we have low supply as most farmers are out of farms consequently leading to the higher price.
(2)The plantain also needs to buy beans and as it stands even selling all his harvested plantain may not meet his needs for beans, so the better alternative that he has is increase the price for the commodity he has in order to avail him enough cash to meet his needs(beans)

Point 2 makes no sense, it sounds more like Nigerians car dealers trying to sell thier used Nigerian cars, it’s not feasible within the extant laws of economics

On point one inadequate supply or low supply points more to a famine, there isn’t a low supply of plantain in the market infact you will still see them in abundance it’s just ridiculously expensive and the question is why

1 Like

Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by Depressed101: 4:38pm On Oct 26, 2021
Vipro:
1. Maggi cubes.

Maggi was two for N5 in 2012, but now it’s one for N10 now. Who knows, you could wake up next year and hear that one cube of Knorr Chicken now goes for N50 per piece. Better buy the dip now before it rises.

2. Titus sardine.
Titus Sardine (125g) – Chopbox
Sardines are now hotcake, but Titus sardine is the hottest of them all. It recently attained a record high when it rose from N340 to N650 in less than one week. Bitcoin is shaking. You better buy and hodl now, so you can resell when it lands at N1k.

3. Egg.

You can bear me witness when I say eggs once sold for N25 per piece, four pieces for N100. Now, one piece of egg goes for nothing less than N80. Chickens are now laying the new Cryptocurrency. Egg-o-currency to the moon!

4. Gas.

Before we say anything, it is important to let you know that anyone who can afford to refill their gas these days is a ritualist. If they cook for you with that gas, you better not eat it. Maybe they want to collect your destiny and use it to refill gas. But please, investing in gas is one easy way to cash out these days. Do you know how much one kg costs now? You better buy and hodl now. Christmas is coming, you will make your money back. Just stay safe sha. Don’t let your investment kill other people. Their ghost will swear for you.

5. Onions.

Onions will soon start competing with gold. Two small pieces now sell for N100. And these are sizes that used to sell at N20 per piece. Can you see how wide the profit margin is? If you are lucky, you can enter into partnership with a caterer. Year in year out, you will just be cashing out. If we were you, we would even buy stocks for our unborn children with it.

6. Titus fish.
Titus Fish – Frozen – Carton (20Kg) – FARMBOY.NG
Like Titus sardine, like Titus fish. One piece now goes for N1k plus, and according to the investment analysts on Zikoko’s Wall Street, this is still estimated to rise higher. You better buy ice blocks and convert your bathing drum into a cold storage. Stock up Titus fish and wait. When the boom happens, even Dangote will be begging you to invest in his business. Dangote wey still dey find money.

7. Frozen turkey and chicken.
OROBO CHICKEN 1 KILO - chef360
Frozen turkey is now N2,500, if not more. Frozen chicken is slowly climbing up to N2,000 per kilo. If after all our advice, you still don’t know that you should invest in it now, then we are sorry for you oh. Don’t you want to get rich?

8. Vegetable oil and palm oil.
King's Vegetable Oil 3 L - GoMarket
If anyone is saying tech is the best place to make money, it is a big lie. Tech, when you can invest in vegetable oil and palm oil, and cash out big time Do you know how much one gallon of vegetable oil is now? BUY THE DIP NOW OH. BUY IT NOW. A lot of these tech people are surviving on investment returns from vegetable oil and palm oil. They are just using tech to cover face. If tech is as easy as they say, how come you have not made money after one week of UI/UX?.

Follow and Share for more....
very stupid analysis, because these items undergoes inflation just as other items you will spend same money on will undergo same inflation..

The only reasonable investment in nigeria currently is cryptocurrency and real estate
Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by McTobe(m): 4:39pm On Oct 26, 2021
grin
Juliusmomoh:
Kidney is now $85 million... I say make i update una.
Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 26, 2021
Bigboy289:
Get a sense of humor, prof undecided
grin grin grin
Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by Hassanmaye(m): 4:44pm On Oct 26, 2021
sammirano2:

If yiu know what i know, you wont hokd anything. See rice at 17k for a bag soon
May God answer your prayer

2 Likes

Re: 8 Things You Can Buy And Hold As Investment In Nigeria by themanderon: 4:49pm On Oct 26, 2021
I bought a hand fan for 1700naira just about 3 months ago and today I went back and was told the same fan is now sold for 2900!!! Wow........They guys are killing Nigerians and yet they are still seeking to tax the poorest of the poor. Our leaders are worse than devils.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Visafone Recruitment! / 5 Benefits And 5 Problems Of N-power Recruitment Scheme Every Applicants Must Kn / Customs Application Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.