Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? (20866 Views)

How To Remove My Bvn From Loan Apps / What Will Happen If One Fails To Pay Back Loan From Loan App? / How Can Someone Use My BVN Pin To Withdraw My Money. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by drignet(m): 5:49pm On Oct 26, 2021
staga:
OP are you a fool?
You will download the app, use your details and BVN and phone number to register on the app. Then you will give your phone to your colleague to borrow.

Your colleague does not have money to buy a smart phone, but he can borrow money from loan app.
OP, U get brain at all?
try dey read

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by Romanoff(f): 5:49pm On Oct 26, 2021
The permission to access to you phone book will be requested and they will have access to your contacts.
Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by khadaffi(m): 5:49pm On Oct 26, 2021
staga:
OP are you a fool?
You will download the app, use your details and BVN and phone number to register on the app. Then you will give your phone to your colleague to borrow.

Your colleague does not have money to buy a smart phone, but he can borrow money from loan app.
OP, U get brain at all?

I'm not sure you understand what the OP wrote. Please re-read.

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by marsup: 5:50pm On Oct 26, 2021
prosperioh:
A colleague wants to use my phone to borrow loan from one of these loan apps( fairmoney) because he doesn't have a smart phone. He will download the app, register with his details, collect the loan, then i can delete the app. Please is there any harm in that? Make i no go enter trouble say i one help person.
Modified
Before making this post, the person started the process but could not complete it due to paystack error,he went to bank to sort that out yesterday and has called me to pls come today, this is when i started having double mind. Can i just delete the app (I already granted those permission they requested).
don't try it. It is your contacts they will have access to.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by B11la2b: 5:50pm On Oct 26, 2021
izzy4shizzy:

I no understand
Sorry I quoted u .. please ignore .
Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by mcgaius: 5:51pm On Oct 26, 2021
bumait:
please don't allow this, I repeat DONT ALLOW THIS. the same situation happened to me like presently she has refused to pay and av been getting calls from them tirelessly and have been forced to pay the loan myself to save myself the embarrassment and the said person has refused to pick my calls

Stop misinforming people.The only thing that you have to be sure is that your number and other of your details weren't used,otherwise there is no harm in it.The loan company will still call you if your friend defaults regardless of the fact that he used your phone or not because your friend has you in his phone contact.

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by Japhtee(m): 5:52pm On Oct 26, 2021
bumait:
please don't allow this, I repeat DONT ALLOW THIS. the same situation happened to me like presently she has refused to pay and av been getting calls from them tirelessly and have been forced to pay the loan myself to save myself the embarrassment and the said person has refused to pick my calls

You just lied. They can send your contacts message but will not call you or are you saying he registered with your no?

4 Likes

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by irunoko(m): 5:52pm On Oct 26, 2021
Continue.until they use your phone to do fraud and then they start running after you as if you are a criminal
Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by Kfg1: 5:53pm On Oct 26, 2021
How
Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by house10s: 5:54pm On Oct 26, 2021
prosperioh:
A colleague wants to use my phone to borrow loan from one of these loan apps( fairmoney) because he doesn't have a smart phone. He will download the app, register with his details, collect the loan, then i can delete the app. Please is there any harm in that? Make i no go enter trouble say i one help person.
Modified
Before making this post, the person started the process but could not complete it due to paystack error,he went to bank to sort that out yesterday and has called me to pls come today, this is when i started having double mind. Can i just delete the app (I already granted those permission they requested).

yes, wipe d sim clean of all contact use a bank account u not really using n then borrow

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by decent2(m): 5:55pm On Oct 26, 2021
prosperioh:
Modified
don't allow him oo ,ones u allow him all your contact,ur file will be saved to there database,if the guy didn't pay,u they will send message,to all contact that u dump them,I have experience dis kind of thing,when I lost my phone those people that steal my wipe all my in
Money in my account through Internet banking then, they use my phone to borrow money even now I have been receiving threat for money that I didn't borrow all my contact,be wise don't u allow ,
Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by Cognitivereason: 5:55pm On Oct 26, 2021
staga:
OP are you a fool?

OP, U get brain at all?

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by linearity: 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
An OTP will be sent by the app to verify the phone number and this is how your number will be gotten.

If you still want to go ahead, remove your SIM so that the person uses his/her own SIM (& Google account).

If you truly want to help the person.
1. Backup your contacts to your SIM card.
2. Remove your SIM.
4. Check contacts to ensure that, there is no contacts on the phone, if there is any, delete all of them.
5. Let him insert his SIM, since all he ‘need’ is a smartphone. If he doesn’t have a SIM card, let him go get one.
6. After completing the transaction, he can remove his SIM.
7. Insert your SIM and restore your contacts.

4 Likes

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by paskal16: 6:00pm On Oct 26, 2021
staga:
OP are you a fool?

OP, U get brain at all?
weyrey
Una go jst open mouth dey talk thrash

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by Antoeni(m): 6:04pm On Oct 26, 2021
Op I can See you in Police Cell , in the Special Anti Fraud Unit
Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by kolasoft: 6:05pm On Oct 26, 2021
Yes if the loan was defaulted your phone could be inaccessible until the loan is paid
Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by Antoeni(m): 6:07pm On Oct 26, 2021
The Contract on your phone will be Synchronized by Fairmoney,
Chalie wise up
Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by Newboss(m): 6:07pm On Oct 26, 2021
Mumu man!

See question. Person no even suppose use your phone make call
Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by therajah: 6:12pm On Oct 26, 2021
High risk!!
Why would you want to put yourself in a mess
Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by marwanafrica: 6:13pm On Oct 26, 2021
[quote author=Cognitivereason post=107085535][/quote] So now how are you going to do regarding that threat? Since u were not the one that borrow the money
Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by VULCAN(m): 6:13pm On Oct 26, 2021
There is no crime in being ignorant on an issue.

The crime is when you speak authoritatively on an issue you are completely ignorant about.

Must you comment?

So you don't know that the app collects data from his phone including his number and the entire contact list on his phone.

When the debtor refuses to pay then the company will be calling him daily.

Also they will be sending messages to all his contacts saying that so so and so with number so so and so borrowed money and has refused to repay.

Although the messages sent to his contacts will bear the name of the debtor, the phone number attached to the debtor will be his.

So his contacts will see him as a crook who took loan but give fake name. Who will believe his story that he allowed the debtor to register with his phone?

Someone above suggested that he use the guys SIM to register the loan.

That would only work if he has no contacts saved on his phone memory. Then the app will only access the contacts saved on the borrower's phone.

B11la2b:

Be ur brothers keeper .. don’t listen to negative advice here .. there is no harm in using ur phone.

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by emmy512: 6:13pm On Oct 26, 2021
A freind did this to me and I'll tell you.
Your data and location is what will be used to find you if he defaults.

Na you dem go first rough before u provide d guy.

Don't do it

3 Likes

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Oct 26, 2021
bumait:
pls borrow me your phone make i loan small money since u have good heart to repay if i refuse to do so grin
Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by Calitoscassius(m): 6:15pm On Oct 26, 2021
bumait:
I don't believe you! as long as the loan is not taken in your name, the loan company has no right! I mean no fucking right to harrass you, even if the borrower used your phone number and your phone, so what if you changed your number? Will, can they still contact you? NO!! What if you relocate to another town? Can they still find you? NO!!! You just wanted to pay the loan that is if i believe your story. cheesy
Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by emmy512: 6:16pm On Oct 26, 2021
izzy4shizzy:
I believe I don see this Post before.

But since you the ask for advice nau, as long as the person no use your number, bvn, name or any sensitive details, you should be fine. Na your guy epp am

abi you wan borrow am the money
This is just half of how loan apps work.
He'll have to submit the phone data too which would be used

2 Likes

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by emmy512: 6:17pm On Oct 26, 2021
linearity:

If you truly want to help the person.
1. Backup your contacts to your SIM card.
2. Remove your SIM.
4. Check contacts to ensure that, there is no contacts on the phone, if there is any, delete all of them.
5. Let him insert his SIM, since all he ‘need’ is a smartphone. If he doesn’t have a SIM card, let him go get one.
6. After completing the transaction, he can remove his SIM.
7. Insert your SIM and restore your contacts.

This won't work,
They analyse the sim data and phone data, including sms to determine if you're worthy of a Lone.
Even if they give, it won't pass 5k
Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by fredie107(m): 6:20pm On Oct 26, 2021
prosperioh:
Modified

Pls don't allow that..... Your contact will be accessed and when the person defaults, you will become the thief cos they will send messages to all your contacts labelling you a thief.

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by Calitoscassius(m): 6:20pm On Oct 26, 2021
No qualms! As long as the loan is not taken in your name, NO problemo!!

Even if your phone number is used to obtain the loan as long as you didn't sign anything in your name or your name is used to borrow, NO qualms!!

Infact, i can give the borrower my phone number to use in borrowing, if they call me i just ask, show me proofs that i borrowed any money from you. If they call harrass me more i change my number. Case closed!
Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by demoBaba: 6:21pm On Oct 26, 2021
OP if the said friend didn't use your BVN, Mail, your phone to register don't allow him to use any of your financial details. With this please help him out this country is hard.
Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by Calitoscassius(m): 6:23pm On Oct 26, 2021
fredie107:

Pls don't allow that..... Your contact will be accessed and when the person defaults, you will become the thief cos they will send messages to all your contacts labelling you a thief.
So? they can label me prince of thieves if they like, am I a thief? NO! Did they lend me any money? NO! Can they prove they lent me money? NO!

Fine!

I will

Just

Change

my

Number!!

Period!!! tongue
Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by Yankee101: 6:24pm On Oct 26, 2021
Don't allow it

They'll copy your contacts, messages and pictures

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Use My Phone To Borrow Loan From Loan Apps? Any Harm? by Nauttyprof(m): 6:31pm On Oct 26, 2021
Is the OP trying to make us just comment here?Anyway, OP be your brother's keeper and help a brother in need. Then, wait till at least 2 to 3 weeks after your guy receives the loan. You will the see 7 wonders of the lending company.

OP, expect some show of love from them just the way Soko loan and others do. Your life will never remain the same after this encounter. It's your turn to testify.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zenith Bank Names Adaora Umeoji As New GMD/CEO / Get A Moniepoints POS Terminal / Etisalat May Leave Nigeria Over $1.2bn Loan Default

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.