Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. (18123 Views)

Government Work Is Not Worth It After All / Frustrated Employee Blasts His Employer For Always Messing With His “small” Sala / Help! My Boss Is Taking Credit For My Work (2) (3) (4)

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by GeneralDae: 6:57pm On Oct 27, 2021
Nwaotu10:
Same was obtainable with me as a private school teacher. I had to quit the job to stable my mental health.

I'm currently jobless, and looking out for driving job.
If I could get a driving job anytime sooner, it'd prevent me from this impending doom.
19/03/2022 cry
Since you were a teacher, look out for home lesson jobs. There are some that could pay you up to 30 thousand naira to teach more than one child in a family. You can get more than one of those jobs. Start with that while applying for other jobs.
If you kill yourself, how does it solve anything? We don't really know what entails after death. I don't see how you gain anything by killing yourself tho.
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by yemmybx(m): 7:49pm On Oct 27, 2021
Sorry, bro. Let me share my experience with you and other people like you out there.

A few months ago I was feeling and going through the same thing you're going through now. Do you know what I did? I resigned without any backup plan other than to adjust my CV and start applying after leaving the job.

I resigned for my sanity sake and I was surprised how God favoured me within two months. I was employed elsewhere with times2 pay and healthy working conditions.

Before I left there, I did some courses with certificates and skills to show that I was ready for a bigger task.

Don't forget to talk to GOD about it first. HE knows more than us. God bless you and I.

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by RIDOO: 8:04pm On Oct 27, 2021
OnlineArchitect:
Your Health/peace of mind first bro. Don't ever negotiate it.

If it's not giving you peace then it's not worth it
Yes o.l was once in that shoes ..l resigned without even getting another job .l cannot let one boss come and go and come n kill me .
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by yomi007k(m): 8:06pm On Oct 27, 2021
Rhozabeth:

I don't think i need to say more than this advice! No 1 & 3 are golden!

Yezzir
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by yomi007k(m): 8:07pm On Oct 27, 2021
Twoclans:

@ OP in addition to this please ensure you do not mess up your blood pressure and you try as much as possible to stay positive.

If you mess up your blood pressure it will lead to other issues which might make it impossible for you to work in a better environment in the future .

I dey tell u...who wan employ stroke patient.
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by SilvanusII(m): 10:53am On Oct 28, 2021
If you actually like being a marketer, I'd say you should stay put. Nothing helps coping with an uncomfortable environment than passion. If you don't, bounce. As someone has said, if you don't think of urself as a failure, what can man do to you?

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 12, 2021
Follow your mind..simple!

Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? / Top 10 Signs That You're Unhappy At Work / Customs Faults Officer Demanding N5,000 Bribe From Passenger, Begins Probe