Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,150 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. (18129 Views)

Government Work Is Not Worth It After All / Frustrated Employee Blasts His Employer For Always Messing With His “small” Sala / Help! My Boss Is Taking Credit For My Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by atobs4real(m): 2:07pm On Oct 27, 2021
PLEASE RESIGN. I JUST LOST A FRIEND WHO WAS DEPRESSED THROUGH HIS JOB.
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by BrandBrainBox: 2:08pm On Oct 27, 2021
cool
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by martyns303(m): 2:08pm On Oct 27, 2021
mikmash:
The say in the council of multitude is wisdom.

I'm keeping it brief, I might pick your advice which can make or Mar me. I work with an establishment. Honestly these days the work ethic is making me depressed.
Come with me,
I pay for my marketing transportation, data and for calls. With a salary only shy above the minimum wage.
Regardless, pressure is mounting up that I'm not giving results. Let's be frank here, marketing operations differs diversely in this country. What works in kaduna, might not work in Lagos.
My peace of mind, is paramount. If you ask me whether I enjoy the working environment I did say no. But that's all a man got for now. Bearing up with the minimum.

These days I can't sleep. I feel like resigning but I'm scared of been tagged a failure. Your advice is needed Nairalanders. Help push to the front page

Are u a marketer with UBA?

1 Like

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by akinmusi(m): 2:08pm On Oct 27, 2021
Let these two factors guide for you to be on the job or not.

1. Are you learning and improving on the job that could eventually make you to be self-employed in the next 2 to 3 years. If your answer is yes take it as a training or work in progress for the actualization of your dream.

2. If you must leave that job now surround yourself with people who can give you business ideas or that will encourage you to live and do well. Don't ask of this kind of advice from your family or your siblings. They will not support or encourage you because they may see you as a future liability should you quit your job. Only on rare occasions you have a sibling that can have your back and not slam it against the wall.

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by BadNews: 2:11pm On Oct 27, 2021
Start Blogging Business And Thank Me Later
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by marsup: 2:11pm On Oct 27, 2021
mikmash:

I'm keeping it brief, I might pick your advice which can make or Mar me. I work with an establishment. Honestly these days the work ethic is making me depressed.
Come with me,
I pay for my marketing transportation, data and for calls. With a salary only shy above the minimum wage.
Regardless, pressure is mounting up that I'm not giving results. Let's be frank here, marketing operations differs diversely in this country. What works in kaduna, might not work in Lagos.
My peace of mind, is paramount. If you ask me whether I enjoy the working environment I did say no. But that's all a man got for now. Bearing up with the minimum.

These days I can't sleep. I feel like resigning but I'm scared of been tagged a failure. Your advice is needed Nairalanders. Help push to the front page
No job is worth risking your mental stability over. Look for a new job, if you can.
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by rakabuba001(m): 2:12pm On Oct 27, 2021
Whatever you do don't resign before getting anything better or menial job wey go dey make you komot house for morning..when I got tired of my last job I leaped without looking omo I stay house for over a year all the people wey dey tell me to aspire to Maguire and quit for my mental health no give me sisi..sapa hold me for neck like Sabinus necktie, you go just dey depressed, even work without pay go come dey hungry you to do..let's not talk about your aproko neighbors with the constant asking of bros you no go work today?..... chikalas matter I no need tell you anything.
A word is enough for Nigerian.

4 Likes

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by NtiObaEneke(f): 2:15pm On Oct 27, 2021
mikmash:

Come with me,
This is slavery
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by na2016: 2:15pm On Oct 27, 2021
yomi007k:
Let me lay out certain facts or opinions;

1. Most people dont like their jobs-we just do it becos we have no choice.

2. Employers/ Co-workers will always talk. Even if you are doing better and get promoted, you still have a chance of getting bitter energy.

3. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. This is better than complaining or feeling bad. You have gained experience, apply for other jobs.

4. Plan your life and try to do what works for you. That means you need to please yourself and serve your organization as well.

5. Remember you are your number 1 cheer leader. Only you can choose to stay positive or negative even in a negative enviroment.

OP, there is sense here, read and digest what the guy said.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Twoclans(f): 2:15pm On Oct 27, 2021
yomi007k:
Let me lay out certain facts or opinions;

1. Most people dont like their jobs-we just do it becos we have no choice.

2. Employers/ Co-workers will always talk. Even if you are doing better and get promoted, you still have a chance of getting bitter energy.

3. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. This is better than complaining or feeling bad. You have gained experience, apply for other jobs.

4. Plan your life and try to do what works for you. That means you need to please yourself and serve your organization as well.

5. Remember you are your number 1 cheer leader. Only you can choose to stay positive or negative even in a negative enviroment.

@ OP in addition to this please ensure you do not mess up your blood pressure and you try as much as possible to stay positive.

If you mess up your blood pressure it will lead to other issues which might make it impossible for you to work in a better environment in the future .

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Solofresh2: 2:16pm On Oct 27, 2021
NovesaTillie:
Quit if you have to.
You only become a failure if you call yourself that.

You have to know that in life even the wealthiest and successful people have failed at some point and are still failing.

If you go crazxy people will talk
If you remain on the job people will talk
If you die people will still talk.
Good Advice
A lot of people see their job as a do or die affair.Its not really worth it
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by yorke1: 2:16pm On Oct 27, 2021
Lots of people are not happy in their current place of work due to the structure in place or the kind of work they do.
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Trustedpronet: 2:18pm On Oct 27, 2021
At time it is your mindset that is disturbing you not even the management. If you are possessed with insubordination or ego you might not be comfortable with most request or change of plan by the management. Try to enjoy and endure in what ever carrier you are engaged with right now.

No experience is a waste of time. There is gold at the end. But if I'm wrong , please quit the job and try get the one that will make you sleep while the money flow into your bank account.

Remember becoming your own boss can also make you go mad. Less I forget learn how to drink beer every evening...it can calm your mental troubles down.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by BorderlessTrade(m): 2:19pm On Oct 27, 2021
It could be that you are in the wrong trade. However, ...

Would you like to master online importation for cheap? Is the cost of online shipping ravaging your profits or preventing you from buying something? Would you like to raise a small capital without investing money? what about obtaining dollars in Nigeria at cheaper rates?
Then read this post. It's a long one, but totally worth it for those who need the knowledge.
https://www.nairaland.com/6823032/want-buy-ship-things-online
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Solofresh2: 2:19pm On Oct 27, 2021
Hopeba:
If you have save some money,, resign

Iam a producer I will teach you how to sing
. We will arrange a fucking scene with a nairalander and then leak it.. There you go.. A super star
No be juju be this
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by redcliff: 2:20pm On Oct 27, 2021
mikmash:

Come with me,

quit and develop yourself, your future self would thank you.
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by femi4: 2:20pm On Oct 27, 2021
mikmash:

Come with me,

Just quit....better offer will come
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by AkanjiNaira: 2:21pm On Oct 27, 2021
I was once in your shoes, though my salary was reasonable but the pressure was suffocating, i almost resigned before God brought an alternative.

What i can say is that you can resign as your mental health is vital, however you can't resign thoughtlessly i.e.. you must plan your resignation; know what you're doing next before resigning. You may try to save a little that will keep you above the waters after resignation for a while before you get something else or you can even decide on using the little saving for an investment that will sustain you for a while.

Make sure to pray also, take everything to God in prayers, he listens and can make a way where there seems to be no way. He's your father.
mikmash:

Come with me,

1 Like

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Kinkinatus(m): 2:23pm On Oct 27, 2021
Inform your manager and get them to listen to you and understand the impact on your health and your work, get support from family or friends, review your concerns, look for self help solutions and create an action plan for yourself and follow through.
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by mikmash(m): 2:26pm On Oct 27, 2021
martyns303:

Are u a marketer with UBA?

No sir
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by WHITELIGHTER: 2:28pm On Oct 27, 2021
DSA comes to mind.... Naija banks will frustrate you... Thank God I left them in 2012
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by mikmash(m): 2:28pm On Oct 27, 2021
AkanjiNaira:
I was once in your shoes, though my salary was reasonable but the pressure was suffocating, i almost resigned before God brought an alternative.

What i can say is that you can resign as your mental health is vital, however you can't resign thoughtlessly i.e.. you must plan your resignation; know what you're doing next before resigning. You may try to save a little that will keep you above the waters after resignation for a while before you get something else or you can even decide on using the little saving for an investment that will sustain you for a while.

Make sure to pray also, take everything to God in prayers, he listens and can make a way where there seems to be no way. He's your father.

Thanks for this
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Microwhy: 2:28pm On Oct 27, 2021
mikmash:

Come with me,

Work psychology is missing here..
Stop giving your every to work..
If you don close for work, close everything about work for your mind.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by belshazzar(m): 2:31pm On Oct 27, 2021
mikmash:

Come with me,

Alaye quit asap before things get out of hand. Your health first
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by mikmash(m): 2:31pm On Oct 27, 2021
Trustedpronet:
At time it is your mindset that is disturbing you not even the management. If you are possessed with insubordination or ego you might not be comfortable with most request or change of plan by the management. Try to enjoy and endure in what ever carrier you are engaged with right now.

No experience is a waste of time. There is gold at the end. But if I'm wrong , please quit the job and try get the one that will make you sleep while the money flow into your bank account.

Remember becoming your own boss can also make you go mad. Less I forget learn how to drink beer every evening...it can calm your mental troubles down.

The first and last paragraph were funny though.it's not a matter of ego or drinking beer. I'm thankful though.
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by belshazzar(m): 2:35pm On Oct 27, 2021
Microwhy:

Work psychology is missing here..
Stop giving your every to work..
If you don close for work, close everything about work for your mind.
This is right too, work smart not hard.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by petitejolie(f): 2:35pm On Oct 27, 2021
Are you searching for other jobs? Start getting ready to quit
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Henryfour(m): 2:38pm On Oct 27, 2021
Dis just like omnibiz job am doing,so hard and pressure,40k ,u get 35k after pension which is not remitd .now i v another job paying 100k buh i cant resign, i wil wait till dey remove me
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Vanmatrix(m): 2:38pm On Oct 27, 2021
This post is really for me!!!
I don’t even think I got mental health anymore, am running mad!!!!

Life ain’t easy we need to keep mouving!!!!

I travel nd chill with friends just to keep my sanity, God help us all
Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by Raph82(m): 2:41pm On Oct 27, 2021
My brother, forget about anybody tagging u a failure, the moment u're no longer happy in a job environment or u wake up in the morning and u're anxious of what the day has for u at ur place of work, please think twice and take the right decision to save ur mental health. Nothing brings a man down so fast like being pressurised for result delivery in his place of work. U can never be urself under such pressure and can't think straight in such circumstance, for they've already made u to see ur efforts in their establishment as inconsequential. Except if u happen to have good boss who can walk u through by giving u a good sense of belonging and responsibility to boost ur morale and psychology, it may be difficult for u to know how to get out of that circle of frustration and depression. Even when u are doing the right thing, u'll still be doubtful and confused if u're on the right track.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Work Is Messing With My Mental Health. by mikmash(m): 2:44pm On Oct 27, 2021
NtiObaEneke:

This is slavery

How man go do.. The patience is that of long suffering

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top 10 Signs That You're Unhappy At Work / Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? / Customs Faults Officer Demanding N5,000 Bribe From Passenger, Begins Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.