Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,877 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated (31020 Views)

An Incident That Made Me Cry / Public Apology To Zidora Travel And Tours And The Whole Company / Zidora Travels Job Interview Tomorrow At Ajah Is Suspicious. Please Don't Attend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by ZidoraGroup: 2:15pm On Oct 26, 2021
I also wonder what category we can place threat of life under, we have all these recorded too ,all evidence intact .
einsteine:

Oga, defamation is a criminal offence in Nigeria.
Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by pappilo(m): 2:25pm On Oct 26, 2021
Pharaohny:

And get me arrested also one million kee you there

Drop ya address na.... Person go sweat build something over many years.. Una go come online take bad mouth spoil am in 24 hours.

If I am going to be honest, the OP's original post was not defamatory or libellous but he was deliberately economical with the truth and left out a lot of pertinent information so as to influence the reader. The OP also supplied a phone number which was used to harass and make death threats to a member of staff.

The issue is more with Nairaland that lets people who under the cloak of anonymity post all kinds of defamatory and libellous messages without any moderation.
Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by SoccerPredictor(m): 2:32pm On Oct 26, 2021
feldido:

What's her name and where is she being detained?
I've contacted Harrison and he needs these information.

Let me confirm where she's been detained.
Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by Fraust40(m): 2:34pm On Oct 26, 2021
Viking07:

Should I DM my account number?

This doesn't actually sound like a scam. Unless he has a written agreement (or evidence of an oral agreement) stating that they guarantee him a Visa for sums paid, especially if he didn't finish paying the sum. It seems like he paid for a service and got it, unless he has further info on that incident to share.
Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by SolomonGrandi: 2:37pm On Oct 26, 2021
SoccerPredictor:
See thread here -- https://www.nairaland.com/6818664/zidora-travels-job-interview-tomorrow

This morning, the young girl who was to attend the job training in Lagos just called me that her younger sister has been picked up by the Police.

This story is about to escalate. Calling on Twitter influencers on Nairaland to hop on this to get fair Justice for her.
If they want to use Police to intimidate the young girl, then all we have is social media.

You can see the previous thread and see that the said company was never put in a bad light. The thread was created because of the level of suspicion raised by their invitation and it was only natural for me to warn people before we have another story that touches case.

I will keep updating here.

If you had nothing to hide you wouldn’t have edited what you posted in the initial thread.

Anyway I see no reason why the girl should be arrested. It’s you who should be answering questions at the police station.

Read your post yesterday and was alarmed . You could have made a simple post asking questions about the legitimacy of the company like several others regularly do here.

Disappointing really
Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by Moyinoluwa35(f): 2:46pm On Oct 26, 2021
Yes
Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by SoccerPredictor(m): 2:52pm On Oct 26, 2021
SolomonGrandi:

If you had nothing to hide you wouldn’t have edited what you posted in the initial thread.

Anyway I see no reason why the girl should be arrested. It’s you who should be answering questions at the police station.

Read your post yesterday and was alarmed . You could have made a simple post asking questions about the legitimacy of the company like several others regularly do here.

Disappointing really

Nothing was edited.
The edit was added under the original post.
People who took screenshots can collaborate.
Dont get it wrong.
There's absolutely nothing to hide.
You guys the way you conclude next time when people have a legitimate reason to raise an alarm, they wont for fear of being victimized.

Look again at the initial thread. There's absolutely nothing scandalous about the Original post and the second post. The term used was suspicious and trust me if you had been in my shoes you would truly be suspicious.

Maybe my crime now is trying to warn people

1 Like

Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by SoccerPredictor(m): 2:58pm On Oct 26, 2021
It's sad that in matters like this people with the right intentions become victims.
Can you all see how clear the grammar of the zidoragroup moniker is since he started responding? And how poor that email sent was?

That's because that email was written hurriedly.
Like I said, that mail was hurriedly sent to her by past 8pm when she called them and raised concerns that she hadn't gotten an official letter.

The level of unprofessionalism and secrecy about the whole invitation made me raise concerns. If you want to victimize me or the girl about it, then go ahead.

Surely next time, we would all watch as another stories that touch happen because people who would have warned are too scared to do that

4 Likes

Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by Youhesh(m): 3:06pm On Oct 26, 2021
Viking07:
Jeez! Where did this happen? @zidoragroup posts on Nairaland are just useless rants, I’m yet to see such posts. I noticed most of his(zidoragroup) comments have been hidden/banned.

It happened in the earlier thread
https://www.nairaland.com/6818664/zidora-travels-job-interview-tomorrow/4

The mods had to take the post down. Don't know if some fragments are still there
Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by SolomonGrandi: 3:07pm On Oct 26, 2021
SoccerPredictor:

Nothing was edited.
The edit was added under the original post.
People who took screenshots can collaborate.
Dont get it wrong.
There's absolutely nothing to hide.
You guys the way you conclude next time when people have a legitimate reason to raise an alarm, they wont for fear of being victimized.

Look again at the initial thread. There's absolutely nothing scandalous about the Original post and the second post. The term used was suspicious and trust me if you had been in my shoes you would truly be suspicious.

Maybe my crime now is trying to warn people

I don’t need to look at it again bro

I fully recall you dropping their contacts but alas your post no dey again but someone who quoted you shows you indeed dropped their contact.

Now that means you “edited” your posts to remove certain things which ultimately means you also recognized that there are certain things you could have done better.

Anyway I believe experiences make us better human beings so hopefully at the end of this whole episode you’d have learnt one or two things.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by SoccerPredictor(m): 3:08pm On Oct 26, 2021
pappilo:

Drop ya address na.... Person go sweat build something over many years.. Una go come online take bad mouth spoil am in 24 hours.

If I am going to be honest, the OP's original post was not defamatory or libellous but he was deliberately economical with the truth and left out a lot of pertinent information so as to influence the reader. The OP also supplied a phone number which was used to harass and make death threats to a member of staff.

The issue is more with Nairaland that lets people who under the cloak of anonymity post all kinds of defamatory and libellous messages without any moderation.

Half truth in your post except that I did not deliberately withhold anything.
Like you got right, the intention is not about defamation. Anyone who re reads that post would honest know the intention wasn't to defame.

Applicant got call in the afternoon to get ready for training by morning. By 7pm she has packed bags and yet no address just drop by Ajah. By 8pm, I told applicant to call them for letter. Letter came in poorly written. I called the said pickup contact she said no need me to come with applicant

Bros be honest, if na you wont you alert others? Wont you be suspicious

Let the company come and debunk the fact that the letter was emailed at night after they were called. Is that even normal?

I am disappointed with the way the company has handled this. The whole negative publicity they are the one fuelling it now themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by SoccerPredictor(m): 3:09pm On Oct 26, 2021
SolomonGrandi:

I don’t need to look at it again bro

I fully recall you dropping their contacts but alas your post no dey again but someone who quoted you shows you indeed dropped their contact.

Now that means you “edited” your posts to remove certain things which ultimately means you also recognized that there are certain things you could have done better.

Anyway I believe experiences make us better human beings so hopefully at the end of this whole episode you’d have learnt one or two things.

Is that not simple to know that Nairaland has removed it? Check there are hidden posts.
If I believe at a time that something is suspicious I have to do all in my power to warn people. Judge me all you want. May you or anyone you know never be a victim
Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by Angelacruz: 3:29pm On Oct 26, 2021
Negative experiences from people on this forum about d company.The company is truly a scam
greenzap:

Zidora can never and will never be called a scam, Zidora is a premium brand that has served hundreds of people and the only travel company that boldly states online and at our 8 offices, that we do not issue visas and visa issuance is at the discretion of the consular.

We have also helped countless Nigerians travel successfully and we have 8 offices in Nigeria open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.

Bring just 1 person with evidence that Zidora scammed and get a million naira reward immediately.

4 Likes

Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by gidestar01(m): 4:17pm On Oct 26, 2021
SoccerPredictor:

Like you got right, the intention is not about defamation. Anyone who re reads that post would honest know the intention wasn't to defame.

Applicant got call in the afternoon to get ready for training by morning. By 7pm she has packed bags and yet no address just drop by Ajah. By 8pm, I told applicant to call them for letter. Letter came in poorly written. I called the said pickup contact she said no need me to come with applicant

Let the company come and debunk the fact that the letter was emailed at night after they were called. Is that even normal?

I am disappointed with the way the company has handled this. The whole negative publicity they are the one fuelling it now themselves.

How can you say the post is not defamatory? Do you understand the extent of damage you may have caused the company for not doing due diligence? We have to be careful about taking such stands because ultimately, apologising cannot build back an image you have carelessly tried to destroy. You should learn from this.
Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by pappilo(m): 4:24pm On Oct 26, 2021
SoccerPredictor:
It's sad that in matters like this people with the right intentions become victims.
Can you all see how clear the grammar of the zidoragroup moniker is since he started responding? And how poor that email sent was?

That's because that email was written hurriedly.
Like I said, that mail was hurriedly sent to her by past 8pm when she called them and raised concerns that she hadn't gotten an official letter.

The level of unprofessionalism and secrecy about the whole invitation made me raise concerns. If you want to victimize me or the girl about it, then go ahead.

Surely next time, we would all watch as another stories that touch happen because people who would have warned are too scared to do that

You should have shared the full story i.e. she went to their office in Asaba, met people, filled forms and was asked to come for training in Lagos.

Did you do any online research about the company? I am sure you did and you must have seen that they have a reasonable online presence. I am sure there were a few other numbers on the website you could have called to allay your fears.

The way you wrote your story, a reasonable person would have concluded that a number called your 'sister' out of nowhere and asked her to come for an interview in Ajah without giving her any useful information just like it sadly happened with Umoren.

You were justified in your worry but like I said earlier your post was made either deliberately or subconsciously to paint a picture of wrongdoing by the company without providing the reader with all the facts.

3 Likes

Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by oluwatobi0519(m): 4:57pm On Oct 26, 2021
Keep this thread updated as at when due
The reason for the arrest must be known
And justice must prevail on this
Security of the country is not good this time for such questions not to be answered from a company that claimed to be real.
Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by zigzig: 5:19pm On Oct 26, 2021
SoccerPredictor:

Not normal, Big red flag.
Even the letter is poorly written showing they did it hurriedly .

2 Likes

Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by texazzpete(m): 5:33pm On Oct 26, 2021
ZidoraGroup:
God will bless you Abadiru and may the all sufficient God meet you at every point of your need.Its obvious we still have have reasonable and sensible people who will take time to investigate and ruminate on social media posts before commenting.

Sadly they don't love commenting or talking publicly,it's the blackmailers and wannabes that talk so much online and that is why the public space is so polluted, because we leave them to make all the noise online.

This girl got a job and was asked to go for training at the Lagos office and became annoyed at this ,probably its not convenient for her ,she thought to herself, " I can't beat them for asking me to go to Lagos for training, what can I do ? I can tarnish their image online "
This is 1 of the reasons the law enforcement is taking up the matter legally to serve justice to the guilty.

Save your twitter energy , that public bullying only works for people who have skeletons in their cupboard , immediately we present all verifiable evidence ,even the loudest moisemaker becomes befuddled.

We are already seeking legal redress and we believe justice will prevail.

You said she got the job.
Why then does your email to her say her trip to lagos was for an interview?

If she got the job already, where is her offer/employment letter?

Why would Zidora group scout Jiji for CVs instead of following usual standard recruitment procedures of advertising the job? Why would a recruiter pick someone who clearly is based in Delta State if the job is in Lagos?

If you truly have an office in Rivers State like you claim, shouldn’t that have been the most logical place to send the applicant to for the interview?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by Vickieolsen(f): 5:49pm On Oct 26, 2021
[quote author=ZidoraGroup post=107074206]God will bless you Abadiru and may the all sufficient God meet you at every point of your need.Its obvious we still have have reasonable and sensible people who will take time to investigate and ruminate on social media posts before commenting.

Sadly they don't love commenting or talking publicly,it's the blackmailers and wannabes that talk so much online and that is why the public space is so polluted, because we leave them to make all the noise online.

This girl got a job and was asked to go for training at the Lagos office and became annoyed at this ,probably its not convenient for her ,she thought to herself, " I can't beat them for asking me to go to Lagos for training, what can I do ? I can tarnish their image online "
This is 1 of the reasons the law enforcement is taking up the matter legally to serve justice to the guilty.

Save your twitter energy , that public bullying only works for people who have skeletons in their cupboard , immediately we present all verifiable evidence ,even the loudest moisemaker becomes befuddled.

What an unprofessional, arrogant and immature response from a supposed company. How do you address a prospective staff as "This girl"?!

4 Likes

Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by SoccerPredictor(m): 7:03pm On Oct 26, 2021
SoccerPredictor:
See thread here -- https://www.nairaland.com/6818664/zidora-travels-job-interview-tomorrow

This morning, the young girl who was to attend the job training in Lagos just called me that her younger sister has been picked up by the Police.

This story is about to escalate. Calling on Twitter influencers on Nairaland to hop on this to get fair Justice for her.
If they want to use Police to intimidate the young girl, then all we have is social media.

You can see the previous thread and see that the said company was never put in a bad light. The thread was created because of the level of suspicion raised by their invitation and it was only natural for me to warn people before we have another story that touches case.

I will keep updating here.

I have tendered my apology here. I misread the whole situation. It's unfortunate, but lessons learnt. Next time to do research properly
See my apology thread
https://www.nairaland.com/6821867/public-apology-zidora-travel-tours
Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by BRATISLAVA: 7:45pm On Oct 26, 2021
Viking07:
For a company that spelt BUS as BOSS, I doubt they know what PR means. cheesy

Whoever sent the mail is the same person responding here. Sounds like a private business. With one god

1 Like

Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by BRATISLAVA: 8:00pm On Oct 26, 2021
SoccerPredictor:

I have tendered my apology here. I misread the whole situation. It's unfortunate, but lessons learnt. Next time to do research properly
See my apology thread
https://www.nairaland.com/6821867/public-apology-zidora-travel-tours
Unprofessional.

Have they apologized for posting all her private details online, exposing her to harm and breaking the confidentially of her submission? She doesn't want to counter sue?

According to a poster, they did that to her.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 26, 2021
texazzpete:

You said she got the job.
Why then does your email to her say her trip to lagos was for an interview?

If she got the job already, where is her offer/employment letter?

Why would Zidora group scout Jiji for CVs instead of following usual standard recruitment procedures of advertising the job? Why would a recruiter pick someone who clearly is based in Delta State if the job is in Lagos?

If you truly have an office in Rivers State like you claim, shouldn’t that have been the most logical place to send the applicant to for the interview?
You are just wasting your time. You can’t be logical with someone like Zidoragroup. You no see how he keeps ignoring important questions about their fraudulent activities. If not for the useless country with no laws the person behind that zidoragroup moniker would have been picked up.

It’s funny how barely 3yrs back he was also an applicant.

ZidoraGroup:
Please if there is anyone that has gone for interview at Dew Platform Plus Resources before should share as mine is tomorrow so as for me not to waste tfare

I wonder why such people no dey meet their match. Make person deal with them small. I just pity the innocent girl involved in this mess.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by yusfatedeeprof(m): 8:57pm On Oct 26, 2021
ZidoraGroup:
God will bless you Abadiru and may the all sufficient God meet you at every point of your need.Its obvious we still have have reasonable and sensible people who will take time to investigate and ruminate on social media posts before commenting.

You guys are definitely a fraudulent company. Probably even a ritualist. We are all in trouble in this country, that a criminal company can be using our police force to arrest and intimidate the citizens. Do you know by restraining her sister and putting her in police confinement you've committed an act of false imprisonment? If anyone feels they have been defamed, you go to court to seek redress.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by Pharaohny: 10:17pm On Oct 26, 2021
yusfatedeeprof:

You guys are definitely a fraudulent company. Probably even a ritualist. We are all in trouble in this country, that a criminal company can be using our police force to arrest and intimidate the citizens. Do you know by restraining her sister and putting her in police confinement you've committed an act of false imprisonment? If anyone feels they have been defamed, you go to court to seek redress.

Really an act of false imprisonment and the company have started displaying the trait once Labelled against them

2 Likes

Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by Jamesfantasy(m): 10:52pm On Oct 26, 2021
Inasmuch as the OP maybe wrong, but i expect better from the company, in saner climes, companies as such would never be in existence... Is this how You engage the consular on behalf of your clients?

1 Like

Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by brandmix: 11:20pm On Oct 26, 2021
Fraust40:
Well done online SAN!! Defamation is also a Crime!! Section 373 and 375 of the Criminal Code Act, punishable by a year in prison if you didn't know it was false and 2 years if you knew it was false.

Dude, he never argued it wasn’t. Ok so where in these section you just quoted gives the police permission to arrest a family member?

2 Likes

Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by brandmix: 11:30pm On Oct 26, 2021
salvation77177:
I have been a victim of Zidora's Canada work permit scam. I lost about N295,000 to their scam.
I lost over 600k to them,

Close to zero communication in Over 8 months

3 Likes

Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by brandmix: 11:33pm On Oct 26, 2021
greenzap:

Zidora can never and will never be called a scam, Zidora is a premium brand that has served hundreds of people and the only travel company that boldly states online and at our 8 offices, that we do not issue visas and visa issuance is at the discretion of the consular.

We have also helped countless Nigerians travel successfully and we have 8 offices in Nigeria open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.

Bring just 1 person with evidence that Zidora scammed and get a million naira reward immediately.

This green zap is a zidora paid employee ooo grin

2 Likes

Re: Live Updates About The Zidora Incident That Has Now Escalated by Shokoloko(f): 1:13am On Oct 27, 2021
salvation77177:
I have been a victim of Zidora's Canada work permit scam. I lost about N295,000 to their scam.
I knew they were scammers.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Agony Of Unemployed Medical Graduates In Nigeria / Ways To Apply For A Job Even When You Don't Meet The Requirements / This Will Make You Shake Your Head In Dismay With Recruitment In Nigeria, Haba!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.