Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,246 members, 7,825,942 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner (2017 Views)

Man Beats Up His Fiancee As She Turns Down His Marriage Proposal In Public / Wow!! Japanese Princess Gives Up Royal Status To Marry Commoner / Japan's Princess Ayako Gives Up Royal Status To Marry Commoner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner by ednawande2580: 10:16am On Oct 26, 2021
Japan’s Princess Mako of Akishino, the emperor’s niece, has on Tuesday, October 26 proven that she’s more than willing to give everything up in the name of love, including a renouncing royal status and rejecting about $1.3 million payout check from the government.

Princess Mako married her commoner college sweetheart, Kei Komuro today and left the royal family after years of scandal.

Mako and Kei Komuro, both 30, first met when they were students at International Christian University at a study-abroad event held at a restaurant in Tokyo.

According to Mako, “First, I was attracted by his bright smile.”

Then, Komuro proposed in December 2013 and were to marry in November 2018, a move cheered by the country.

However, things soon turned sour over money scandal involving Komuro’s mother, prompting the press to turn on him.

The couple have now gotten married today, submitting paperwork to a local office in the morning, foregoing the numerous rituals and ceremonies usual to royal weddings, including a reception.

Mako also refused to receive a one-off payment of about $1.3 million typically made to royal women who marry commoners and become ordinary citizens, in line with Japanese law.

https://www.mojidelano.com/2021/10/japans-princess-mako-renounces-royal-status-turns-down-1-3m-govt-payout-as-she-finally-marries-commoner-college-sweetheart-photos/

Cc Seun Lalasticlala MissyB3 Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 26, 2021
True love...know some persons will start making reference to Naiija girls now, lol

3 Likes

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner by meobizy(f): 10:18am On Oct 26, 2021
Since 2013 this story has taken place every half year.
Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner by Fahdiga(m): 10:19am On Oct 26, 2021
My crush
Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner by Vyzz: 10:20am On Oct 26, 2021
Let it not end in divorce Amen...

Because if it those she has the right to say, "I sacrificed everything for you"

1 Like

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 26, 2021
Truth is,there is money available

1 Like

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner by Sonnobax15(m): 10:28am On Oct 26, 2021
lipsrsealed
This one coming to Asia,the female version of am lipsrsealed

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner by doggedfighter(f): 10:28am On Oct 26, 2021
The system is working so she will miss nothing.

1 Like

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner by Sonnobax15(m): 10:30am On Oct 26, 2021
Macsjebs:
True love...know some persons will start making reference to Naiija girls now, lol
No be true Before? Abi if something bad,make we no talk again?

3 Likes

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner by Naijasumii: 10:34am On Oct 26, 2021
Tell me what LOVE can not do...
Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner by G0LANHEIGHTS(m): 10:42am On Oct 26, 2021
I weep for our Nigerian women. Classless, silly, masculine, bald headed, useless and hot headed gold diggers.
Mosdii over to you sir.

4 Likes

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner by Starzo: 10:51am On Oct 26, 2021
it can never be a Nigerian girl/woman.
Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner by Blackfire(m): 11:19am On Oct 26, 2021
Click like if you know she is stuuupiddd and will regret for taking that decision

Click share if you know she did the right thing ...as love is all you need.

The people have spoken.
Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner by Itohanmiwa: 12:06pm On Oct 26, 2021
I laugh when some people think that life is all about money, maybe its the perceived hardship in the country that has gotten to them. See as long as you can afford the basic things of life without anybody's assistance then you should count yourself successful. All you need do is just be focused and develop every aspect of your life. Ideas to generate wealth will keep coming naturally as you develop yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner by Vulcanheph(m): 12:49pm On Oct 26, 2021
Love conquers all

1 Like

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner by kennykruzmason: 12:50pm On Oct 26, 2021
Wow
This is lovely

1 Like

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner by Magnoliaa(f): 12:53pm On Oct 26, 2021
Itohanmiwa:
I laugh when some people think that life is all about money, maybe its the perceived hardship in the country that has gotten to them. See as long as you can afford the basic things of life without anybody's assistance then you should count yourself successful. All you need do is just be focused and develop every aspect of your life. Ideas to generate wealth will keep coming naturally as you develop yourself.
Redpillars will disagree with you lol.
Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner by traihit: 1:27pm On Oct 26, 2021
meobizy:
Since 2013 this story has taken place every half year.

This can't be true. I saw it for the first time on Reuter's feeds yesterday.
Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner by Vanilla4(f): 1:28pm On Oct 26, 2021
This is beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner by SavageResponse(m): 2:09pm On Oct 26, 2021
The reason she rejected the $1.3 million payout is cause she knows she will not go hungry cos Japan has a solid economy grin
Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner by FahBuLous: 2:19pm On Oct 26, 2021
Make this guy no use this girl play o...
If I see girl were go love me like this, even if u dint Sacrifice this much, I go love you alone, as in if I look outside mk I know why...
Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner by Prayfortheworld: 3:14pm On Oct 26, 2021
I reject anything be it Human being, love or whatever that will make me reject a huge sum of money in this life
Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:44pm On Oct 26, 2021
with their lonely lives and protocol everywhere, no wonder many of these royals give up their titles and want to lead a NORMAL life.
Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner by lkillbrokehoes: 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2021
G0LANHEIGHTS:
I weep for our Nigerian women. Classless, silly, masculine, bald headed, useless and hot headed gold diggers.
Mosdii over to you sir.
Nigerian girls done suffer for una hand cheesy
Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner by Truvelisback(m): 6:02pm On Oct 26, 2021
No Nigerian Lady can do this. The only love Nigerian ladies understand is money.
Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner by rex444(m): 6:16pm On Oct 26, 2021
Make I hear say I marry DJ Cuppy
Re: Japan’s Princess Mako Renounces Royal Title, Turns Down $1.3m To Marry Commoner by MufasaLion: 6:50pm On Oct 26, 2021
I could never have done that.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Stop Cheating? / Is It Possible For Only One Man To Rape A Woman? / Four girls at a time what should i do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.