Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,101 members, 7,953,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:55 PM

Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe (48402 Views)

PDP Leaders Visit Senator Orji Uzor Kalu  (Pictures) / Government College Umuahia Old Boys Visit Senator Kalu In Abuja (photos) / Rivers Guber: Gov. Wike, Senator Abe React To Appeal Court Ruling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 26, 2021
sarrki:
Bola Tinubu is a done deal 2023

He paid the price

He’s the most qualified for the job 2023

Before you start insulting or casting aspersions on my person

Ask what your father is as doing why he’s not even contributing to your immediate community

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is not the cause of your generational problem
Failures
Re: Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe by tunderay(m): 3:29pm On Oct 26, 2021
bigpicture001:
Why did tinubu rescind on his affirmative stands of creating more local government in Lagos just four months to exit office..

He was there after paid more than 160billion naira meant for local government and he concerned it all...

He also still sued the FG to force FG to release the may allocation of his last month in office to him instead of fashola...

See, it's not about politics, it's about the man himself.. he is too corrupt and dubious
You can lie sha... Fashola received the allocation when Yaradua govt took over from Obasanjo.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 26, 2021
sarrki:

He paid the price

Ask what your father is as doing why he’s not even contributing to your immediate community

Election story nko
Obasanjo plan am very well
Election story nko
Obasanjo plan am very well
Him take old politicians
Wey rule Nigeria before
The same old politicians
Wey spoil Nigeria before
Obasanjo carry all of them
All of them dey there now

Including jagaban....God bless Fela anikula kuti
Re: Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 26, 2021
BJanta:

Stand away and do not vote for him , that will not stop him from contesting and winning. All political shakers and movers are falling over one another to gift their support and loyalty to him , you, unknown inconsequential lowlie who can't even influence election this way or that way in your ward is talking rubbish.

Gbam. I don like your post already. cool

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe by oyatz(m): 3:39pm On Oct 26, 2021
obynzo:

What defines a progressive? You guys don't know what progressive means in the true sense of the word. Lagos should have been competing with the likes of Johannesburg, Casablanca and Caira but alas and sadly it cannot even compete with Monrovia that just came out from War or even Accra or Lome in terms of Infrastructure and liveable city indices. All because of one man's stranglehold on the state's treasury. And here you are echoing progressive............... SMH that is why we will forever remain under the bondage of these leaders, see how you are openly marketing a thief.

You may not like Tinubu but the assumption that he is the reason why Lagos is not able to compete with all the cities you mentioned are nothing but a fallacy.

Anyone who understands the structural and economic architecture of Lagos in particular and Nigeria in general will know that Lagos can't develop more than certain levels if the rest of Nigeria aren't also developing.

If 50% of the people in Lagos leave to other States, Lagos will amazingly look far better than what it is.

Most of the greatest opponents of Tinubu are only active online and they like to approach political matters from emotional points of views.

To defeat Tinubu and other people like him, more educated and enlightened youths need to join political parties (I am not talking of forming a youth party that is only active on social media).

Recently I tried to join politics but I was surprised by my findings...over 80% of the members of the APC, PDP and other parties are made up of employed and barely educated youths, market women, artisans, thugs, Okada riders and people who don't buy or read newspapers or listen to News on Channels, AIT, Arise or TVCs.

5 Likes

Re: Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe by bigpicture001: 3:42pm On Oct 26, 2021
tunderay:
You can lie sha... Fashola received the allocation when Yaradua govt took over from Obasanjo.

Bro search well.. I was over politically aware when the goings were on
Re: Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe by OderaOdesigo: 3:47pm On Oct 26, 2021
bigpicture001:
Why did tinubu rescind on his affirmative stands of creating more local government in Lagos just four months to exit office..

He was there after paid more than 160billion naira meant for local government and he concerned it all...

He also still sued the FG to force FG to release the may allocation of his last month in office to him instead of fashola...

See, it's not about politics, it's about the man himself.. he is too corrupt and dubious

It is idiots and ipobians like you that have made them create the New Media & Cybercrime Bill. Some of you sit down in your houses and the devil your father plants so much lies in your head and then you go online to spew forth the lies. If they sue you for defamation now, fellow criminals like you will be calling the person or government oppressors/tyrants.

You should really be ashamed of yourself. You have every right to have counter views to what is being discussed - nobody can deny you that right - but outright falsehood shows an evil mind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe by BeeNG3: 3:47pm On Oct 26, 2021
"That someone financed NADECO is no reason to hand over the Nigerian presidency to such a fellow
While Tinubu was on a self imposed exile there were group 34 eminent politicians who did not brun away but stoood their ground to request Abacha to hand over to a democratic government. Non of them got rewarded with even a governorship position."

That someone financed NADECO is no reason to hand over the Nigerian presidency to such a fellow

Tinubu has already been rewarded with Lagos state governorship post for 8 years and Lagos state treasury for his life time, is this not enough reward already[/quote]"

YOU CANT STOP HIM my brother

1 Like

Re: Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe by PentiumPro(f): 3:49pm On Oct 26, 2021
oyatz:

What is the name of that other candidate sir?

Pete lynus Obi perhaps grin
Re: Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe by OderaOdesigo: 3:50pm On Oct 26, 2021
oyatz:

You may not like Tinubu but the assumption that he is the reason why Lagos is not able to compete with all the cities you mentioned are nothing but a fallacy.

Anyone who understands the structural and economic architecture of Lagos in particular and Nigeria in general will know that Lagos can't develop more than certain levels if the rest of Nigeria aren't also developing.

If 50% of the people in Lagos leave to other States, Lagos will amazingly look far better than what it is.

Most of the greatest opponents of Tinubu are only active online and they like to approach political matters from emotional points of views.

To defeat Tinubu and other people like him, more educated and enlightened youths need to join political parties (I am not talking of forming a youth party that is only active on social media).

Recently I tried to join politics but I was surprised by my findings...over 80% of the members of the APC, PDP and other parties are made up of employed and barely educated youths, market women, artisans, thugs, Okada riders and people who don't buy or read newspapers or listen to News on Channels, AIT, Arise or TVCs.

Honestly, when people post these sorts of comments (very rarely now on Nairaland), it makes me realise this forum has not been totally taken over by touts, substance addicts, anarchists and devil-inspired fantasists who form 98% of contributors on this formerly cerebral forum.

I like the balance you introduced to your analysis - for and against.

God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe by bigpicture001: 3:53pm On Oct 26, 2021
hopexter:

In 2005, Obasanjo had seized Lagos State statutory allocation over Tinubu’s decision to create additional 37 Local Council Development Areas, LCDAs.

You should read more and upgrade yourself from hate. Honestly, it’s you and your colleagues that need that brain surgery and put an end to your daftness. I come in peace undecided

Bro...plz I beg u in the name of God for once just try and check out these facts and not argue..ok..I am a fool.i didn't go to skl.i carry only beer parlour news. But plz check ur fact again..

In checking it..lookout for the work LOcal government allocation and differentiate if from State govt allocation..

Again check what tinubu created..whether its 37 local government area or local council
development area ..

Just take note of the differences...u don't need to insult..I lived through dox period politically aware if things just like u now..but u know these things through here say..just verify
Re: Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 3:56pm On Oct 26, 2021
sarrki:

He paid the price

Political illusion.... Just watch how he will be disgraced before 2023.
Re: Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe by olatuns2017: 3:57pm On Oct 26, 2021
sarrki:
Rivers State Commissioner of Justice showed hid support for Tinubu by wearing his Tinubu T-shirt to show Senator Magnus Abe's office in abuja yesterday

Engr Lanre Shittu writes:

*ANALYSIS OF THOSE IN THE RACE FOR THE 2023 NIGERIAN PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION, THEIR STRENGTH /SUPPORT BASE.*

*No 1. Alh. Bola Ahmed Tinubu*
(I) Presidency Support = *50 %*
(ii) President of Senate Support = *70%*
(iii). Speaker House Of Reps Support = *100%*
(iv). South West Votes = *100%*
(v). South East Votes = *30%*
(vi). South-South Votes = *25%*
(vii).North Central Votes =*85%*
(viii).North West Votes = *75%*
(xi). Noth East Votes = *25 %*

(viii) *100%* Support of 17 Governors. Namely:

*South West Zone*
(I). Babajide Sanwo -Olu --Lagos State
(ii). Bamidele Abiodun --Ogun State
(iii). Gboyega Oyetola--Osun State
(iv). Oluwarotimi Akeredolu Ondo State

*South East Zone*
(I). Hope Uzodinma. --Imo State
(ii). David Umahi. -Ebonyi State
(iii). Willie Obiano - Anambra State.

*South South Zone*
(I). Benedict Ayade -Cross River State

*North Central Zone*
(I). Simon Lalong --Plateau State
(ii). Abdulahi Sule -Nasarawa State
(iii). Abubakar Sani Bello -- Niger State
(iv). AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq-- kwara State

*North West Zone*
(I). Abdullahi Umar Ganduje -Kano State
(ii). Aminu Bello Masari -Kastina State
(iii). Bello Matawalle- Zamfara State
(IV) Bagudu Kebbi State

*North East Zone*
(I). Babagana Umara Zulum-Borno State

*No 2. Alh.Atiku Abubakar *
(I) Presidency Support = *0 %*
(ii) President of the Senate Support = *0%*
(iii). Speaker House of Reps Support = *0%*
(iv). South West Votes = *10%*
(v). South East Votes = *70%*
(vi). South-South Votes = *90%*
(vii).North Central Votes =*10%*
(viii).North West Votes = *10%*
(xi). Noth East Votes = *75%*

(viii) *100%* Support of 13
Governors. Namely:

*North East Zone *
(I). Umaru Fintiri --Adamawa State
(ii). Bala Mohammed - Bauchi State
(iii). Dickson Ishaku ---Taraba State

*North West Zone*
(I). Aminu Tambuwal -Sokoto State

*North Central Zone*
(I). Samuel Ortom --- Benue State

*South South Zone*
(I). Nyesom Wike ---River State
(ii). Godwin Obaseki --Edo State
(iii). Ifeanyi Okowa -- Delta State
(iv). Douye Diri-- Bayelsa State
(v). Udom Emmanuel- Akwa-Ibom State

*South East Zone*
(I). Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi -Enugu State
(ii). Okezie Ikpeazu ---Abia State

*South West Zone*
(I). Oluseyi Makinde ---Oyo State

*No 3. Vice President Yemi Osinbajo*
(I). Intention unknown.

*No 4.Governor Kayode Fayemi*
STAND ALONE CANDIDATE AND ZERO SUPPORT BASE.

*No 4.Rotimi Amechi*
STAND-ALONE CANDIDATE AND ZERO SUPPORT BASE.

*No 5. Rochas Okorocha*

*No 6. Peter Obi *

*No 7. David Umahi*

*No 8. Chukwuemeka Nwajuba*

*No 9. Gov Yahaya Bello*

* N:B* From the above analysis you are now in a better position to know who will emerge as President of Nigeria �� in the general election come 2023.

*Engr Lanre Shittu
Political Analysis

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe by oyatz(m): 3:57pm On Oct 26, 2021
NairaMaster1:

My brother, we are not ready to change this country for better. One fire is burning us and we are preparing the one that will consume us.

We are ready to change only on social media.

You see, nobody gives you power or leave the corridors of power for the opponents.

Majority of the people that are opposed to Tinubu and people like him need to leave the social media and join political parties with all seriousness.

It's very difficult to effect meaning changes from outside the system.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe by freshalien: 3:59pm On Oct 26, 2021
sarrki:

He paid the price

To suffer neva taya you?! Goat!!

So that Tinubu go continue from where the lifeless mannequin go stop with im medical tourism.
Re: Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe by bigpicture001: 4:14pm On Oct 26, 2021
oyatz:

This wasn't what happened.

1) Around 2002, Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Yobe and some other States created Local Gov'ts as specified in constitution.

2) The last part of the constitutional lay down process require the State to forward the newly created LGAs to the National Assembly so that the NA can add them to the list of the LGAs in the fifth schedule of the Constitution.
Lagos State compiled by submitting the names for listening to the N.A but the N.A refused to act on it.

3) Meanwhile, Obasanjo and the PDP were strongly opposed to the creation of more LGAs. Obasanjo ,who regarded himself far superior to other political actors at the time (and truly he was) didn't like to be questioned on matters of Gov't policies, so he mounted pressure on the States to scrapped their newly created LGAs stating that the matter can causes unnecessary rivalries among States and will heat up the polity. Other States succumbed to Obasanjo's pressure except Lagos.

4) Then Obasanjo directed that the Local Gov't Fund for Lagos be stopped. The LASG under Tinubu took the matter to court which dragged on for years.
5) Around early 2007, the Supreme Court ruled that

a) the LGAs created by Lagos weren't actually illegal but the process of creating them were in complete ,so they can exist while awaiting their listing by the N.A
b) that Obasanjo had no power to seize council funds meant for Lagos and the accumulated fund should be released to the State.

6) Obasanjo said he accepted the court ruling but he still refused to release the fund, giving the excuse that the original councils have been dissolved and he didn't know who to release the fund to.

7) Eminent Legal scholars led by Prince Bola Ajibola intervened by proposing a compromise in which the newly created councils will become Local Council Development Areas (LCDAs) under the old councils which should revert back to their Identities.

cool President Yar'Adua came to power on May, 29, 2007 and promised to accept and implement the court ruling, so he directed that the money be released (in tranches) to Lagos and this was done between July,2007-2008 long after Tinubu has left office.

Guy, u are much informed that those who just prefer criticism and insult .. they no next to nothing on these matter.. just action with emotions...

Now u pointed out some good fact..

1. U made them know Lagos State revenue allocation was not seized. It's rather Lagos State local government revenue that was seized..

2. U made them understand that Tinubu didn't initially create the LCDA instead it was LGA..

3. But u still disagree on whom the money was disburse to
Re: Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe by akins088(m): 4:51pm On Oct 26, 2021
By who? Lagos APC. Even the PDP knows Tinubu candidacy is a big threat to them
mocipe:
He will be suspended soon grin
Re: Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe by eefeem: 4:53pm On Oct 26, 2021
God bless you for this.
Some can't even influence decision in their immediate family talkless of street or ward.

BJanta:

Stand away and do not vote for him , that will not stop him from contesting and winning. All political shakers and movers are falling over one another to gift their support and loyalty to him , you, unknown inconsequential lowlie who can't even influence election this way or that way in your ward is talking rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe by oyatz(m): 5:04pm On Oct 26, 2021
bigpicture001:

Bros.. use ur laptop is not for film alone... There is a big difference between a state government which tinubu heads and a local government which someone else heads during tinubu time in office...

Tinubu is not meant to use the local government allocation, it's not his. He is sent his own separate state allocation.. which was never seized... But he swop on gullible people like u who are fanatics to cry foul that he didn't do any infrastructure because FG seized his allocation.

By the way.. do u know tinubu Fought the FG bribing judges that sat in Lagos courts and made them rule that local government election must be conducted by state government electoral body which he also fight to get...

20year down the lane..has it improved anything politically aside allowing governor bully local government chiarman and stealing all their money...

Tinubu is an orchestrator of corrupt practices... He is so good at it that you guyz mistake it for heroim...

Your third shows that you have a superficial understanding of the subject matter.

The courts, up to the Supreme Court simply validated the stand of Lagos State that the CONSTITUTION vest the creation and control of Local Gov'ts, including the conduct of elections into the Local Gov'ts in the States.

It's a constitutional matter and not just the schemes of Tinubu.

In the Independence constitution and through out the First Republic , Local Gov'ts were never written in the constition and were not basis for sharing centrally collected revenues. Back then, each Region created the numbers of Local Gov'ts they deemed fit , conducted elections into them and funded them. In some Local Gov'ts, certain Traditional Rulers were made the Chairman of the councils were some had elected chairmen e.g Agege Local Council, Lagos Town Council

In 1976, the Murtalar Muhammed /Obasanjo Military Regime centralized local Gov'ts in Nigeria and incorporated them into the constition and also make them the third tier of Governments to be used as basis for sharing revenues, awarding constituencies etc.
Re: Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe by oyatz(m): 5:17pm On Oct 26, 2021
bigpicture001:

Guy, u are much informed that those who just prefer criticism and insult .. they no next to nothing on these matter.. just action with emotions...

Now u pointed out some good fact..

1. U made them know Lagos State revenue allocation was not seized. It's rather Lagos State local government revenue that was seized..

2. U made them understand that Tinubu didn't initially create the LCDA instead it was LGA..

3. But u still disagree on whom the money was disburse to

Obasanjo (he and Murtalar organized the 1976 Local Gov'ts Reform which recommended a single type of Local Gov'ts for the whole country and that this should be put into the constition) pointed out that if States are allowed to create LGAs, each State will want to create as many as they can because Local Gov'ts are now used to distribute revenues and sharing of the national cake.

In true Federalism, Local Gov'ts are agents of the State Gov't to bring development close to their people.

Kano and Jigawa States were one State in 1979-1983 and Lagos State was also one State.

Today, Lagos still remain one State with 20 LGAs while Kano (after Jigawa was carved out of it in 1991) now have 44 LGAs.

Each State shout create as many LGAs as they want but should be responsible for funding them. LGAs should be removed from the constition and not be used as basis for sharing revenues.
Re: Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe by bigpicture001: 5:20pm On Oct 26, 2021
oyatz:

Obasanjo (he and Murtalar organized the 1976 Local Gov'ts Reform which recommended a single type of Local Gov'ts for the whole country and that this should be put into the constition) pointed out that if States are allowed to create LGAs, each State will want to create as many as they can because Local Gov'ts are now used to distribute revenues and sharing of the national cake.

In true Federalism, Local Gov'ts are agents of the State Gov't to bring development close to their people.

Kano and Jigawa States were one State in 1979-1983 and Lagos State was also one State.

Today, Lagos still remain one State with 20 LGAs while Kano (after Jigawa was carved out of it in 1991) now have 44 LGAs.

Each State shout create as many LGAs as they want but should be responsible for funding them. LGAs should be removed from the constition and not be used as basis for sharing revenues.

I love this ur write up so informative and educative
Re: Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe by Kyf1: 5:35pm On Oct 26, 2021
grin
Re: Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe by lalasticlala(m): 5:39pm On Oct 26, 2021
Mophasa:
That's Wogu Boms an APC Chieftain and a justice commissioner in Rivers state during Amaechi's tenure and not the current commissioner of Justice in Rivers state.

Sarrki should stop spreading fake news and Nairaland should always check the stories they move to front page.

Lalasticlala and mynd44 please kindly correct the headline to a former commissioner and APC chieftain.

The OP is a very mischievous and dangerous BMC fellow and everyone should be wary of him.

Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe by BeardedMeat(m): 5:40pm On Oct 26, 2021
LegendHero:
Cool
It's fake news.
Re: Rivers Ex-Commissioner For Justice Wore Tinubu Shirt To Visit Senator Abe by PIMPAR: 5:41pm On Oct 26, 2021
These children of frustration go cry river today

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? / Babatunde Raji Fashola Trends On Twitter Worldwide / Xenophobic Attacks: President Buhari Despatches Special Envoy To South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.