Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

A Fellow Passenger Did This Inside A Taxi. Who Is Right? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Fellow Passenger Did This Inside A Taxi. Who Is Right? (46778 Views)

How A Taxi Driver Made A Lady Depress Brake So He Can Step Out To Fight (pix) / Italy Bound Nigerian Lady Raises Alarm After Finding This Inside Crayfish. PICS / Truck Hit A Pole And Fell On A Taxi At Mushin Olosha Lagos (photos). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Fellow Passenger Did This Inside A Taxi. Who Is Right? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 27, 2021
sharpwriter:

Hmmmn.... You are right bro.
This story of yours made me remember what my dad told me some time ago. It happened in the early 90's, more than 25 years ago.

A friend of his wanted to travel and got to the Park. The vehicle was a Peugeot 504 station wagon. And he got a seat beside the driver at the front.

Now, a lady came by and there was only a seat space remaining at the rear back (the wagon is three rows). The lady complained that she can't seat there and said she would've preferred the front seat.

In order not to waste time, and out of good will, this man (my dad's friend) got up from the front seat and offered to seat at that space at the back so that the lady can occupy his space beside the driver.

With happiness the lady jumped at the offer. The journey began. And on the way they had an accident.

Did you know that everyone died in that accident except my dad's friend? The driver, the lady and the rest of the passengers passed on, while my dad's friend got spared but not without an injury.

With his escape, he still had fracture in one of his arms and he got POP and bandage in that arm before he recuperated.

Boss, things dey happen for dis life.

Mehn, at times ehn, we don't know what we are saving ourselves from by practicing little kindness.
Truly things dey happen

1 Like

Re: A Fellow Passenger Did This Inside A Taxi. Who Is Right? by EmzyT: 11:08pm On Oct 27, 2021
[s]
dannyrhymes600:

Mehn, I blame the people that made phones and the internet accessible to people in the psychiatric ward, and I blame opera mini for giving 50mb to your likes. If you continue with this your character, you will just die Young and your people won't eat the fruit of their labor.
Plus, I'm not the cause of your family's debt
[/s]

gringringrin Shameless old man... I can feed your entire generation even with the ones unborn without complaining! grin

Son of a koboless farmer cheesy
Re: A Fellow Passenger Did This Inside A Taxi. Who Is Right? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 27, 2021
EmzyT:
[s][/s]

gringringrin Shameless old man... I can feed your entire generation even with the ones unborn without complaining! grin

Son of a koboless farmer cheesy

Is that all
Re: A Fellow Passenger Did This Inside A Taxi. Who Is Right? by staga: 1:23am On Oct 28, 2021
mannatech:
Madness dey some girls body because then think say man keep them for house mean say dey go dey forget their manners anyhow.

A lady really annoyed me this morning.
I had gone to the park to board a taxi back home. The guy who was loading for the driver directed me to the taxi that was loading. An elderly guy sat at the front seat while a lady was seated by the door and she was the only one sitting at the back. Note that the drivers take three passengers at the back.
Immediately I saw how the lady sat at the door- her body language- I decided to enter from the other side but another passenger beat me to it plus I was approaching the taxi from her side to I just decided to enter through there.
The lady rather than shift to the middle came out for me to enter without any form of excuse which I found annoying.
I made my displeasure know to her but she just kept mute as if no be human being dey follow talk. I still repeated myself.this lady just start blowing out like burning charcoal, shouting at the top of her voice that "do I think she is a baby for me to treat her like that".

To make matters worse,the passengers and driver were telling me to not retaliate because na women. Na so we go continue to dey tolerate nonsense. Even na guy, I go still tell am wetin he do no correct.

Take an Uber or buy your own.
Re: A Fellow Passenger Did This Inside A Taxi. Who Is Right? by ststyreal(f): 4:26am On Oct 28, 2021
mannatech:

Courtesy demands that you explain to the person while you want to seat by the window.
No be my papa car wey I wan draw seat on top.
Plus here in Abuja, na one chance Mo be that

Well, your point register well.
But she sat there before you so, why will she explain or excuse you for anything? You have no case oga. Na first come first serve, if na me, I no go shift for you, na where I like be that window side sef, so once I first anybody sidon there, uncle, I shift no where!
Re: A Fellow Passenger Did This Inside A Taxi. Who Is Right? by ststyreal(f): 4:29am On Oct 28, 2021
mannatech:

Troll
This is not a troll, they really need to ask you that question..... You even they quarrel the lady wey first you take sit because for your mind na woman naw, if na your fellow man, you go follow drag sit? ,,,,
Re: A Fellow Passenger Did This Inside A Taxi. Who Is Right? by taurusdude0(m): 7:01am On Oct 28, 2021
You are crazy, someone came before you, picked where they wanted to sit,you are complaining, she even kept mute while you exhibited you arrogance,I would have slapped the hell out of you. IDIOT

1 Like

Re: A Fellow Passenger Did This Inside A Taxi. Who Is Right? by Carnivorouslamb: 7:05am On Oct 28, 2021
Guy, you are absolutely wrong even though we can agree that the lady lacks manner of approach.. The lady was the first the get into the taxi and took her position by the door which normally should be her advantage, so you been the last to eventually enter the taxi doesnt really have a say as to where u should sit at that moment. Its left for the person by the door side to decide to shift for you to come take their place by the preferred door sit or come out for you to go take the middle or whatever sit is remaining which is absolutely their right.. And if it doesnt suit you, you can decide not to board and wait for the next taxi where u can try take a preferred sit position. I think that's just taxi ethics and its been so for as long as i can remember. So bros that right you were claiming wasnt really your right, it was hers.

1 Like

Re: A Fellow Passenger Did This Inside A Taxi. Who Is Right? by MisterKennedy(m): 10:52am On Oct 28, 2021
Vanilla4:
If there was room available for you, I'd say take the space. She could be lover of window seats.
You're right dear. I didn't really see anything wring with what she did because

1) She just wanted to sit at a particular spot

2) She got on the bus before he did so she has every right to dit where she wants

3) She was quiet when he verbally attacked her the first time. This shows that she's not as bad as the writer is portraying.

I thought she even did or say something very bad.

Absolutely nothing wrong with what she did or said.

Vanilla I just checked out your profile now and I'm stunned. Your nose ring is cute plus you're just so amazingly beautiful. You really know what fits you.

Are you mixed-raced because you seem so white and beautiful
Re: A Fellow Passenger Did This Inside A Taxi. Who Is Right? by Vanilla4(f): 12:07pm On Oct 28, 2021
MisterKennedy:

You're right dear. I didn't really see anything wring with what she did because

1) She just wanted to sit at a particular spot

2) She got on the bus before he did so she has every right to dit where she wants

3) She was quiet when he verbally attacked her the first time. This shows that she's not as bad as the writer is portraying.

I thought she even did or say something very bad.

Absolutely nothing wrong with what she did or said.

Vanilla I just checked out your profile now and I'm stunned. Your nose ring is cute plus you're just so amazingly beautiful. You really know what fits you.

Are you mixed-raced because you seem so white and beautiful
His story made it look like she did something outrageous.

I got the ring thingy during a night out with the girls.

I'm mixed, I don't think I look so white. My sister looks so white.

So white and beautiful, what is that supposed to mean?

1 Like

Re: A Fellow Passenger Did This Inside A Taxi. Who Is Right? by MisterKennedy(m): 3:37pm On Oct 28, 2021
Vanilla4:
His story made it look like she did something outrageous.

I got the ring thingy during a night out with the girls.

I'm mixed, I don't think I look so white. My sister looks so white.

So white and beautiful, what is that supposed to mean?

It's actually a compliment. Like you're so white and beautiful or also a dark and beautiful person

Hope you didn't misunderstand me dear

It was supposed to be a compliment dear
Re: A Fellow Passenger Did This Inside A Taxi. Who Is Right? by Vanilla4(f): 4:06pm On Oct 28, 2021
MisterKennedy:

It's actually a compliment. Like you're so white and beautiful or also a dark and beautiful person

Hope you didn't misunderstand me dear

It was supposed to be a compliment dear

Ever heard "white is beautiful" and those racial slur thingy, it did pushed a different meaning. Anyways, I'm cool.

2 Likes

Re: A Fellow Passenger Did This Inside A Taxi. Who Is Right? by MisterKennedy(m): 5:18pm On Oct 28, 2021
Vanilla4:
Ever heard "white is beautiful" and those racial slur thingy, it did pushed a different meaning. Anyways, I'm cool.
Oh! I get it now.

Quite frankly, I don't mind a person's colour. Black, white, red, brown etc. I love all skin types. I can't stand racists who berate other people.

It's said that variety is the spice of life. And God knows exactly what He was doing while creating these varieties.
Interracial or not, it doesn't matter. It's just like seeing different breed of dogs. Someone might prefer Lassa, someone else might prefer pitbull and someone else might prefer a bulldog. There's beauty in variety.

I'm so pleased to meet you Vanilla. I'm super honored to meet you.
Re: A Fellow Passenger Did This Inside A Taxi. Who Is Right? by Vanilla4(f): 6:54pm On Oct 28, 2021
MisterKennedy:

Oh! I get it now.

Quite frankly, I don't mind a person's colour. Black, white, red, brown etc. I love all skin types. I can't stand racists who berate other people.

It's said that variety is the spice of life. And God knows exactly what He was doing while creating these varieties.
Interracial or not, it doesn't matter. It's just like seeing different breed of dogs. Someone might prefer Lassa, someone else might prefer pitbull and someone else might prefer a bulldog. There's beauty in variety.
Roger that...

I'm so pleased to meet you Vanilla. I'm super honored to meet you.
Excellent... And you are welcome.

1 Like

Re: A Fellow Passenger Did This Inside A Taxi. Who Is Right? by MisterKennedy(m): 7:30pm On Oct 28, 2021
Vanilla4:
Roger that...
Excellent... And you are welcome.

Vanilla please I want to be friends with you outside of Nairaland. You're an amazing woman Vanilla. And I respect you so much. I want to be a wonderful friend to you and I want to be one of your best friends ever.

Here's my number Vanilla. Please call me, text me or WhatsApp me 08100553547
Re: A Fellow Passenger Did This Inside A Taxi. Who Is Right? by Olatoman(m): 8:44pm On Oct 28, 2021
Lmao, the funniest thing just happened.

I found the lady Oga Op was talking about on Twitter and she corroborated the story here and how he was not civil.

Sha, I have shared the thread link with her.

Its a very small world.

Dey do me make I drop my handle but biko, I love my privacy.
Re: A Fellow Passenger Did This Inside A Taxi. Who Is Right? by toujurs: 9:21pm On Oct 28, 2021
simplepee:
Me I just dey pity the unfortunate woman wey go marry op..... Backward fool.
You have so much bitterness in you.
Re: A Fellow Passenger Did This Inside A Taxi. Who Is Right? by Krismas(m): 10:34pm On Oct 28, 2021
mannatech:
Madness dey some girls body because then think say man keep them for house mean say dey go dey forget their manners anyhow.

A lady really annoyed me this morning.
I had gone to the park to board a taxi back home. The guy who was loading for the driver directed me to the taxi that was loading. An elderly guy sat at the front seat while a lady was seated by the door and she was the only one sitting at the back. Note that the drivers take three passengers at the back.
Immediately I saw how the lady sat at the door- her body language- I decided to enter from the other side but another passenger beat me to it plus I was approaching the taxi from her side to I just decided to enter through there.
The lady rather than shift to the middle came out for me to enter without any form of excuse which I found annoying.
I made my displeasure know to her but she just kept mute as if no be human being dey follow talk. I still repeated myself.this lady just start blowing out like burning charcoal, shouting at the top of her voice that "do I think she is a baby for me to treat her like that".

To make matters worse,the passengers and driver were telling me to not retaliate because na women. Na so we go continue to dey tolerate nonsense. Even na guy, I go still tell am wetin he do no correct.
grin Wen in comes to sitting in the bus, be sure people like OP will NEVER practice wot they are preaching! Reverse the situation, so its the lady who came later, OP will refuse to give up the sit by the window. Sit in the bus is first come first serve
Re: A Fellow Passenger Did This Inside A Taxi. Who Is Right? by Vanilla4(f): 11:22pm On Oct 28, 2021
MisterKennedy:

Vanilla please I want to be friends with you outside of Nairaland. You're an amazing woman Vanilla. And I respect you so much. I want to be a wonderful friend to you and I want to be one of your best friends ever.

Here's my number Vanilla. Please call me, text me or WhatsApp
Come on Mister K. we are good, is someone flattering me RN?

Hey careful with your digits, you don't know who's watching.

1 Like

Re: A Fellow Passenger Did This Inside A Taxi. Who Is Right? by MisterKennedy(m): 1:20am On Oct 30, 2021
Vanilla4:
Come on Mister K. we are good, is someone flattering me RN?

Hey careful with your digits, you don't know who's watching.
Good morning Vanilla.

You're right. I really need to be careful with my digit as someone might be watching.
I'll try to take it down as soon as you send me a message.

Vanilla please call me or text me or WhatsApp me. Please Vanilla 08100553547

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Friends Exploiting Money From Me, Advice Needed / The Wonders Of Ladder-like 240km-long Yaxi “skyroad” Expressway In China / Akwa Ibom International Airport Terminal Taking Shape (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.