Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression (7581 Views)

MT4 And MT5 Trading Apps Have Been Removed From Apple App Store / How Do I Prevent Loan Apps Like Sokoloan From Calling My Contacts / Top 11 Quick Loan Apps In Nigeria For Individuals And Business Owners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by Vansam: 9:00pm On Oct 26, 2021
I am writing this with tears in my eyes and with the feeling that i may not live to see tomorrow as a result of what online lending apps did to me. I have never for once thought that my life could turn this way until the year 2021 when circumstances forced me to become a regular debtor from online loan Apps.

I am a masters degree holder, working with a reputable firm in Nigeria but also underemployed because the pay couldn't sustain me, my family, and my dependents. The organisation i work with pays their permanent staff well, a diploma holder can earn up to 300k a month but as a contract staff i only go home with 63k monthly even with my educational qualification. I am a committed and dedicated staff of the organisation i work for but all my efforts always go in vain year in year out. I have been a contract staff for over five years with this organization and served them diligently and having being a key team player with problem solving skills, yet they never wanted to convert me into a permanent staff to enjoy the benefit of my labour. I believe many talented Nigerians are facing this same problem where they give cheap labour to the employers who prefers to keep incompetent and less qualified staff based on reasons known to them.

I know some people here will begin to judge me for taking a loan, others may likely mock or ridicule me; etc. Let me say this, pray for yourself not to be in a situation where you have no one to help you except yourself alone. That was the type of situation i found myself that made me started taking online loans to carter for myself and family. I used every loan i took to boost my small side business. However, because these loan apps are unregulated, they do anything they like to harm you in any possible ways.

I am not a loan defaulter, i always pay my loan when due but i found myself in a situation where i have no other option than to reapply for another loan immediately after repayment because their outrageous interest of up to 50% with 7-14 days duration of payback has made me a slave in bondage with no where to run. My salary always goes to loan repayment, my side hustle also goes to loan repayment.

Many times i cried loud alone in my room that why is Nigeria not interested in investigating how these apps operate? Why can't Nigeria setup a law that will make these companies lower their high interest charges with very short duration? I have taken a loan of 70k to pay back 100k in 4 days; i also took a loan of 80k to pay back 120k in just 7 days, etc. and once you missed a day of your repayment these loan apps will begin to tarnish your image sending sms to all your contacts calling you a criminal eve if you have a clean repayment record.

The reason why i am making this post is to advice people who are taking loans from these apps that give just 7 days duration with almost 50% interest to please for your own good desist from them. I am in a situation whereby i have defaulted some loans i took because i have no choice anymore, their outrageous charges has put me into depression.

For over a week now, I've been embarrassed a lot, sms were sent to my contacts tarnishing my image as a fraudster even when these companies know i have a very clean repayment record with them and i will eventually pay. Please pray for me, i'm really scared, i don't sleep, i am a hypertensive patient, i do not have anything now, i sold my belongings, etc in order to settle some of these loans but yet their high interest rate already got me into their trap.

Pray for me please so i can survive this. Thank you.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by Shellsploit: 9:02pm On Oct 26, 2021
nothing lasts forever

5 Likes

Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by greymiles: 9:10pm On Oct 26, 2021
Which app did you borrow 120k from

3 Likes

Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by Pipefitter: 9:14pm On Oct 26, 2021
What doesn't kill a man makes him stronger, ignore it and face your work. It will pass and please avoid all those loan sharks

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by CryptoClub2018: 9:17pm On Oct 26, 2021
I want to believe that I am in a worst situation than you are, at the moment, I owe 75% of the loan apps on play store starting from; Sokoloan 35k, Gocash 69k, Fastcash 32k, xcredit 38k, Lcredit 17k, creditall 10k, GGmoney 16k, Hcredit 32k,Opay 8k, Cashpal 18k, Ajelon 14k, loannaira 7k,Quick check 24k, Branch 80k, allacredit 18k, Papacash 5k, Fair money 13k, Migo 6k, 9credit 23k, N-cash 23k,carbon 102k, sycamore 175k,kashkash 13k, I/money 14k, Easycredit 16k, Nairaplus 18k, next credit 7k, imoney 4k, palm credit 19k, cashlion 4k, cashsea 14k, nodcredit 4k,easymoni 6k and cashcredit 16k.
I receive nothing less than 70 calls on a daily basis. And I don't have a job yet. I don't even know how to pay this money. They have also finished me through derogatory messages to my contacts but we meave

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by dawnomike(m): 9:17pm On Oct 26, 2021
It is well wit you...
Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by OlawaleBammie: 9:18pm On Oct 26, 2021
Reputable firm and underemployment shouldn't be in same bracket na

If ur company is truly reputable as u claim den u should not be underemployed

Modified :

Sorry I did not read it well den
Mitjyland:

Why are some people always try to be so unfortunate? Don't u see where the guy wrote that he is a contract staff? Do you even know how contract staff are being treated? Metcheww

still u don't need to be immature, only toddlers does this bro.
Viking07:
Read where he said he’s a contract staff. Probably one of those slave bank jobs.

@OP, more than 80% of Nigerians are into one form of debt or the other. Even the federal government sef dey owe. My advice is - please don’t harm yourself. This too shall pass. Be strong.
am sorry, i didn't read it well

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by edego2up(m): 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2021
Anything that comes easy has a side effect (come easy go with a prize)
Well what you can do is to run to your senator, explain to him all you have said here, let me say you will smile again.
Someone may say that this is not possible but I can assure you that he is a senator for the people not for himself

6 Likes

Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 26, 2021
OlawaleBammie:

Read where he said he’s a contract staff. Probably one of those slave bank jobs.

@OP, more than 80% of Nigerians are into one form of debt or the other. Even the federal government sef dey owe. My advice is - please don’t harm yourself. This too shall pass. Be strong.

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 26, 2021
edego2up:
Anything that comes easy has a side effect (come easy go with a prize)
Well what you can do is to run to your senator, explain to him all you have said here, let me say you will smile again.
Someone may say that this is not possible but I can assure you that he is a senator for the people not for himself
A Nigerian senator or which senator you dey talk about so? Our honorables won’t even let him open his mouth before unleashing their security.

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by Mitjyland(m): 9:37pm On Oct 26, 2021
Vansam:
I am writing this with tears in my eyes and with the feeling that i may not live to see tomorrow as a result of what online lending apps did to me. I have never for once thought that my life could turn this way until the year 2021 when circumstances forced me to become a regular debtor from online loan Apps.

I am a masters degree holder, working with a reputable firm in Nigeria but also underemployed because the pay couldn't sustain me, my family, and my dependents. The organisation i work with pays their permanent staff well, a diploma holder can earn up to 300k a month but as a contract staff i only go home with 63k monthly even with my educational qualification. I am a committed and dedicated staff of the organisation i work for but all my efforts always go in vain year in year out. I have been a contract staff for over five years with this organization and served them diligently and having being a key team player with problem solving skills, yet they never wanted to convert me into a permanent staff to enjoy the benefit of my labour. I believe many talented Nigerians are facing this same problem where they give cheap labour to the employers who prefers to keep incompetent and less qualified staff based on reasons known to them.

I know some people here will begin to judge me for taking a loan, others may likely mock or ridicule me; etc. Let me say this, pray for yourself not to be in a situation where you have no one to help you except yourself alone. That was the type of situation i found myself that made me started taking online loans to carter for myself and family. I used every loan i took to boost my small side business. However, because these loan apps are unregulated, they do anything they like to harm you in any possible ways.

I am not a loan defaulter, i always pay my loan when due but i found myself in a situation where i have no other option than to reapply for another loan immediately after repayment because their outrageous interest of up to 50% with 7-14 days duration of payback has made me a slave in bondage with no where to run. My salary always goes to loan repayment, my side hustle also goes to loan repayment.

Many times i cried loud alone in my room that why is Nigeria not interested in investigating how these apps operate? Why can't Nigeria setup a law that will make these companies lower their high interest charges with very short duration? I have taken a loan of 70k to pay back 100k in 4 days; i also took a loan of 80k to pay back 120k in just 7 days, etc. and once you missed a day of your repayment these loan apps will begin to tarnish your image sending sms to all your contacts calling you a criminal eve if you have a clean repayment record.

The reason why i am making this post is to advice people who are taking loans from these apps that give just 7 days duration with almost 50% interest to please for your own good desist from them. I am in a situation whereby i have defaulted some loans i took because i have no choice anymore, their outrageous charges has put me into depression.

For over a week now, I've been embarrassed a lot, sms were sent to my contacts tarnishing my image as a fraudster even when these companies know i have a very clean repayment record with them and i will eventually pay. Please pray for me, i'm really scared, i don't sleep, i am a hypertensive patient, i do not have anything now, i sold my belongings, etc in order to settle some of these loans but yet their high interest rate already got me into their trap.

Pray for me please so i can survive this. Thank you.

Awwww, I really feel your pains.

It's a pity we do not have leaders who can checkmate all these things. People are dying silently as a result of these greedy loan sharks.

Mods you guys need to help a lot of people by putting this in front page if possible. This is so disturbing.

5 Likes

Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by xxxtedyxxx(m): 9:45pm On Oct 26, 2021
Lol
Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by Mitjyland(m): 9:47pm On Oct 26, 2021
OlawaleBammie:

Why are some people always try to be so unfortunate? Don't u see where the guy wrote that he is a contract staff? Do you even know how contract staff are being treated? Metcheww

2 Likes

Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by mocipe: 9:47pm On Oct 26, 2021
It is well brother. I understand what you are passing through. Don't give up. Look at your family.
Let me you a lil story

Some years back, my popsi met a certain man. The man had a contract to construct a road so he involved my popsi. Popsi borrowed a lot of money with interest. Road was completed, money was cashed out but popsi was played out.
We suffered, feeding was a big issue. No body to come to our rescue. No side business.
Well, popsi was able to clear all that he took after 3 years or so.

Don't allow depression kill you, be strong, it you can't pay the loan buckle up and do not reason anyone.

You sef, collect 70k to pay 100k in 4 days, na so your business dey get returns abi na person dey pressure you.

Rearrange your spending habit, if the business cannot pay itself after a reasonable investment then change business. Plenty online business dey wey go give you joy every month.

No dey reason like weak man o.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by DonBenny77(m): 9:56pm On Oct 26, 2021
CryptoClub2018:
I want to believe that I am in a worst situation than you are, at the moment, I owe 75% of the loan apps on play store starting from; Sokoloan 35k, Gocash 69k, Fastcash 32k, xcredit 38k, Lcredit 17k, creditall 10k, GGmoney 16k, Hcredit 32k,Opay 8k, Cashpal 18k, Ajelon 14k, loannaira 7k,Quick check 24k, Branch 80k, allacredit 18k, Papacash 5k, Fair money 13k, Migo 6k, 9credit 23k, N-cash 23k,carbon 102k, sycamore 175k,kashkash 13k, I/money 14k, Easycredit 16k, Nairaplus 18k, next credit 7k, imoney 4k, palm credit 19k, cashlion 4k, cashsea 14k, nodcredit 4k,easymoni 6k and cashcredit 16k.
I receive nothing less than 70 calls on a daily basis. And I don't have a job yet. I don't even know how to pay this money. They have also finished me through derogatory messages to my contacts but we meave
I swear down even Nigeria dey owe default even collect more loan
Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by Mitjyland(m): 10:00pm On Oct 26, 2021
CryptoClub2018:

The way I see this, if these Apps have their repayment duration starting from 30 days I'm sure a lot of people won't default. Can you imagine the OP is saying he collected 70k but to pay back 100k in just 4 days? Nigerian leaders which way nah? This is total wickedness from these lending Apps.

8 Likes

Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by Mitjyland(m): 10:01pm On Oct 26, 2021
mocipe:
It is well brother. I understand what you are passing through. Don't give up. Look at your family.
Let me you a lil story

Some years back, my popsi met a certain man. The man had a contract to construct a road so he involved my popsi. Popsi borrowed a lot of money with interest. Road was completed, money was cashed out but popsi was played out.
We suffered, feeding was a big issue. No body to come to our rescue. No side business.
Well, popsi was able to clear all that he took after 3 years or so.

Don't allow depression kill you, be strong, it you can't pay the loan buckle up and do not reason anyone.

You sef, collect 70k to pay 100k in 4 days, na so your business dey get returns abi na person dey pressure you.

Rearrange your spending habit, if the business cannot pay itself after a reasonable investment then change business. Plenty online business dey wey go give you joy every month.

No dey reason like weak man o.

OP please read this. It is a motivation for you.

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by house10s: 10:01pm On Oct 26, 2021
if i earn 63k monthly am good, best u start cutting cost else ur family just dey look for how to drag u to hell while dey sit around watching gotv

7 Likes

Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by Rightmindset: 10:12pm On Oct 26, 2021
CryptoClub2018:

Your own loud. How did you manage to collect all these?

4 Likes

Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by Rightmindset: 10:15pm On Oct 26, 2021
Mitjyland:

The way I see this, if these Apps have their repayment duration starting from 30 days I'm sure a lot of people won't default. Can you imagine the OP is saying he collected 70k but to pay back 100k in just 4 days? Nigerian leaders which way nah? This is total wickedness from these lending Apps.

Na them dey cause the defaulting. I tried to borrow just 10k but to pay back 16k in just 14 days, so I declined. It's pure exploitation.

6 Likes

Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by Mitjyland(m): 10:21pm On Oct 26, 2021
Rightmindset:

Na them dey cause the defaulting. I tried to borrow just 10k but to pay back 16k in just 14 days, so I declined. It's pure exploitation.

Yes they are the ones causing the defaulting, but I'm surprised some Nairalanders are even supporting these loan sharks in some threads. We are our own problem. Our leaders need to work harder.

If u give a man time to pay ofcoure he will not default.

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by revived: 10:36pm On Oct 26, 2021
You get time

I have been in your shoes before

Nah Werey Dem be

If my contacts message me I go tell them to debunk am sae nah lie.

Sae Dem dun steal my phone

You better forget loan app and face your life ogbeni

3 Likes

Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 26, 2021
CryptoClub2018:
Sorry but this is very funny. Only you? Lol

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by house10s: 10:58pm On Oct 26, 2021
CryptoClub2018:
sorry but u just dey lie

2 Likes

Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by CryptoClub2018: 11:11pm On Oct 26, 2021
Rightmindset:

Your own loud. How did you manage to collect all these?

This has been happening for over one and a half year. Been borrowing from one app to pay another and once you pay, the limit is increased so I borrow again and the cycle continues till I got hooked now. Been searching for how to borrow from other apps not listed there but most of them refuses to lend me cash

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by Pk01(m): 11:14pm On Oct 26, 2021
. Sorry for ur situation... Get urself a laptop learn a skill dedicate 3 to 6 months and learn everything.. You should dumb that job... Haba you've been working for one place for 5yrs...

If you have a laptop android phone.. Quote me to suggest an online skill for you.

2 Likes

Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by danielblessing(m): 11:25pm On Oct 26, 2021
Eleyi gidigan

It's quite serious. You need to pray against debt.

CryptoClub2018:

2 Likes

Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by Kobicove(m): 11:41pm On Oct 26, 2021
CryptoClub2018:

This has been happening for over one and a half year. Been borrowing from one app to pay another and once you pay, the limit is increased so I borrow again and the cycle continues till I got hooked now. Been searching for how to borrow from other apps not listed there but most of them refuses to lend me cash

Only a fool will still lend you money considering your current credit exposure! angry

1 Like

Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by DriverX: 1:33am On Oct 27, 2021
CryptoClub2018:
Funny thing about goats like you is that most of this money you're owing was used to _fuck ashewo.

Just use yourself for ritual

8 Likes

Re: Loan Apps Have Put Me Into Longlasting Depression by Rightmindset: 6:33am On Oct 27, 2021
Mitjyland:

Yes they are the ones causing the defaulting, but I'm surprised some Nairalanders are even supporting these loan sharks in some threads. We are our own problem. Our leaders need to work harder.

If u give a man time to pay ofcoure he will not default.

You can't lend me 10k to pay back 16k in 14 days. You are exploiting me and I won't be happy and allow that to happen. That's not business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Making Solar Panels In Nigeria (Pls Four Big Thinkers Only) / Fiverr As A Business - Premium Class With Ojasweb / Grant Empowerment Program Opportunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.