Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,572 members, 7,816,407 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 (10526 Views)

LASG Set To Construct New Airport On Lekki-Epe Axis / Anambra Airport Is Ready, Waiting For NCAA Approval For Commercial Flights / Flair Aviation: Nigeria Impounds UK Aircraft Conducting Commercial Flights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by paskal16: 5:39am On Oct 27, 2021
Just booked my flight grin

8 Likes

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by Fogman(m): 5:41am On Oct 27, 2021
Whao! BIG congratulations to my beloved state.

1 Like

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by Nobody: 5:52am On Oct 27, 2021
KoshCAD:
Day dreamer
That’s what they called Joseph.

3 Likes

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by Masterclass32: 6:21am On Oct 27, 2021
Nke a bu nke anyi.

3 Likes

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:26am On Oct 27, 2021
Chukdobz20:
Likely that the airport road will be armed robbers and kidnappers infested. I'm Anambranian living abroad, can't wait to return home but the crimes and Insecurity breaks my heart.
Anambra is safe

3 Likes

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by APOSTLECHUMA: 6:47am On Oct 27, 2021
The secret message hidden here, is that there are too many things that state governments can accomplish without fed govt's assistance.

5 Likes

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by Benitoh: 6:50am On Oct 27, 2021
It a welcome development.

That's the more reason we have to give soludo and Apga the platform to continue the work of taking Anambra to a greater heights.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by descarado: 6:51am On Oct 27, 2021
Anyi efebego kiss kiss kiss
Haters scram

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by EndBuhariNow(m): 7:03am On Oct 27, 2021
Anambra government should not allow Sai Barbar boys from desert to fulanize that road that led to the airport... too scary at Night

3 Likes

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by Shellsploit: 7:29am On Oct 27, 2021
LA - ANM shocked shocked shocked shocked
For just N27500

1 Like

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by seyz91(m): 7:30am On Oct 27, 2021
i tell you
habeeb246:
This is a very big win for onitsha people

2 Likes

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by Shellsploit: 7:32am On Oct 27, 2021
Focusmind:
Let the airport road remain safe. That's my worry. That airport road should be manned 24hours by security personnel. It would be a soft target for all those robbers since the road passed through villages known for strifes, violent crimes and armed robbery.

People landing in that airport are not going to umureri. Some would be going to Onitsha, Awka, Nnewi,Enugu or even to other neighbouring States like Kogi and Delta. The importance of secured airport road can't be over emphasize.

Congratulations!

It is Umueri

3 Likes

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by MI6Surveillance: 7:50am On Oct 27, 2021
Anambra international airport is the best and the international gateway to the eastern Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by Afamsi: 7:53am On Oct 27, 2021
Anambra amaka

2 Likes

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by COMPAQ(m): 7:56am On Oct 27, 2021
NoFucksToGive:
Oh well. At least it will help them import containers through the air easier .

So now I can ship stuff from abroad sites like Amazon down there faster instead of going to Lagos ...

Containers through the air!?

1 Like

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by COMPAQ(m): 8:00am On Oct 27, 2021
APOSTLECHUMA:
The secret message here is that there are too many things that state governments can accomplish without fed govts assistance.

True talk. But only for serious governors with half a brain. It amazes me that a state like Rivers with only major city is still the same as 20years ago asides some dualised roads by Amaechi and flyovers by Wike.

Where are top notch schools and hospitals?

2 Likes

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by PHIPEX(m): 8:13am On Oct 27, 2021
Focusmind:
Let the airport road remain safe. That's my worry. That airport road should be manned 24hours by security personnel. It would be a soft target for all those robbers since the road passed through villages known for strifes, violent crimes and armed robbery.

People landing in that airport are not going to umureri. Some would be going to Onitsha, Awka, Nnewi,Enugu or even to other neighbouring States like Kogi and Delta. The importance of secured airport road can't be over emphasize.

Congratulations!
Good observation but have you heard of any of these things you mentioned happening there in the last 10years?
Security is important anywhere let's not make it seem as if there is anything unusual in Anambra. It's a scare mongering.

4 Likes

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by comodo: 8:17am On Oct 27, 2021
Chukdobz20:
Likely that the airport road will be armed robbers and kidnappers infested. I'm Anambranian living abroad, can't wait to return home but the crimes and Insecurity breaks my heart.
Leave all the stuff you hear in the news. Men are still hustling big time in the state. My business takes me from Phc to Anambra steady every month. Once Onitsha Main Market, Relief Market, Bridge head is still operational, once u hear that all these areas have shut down, that's when you I think you can believe all you hear.

3 Likes

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by Originalsly: 8:19am On Oct 27, 2021
Only one airline they have attracted? While constructing weren't they reaching out to attract airlines? This is a big failure on the marketing department. How will the airport now generate enough money for its operation?.... for maintenance?... for staff? They need to do a lot more urgently or this project will have to be heavily subsidized.... continuously or become a white elephant.
Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by koning: 8:29am On Oct 27, 2021
Airports are named after the cities in which they are located. What the hell is "Anambra( ANA).

It should be called Umueri Airport, Ananmbra.

Even the one Umahi is building is called Abakiliki Airport, Ebonyi. You guys should stop referencing Anambra as one city. There is no city in the state called "Anambra".

3 Likes

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by uvie66: 8:34am On Oct 27, 2021
Will they fly on Mondays !!!!!

1 Like

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by MI6Surveillance: 8:40am On Oct 27, 2021
Only envy and bitterness can turn a man up-side down like this. Lol

Originalsly:
Only one airline they have attracted? While constructing weren't they reaching out to attract airlines? This is a big failure on the marketing department. How will the airport now generate enough money for its operation?.... for maintenance?... for staff? They need to do a lot more urgently or this project will have to be heavily subsidized.... continuously or become a white elephant.
Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by uvie66: 8:41am On Oct 27, 2021
Namnam:
Well that’s good to hear and knowing the government has ramped up spending on infrastructure means shit like this is gonna happen more
....means shit like this is gonna..... Must you write in English ?
Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by berrystunn(m): 8:42am On Oct 27, 2021
APGA,
we stand , we support, we vote for ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by MI6Surveillance: 8:46am On Oct 27, 2021
Hahahaha bitter frustrated wawa man is pained. Anambra is generally developed like Lagos, that's why you don't hear Ikeja airport but Lagos international airport, the same thing applies to Anambra- Anambra international airport. Anambra has many cities just like Lagos. Anambra is the economic hub if igbo land, the same way Lagos and Rivers are the economic hubs of SW and SS regions.

Lagos international airports for SW

Kano international airport for North

Rivers international airport for SS

Anambra international airport for SE

[s]
koning:
Airports are named after the cities in which they are located. What the hell is "Anambra( ANA). It should be called Umueri Airport, Ananmbra. Even the one Umahi is building is called Abakiliki Airport, Ebonyi. You guys should stop referencing Anambra as one city. There is no city in the state called "Anambra".
[/s]

Stop crying. Anambra international airport is the name. cheesy

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by pointblank247(m): 8:48am On Oct 27, 2021
Airport wey go dey for lock down
Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by berrystunn(m): 8:49am On Oct 27, 2021
Chukdobz20:

From tomorrow 80% of hotels in Anambra are fully booked.

Major markets are operating full time
Bah , clubs are operating full time

Anambra is sweet, Oba is sweeter .

4 Likes

Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by erico2k2(m): 8:57am On Oct 27, 2021
Chukdobz20:
#
Bross from which Abroad nah?
Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by Sheriman(m): 9:28am On Oct 27, 2021
I pray say bandit boys, fulani armed militias and bokoharam boys no go still attack Nigerians for air oooo embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Commercial Flights To Begin At Anambra Airport On October 30 by ifynicky: 9:34am On Oct 27, 2021
habeeb246:
This is a very big win for onitsha people

I do not think its a big win for Onitsha people like you said. They will still using their airport which is Asaba airport.

Asaba Airport it closest to Onitsha and its environs...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Is Flight From Lagos To Abuja / The Beauty Of Accra City Of Ghana / International Flights: FG Lifts Ban On Lufthansa, Air France

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.