Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,789 members, 7,851,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:35 AM

Are You An Open-minded, Gullible, And Naive? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are You An Open-minded, Gullible, And Naive? (155 Views)

I Regret Being A Kind, Naive And Nice Guy / Lady Looking For A Guy To Stay With For A Week she wants Open Minded Guy / Nigerians On Twitter Share Some Of The Lines Menuse To Deceive Naive Ladies(lol) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are You An Open-minded, Gullible, And Naive? by sirjamesjnr(m): 8:46am On Oct 27, 2021
From my experience, the term open-minded has been abused recently by people looking to force their agendas. I have also observed that "open-minded" is a word shunned by people who don't want to change their minds. There's a reason we have different words for each of these things. Here is a thing:
If you're open-minded, you're willing to accept new possibilities and ways of thinking, but you still filter it through your experiences. You don't instantly go back to being a baby and just absorb whatever is happening into your subconscious.

I will like to think that being Open-minded means that you're available mentally, it doesn't mean you don't discern. I have come to know that If you believe everything you hear you’re, not open-minded. You're gullible or naive.
I have made peace within me knowing, there is no danger or disadvantage to open-mindedness, Your ability to self-assess does not go out the window because you choose to consider a new way of thinking.
Life has thought me that there's only a disadvantage or danger found in not using your brain to discern good from the bad. Open-mindedness just means that you choose to consider more angles than the next person before determining whether it's good or bad.

For example, how do I view people around me: They are neither perfect nor evil. They are mostly trying to live their own lives with the limited knowledge and ability they have. When they seem uncaring they are mostly coping with their own issues. So I always encourage people around me to thrive to adjust from the norm.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need A Reliable Dating Site? Try Downloading This On Amazon / Living In Council House Shared Houde And Private House Advantages And Disadvanta / List Of Fire Protection Systems & Fire Protection Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.