Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,555 members, 7,812,779 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court (17335 Views)

Angry APC Wishes PDP, Its Members Failure Over Mass Defections / PDP Convention: Secondus’ Whereabouts Unknown After Appeal Court Ruling / I Wish PDP Well, Melaye Says As He Rejects Party Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by Kwanza: 7:27pm On Oct 29, 2021
The suspended National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Prince Uche Secondus, has instructed lawyers to study the ruling of the Court of Appeal, Port Harcourt, which dismissed his motion to halt the National Convention of the party in order to appeal it “immediately”.

Secondus, while reacting Friday through his media aide, Ike Abonyi, said no abuse of the constitution of the party should be allowed to stand and that impunity must be resisted.

The embattled PDP chieftain said he would appeal having been briefed of the ruling while the substantive case is still pending at the Court of Appeal.

He said: “I respect the position of the court even though I disagree totally with it. The issue is not about Prince Uche Secondus but about the sanctity of our party constitution and core democratic principles of justice and rule of law not only in PDP but in our democracy.

“I have been a witness to how much harm litigations have done to our party in the past and as a result I have been a strong advocate against settling issues in courts.

“This was why I resisted and rejected entreaties of those who wanted me to go to court to halt these forces when it was obvious that they were determined to disrupt my leadership and truncate my tenure in office with the sole objective of hijacking the party for their selfish ulterior motives.

“To allow this travesty to stand is to reduce our beloved party to a level where anybody can wake up over night and remove officers against the proscribed constitutional process and the National Chairman for that matter. And purporting to use the judiciary through an exparte order to legitimize same.

“I wish to, therefore, at this juncture thank and appreciate leaders and other stakeholders of our party who have called in to express their concerns on this matter and appeal for the understanding of all.

“If those who orchestrated and fostered this avoidable crisis had listened to wise counsel of party leaders and elders who advised the withdrawal of cases, this situation would have been avoidable. I wish the party well as always.”

https://dailytrust.com/secondus-i-wish-pdp-well-but-ill-appeal-ruling-on-convention

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by Bola146(f): 7:30pm On Oct 29, 2021
sad All because of who's interest? Nigerians are now wiser than before.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by slimghost(m): 7:30pm On Oct 29, 2021
Desperate clown being used to destabilize PDP.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by Baawaa(m): 7:34pm On Oct 29, 2021
That is the end of secondus politically

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by nairavsdollars(f): 7:39pm On Oct 29, 2021
Wehrey
Re: National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by KoleDgreat2020(m): 8:36pm On Oct 29, 2021
Let him go to world court if he likes

3 Likes

Re: National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by ItsTutsi(m): 9:36pm On Oct 29, 2021
Why can't he appeal in any other court other than the one in river state?
Re: National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by ItsTutsi(m): 9:36pm On Oct 29, 2021
Why can't he appeal in any other court other than the one in river state? It's obvious those in river state are in wike's pocket

1 Like

Re: National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by ThatFairGuy: 9:39pm On Oct 29, 2021
Lost battle
Re: National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by gabolak(m): 9:42pm On Oct 29, 2021
It is a lost battle already sir

1 Like

Re: National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by manuelbreez(m): 9:45pm On Oct 29, 2021
The Man will lose

Meanwhile
Neat Gionee F103 Pro for Sale 2 gig RAM @ very Fair price
Just Fixed the screen (Cost -8k)

1 Like

Re: National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by iLoveYouToo(m): 9:45pm On Oct 29, 2021
grin pure wickedness

2 Likes

Re: National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by blamingthedevil: 9:45pm On Oct 29, 2021
Useless party of tax collectors, miscreants, wailers ,brassieres, looters, boko haram, bandits, endsars hoodlums, and IPOB terrorists

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by AmazingELixir: 9:46pm On Oct 29, 2021
grin grin grin

Secondus is out to reclaim his position....

I wonder who is putting him upto to this wild goose chase....he should just swallow his pride and allow his ego shrink like Ambode "The spineless" did.

2 Likes

Re: National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by Forest122: 9:46pm On Oct 29, 2021
Good �������
Re: National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by JosephXavier: 9:46pm On Oct 29, 2021
I thought they said he has gone into hiding?

He has been defeated and it's time for him to rest

As it stands now he is fighting a lost battle

2 Likes

Re: National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by NwaNimo1(m): 9:47pm On Oct 29, 2021

5 Likes

Re: National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by Optimistguy1969: 9:47pm On Oct 29, 2021
Re: National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by gg20: 9:48pm On Oct 29, 2021
They said they no need ur services anything longer, Oga no bè by Force now

1 Like

Re: National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by BamakSNR(m): 9:49pm On Oct 29, 2021
blamingthedevil:
Useless party of tax collectors, miscreants, wailers ,brassieres, looters, boko haram, bandits, endsars hoodlums, and IPOB terrorists
PDP in one sentence grin

1 Like

Re: National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by EtinosaDLaw(m): 9:52pm On Oct 29, 2021
To do what? They say they don't want you again. Na by force? All these bored politicians seff. We know he has no other job so after this one, he can go home and retire to eat his loot.

1 Like

Re: National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by luwins(m): 9:53pm On Oct 29, 2021
Scam
Re: National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by TalkTalkTwins(m): 9:53pm On Oct 29, 2021
Lol

1 Like

Re: National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by nedekid: 9:54pm On Oct 29, 2021
ItsTutsi:
Why can't he appeal in any other court other than the one in river state?
Abi, Sambisa high Court will be appropriate grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by SimplePlan34: 9:54pm On Oct 29, 2021
Look at the way they are behaving politically and they want to rule this country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by duality(m): 10:00pm On Oct 29, 2021
AmazingELixir:
grin grin grin

Secondus is out to reclaim his position....

I wonder who is putting him upto to this wild goose chase....he should just swallow his pride and allow his ego shrink like Ambode "The spineless" did.

Nothat is wrong
Re: National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by duality(m): 10:03pm On Oct 29, 2021
Is uche secondus not saying the truth?

I believe in the truth and Secondus have a right to go to court.

We know court rulings are being sold but then we celebrate impunity simply because it doesn't affect us.

2 Likes

Re: National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by duality(m): 10:05pm On Oct 29, 2021
EtinosaDLaw:
To do what? They say they don't want you again. Na by force? All these bored politicians seff. We know he has no other job so after this one, he can go home and retire to eat his loot.

We don't want Buhari, have we removed him from Aso Rock?

Why are we waiting for 2023 ?

2 Likes

Re: National Convention: Secondus Wishes PDP Well, Heads To Supreme Court by Abujason: 10:05pm On Oct 29, 2021
Mr. Man, it’s time to move on.
I no do again no be fight.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Electricity Union Assures Nigerians Of Stable Power Supply / Murray-Bruce Criticizes Nigeria's 2016 Budget / Onofiok Luke Removes His Picture From Office As Akwa Ibom Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.