Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,896 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election (38009 Views)

Residents Flee Villages, Communities In South-east As Killings, Unrest Rise / Ogun Residents Flee To Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis / Timothy Owoeye Caught Bathing In Osun Market Ahead Of Election (Photos, video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by Adebeeyi: 8:21pm On Oct 29, 2021
Ahead of the November 6 gubernatorial election in Anambra State, residents have begun to flee to other states.

Speaking with FIJ, residents who have now taken refuge in other southeastern states said they fled Anambra for fear of violence during the election.

“I’m not voting. I am in Imo already; I am staying with my friend now. Many of my friends have also left that place,” one of them said.

Other residents who spoke with FIJ from their new locations said with the threats posed by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and the show of force by security agencies, they feared a bloodbath.

Several residents of Ananmbra who are still in the state said they had travel plans.

“I will be leaving Nnewi next week because of this election,” someone told FIJ on the phone. “The east is hot. I’m not even going to any state around here; I’m travelling far.”

Students at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK) also told FIJ that they had received calls from family members begging for their exits from the state, and many left in the later hours of Friday, after their first-semester examination, while others said they would leave on Tuesday, after IPOB’s Monday sit-at-home is observed.

FIJ earlier exclusively reported that IPOB and its combat arm, the Eastern Security Network (ESN), were listed as top threats by the police ahead of the election.

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Friday revealed that there were no registered voters in 86 polling units in the state ahead the election.

https://fij.ng/article/the-east-is-hot-anambra-residents-flee-state-ahead-of-election/

10 Likes

Re: Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by Fahdiga(m): 8:23pm On Oct 29, 2021
They want to turn the east to a battle field but God alive

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 29, 2021
You see what we are talking about?

Turned a whole state upside down. I feel for those innocent citizens fleeing. I hope they get to safety and this madness ends soon.

Meanwhile,

No wonder Amatarasha went quiet. She be looking for where to hole up.

She and DoggoneDogg should hook up and keep warm in the bush together.

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by OdumegwuOjukwu: 8:27pm On Oct 29, 2021
Lagos will be a good place to cool off for now.

I guess...

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by EzeAro: 8:32pm On Oct 29, 2021
Another Fake blogging page looking for traffic,

The way you guys over-exaggerate the crisis situation in the East, you will think there are thousands of war ravaged communities and refugee camps littering the East... All this unknown gunmen nonsense is just all political noise, after election all man go retire... no be the same East wey boys dey chop Nkwobi with big stout and isi ewu almost every weekend?

279 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by vedaxcool(m): 8:32pm On Oct 29, 2021
I repeat refugee life is not a good life.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by IgweOfNnewi: 8:36pm On Oct 29, 2021
East isn't hot, just DSS killing security operatives, I am sure they will stop when they equal the record of 1967 to 1970 or surpass it

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by Commentor: 8:38pm On Oct 29, 2021
Pontius Pilate, please lock the state down.

Don't allow the ingrates in.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 29, 2021
Joromi1:

I have one cage at Mowe that I bought for my dog. Unfortunately, the dog died and now the cage is empty. I may be so merciful to let them squat there until IPOB is done killing their village people.

DoggOneDogg, what do you say about my dog cage?

I'm sure he'll be grateful for it. We should be our brother's keeper.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by Fahdiga(m): 8:52pm On Oct 29, 2021
vedaxcool:
I repeat refugee life is not a good life.
So true. Just like those in Benin Republic IDP and Adamawa state IDP

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by EmekaA125(m): 8:54pm On Oct 29, 2021
IPOB ti take over grin grin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by Joromi1: 8:57pm On Oct 29, 2021
TripleOh7:

I'm sure he'll be grateful for it. We should be our brother's keeper.
Wetin man go do na? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by Baawaa(m): 8:59pm On Oct 29, 2021
APC party members will stay and vote,lobatan!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by yyba: 9:00pm On Oct 29, 2021
grin grin grin why are they fleeing grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by edochie12: 9:00pm On Oct 29, 2021
Hmmm,the anambra state were I dey,we are even drinking outside now.

68 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 29, 2021
Joromi1:

Wetin man go do na? grin

Lol grin
Re: Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by brown3: 9:02pm On Oct 29, 2021
TripleOh7:

Turned a whole state upside down. I feel for those innocent citizens fleeing. I hope they get to safety and this madness ends soon.

Meanwhile,

southeast is very peaceful unlike your brown roof republic where more than 100,000 head is been mined everyday. So feel sorry for your brown roof republic.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by hollah123: 9:11pm On Oct 29, 2021
Fahdiga:
Nna I don't understand what is happening for my Ogbe this time around. I think man suppose kpasa for lag for the mean time till Obodo ajuo oyi. Man fit not tinye aru for this Xmas due to what is happening
craze dey worry u,after u scatter your father's house na to run come lag u come dey reason,if yorubas were to b stupid like u to follow Sunday igboho n also turn our land to war zone,where will u run to?

Seeking refuge in d land of the people u hate with passion

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by Amatarasha(f): 9:16pm On Oct 29, 2021
TripleOh7:

Meanwhile,

I was tired of typing my dear

1 Like

Re: Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by Fahdiga(m): 9:17pm On Oct 29, 2021
hollah123:
craze dey worry u,after u scatter your father's house na to run come lag u come dey reason,if yorubas were to b stupid like u to follow Sunday igboho n also turn our land to war zone,where will u run to?

Seeking refuge in d land of the people u hate with passion
Nwanne you won't understand. Ihe kariri akari
Re: Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 29, 2021
Amatarasha:
I was tired of typing my dear

I see. Pele.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by IamWonderful: 9:19pm On Oct 29, 2021
Fahdiga:
So true. Just like those in Benin Republic IDP and Adamawa state IDP
Refugees at Benin Republic can come home but what about those ones send to hell in Anambra, imo, and ebonyi state

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by Reflect7: 9:21pm On Oct 29, 2021
EzeAro:
Another Fake blogging page looking for traffic,

The way you guys over-exaggerate the crisis situation in the East, you will think there are thousands of war ravaged communities and refugee camps littering the East... All this unknown gunmen nonsense is just all political noise, after election all man go retire... no be the same East wey boys dey chop Nkwobi with big stout and isi ewu almost every weekend?

So you're chopping life like this and yet you hate Buhari and Nigeria with a passion?

Wetin dem do you kwanu?

15 Likes

Re: Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by Fahdiga(m): 9:24pm On Oct 29, 2021
IamWonderful:
Refugees at Benin Republic can come home but what about those ones send to hell in Anambra, imo, and ebonyi state
Disappoint me for once by making sense in your next comment

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by Yobabad: 9:26pm On Oct 29, 2021
Just brought my people to ibadan for the main time, since Yoruba Muslims Miscreants have been begging us for unity and one Nigeria the must sacrify the place and land

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by IamWonderful: 9:26pm On Oct 29, 2021
Fahdiga:
Disappoint me for once by making sense in your next comment
Well I think you should face your father first

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by ThatFairGuy: 9:30pm On Oct 29, 2021
Thesame Lagos of Ahmad Bola Tinubu grin
Fahdiga:
Nna I don't understand what is happening for my Ogbe this time around. I think man suppose kpasa for lag for the mean time till Obodo ajuo oyi. Man fit not tinye aru for this Xmas due to what is happening

14 Likes

Re: Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by Fahdiga(m): 9:30pm On Oct 29, 2021
IamWonderful:
Well I think you should face your father first
Incoherent gibberish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra Residents Flee Ahead Of Election by Fahdiga(m): 9:31pm On Oct 29, 2021
ThatFairGuy:
Thesame Lagos of Ahmad Bola Tinubu grin

Shatap grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Colorful pictures as Tinubu lands In Ilorin (PIC) / Major General VT Okoro Traces Chief Sergeant Major CSM To Ibadan / Nnamdi Kanu Has Mental Problems - Abubakar Tsav

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.