Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,470 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose (21071 Views)

Liverpool Without Salah Or Mane / Woman Spreads Her Wrapper For Drogba To Walk On After He Built School, He Dances / Gay Players In Premier League Would Get Respect – Pogba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by abbey621(m): 1:57pm On Nov 02, 2021
DesChyko:

Lol.. You're quite lazy though.
I gave you research never done before; stating objectively why Salah is probably the better individual the PL recognizes, and corroborated by PL itself and you're countering with
1. comeback goals (without any definite count)
2. Drogba's chest (conveniently ignoring that every basic attack originates from the first kick)
3. Rooney Vs Henry (ignoring longevity and main role played) (You forget even Lampard is ahead of Henry)
4. Defoe Vs Owen ignoring longevity

Come to think of it, Drogba is a forward who spent nine 38-game seasons in PL but never managed to score more that 12 goals in seven of them. That's why it's so easy to breeze past him undecided

Use the time you use to code in insults to actually create at least, one solid point devoid of whines. Look at all we have exchanged so far; your submissions are amoeboid at best. So tainted with emotions. You're probably a Chelsea fan undecided. That's only what can account for this wisps of defence you're putting up.

Anyways, this discussion will be fossilized come season end. I'm sure of it.

Didn't you just write in your previous post for us to ignore mentality of the coach and other factors, now you're adding other factors to defend why your stats are skewed and bias?

Come to think of it, Drogba is a forward who spent nine 38-game seasons in PL but never managed to score more that 12 goals in seven of them. That's why it's so easy to breeze past him undecided

Laughable......Another example of using quack stat to defend your position, scoring 12 goals in a team where it is defend first mentality is an achievement in itself. Go and check out Athletico Madrid and the mentality of the coach. Furthermore does your 9 years(8 actually) include the two to three years spent as playing mainly as a sub, does it also consider that half of those years he played less than 28 games in the PL? You see now why it is easy for people to laugh at your so called research?

You try to compose yourself as educated yet you keep exposing yourself, you just made the argument for why we shouldn't consider anything but goals yet bash Drogba for not being able to score as much as someone playing 36-38 games in a season. How do you qualitatively analyze things if you decide to leave all the factors that could skew your data/stats? Your papa's farmland might grow plenty of yams in a year and you use it to compare someone's land that does not yield yam but corn, how is this objective? I could go on and on exposing your flawed thinking but you get the gist, save your analysis for those that don't analyze data for a living grin
Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by DesChyko: 8:38pm On Nov 02, 2021
abbey621:

Go and check out Athletico Madrid and the mentality of the coach.
Since you asked me to go check, I have.
Let's look at the goals contribution of Griezmann then, who played about 5 seasons under Someone. The other options(with fewer seasons) are Costa, Falcao and Suarez if you prefer.

2018/19: Antoine Griezmann (23) - 41%
2017/18: Antoine Griezmann (28) - 49%
2016/17: Antoine Griezmann (23) - 33%
2015/16: Antoine Griezmann (27) - 43%
2014/15: Antoine Griezmann (23) - 35%

Yielding an average of 40% of his team's goals in his stint as Atletico's forward.

Now, Chelsea definitely have way more goals and with Drogba's at 24%, you can now make your point. grin

Furthermore does your 9 years(8 actually) include the two to three years spent as playing mainly as a sub, does it also consider that half of those years he played less than 28 games in the PL?

9 - 3 = 4.
8 - 3 = 5.
9/2 = 4.5
8/2 = 4

Salah on the other hand is about completing his 5th full season for Liverpool. Yet he won't match Drogba's appearance come season end.
But are you indirectly implying that Drogba isn't a regular for his PL winning side? grin
Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by abbey621(m): 9:00pm On Nov 02, 2021
DesChyko:

Since you asked me to go check, I have.
Let's look at the goals contribution of Griezmann then, who played about 5 seasons under Someone. The other options(with fewer seasons) are Costa, Falcao and Suarez if you prefer.

2018/19: Antoine Griezmann (23) - 41%
2017/18: Antoine Griezmann (28) - 49%
2016/17: Antoine Griezmann (23) - 33%
2015/16: Antoine Griezmann (27) - 43%
2014/15: Antoine Griezmann (23) - 35%

Yielding an average of 40% of his team's goals in his stint as Atletico's forward.

Now, Chelsea definitely have way more goals and with Drogba's at 24%, you can now make your point. grin

9 - 3 = 4.
8 - 3 = 5.
9/2 = 4.5
8/2 = 4

Salah on the other hand is about completing his 5th full season for Liverpool. Yet he won't match Drogba's appearance come season end.
But are you indirectly implying that Drogba isn't a regular for his PL winning side? grin

In your attempt to do gra gra and prove me wrong, you ended up using wrong data again, go back and look at griezmann's goals at Athletico for La Liga only, you'll find that you've embarrassed yourself again grin grin grin

I'm not even going to try to take this seriously anymore, it is beneath me. By now you should realize statistics is not your calling, try jester/clown grin grin grin

Here's the link to the correct stat:

https://fbref.com/en/players/df69b544/Antoine-Griezmann
Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by DesChyko: 9:05am On Nov 03, 2021
Oh, you thought those initial numbers were for Drogba's goals only?? His 'chest' was also figured in o grin grin Goal contributions = Goals + Assists nah. That has been around since time immemorial.

Statistics happen to be one of the double major in my first degree so I guess it was my calling after all. Anyways, your error is forgiven grin
Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by abbey621(m): 3:34pm On Nov 03, 2021
DesChyko:

Oh, you thought those initial numbers were for Drogba's goals only?? His 'chest' was also figured in o grin grin Goal contributions = Goals + Assists nah. That has been around since time immemorial.

Statistics happen to be one of the double major in my first degree so I guess it was my calling after all. Anyways, your error is forgiven grin

Oh so Griezmann's numbers were for goals and assists? Clown.....Go and get a refund, your stats lecturers did a bad job grin grin grin
Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by DesChyko: 4:44pm On Nov 03, 2021
abbey621:

Oh so Griezmann's numbers were for goals and assists? Clown.....Go and get a refund, your stats lecturers did a bad job grin grin grin

Don't deflect. You suggested Atletico. Please make the point you were trying to. Griezmann made 40% of his team's goals. Please use it to, justify that of star man, Drogba and his mighty chest for 24% of his team's goals. Brief reminder is that Salah is at 43% of his team goals currently.
Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by abbey621(m): 5:16pm On Nov 03, 2021
DesChyko:

Don't deflect. You suggested Atletico. Please make the point you were trying to. Griezmann made 40% of his team's goals. Please use it to, justify that of star man, Drogba and his mighty chest for 24% of his team's goals. Brief reminder is that Salah is at 43% of his team goals currently.

How can anyone take you seriously when you keep clowning yourself? The 24% for Drogba you used PL goals only but for Griezmann you used what exactly? Certainly not La Liga goals hence you've skewed your own data, whole point of using Athletico was to show you how a defensive minded coach affects strikers goal totals but you had to expose your own flaws so desperate for validation that you supplied faulty data.....My goodness are you just being silly or are you just a terrible statistician?......This is beyond funny at this point grin grin grin
Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by DesChyko: 7:27pm On Nov 03, 2021
abbey621:

The 24% for Drogba you used PL goals only..

No.. The 24% is for his goals and assists since he contributed both to his team's tally. (I already told you this before, yet you missed it)
Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by abbey621(m): 8:06pm On Nov 03, 2021
DesChyko:

No.. The 24% is for his goals and assists since he contributed both to his team's tally. (I already told you this before, yet you missed it)

Uncle you can lie o......Haaaaaa you've managed to decimate the little respect I had left for you....HABA! I took this screenshot once our argument started getting frivolous, you even highlighted it for me......Hide your head in shame my guy and just accept your "L"!

Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by DesChyko: 8:27pm On Nov 03, 2021
abbey621:

Uncle you can lie o......Haaaaaa you've managed to decimate the little respect I had left for you....HABA! I took this screenshot once our argument started getting frivolous, you even highlighted it for me......Hide your head in shame my guy and just accept your "L"!

I'm trying hard not to digress here. I think you've been running away from reality for too long. I clearly told you that before here..
DesChyko:

You see those + in between those two numbers in each row? Separates the goals from assists.
The larger numbers on each row is the team total goals. The percentage is on each side. You can add up and see if the average don't tally with 24%

Now, forget about this L talk and get serious.

What did you intend with the Atletico numbers? As it clearly shows Griezmann taking responsibility for his team's goals. Something Drogba struggled to do half as good as he did.

Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by abbey621(m): 9:48pm On Nov 03, 2021
DesChyko:

I'm trying hard not to digress here. I think you've been running away from reality for too long. I clearly told you that before here..

You see those + in between those two numbers in each row? Separates the goals from assists.
The larger numbers on each row is the team total goals. The percentage is on each side. You can add up and see if the average don't tally with 24%

Now, forget about this L talk and get serious.

What did you intend with the Atletico numbers? As it clearly shows Griezmann taking responsibility for his team's goals. Something Drogba struggled to do half as good as he did.

Wuruwuru to the answer, even when caught you still cannot admit defeat, it's pointless going back and forth. I'm done with you....PEACE!
Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by DesChyko: 9:52pm On Nov 03, 2021
abbey621:

Wuruwuru to the answer, even when caught you still cannot admit defeat, it's pointless going back and forth. I'm done with you....PEACE!

Lol.
Lazy fellow.

All through all numbers were crunched by me.

I even uploaded my manuscript in the last post and invited you to fault them.
This is what you could offer.

How do you live with yourself? Claiming what you are not? Who are you trying to impress?
Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by abbey621(m): 10:09pm On Nov 03, 2021
DesChyko:

Lol.
Lazy fellow.

All through all numbers were crunched by me.

I even uploaded my manuscript in the last post and invited you to fault them.
This is what you could offer.

How do you live with yourself? Claiming what you are not? Who are you trying to impress?

PEACE broda peace.....I know you cannot live with your failure but I'm done....Goodluck with your tomfoolery!
Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by FreeStuffsNG: 1:38pm On Nov 26, 2021
Bodmum:
Drogba, 3ven twice whenever I'm fucking My concubine.
Cc Seun Mynd44 Lalasticlala
Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by Bluesea1and2: 9:04am On Feb 04, 2022
50shot:
Buhari is better
bring that your small neck let me break it

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lukaku Wins The Best Overall Award In Serie A / Ahmed Musa Donates ₦100 Million To 5,000 Widows, Others In Plateau / 25 Years After Samuel Okwaraji Slumped And Died On The Field

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.