Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose (21065 Views)

Liverpool Without Salah Or Mane / Woman Spreads Her Wrapper For Drogba To Walk On After He Built School, He Dances / Gay Players In Premier League Would Get Respect – Pogba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by Angelfrost(m): 11:19am On Oct 30, 2021
Sheggy13:

Stop being sentimental. Sallah as it stands now has better stats overall than Drogba in almost every sense. In the big games that Drogba showed up, he also did. Sallah is not a point man like Drogba but still managed to surpass his EPL goal tally with far lesser number of seasons played (4 compared to Drogba's cool and with almost 100 games less (107 goals in 167 games to Drogba's 104 goals in 254 games). Same Sallah holds the record for the highest number of EPL goals in a 38-game season which he achieved in 2017/2018 season, 32 goals. This is in the same EPL top strikers much better than Drogba like Ronaldo, Suarez and Aguero could not achieve for years. The records speak for themselves not talk of who be mate or whatever.

Give it a rest with these unnecessary Epistles...

No one who knows football will dare bring Drogba's name beside any of today's African stars.

Even Salah will be shocked and scandalized by such nonsense and childishness!!!

Y'all should learn to respect legends. That's how people try to bring Pele to compare with Messi and Ronaldo! For what na?!!

6 Likes

Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by do4luv14(m): 11:19am On Oct 30, 2021
Op is a Liverpool fan
FINITO
Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by omonla10(m): 11:19am On Oct 30, 2021
rickyrex:
I will compare when sallah has achieved what drogba has achieved in his football career. One man who single handedly gave Chelsea their first ever champions league win
how did he singlehandedly do it oo. Lampard, Terry, malouda etc. Drogba was not even d highest champions league scorer that year..

2 Likes

Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by ojun50(m): 11:20am On Oct 30, 2021
Drogba in my dream, when awake and and day any time

3 Likes

Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by Nemesis0147(m): 11:20am On Oct 30, 2021
rickyrex:
I will compare when sallah has achieved what drogba has achieved in his football career. One man who single handedly gave Chelsea their first ever champions league win
you are high...that champion league win was a collective efforts by the team abeg....Petr Cech did a very wonderful job.

2 Likes

Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by lenghtinny(m): 11:21am On Oct 30, 2021
Drogba anytime any day twice on a Sunday

I dislike Chelsea tho

2 Likes

Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by jimtemi1: 11:21am On Oct 30, 2021
When drogba was 29,i will go for drogba...

2 Likes

Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by Jiyke(m): 11:21am On Oct 30, 2021
FuckAllTheMODs:

Trash!

What do you mean by big moment?

Stat wise, he is ahead of Drogba. So what are you saying?
I won't argue this now
I would argue it when Salah retires
Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by omonla10(m): 11:23am On Oct 30, 2021
Sheggy13:

Stop being sentimental. Sallah as it stands now has better stats overall than Drogba in almost every sense. In the big games that Drogba showed up, he also did. Sallah is not a point man like Drogba but still managed to surpass his EPL goal tally with far lesser number of seasons played (4 compared to Drogba's cool and with almost 100 games less (107 goals in 167 games to Drogba's 104 goals in 254 games). Same Sallah holds the record for the highest number of EPL goals in a 38-game season which he achieved in 2017/2018 season, 32 goals. This is in the same EPL top strikers much better than Drogba like Ronaldo, Suarez and Aguero could not achieve for years. The records speak for themselves not talk of who be mate or whatever.
don't mind them. We all watched Drogba. Aside bullying arsenal, was he ever better than etoo. Sallah pass am joor

3 Likes

Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by Vinnie2000(m): 11:23am On Oct 30, 2021
Angelfrost:

These kids of nowadays have no respect whatsoever... It's just disappointing and sad!

Just imagine.

My Brother!
Humans Must Compare, particularly in diz Social media age!

Wizkid vs Davido
Omah Lay vs Rema
Haaland vs Mbappe, etc..

Only dat Salah and Drogba have Very Different playing Styles!
Salah is NOT even a Striker to start with! He is a Right Winger!
So, We can't compare, Really! sad
But human being Must Talk! smiley

1 Like

Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by Sheggy13(m): 11:23am On Oct 30, 2021
Angelfrost:

No one who knows football will dare bring Drogba's name beside any of today's African stars.

Y'all should learn to respect legends. That's how people try to bring Pele to compare with Messi and Ronaldo! For what na?!!
Argue with facts. I laid them before you. I watched both of them play. I'm not a kid born in 90s or 2000s, so I know both what I'm saying.
Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by Jiyke(m): 11:24am On Oct 30, 2021
Nemesis0147:
you are high...that champion league win was a collective efforts by the team abeg....Petr Cech did a very wonderful job.
It was a collective effort no doubt but Didier Drogba was too outstanding

1 Like

Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by akigbemaru: 11:25am On Oct 30, 2021
Disown Drogba any time! He is a soccer GOAT!
Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by FuckAllTheMODs: 11:25am On Oct 30, 2021
Jiyke:

I won't argue this now
I would argue it when Salah retires

Story!

Tell me any big club Drogba scored hattrick against, I want to check something.

1 Like

Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by Prenonjebose: 11:27am On Oct 30, 2021
From the stats, Mo Salah surely. Salah's accomplishment comes as a surprise to many. He went about it in a quickfire, Gestapo way, lol. The league is the same. So, the ground for comparison is fair, if not even skewed against Salah because he plays mostly from the wing.
Considering the number of games remaining in this season, the difference would be miles apart. Sentiments cannot alter facts

1 Like

Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:27am On Oct 30, 2021
Forget the emotional attachment, Sallah is better. Outside the 18 Yard Box, Drogba was often annoying.

2 Likes

Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by FuckAllTheMODs: 11:28am On Oct 30, 2021
Vinnie2000:

My Brother!
Humans Must Compare, particularly in diz Social media age!

Wizkid vs Davido
Omah Lay vs Rema
Haaland vs Mbappe, etc..

Only dat Salah and Drogba have Very Different playing Styles!
Salah is NOT even a Striker to start with! He is a Right Winger!
So, We can't compare, Really! sad
But human being Must Talk! smiley

Both of you are the confused one here, the comparison is valid.

OP said which African forward will you choose?

Both are forward, one is a top striker(CF) and the other a winger but they are both forward(attackers).
Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by TVTKOKO(m): 11:28am On Oct 30, 2021
Mo Salah is good no doubt, but put some respect on Didier's name please
Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by J2381: 11:29am On Oct 30, 2021
Drogba. Any day, any time.

2 Likes

Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by andrewbaba44: 11:29am On Oct 30, 2021
Sallah anyday anytime

Same drogba that cannot average 1 goal in every 2 epl games grin

4 Likes

Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by moscobabs(m): 11:30am On Oct 30, 2021
Simdyofficial:
Make una stop this rubbish. Drogba no be sallah mate..

U dey mind them? How on earth would someone who understands football will choose Salah over Drogba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by Vinnie2000(m): 11:32am On Oct 30, 2021
Angelfrost:

Now, This is OverHyping! undecided
Didier Drogba played when Chelsea was on Fire! The Blues too many Great players around him, Lampard, Malouda, Ballack, Essien, Joe Cole, Arjen Robben, etc..

Salah now is playing for a Great team with a Great Coach!
He has scored Goals against Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, Etc..His UCL Goalscoring records is improving too! smiley

Don't want to Compare, But now You are denigrating Mohammed Salah in your Arguments! sad
Put some Rekspect on his Name, Bro! :

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by johnisaola(m): 11:32am On Oct 30, 2021
You can't compare Salah and Drogba,
Salah is much better than drogba, in so many ways

2 Likes

Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by subcbouy: 11:33am On Oct 30, 2021
Cenripacta:
Seasons are different

* In 2008 I will choose Drogba
*In 2021 I will choose Salah

I don't compare both..where was Salah in 2008
hahaha where was Drogba in 2021 grin make a choice now! and stop standing in between the two.

3 Likes

Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by Haakeem(m): 11:35am On Oct 30, 2021
updatechange:
Salah anyday anytime, drogba to me looks like a lucky player... Salah is real stays hungry for goals always.
drogba a lucky player as how?
Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by Emir01: 11:37am On Oct 30, 2021
Drogba is good but Salah is better.

3 Likes

Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by Vinnie2000(m): 11:37am On Oct 30, 2021
FuckAllTheMODs:

Both of you are the confused one here, the comparison is valid.

OP said which African forward will you choose?

Both are forward, one is a top striker(CF) and the other a winger but they are both forward(attackers).

Agreed dat Both are Forwards! But Salah operates from the Right! He is a Right Winger! smiley
It is like comparing Greenwood and Tammy Abraham on who is a Better forward! undecided
Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 30, 2021
Nemesis0147:

Even Torres with that goal against Barcelona

4 Likes

Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by Irondome1: 11:38am On Oct 30, 2021
Drogba any day any time.
Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by Angelfrost(m): 11:38am On Oct 30, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Now, This is OverHyping! undecided
Didier Drogba played when Chelsea was on Fire! The Blues too many Great players around him, Lampard, Malouda, Ballack, Essien, Joe Cole, Arjen Robben, etc..

Salah now is playing for a Great team with a Great Coach!
He has scored Goals against Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City, Etc..His UCL Goalscoring records is improving too! smiley

Don't want to Compare, But now You are denigrating Mohammed Salah in your Arguments! sad
Put some Rekspect on his Name, Bro! :

Actually, I always respect Salah.... But, comparing him with Drogba who played at a different time, against different set of defenders is not right sir.

I don't compare footballers from different times... It is disrespectful!!! Facts.

I will never compare Okocha and Kanu against Osimhen or Onuachu! I rather compare them to those who played alongside them or who were elite at that time frame... That makes more sense!!!

So, I have done nothing wrong but correct your errors... Compare Salah to his contemporaries and leave legends alone.

Calling Drogba Overhyped is the real disrespect!!!... That equally makes Ronaldo, Zidane, Messi, etc, Overhyped too... They all played and play among elite footballers. cool

3 Likes

Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by Indispensable85(m): 11:38am On Oct 30, 2021
I take drogba any time any day.

1 Like

Re: Salah Or Drogba? Which African Forward In The Premier League Would You Choose by fourboys: 11:41am On Oct 30, 2021
Simdyofficial:
Make una stop this rubbish. Drogba no be sallah mate..
Salah pass am die

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ahmad’s Arrest Not Good For African Football — Adegboyega Onigbinde / Wenger Blocks Summer Move For Henry Onyekuru / Lukaku Wins The Best Overall Award In Serie A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.