Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,918 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Is There Any Evil Attached To Not Paying Bride Price. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There Any Evil Attached To Not Paying Bride Price. (494 Views)

Reasons Women Get Attached To A Man After Sex / Benin: Hooker Seizes Man's International Passport For Not Paying After Sex / Lady Beats Man For Not Paying After Sex (See Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Evil Attached To Not Paying Bride Price. by Kenog4real(m): 6:27am On Oct 30, 2021
Good day people. I don't want to write too much so as not to go off point. Tied the knot recently because it was one of the plans for the year. Also, it's getting cold which might cause an increase in the covid-19 cases leading to a possible lockdown. This was done pending on the time people back home would be ready to go do the necessary things. Though there are few things that are delaying them. Few days after the ceremony, we began to receive calls of complaints from the bride's fam. And some of things said made me ask this question.

Is there anything wrong in what we did because the bride is support and not that I carry person daughter. Also, is there anything bad attached to not paying bride price before tying the knot with someone's daughter? Thanks.

I'm sorry I didn't mention the both parents being aware of the plan before executing it. They were fully aware and OK with it.
Re: Is There Any Evil Attached To Not Paying Bride Price. by Sonnobax15(m): 6:29am On Oct 30, 2021
lipsrsealed
Op,why you solve mathematical Problem by dodging the necessary formula? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Evil Attached To Not Paying Bride Price. by Magnoliaa(f): 6:32am On Oct 30, 2021
Evil, where? undecided

Abegg.

I wonder how y'all get into marriages with all the questions y'all come to ask daily, yet wonder why divorces are high and will be blaming harmless modernization.
Re: Is There Any Evil Attached To Not Paying Bride Price. by Bola146(f): 6:37am On Oct 30, 2021
Yes, its like taking goods from owner's shop without payment, na barawo be that and it's evil/bad to steal. You need to ask the owner the price to pay

8 Likes

Re: Is There Any Evil Attached To Not Paying Bride Price. by Dgoz(m): 6:38am On Oct 30, 2021
Kenog4real:
Good day people. I don't want to write too much so as not to go off point. Tied the knot recently because it was one of the plans for the year. Also, it's getting cold which might cause an increase in the covid-19 cases leading to a possible lockdown. This was done pending on the time people back home would be ready to go do the necessary things. Though there are few things that are delaying them. Few days after the ceremony, we began to receive calls of complaints from the bride's fam. And some of things said made me ask this question.

Is there anything wrong in what we did because the bride is support and not that I carry person daughter. Also, is there anything bad attached to not paying bride price before tying the knot with someone's daughter? Thanks.
A guy, go and pay the bride price. It is something that your people over here can do on your behalf and it's not like it is expensive compared to "Tieing the knot" as you said. Do the right thing without delay.....Go and pay the bride price

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Evil Attached To Not Paying Bride Price. by Godada(m): 6:45am On Oct 30, 2021

Did your people not ask for the list?
Re: Is There Any Evil Attached To Not Paying Bride Price. by Kenog4real(m): 6:55am On Oct 30, 2021
Dgoz:

A guy, go and pay the bride price. It is something that your people over here can do on your behalf and it's not like it is expensive compared to "Tieing the knot" as you said. Do the right thing without delay.....Go and pay the bride price

Lol...that's why I said I didn't want to write too much. One of the major thing delaying is the insecurity shit going in the country because the distance apart is a day journey. We planned providing everything from our side maybe for 4 people, but my family doesn't want it all from us alone since they have their own plan. So we had to chill for them.
Re: Is There Any Evil Attached To Not Paying Bride Price. by Oglock(m): 6:57am On Oct 30, 2021
Irredeeemable Simps Are Useless...All Of Them
Re: Is There Any Evil Attached To Not Paying Bride Price. by dheaven: 6:58am On Oct 30, 2021
Not paying the bride price means you are not married to her yet and she can cheat or marry any other person of her choice without you having the right to complain. What you have done now is just a get together party which anyone can for his or her friend. That N1k bride price is far more valued than the N10million you spent on the party you just did.
Re: Is There Any Evil Attached To Not Paying Bride Price. by HRHQueenPhil(f): 7:47am On Oct 30, 2021
Kenog4real:

I'm sorry I didn't mention the both parents being aware of the plan before executing it. They were fully aware and OK with it.

Since the both parents gave consent, then u are good .
Congratulations
Re: Is There Any Evil Attached To Not Paying Bride Price. by 2ndchildhood(m): 11:18am On Oct 30, 2021
No consequence at all.
But bribe price and traditional marriage rite na im be the Koko,.. its more important than white wedding sef
Re: Is There Any Evil Attached To Not Paying Bride Price. by Cholls(m): 11:54am On Oct 30, 2021
My brother something fishy
Re: Is There Any Evil Attached To Not Paying Bride Price. by Starz825(m): 3:05pm On Oct 30, 2021
Go and ask your fiancee's village people...
Cos it depends on her tribe...
If na those wey no dey joke with bride price...
Guy...I repeat Guy...do the necessary shit on her head... before Dem nak you apako cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Hate To See Young Successful People / Hot Wild & Sexy: Kept My Cookies Intact Till A Bullet Hit Me On My 25th Birthday / Do You Have Any Screenshots To Brighten Up Someone's Day?(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.