Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,001 members, 7,863,596 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:13 PM

Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages (3968 Views)

How Some Men Package For Marriage And Deceive Women / Some MEN Are Just Babies With Big Muscle / What Do Some Men Gain From Sleeping With Other Men's Wives??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by jornwhite: 11:48am On Nov 03, 2021
cococandy:

@bold, why is this necessary? Why is it taboo for a woman to be given credit for her labor?
Why does she have to minimize herself so that outsiders (whose business it isn’t anyway) can assume the husband is the one doing what she’s doing?

If you work under a company, fortunately as a worker you happen to be the goal getter in that company .. who takes the credit @ the end, you as a staff don't have a name other than the company's name. let's bring it to marriage. the woman bear the man's name, hence why her input count in the man's name ... an employee that wants to take credit in public should ensure he/she is self employed wink

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by ImaIma1(f): 12:27pm On Nov 03, 2021
jornwhite:

If our mother & grandmother could singlehandedly raise more children & do housechores with no fast time inventions yet they succeeded & still maintain great body why should one gurl raising just one child in a world filled with inventions complaining about, there is cretch to assist with toddlers, a modern woman has fast time inventions in her kitchens + washing machine somewhere in the house so whats hectic about house chores
are there any inventions out there making hustle easy for men to play their role to wives & kids.

Is it only the men who go out there to hustle and earn income? If the woman can make money to also take care of the family, why can't the man do chores too? ...since it is earning vs chores.

If we want to always bring back our grannies and mothers, we should as well just go back to the olden days generally. You should be going to the post office to post your comments, and abandon your phone.

You cannot be selective of what part of the olden days you want to still.live with.

9 Likes

Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by GboyegaD(m): 1:02pm On Nov 03, 2021
Solosolojohquay:
I accept and agreed the genesis of this problem is create by women themselves I have met many guys who doesn't know how to cook because their mother prevented them from entering the kitchen and their clothes are washed by their junior sisters or house help I once had a friend who is an imam son he can't fry ordinary egg because growing up this are done by the women and his clothes was always washed by the boys that came to learn Qur'an and lived with them

The boys that came to learn Quran and lived with them are lesser than him because he's an Imam's son, right? Religion and hypocrisy in Nigeria are like siamese twins.

9 Likes

Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by GboyegaD(m): 1:10pm On Nov 03, 2021
muheeb01:
There's no big deal in helping or supporting your wife in marriage even with the house chores to reduce the work load,stress or burden,marriage is for compromise and supporting each other through thick and thin...but one thing as a man never be useless husband,you must provide for your home,though there will be moment of up and down in marriage even financially,you an support your husband but it's not your duty and the husband must know that...May God uphold all the weaken homes and provide for the family

Which kind thing you write so? Marriage is no competition and it is about two individuals with one goal. Why try to separate roles or why strive to kill the woman's success if she happens to be a high flyer than you are?

5 Likes

Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by GboyegaD(m): 1:14pm On Nov 03, 2021
jornwhite:

Isnt that the way most women sound like, ground breaking favour when they pay the house bills for few months or save the day by using their personalized money to cook for the family.
It is not a man's role to play "helpmate or kitchen assistant" ..therefore however a man chooses to help is by choice n left to his discretion, that a man chooses to stick to his role is not maschismo, it is default, goan sit down

It still still a self esteem situation. People with the right self esteem marry with a vision which fits into both parties thus, who pays the rent or who does what doesn't matter provided it is done.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by jornwhite: 2:31pm On Nov 03, 2021
GboyegaD:

It still still a self esteem situation. People with the right self esteem marry with a vision which fits into both parties thus, who pays the rent or who does what doesn't matter provided it is done.

lets just stick with the high & low esteem, because i don't think right or wrong can be applied and lets not decieve ourselves every gender subconsciously or not know their roles, even parties of likely minds one will feel shortchanged on the long run, cos nothing stays balance ..
For me its alway a matter of discretion, i can play my partner role as long as i know she is in an handicap situation. fair enough
Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by jornwhite: 2:33pm On Nov 03, 2021
GboyegaD:

lets just stick with the high & low esteem, because i don't think right or wrong can be applied and lets not decieve ourselves every gender subconsciously or not know their roles, even parties of likely minds one will feel shortchanged on the long run, cos nothing stays balance ..
For me its alway a matter of discretion, i can play my partner role as long as i know she is in an handicap situation. fair enough
Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by descarado: 2:48pm On Nov 03, 2021
Hathor5:

I pray God opens your eyes to punctuation.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I just busted out laughing.

5 Likes

Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by jornwhite: 3:00pm On Nov 03, 2021
ImaIma1:

Is it only the men who go out there to hustle and earn income? If the woman can make money to also take care of the family, why can't the man do chores too? ...since it is earning vs chores.

If we want to always bring back our grannies and mothers, we should as well just go back to the olden days generally. You should be going to the post office to post your comments, and abandon your phone.

You cannot be selective of what part of the olden days you want to still.live with.

No one is disputing women don't work or earn income, buh of what benefit is a woman money when she hides it.
A woman is referred to as an helpmate, so if she is providing for the family it still within her duties as a wife, if not define helpmate.
A man is the head, he is the overall brand image, so he can't just do anything except the situation warrant it.
Lets say you return from work with some colleagues .. open the gate n meet ur hubby sweeping the compound, how will you feel ?

that should answer ur question

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by jornwhite: 3:04pm On Nov 03, 2021
cococandy:

You’re an idiot. shut up

see full housewife, aint you suppose to be in the kitchen thread grin grin
Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by pocohantas(f): 3:28pm On Nov 03, 2021
cococandy:

You’re an idiot. shut up

A leopard cannot change its spots. grin

7 Likes

Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by pocohantas(f): 3:30pm On Nov 03, 2021
Arsenate:

That's just like your opinion Poco, and they tend not to hold much weight, at least to me.

Evidence on ground literally point to the contrary.

Will Smith, Nedu the comedian, the deceased young dude whose wife was banging that FCMB don and had him raised kids that weren't his, and tons other men who are wasting hard earned resources on kids that aren't theres could have done with some pills, and will definitely not agree with you.
The thing though, is you and your gang tend to sound so convincing and confidently pretend to know what you are talking about. Misleading many and by and large ensuring that SIMPle men remain SIMPle until it's rather too late.

Not a knock on you guys. Will probably do same if I were in your shoes; I mean who in their right mind will say no to willing donkeys. grin

Tbh, if I could establish the connection between my post, the topic and your response, I would have been able to give a befitting response.

But alas!

This shot is not on target. sad

11 Likes

Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by ImaIma1(f): 3:30pm On Nov 03, 2021
jornwhite:

No one is disputing women don't work or earn income, buh of what benefit is a woman money when she hides it.
A woman is referred to as an helpmate, so if she is providing for the family it still within her duties as a wife, if not define helpmate.
A man is the head, he is the overall brand image, so he can't just do anything except the situation warrant it.
Lets say you return from work with some colleagues .. open the gate n meet ur hubby sweeping the compound, how will you feel ?

How many women hide their earnings from their husbands? Is it only those kind of wives you know? You don't know the ones that contribute 50/50 with their husbands?

So, going by your logic, if she contributes half, he should also do half of the house chores.

It is convenient for you to quote the Bible as it benefits you. As she's a help mate, does he treat her with love and gentleness as the Bible says?

Every family is running as they want. What happens in my household is none of my colleague's business.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by cococandy(f): 3:30pm On Nov 03, 2021
jornwhite:

see full housewife, aint you suppose to be in the kitchen thread grin grin

Is housewife supposed to be an insult?
Am I no longer supposed to be a helper living according to my man’s dictates? Why would you then glorify something one minute and deride it the next?

You’re dumb sha. Kai

11 Likes

Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by cococandy(f): 3:33pm On Nov 03, 2021
pocohantas:

A leopard cannot change its spots. grin

It definitely can’t.

one minute a woman is supposed to be the home keeper as god made her the helper. Then the next minute the title of housewife becomes an insult. All from the same mouth.

Can’t make sense of stupid .

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by Klass99(f): 3:42pm On Nov 03, 2021

5 Likes

Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by Farfalla(f): 3:59pm On Nov 03, 2021
cococandy:

Rabid, unhinged and emotional.
No coco. That's pure "logic" displayed there. grin

6 Likes

Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by GboyegaD(m): 4:21pm On Nov 03, 2021
jornwhite:

Roles are what we define them to be. If we choose to realize no one certain person has a specific role, filing in to fill the role as need be wouldn't make anyone feel less or more of being their gender.

7 Likes

Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by pocohantas(f): 4:33pm On Nov 03, 2021
cococandy:

It definitely can’t.

one minute a woman is supposed to be the home keeper as god made her the helper. Then the next minute the title of housewife becomes an insult. All from the same mouth.

Can’t make sense of stupid .

Agenda must agend na. grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by jornwhite: 4:46pm On Nov 03, 2021
GboyegaD:

Roles are what we define them to be. If we choose to realize no one certain person has a specific role, filing in to fill the role as need be wouldn't make anyone feel less or more of being their gender.

Lets be realistic, roles are statutory relative to nature, altho it is possible to re-delegate roles but bear in mind not all roles can be delegated
You don't have to throw a coin, to know who is suppose to breast feed the baby between couples, likewise couple don't have to roll a dice to know who will change the car tyre when it runs flat, the man discretion kicks.
so what are we re-defining smiley lets just say couples designate, as long as its temporary its fair enough.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by jornwhite: 4:55pm On Nov 03, 2021
cococandy:

Is housewife supposed to be an insult?
Am I no longer supposed to be a helper living according to my man’s dictates? Why would you then glorify something one minute and deride it the next?

You’re dumb sha. Kai

ALOL ! you are not a helper jere ! you are just one woman sitting in the kitchen, getting fat from tasting all food on fire, as if that is not enough you don add baby food to ur tasting .... sha no burst grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by Hathor5(f): 5:18pm On Nov 03, 2021
descarado:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I just busted out laughing.

smiley
Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by jornwhite: 5:20pm On Nov 03, 2021
ImaIma1:

How many women hide their earnings from their husbands? Is it only those kind of wives you know? You don't know the ones that contribute 50/50 with their husbands?

So, going by your logic, if she contributes half, he should also do half of the house chores.

It is convenient for you to quote the Bible as it benefits you. As she's a help mate, does he treat her with love and gentleness as the Bible says?

Every family is running as they want. What happens in my household is none of my colleague's business.

its only online i hear dis 50/50 contribution scrap, my friends are married both females & males .. men are the major providers what their women render is maybe intermediate support, baba folake lemme borrow you money to buy food your children will eat or pay school fee.....e no dey pass borrow grin
Naija women are very selfish when it comes money such that 50/50 can never never work, we are talking of genders that cannot even use there own money to organise birthday, a maga must pay.
We all have access to the bible, quote what favors you as well, how love & gentleness take reach make a whole family head they sweep compound, what happens in ur family is no one business buh today we have so many couples bringing there wahala online disturbing our ears, why

3 Likes

Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by cococandy(f): 5:27pm On Nov 03, 2021
Klass99:
Lmao grin

Coco wetin happen? I saw ''you are an idiot'' and started laughing.

Like, this is not your usual MO nah!
Some people only get it when you’re direct

7 Likes

Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by GboyegaD(m): 5:38pm On Nov 03, 2021
jornwhite:

Lets be realistic, roles are statutory relative to nature, altho it is possible to re-delegate roles but bear in mind not all roles can be delegated
You don't have to throw a coin, to know who is suppose to breast feed the baby between couples, likewise couple don't have to role a dice to know who will change the car tyre when it runs flat, the man discretion kicks.
so what are we re-defining smiley lets just say couples designate, as long as its temporary its fair enough.

Oga, we all have our strengths and that is where communication sets in. For example, my wife can't have a flat tire and call me to change it because she knows I wouldn't change mine. She could call to inform me but she knows too well that she should call road service and that is why we lay for such. Same with ironing, she would gladly help me iron my shirt without me asking because she knows it is something I wouldn't do except I got no choice while I would cook without being asked since we make weekly roaster of meals jointly. So if anyone bothers about that, it is their bother and not ours.

7 Likes

Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by Jman06(m): 5:41pm On Nov 03, 2021
Hyerin:

Men are still stuck in the stone age. They've refused to grow and learn and actually adapt to changes that's why they keep on romanticizing and reminiscing about the past because then, misogyny was the state of things. Women suffered in silence and accepted their lot in life while they enjoyed the deification that came with simply possessing a phallus. Now that those days are largely gone and won't ever come back, they've embraced being perpetually stagnated and angry at the world now that their characters and behaviours are questioned thus, highlighting their inadequacies and deficiencies. They can no longer run under the cloak of "protector and provider" for shield since women work now. They can no longer make it a personality; they now have to actually develop one and this has left them shattered and disillusioned.

It honestly beats me how men's thinking sometimes defies logic yet, they're still afforded the grace of being seen as "logical" even by women. Taking care of a child they helped create is seen as a chore and they feel, they're not as equally responsible. It's asinine the way they treat their seed; a part of them. If they don't want to be responsible for caring for their kids then they should simply not reproduce. A child needs loving and nurturing from both parents and when it's deprived from one side, problems set in. Alot of maladjusted people won't be the way they are if they had loving fatherly figures in their lives. Not one who drops school fees money and feels that's the only requirement needed; the height of parenting. Even when they are actively involved, they think it's praiseworthy. The barest of minimums.
Men should adapt to changes and start doing house chores while women should stick to having the man provide for the family, abi

Until such a time when women would start paying equal bills of the home and stop looking for already made men whom she expects to provide for her, no woman should ever demand a man to do house chores for her. In fact, only a very SIMPle man would come home from the day's hustle and start doing house chores! Unless the man is not the one providing the family's finances, or his wife contributes equally in financing the home, that's the only condition under which a man can do house chores.

I know you'll dislike my opinion above but like those of the other guys up there who are obviously looking for a naïve lady they'll deceive into marriage, but it is what it is. Some of us don't know how to lie to you ladies that is why we'll rather state the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by jornwhite: 5:50pm On Nov 03, 2021
GboyegaD:

Oga, we all have our strengths and that is where communication sets in. For example, my wife can't have a flat tire and call me to change it because she knows I wouldn't change mine. She could call to inform me but she knows too well that she should call road service and that is why we lay for such. Same with ironing, she would gladly help me iron my shirt without me asking because she knows it is something I wouldn't do except I got no choice while I would cook without being asked since we make weekly roaster of meals jointly. So if anyone bothers about that, it is their bother and not ours.

Your life your choice, next time you feel like talking standards, i will engage you.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by Solosolojohquay: 5:58pm On Nov 03, 2021
jornwhite:

Exactly there are some norms that is not acceptable in our society for example by a cork or chicken from a market put rope on it and started dragging it like a goat and watch people reaction

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by Solosolojohquay: 5:59pm On Nov 03, 2021
I mean buy a live chicken from the market put a rope on it and watch people reaction
Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by ImaIma1(f): 7:21pm On Nov 03, 2021
jornwhite:

its only online i hear dis 50/50 contribution scrap, my friends are married both females & males .. men are the major providers what their women render is maybe intermediate support, baba folake lemme borrow you money to buy food your children will eat or pay school fee.....e no dey pass borrow grin
Naija women are very selfish when it comes money such that 50/50 can never never work, we are talking of genders that cannot even use there own money to organise birthday, a maga must pay.
We all have access to the bible, quote what favors you as well, how love & gentleness take reach make a whole family head they sweep compound, what happens in ur family is no one business buh today we have so many couples bringing there wahala online disturbing our ears, why

Where you see this selfish ones is obviously a different place from where I also see the selfless ones. It depends on what our focus is on or what we are looking for.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages by BRATISLAVA: 2:03am On Nov 04, 2021
First they tried culture and it didn't work.
Then they tried religion and it still doesn't work.
Now it's about likening humans to animals to make a point in not wanting to help their wives.

Future women are in trouble. These aren't men. These are escapists. They are not husband material.

Their new mantra is no responsibilities. They look for every rule to twist so that they can do as they please without responsibility.

This is why they wanted women to work, so that they would sit back and have someone giving them money while they can't even care to wash the behinds of their own children. They hid it behind "what do you bring to the table? Are you a productive woman?" and now it's clearly, "how can I suck you dry?"

Kudos to the responders trying to talk to stones. It's been amusing, but at the same time one can see that the logical gender is far from logic.

This jorn guy sounds as robotic/brainwashed as jersahl aka bloodiedsprrrm.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help No One Want To Marry Me But They Want Sex Because I Am A Single Mother / Was Micheal Jackson Really Abused ? / Is My Brother Lusting Over Me????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.