Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground (28151 Views)

Lagos Government Shuts Chrisland School Over Whitney Adeniran’s Death / Government Reacts To Death Of Student At Lasustech Staff School. / Viral Video Of Little Girl During Worship In School Assembly Draws Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by Wokenaija: 8:37am On Nov 01, 2021
Really poor way to treat children.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by TheAlchemist: 8:38am On Nov 01, 2021
kerry57:
Why is our government in all cadre always reacting to the issue and never proacting (proactive) to issues. So without this news u wouldn't have sent officials there on Monday? Can any of u govt officials ever allow ur children study in an environment like this even if it's for a second? NO is certainly the answer.
It's high time u realized that this cloud of rain that is seriously gathering all over Nigeria will certainly rain and that rain will be disastrous, mostly on u people that is not used to a mess like this.

They and their children would be watching the disastrous torrential rainfall in Nigeria via live weather report from Canada, UK, US, Australia etc.
Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by onuman: 8:41am On Nov 01, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Exothermic reaction with no product, is that one a reaction
Endothermic reaction - that’s what it’s.
Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 01, 2021
Mission accomplished!

Top of the day to everyone!

This here is hoping you all had a wonderful weekend.

It's the first of the month and also first working day of the week (at least in Nigeria), and we want you to know that RENDA is still here to deliver all your packages, goods, foods and other items in record time and and with utmost care and safety. Remember, for as low as N900 we can make that same day delivery within Lagos . Our outside Lagos rates are still the best!

Call/Chat us now: 08034679391.
Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by lexy2014: 8:54am On Nov 01, 2021
FutureIsFemale:
It wasn't Sanwo Olu who responded. It was the commissioner for education.

And the response was prompt because the commissioner is a FEMALE.

The commissioner for education is Mrs Folashade Adefisayo. Pls take note of "Mrs" in her name. It shows that she is married which means she submitted herself to a man. It's that submission she learnt that has made her what she is today. Not her rebellion against men.

Even if she wasn't married, she has also learnt to submit to her boss, the governor of Lagos state who is a man. So it doesn't begin and end at being female. It's about knowing what is expected of u as a human being irrespective of gender.

U called her "female". Inside female, am sure you can see that there's male. Inside woman, there's man. No matter how u want it, u are stuck with men.
Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by lexy2014: 8:55am On Nov 01, 2021
observanc1:
are u sure u know what u are saying at all? what is the work of govt?

Yes am sure I know what am saying. Pls what is d work of govt and how does it negate what I said?
Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by lexy2014: 8:56am On Nov 01, 2021
seguno2:

The response was reactive to a disastrous situation that should not have reached that point, if there are enough monitors employed and overall accountability.

Are u quarrelling with d response to d video or are u quarrelling that d state govt didn't do anything about d school?
Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:00am On Nov 01, 2021
SIRRITE:
PROPAGANDA from the haters of yoruba's grin grin

yoruba and shamelessness

the world saw tiwa sawage toto

instead of running away to hide her shame

she goes around talking rubbish to anyone who want to listen
Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by ShenTeh(m): 9:04am On Nov 01, 2021
Thanks to the Lagos State Governemnt for refusing to be infected with the Federal Government's methods of denying everything.

If it were Garba Shehu, Femi Adeshina or any of our Federal Govt bodies that reacted to this media, it would have read something like: 'Fake News, Pupils in Viral Video are from Togo Acting a Skit' or 'IPOB Forces School Pupils to Sing National Anthem in Flood to Discredit President Buhari's Change Agenda for the SouthEast'

BTW that video was very traumatic for me.
Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by femi4: 9:11am On Nov 01, 2021
Amotolongbo:
Enthalpy < 0
Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by Optimist44: 9:33am On Nov 01, 2021
Wiseandtrue:
I love your prompt response!

That's a good one for Sanwo Olu.

To those helping to build the school, more power to you muscle!
I like your positivity WISEANDTRUE. You sounded just as your name. Keep it up. Remains blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by seguno2: 9:50am On Nov 01, 2021
lexy2014:
Are u quarrelling with d response to d video or are u quarrelling that d state govt didn't do anything about d school?

I am not quarrelling at all since there is no need for that.
I am simply saying the world standards for this situation, which is what Lagos governors are using for bus stops, hospitals, bridges etc. Should we not apply the same world standards to schools
Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by nothingbuttruth: 9:57am On Nov 01, 2021
And Lagos the supposed center of excellency has the audacity to post this, to shift the blame or take glory?

Rubbish
Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by one4GOD(f): 9:59am On Nov 01, 2021
Niece:
WONDERTV MEDIA.COM

Previous thread: here

The Lagos State Government has reacted to a viral video where pupils were seen in a flooded school assembly ground, WonderTV Media reports.

In the video, the pupils of primary school age were seen singing the national anthem, knee-deep in murky floodwaters.

However, in reaction to the video, the Lagos State Ministry of Education on its Facebook page stated that the building has been demolished and being built.

The statement reads:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/BqP2BEQ7ccw?

lalasticlala
whether church took the video for whatever reason, but the bottom line is that the school exists, hmmmm.
Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by tollyboy5(m): 9:59am On Nov 01, 2021
FutureIsFemale:

Shey you know sey I don see ur face b4. Lol grin

My mistake was not saving it.
Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by lexy2014: 10:04am On Nov 01, 2021
seguno2:

I am not quarrelling at all since there is no need for that.
I am simply saying the world standards for this situation, which is what Lagos governors are using for bus stops, hospitals, bridges etc. Should we not apply the same world standards to schools

This was your previous comment:

Should the government not employ enough monitors to constantly go around and ensure standards are complied with by the private schools, since the supposedly progressive government has failed to deliver

and below was my response to it:

Of course they should. If u read d state govts response, u will see that d state govt did exactly what u are talking about

you havent been able to negate that so i honestly dont no what exactly it is u are looking for
Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by CaptainFM1: 10:16am On Nov 01, 2021
Mastakija:
So d church blackmailed u or what
I don't understand English

The state was just setting the record straight. The initial post was misleading to making people believe it's government school. But as we can see it's a private school which has since been demolished. The viral video was posted to raise fund for the new building under construction. I guess it was a smart move, even though it's sad and disgusting to see.
Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by kerry57: 10:18am On Nov 01, 2021
TheAlchemist:

They and their children would be watching the disastrous torrential rainfall in Nigeria via live weather report from Canada, UK, US, Australia etc.
That is if they see the route to escape which I believe most of them won't cos they are certainly targets. There children may be abroad but not all the time. Gaddafi and his children are a very good example bro. The rain will certainly touch whoever, wherever, directly or indirectly.
Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by Bankowner: 10:22am On Nov 01, 2021
This response from the State Ministry of Education angers me more. I wonder which church did this preposterous act in the name of fund raising. How sickening can it be to make little children stand in filthy water? Are there no better ways of raising awareness to the deteriorating condition of the school?
Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by FlipModeSquade(m): 10:35am On Nov 01, 2021
SATANlST:
yes the type that will feed your generation cool
If you are Dangote..

Na for your pocket..

Nobody send you market..angry
Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by SATANlST: 10:45am On Nov 01, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
If you are Dangote..

Na for your pocket..

Nobody send you market..angry
u no send me and u dey quote me? take your peasant ass off my mention. if you want money, say it
Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by SATANlST: 10:49am On Nov 01, 2021
larrybabanla:
i am a big fool like my father, it was hunger that killed my father, pls it's a new month abeg help my life
how much u want?
Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by FlipModeSquade(m): 11:54am On Nov 01, 2021
SATANlST:
u no send me and u dey quote me? take your peasant ass off my mention. if you want money, say it
Deluded fellow..

Must be a great feeling being a Nairaland Billionaire.. undecided
Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by BluntCrazeMan: 12:06pm On Nov 01, 2021
“... The video was taken some months ago by a church that wanted to use the video to raise funds for the school. ...”
They raised the funds and squandered the funds..
Now they needed more funds and they released the video again to the public.
Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by MrMacinterchi1: 12:21pm On Nov 01, 2021
Wiseandtrue:

She did a great job shall

But she's still part of sanwo olu's team!
you should have asked her what would have happened if the commissioner was to be a male since she claimed the commissioner delivered because she's a female.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by SATANlST: 12:21pm On Nov 01, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Deluded fellow..

Must be a great feeling being a Nairaland Billionaire.. undecided
hungry peasant
Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by MrMacinterchi1: 12:23pm On Nov 01, 2021
FutureIsFemale:

You're very delusional just that you don't know it yet.
Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by FlipModeSquade(m): 12:25pm On Nov 01, 2021
SATANlST:
hungry peasant
Resident Nairaland Billionaire.. cheesy
Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by FWESHVEIN(m): 12:50pm On Nov 01, 2021
It's not even necessary to join the Assembly ground, they can do it indoors. Pathetic!!
Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by Hallabee1(m): 1:00pm On Nov 01, 2021
Amotolongbo:

Aje...

something must be wrong with your brain, thye school we are talking about is a private school, ok
Re: Lagos Government Reacts To Viral Video Of School Assembly In Flooded Ground by Blackdisciple(m): 1:03pm On Nov 01, 2021
Wiseandtrue:
I love your prompt response!

That's a good one for Sanwo Olu.

To those helping to build the school, more power to your muscle!

There's no sane human on that table that will not respond to this even the devil too will respond, was it by force they had to reside the Song they also used in brainwashing us even as there's water everywhere.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo: Prof Reacts To His Student Acknowledging His Babe In His Project. / Lagos Government Shuts Chrisland School Over Whitney Adeniran’s Death / What I Did To Help My Child Improve In Maths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.