Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1046670 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (630) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by chiada(f): 9:54am On Apr 05, 2022
Thank you so much. God bless.

If you’re a pnp nominee submit schedule 4 and nomination certificate in the additional placeholder when you’re submitting your application. Waiting for ADR will just cause delays.

2. If you’ve had the FD for over a year, you can submit just the certificate alongside pension documents. If it’s less than a year, also submit documents showing how you got the funds for the FD. Then write a few lines explaining what documents you’ve attached just so nothing gets overlooked[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by imarrpopson: 11:07am On Apr 05, 2022
Good afternoon everyone.

Is it possible to work in a company for 16 months but only claim points for the last 12months? I've worked for myself since Jan 2021 but I only stated documenting it(salary, payslips) since April 2021 it is easier to prove from that time). Is it possible I don't include the first 4 months when claiming points and add later when I get ITA. PS: I only need 1 year work experience from this employment.

Another thing is, I submitted a study permit application recently and I included my CV which stated I started my present job January 2021, I hope it won't be misinterpreted if I pick April 2021-Present for EE?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Solidcitizen: 12:18pm On Apr 05, 2022
Please did anyone get responses to webforms raised recently? I've been sending webforms for over 1 month now without any response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 12:31pm On Apr 05, 2022
imarrpopson:
Good afternoon everyone.

Is it possible to work in a company for 16 months but only claim points for the last 12months? I've worked for myself since Jan 2021 but I only stated documenting it(salary, payslips) since April 2021 it is easier to prove from that time). Is it possible I don't include the first 4 months when claiming points and add later when I get ITA. PS: I only need 1 year work experience from this employment.

Another thing is, I submitted a study permit application recently and I included my CV which stated I started my present job January 2021, I hope it won't be misinterpreted if I pick April 2021-Present for EE?
Shouldn’t be an issue imo. You only need to prove 1 year anyway. Just count well to make sure your one claimable year isn’t shorting by even one day. Since they already have your CV, You can always include a LOE for why you ain’t claiming the other 4 months. Better to do this than to be caught looking like you’re telling lies.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 12:35pm On Apr 05, 2022
Solidcitizen:
Please did anyone get responses to webforms raised recently? I've been sending webforms for over 1 month now without any response.
I sent one on 4th Feb, got a response 4th April
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by abrireta: 12:42pm On Apr 05, 2022
Omo!!!! You mean it took 2 months for them to respond to your webform??�����

Allegory:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 12:59pm On Apr 05, 2022
abrireta:
Omo!!!! You mean it took 2 months for them to respond to your webform??�����

Yep on the bright side, I think they act on the web form weeks b4 they even reply so if you want to add something/someone via web form just send the documents via thé first web form, no need sending web form to ask questions first unless you’re ready to wait 2 months for a reply
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by imarrpopson: 1:30pm On Apr 05, 2022
Allegory:

Shouldn’t be an issue imo. You only need to prove 1 year anyway. Just count well to make sure your one claimable year isn’t shorting by even one day. Since they already have your CV, You can always include a LOE for why you ain’t claiming the other 4 months. Better to do this than to be caught looking like you’re telling lies.

Okay. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Solidcitizen: 1:33pm On Apr 05, 2022
Allegory:

2 months later! This is serious. Seems it doesnt make any sense to send webforms for urgent issues then.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrPein: 2:33pm On Apr 05, 2022
Complete timeline as per mails from vfs Lagos:
Feb 18th - Passport arrived Lagos Vfs
March 9th - Passport arrived Accra Vfs
March 9th - Passport enroute to Accra IRCC
March 24th - Passport arrived Accra IRCC
March 24th - Decision envelope sent to Accra vfs
March 24th - Decision envelope dispatched to lagos vfs
April 1st - Decision envelope arrived Lagos and is ready for collection
April 1st - Decision envelope picked up by DHL
April 5th - Decision envelope delivered to me by DHL

Roughly 6weeks altogether

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kompressor: 2:47pm On Apr 05, 2022
MrPein:
Complete timeline as per mails from vfs Lagos:
Feb 18th - Passport arrived Lagos Vfs
March 9th - Passport arrived Accra Vfs
March 9th - Passport enroute to Accra IRCC
March 24th - Passport arrived Accra IRCC
March 24th - Decision envelope sent to Accra vfs
March 24th - Decision envelope dispatched to lagos vfs
April 1st - Decision envelope arrived Lagos and is ready for collection
April 1st - Decision envelope picked up by DHL
April 5th - Decision envelope delivered to me by DHL

That was quite the wait. Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrPein: 3:00pm On Apr 05, 2022
Kompressor:

That was quite the wait. Congrats

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by chadbaby: 3:48pm On Apr 05, 2022
Hey guys, We help you with the hassles of making your Wes payment.
Kindly contact me for your Wes Evaluation payment issues. We'll get it done for you in less than 15 minutes at a good rate. Call or whatsapp 07013024038
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by oluwamitomisin: 4:13pm On Apr 05, 2022
Dimple10:

They should be able to squeeze you in based on the peculiarity of your situation. Pressure them with calls and emails, if possible go there sef.

Is it QLIFE?

No, not QLIFE. The centre is outside Nigeria
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by oluwamitomisin: 4:14pm On Apr 05, 2022
Aibisoye0:
They are supposed to give you the date to come in and not for you to book those dates. My friend has an X-ray issue and had to do Sputum tests they gave him dates. Maybe you email them that it's an additional request and you need a date to come in.

The medical centre is outside Nigeria
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Philtos: 4:42pm On Apr 05, 2022
Hello,

My husband and my little daughter relocated to join me in the states, but they had their medical done in Nigeria before leaving and now all of our medicals have expired.
I have just received a message requesting for another medicals for my husband and my daughter only. like i said, mine is expired as well but I didn't get a request to submit mine. should I go ahead and re do my medicals as well?

Please can any advise me urgently.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 5:16pm On Apr 05, 2022
Philtos:
Hello,

My husband and my little daughter relocated to join me in the states, but they had their medical done in Nigeria before leaving and now all of our medicals have expired.
I have just received a message requesting for another medicals for my husband and my daughter only. like i said, mine is expired as well but I didn't get a request to submit mine. should I go ahead and re do my medicals as well?

Please can any advise me urgently.
Yours has probably been extended like they do for many US applicants, I don’t see why you should bother.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by REDBULL1(m): 5:47pm On Apr 05, 2022
Kompressor:

Bro, have you gotten any update yet?

No oh. Did you submit around the same date as me?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kompressor: 7:31pm On Apr 05, 2022
REDBULL1:

No oh. Did you submit around the same date as me?

I submitted on 15th, Lagos VFS acknowledged on the 16th and I haven’t heard a thing since then
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by abrireta: 7:50pm On Apr 05, 2022
Seems Ottawa VO is awake again. A lot of PPRs today.
Accra and RROC abeg relax people's PPR shocked sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Liispa(f): 8:01pm On Apr 05, 2022
Allegory:

Welcome back, I believe you owe us landing gist. Unless you’re somehow still here with the rest of us lol

Ha I’m sorry
My landing gist is old now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MichaelsonS: 8:08pm On Apr 05, 2022
Hello Naira landers,

I greet you.

I have done ECA since March 2021 and I'm yet to receive a copy from WES. Although I confirmed the evaluation is completed on my WES account, I'm worried because I thought people submit a copy of it with documents after ITA.

Please advise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by KlausMike(m): 8:32pm On Apr 05, 2022
MichaelsonS:
Hello Naira landers,

I greet you.

I have done ECA since March 2021 and I'm yet to receive a copy from WES. Although I confirmed the evaluation is completed on my WES account, I'm worried because I thought people submit a copy of it with documents after ITA.

Please advise.

There should be an electronic copy of your assessment in your Wes profile attached once your evaluation is complete. The electronic copy is what is required when submitting your application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by prex29: 8:56pm On Apr 05, 2022
Hello All,

Please does IOM Lagos always send a text informing clients when their medicals have been transmitted to IRCC?

I had my remedicals done on March 17th and haven't received any text confirming my results have been transmitted.

Any reply wil be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by REDBULL1(m): 9:39pm On Apr 05, 2022
Kompressor:

I submitted on 15th, Lagos VFS acknowledged on the 16th and I haven’t heard a thing since then

We have to wait it out. Nothing one can do. They issued plenty PPR this period, so I think delays like this should arise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrPein: 10:57pm On Apr 05, 2022
PPR GIST

IDP IELTS: One sitting; L8.5R8.5W7.5S7.5
ECA: I used WES to evaluate my MSc
ITA: Oct 2019
AOR: Dec 2019

POF:
I used 100% gift deed from my eldest brother. My dad is late, so he has power of attorney. I opened a fixed deposit with the money. Docs I submitted;
1. Notarised gift deed
2. SOA showing when money entered my account
3. Fixed deposit certificate
4. Letter of non-indebtedness
5. Reference letter from GTBank
6. Bank teller used for the deposit

PCC:
1. Submitted UK PCC
2. For Nigeria PCC, I employed the services of the now famous Inspector Moshood. Nice man. I didn't have to travel. He did it and scanned it to me. My cousin who resides in Lagos later got the hardcopy from him.

EMPLOYMENT:
I used two NOCs
1st Employment: Nysc for 1year. Docs submitted;
1. Reference letter from my school in IRCC format
2. 1 year SOA showing salary inflow which I highlighted with a transparent marker

2nd Employment: For 2years. Docs submitted;
1. Reference letter in IRCC format
2. 6months payslips. 3 from each year

EDUCATION:
Docs submitted;
1. WAEC
2. BSc statement of result
3. MSc certificate
4. IELTS result

******LONG WAIT for almost 2years*****

NO ADR except for two Re-medicals cos medical expired twice
PPR: FEB 11th 2022
COPR: Apr 5th 2022

NB: The reason I submitted extra docs for my employment in addition to reference letters was because the school and company had little or no online presence. So I just decided to add proof of payment. When I ordered GCMS notes, I saw "employer could not be verified through web search". But my eligibility was already recommended passed. And I didn't get any ADRs. Guess my hunch paid off.

Thanks to everyone for all the help and assistance. My prayer is that all those waiting for PPR, ITA or whatever, will get it soonest rather than later. Be patient with a hopeful attitude. All the best to everyone. Cheers.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Immortalregis: 11:04pm On Apr 05, 2022
It’s PPR guys!! I thank members of this thread who have contributed over time because my testimony today is possible ONLY because of Nairaland. I especially want to thank opelia, danfad, rali123 and mamaroon, graciouswords for their support at various times (you might not even remember the help you rendered). Please forgive my grammar, spelling and imperfect story structure. My emotions are all over the place right now!!!!!! grin

SUMMARY
Upfront Medicals: 26th December 2019 (IOM Lagos)
NOC’s: 4031 (primary, paid in cash), and 2174
ITA: 8th July 2020
AOR: 17th July 2020
MEP/BIL: 31st July 2020
RPRF: 31st August 2020

Long silence

ADR: (Re-Medicals, Schedule A, PCC) 8th and 9th March 2022
Remedical: 30th March 2022 (IOM Abuja)
MEP2: 1st April 2022
PPR: 5th April 2022
VO: Ottawa (From GCMS notes of January 2021)

THE GIST
On the 4th of November 2016, I received a standing ovation after my presentation at the colloquium of the National Association of Mathematical Physics (NAMP), MOUA, Umudike. I felt like a rock star! Here I was, with my M.Sc.-In-view., getting commended and advised by some of the big names in the Nigerian mathematical/physics scene. I had fellow M.Sc’s come to take selfies with me and I even had the paper I presented accepted for publication in the NAMP journal. I went back to my base feeling like a king because life was looking up. In spite of the fact that my first degree was a distinctly mediocre 2 2, my department was interested in retaining my services as a lecturer, based on the strength of my performances in my M.Sc. As I had no formal work experience (unofficial graduate assistant duties made up the bulk of my experience), my supervisor advised me to take any teaching position to build my teaching experience while waiting for my university’s offer. I took her advice and got a job teaching mathematics at a secondary school that paid #36,000 per month. Even if things didn’t work out with my alma mater, my employment prospects looked very bright: M.Sc. In Applied Mathematics, just turned 26, programming experience, solid references, 2 academic papers in reputable journals (1 international) and conference presentation experience.
Imagine my disillusionment when by January 2019 and I was still at my 2016 job as the offer from my alma mater never came. To worsen matters, I had gotten invited to exactly 3 job examinations/interviews in the two years since Umudike, even with my very solid profile. I had submitted CV’s to many places in academia and in industry but the offers just weren’t coming.
At this point, I was tired of Nigeria. I wanted out. I began applying to schools in Europe and Australia but it was difficult without an English language proficiency test result.

JAPA MOVES
I realized that I needed IELTS to open up more travelling options for me but I was earning peanuts from my job and side hustles so raising funds for passport and IELTS was a big issue. My parents, concerned about my seeming lack of progress, reached out to me and I explained my plans and limitations to them. They sent me money for IELTS and passport. I got the passport in January 2019 and picked the first available date in April for the exam. I began preparing.

APRIL 2019 (A GLORIOUS MONTH)
IELTS (Academic) results came out LRWS: 9,9, 8.5, 7.5. I used Liz and Jay throughout. That same month, my employment and money troubles dissipated instantly, as I got a job at an international school in Nigeria. (See ehn, money dey international schools). The pay was awesome and I immediately began equipping myself by paying for professional development courses. I needed to make even more money to make my japa plans become a reality. Life was back on track. Out of the blue, I got a call from my aunt who went for Omugwo in Alberta to look into ‘this Canada thing because many people are doing it o’. I didn’t take her seriously because I assumed a teaching license was necessary (Australia’s 189 had put those ideas in my head).

SEPTEMBER 2019 (TREASURE NAIRALAND!!!)
My aunt is one of those people who simply cannot exaggerate. She doesn’t mince words and is as honest as they come, so when she says something is achievable, you best believe it is achievable. She kept disturbing my mother about my migration to Canada and my mum eventually got moved by her persistence and reached out to me. I assured her I would look it up and I decided to come to Nairaland as it was (still is) my go-to place for verifying information. I stumbled on part 5 or 6 of this thread and my mind was blown!!! I couldn’t believe what I was reading. My profile was perfect and the amount of information on this thread was simply incredible. There was only one obstacle: POF. My pay was great but there was absolutely no way I’d save USD10,000 in one year on a teacher’s salary! Once again, my parents came through for me. They sent the money together with the gift deed and I converted everything to dollars (in the days of 360 to a dollar). I read all the landing gists and celebrated all the PPR’s towards the tail end of 2019 and early 2020. I evaluated just my M.Sc. with WES in November 2019, wrote IELTS and did upfront medicals in December 2019. The LRWS (9, 8.5, 8, 8 ) gave me a CLB 10 which put my CRS at 481. WES took longer than usual but eventually came out on the 6th of March 2020. I dove into the pool but COVID happened. We all felt the effects of COVID so I’m not going to talk about that. I followed all the guidelines on this thread (LOE, cash salary certificate etc). Since MEP on Friday, I've been refreshing my inbox cos I felt PPR was coming. I woke up from an afternoon nap and refreshed my mail and there it was.. the golden mail! It has been a real ride and I want to thank the members of this thread. I've waited for 2 years to finally say this so here it goes.... "AND NOW MY WATCH HAS ENDED!"

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mobenjackson(m): 11:40pm On Apr 05, 2022
Dimple10:

At all o...hopefully tomorrow/thursday. did u see the gist about London VO slowing down

Expecting you back. I saw it o. I don jump and pass dem...lol

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 12:49am On Apr 06, 2022
prex29:
Hello All,

Please does IOM Lagos always send a text informing clients when their medicals have been transmitted to IRCC?

I had my remedicals done on March 17th and haven't received any text confirming my results have been transmitted.

Any reply wil be appreciated.
Not always
They didn’t send text or call me but they still transmitted mine.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Philtos: 3:56am On Apr 06, 2022
@Allegory
Are you saying medicals has been extended for those who are in the US? Please can you confirm this.

I have received an ADR but I have not been asked to re do my medicals even though it is now expired. what can I do in this case ? Should I re do my medicals? Has anyone had this situation?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TheLee(f): 4:55am On Apr 06, 2022
Given that health insurance would not cover your medicals, I wouldn’t redo it unless asked.
All my friends here in the US who got PPR didn’t redo medicals (I strongly believe they are extending the medical validity for US-resident applicants). I got an ADR too and there’s no medical request. So I’d hold on unless they say so or you have the money and just want to get ahead of it.

Philtos:
@Allegory
Are you saying medicals has been extended for those who are in the US? Please can you confirm this.

I have received an ADR but I have not been asked to re do my medicals even though it is now expired. what can I do in this case ? Should I re do my medicals? Has anyone had this situation?

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (630) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: patokenneth and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.