Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,761 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1046569 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (630) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2022
Wheww�, I have read and read,I can't find answers to this question I am about to ask.
First is there any lawyer's thread on this fsw.
I have been off chambers for some years,I still do lots of legal work,with my name and seal, how do I go about this reference letter stuff, I be my own boss ooo .
Since I must get a reference letter from a company or firm,with paychecks, how do I go about this����?
I don't have any registered firm or company, except my husband's company that I also work as their legal advisor on financial matters.
It is not a law firm.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrPein: 6:26pm On Apr 07, 2022
Honeysweetest:
Wheww�, I have read and read,I can't find answers to this question I am about to ask.
First is there any lawyer's thread on this fsw.
I have been off chambers for some years,I still do lots of legal work,with my name and seal, how do I go about this reference letter stuff, I be my own boss ooo .
Since I must get a reference letter from a company or firm,with paychecks, how do I go about this����?
I don't have any registered firm or company, except my husband's company that I also work as their legal advisor on financial matters.
It is not a law firm.

Hi
1. If you were working before you became your own boss, you can use that as well so far as it was within the last ten years.

2. Follow this link for documents you're required to submit as per self employed
https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/567#101886861

3. If you were paid by your husband's company and can show proof of that, you can use that as well.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 6:37pm On Apr 07, 2022
MrPein:

Hi
1. If you were working before you became your own boss, you can use that as well so far as it was within the last ten years.

2. Follow this link for documents you're required to submit as per self employed
https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/567#101886861

3. If you were paid by your husband's company and can show proof of that, you can use that as well.
I really appreciate you,I will check the link now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Aibisoye0: 6:45pm On Apr 07, 2022
Lhezy:

I have already sent mine o���... and its taking forever. Do u advice i recall? And which vo is faster for nigerians

When did you send? Has VFS sent to London VO?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by JohnyF: 7:08pm On Apr 07, 2022
kfrosh:
Not gotten yet.

Guess my case is a one-off.

It normally takes between 2 to 5 days, so you can just wait a little longer.

Hi Bro, how's it going? any update on your package yet?
I have been seeing updates about very long delays for people who sent passports to London. The third week for me now, the last update was that it has been delivered for processing and that was two weeks ago. Nothing else since then.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lhezy(f): 7:54pm On Apr 07, 2022
Aibisoye0:

When did you send? Has VFS sent to London VO?

I sent since March 17 it got to london vo on 25th
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by JohnyF: 8:07pm On Apr 07, 2022
Lhezy:

Similar timeline as mine. I sent mine on March 16, got the tracking number on March 23, and it was delivered to IRCC for processing March 24 and I haven't heard anything else after.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Aibisoye0: 9:20pm On Apr 07, 2022
Lhezy:

Same timeline as mine.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by kfrosh: 10:22pm On Apr 07, 2022
Everybody is advised to stay off London. They are not responding to Nigerian's passport because it's not under their jurisdiction. They are presently giving a timeline of 8 weeks or more. Some people have started requesting for their passport to be returned. It's a messed up process already.
JohnyF:

Hi Bro, how's it going? any update on your package yet?
I have been seeing updates about very long delays for people who sent passports to London. The third week for me now, the last update was that it has been delivered for processing and that was two weeks ago. Nothing else since then.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by iReina: 10:53pm On Apr 07, 2022
Hi All,
The last time I was here was in August 2021(part 10 of this thread).
My husband was Inland and I was outland, my medical was expired and I came asking if it was advisable to go for up-front re-medical or wait for IRCC to request for it. Although the popular response here, IRCC customer care, and even the MP's office said we should wait but we decided I'd do it regardless. We've been waiting for 3 months so we felt it was better we had a valid medical at hand. Also, we strongly believed that my expired medical was the cause of the final delay. We were told that the medical exam must be valid for all persons on the application at the time the officer is making a final decision.

Here is our testimony:
September 16 - I did my up-front re-medical.
September 21 - IOM called to let me know my result was okay and they have transmitted it to IRCC
September 24 - Our medical was approved!
September 27 - We received the portal email.
September 27 - We received my passport request.
September 28 - They issued my husband's COPR.

September 29 - I submitted my passport to VFS Abuja (unfortunately). I didn't know about the Accra direct at the time, apparently, an immigrant visa is not issued in Nigeria.

Exactly 6 weeks later (November): My passport arrived.
To the glory of God, I landed and reunited with my husband in November 2021.

Our PR timeline is exactly 1 year, from ITA to Approval.
My attempt to travel started in 2018 and was accompanied by 3 refusals (I have shared all my struggles here on nairaland).

I really appreciate everyone who kept these threads alive and going, by contributing valuably and assisting various strangers. God used you all to make this place available for us to tap into your wealth of knowledge. May you be met at the point of your needs.

Anyhoo... I am a Youtuber and if you are interested in watching me talk about my refusals, struggles, and the impact this whole process had on us as an inland applicant with an outland spouse waiting to be reunited, I have made several videos.

Journey to Canada (untold story) - https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtJbAgELEuxJ7wfygI-ukflMiXnN9iNUw
Relocation vlog - https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtJbAgELEuxJIlcDH-f2AB7o1rbBOHqlY

It looked like it will never happen, but it indeed became a reality.
if you are still waiting, please keep the hope alive and remain positive. It will happen.

Thank you all!

23 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lhezy(f): 11:12pm On Apr 07, 2022
Aibisoye0:

Same timeline as mine.

Is ur vo london too?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lhezy(f): 11:13pm On Apr 07, 2022
JohnyF:

Similar timeline as mine. I sent mine on March 16, got the tracking number on March 23, and it was delivered to IRCC for processing March 24 and I haven't heard anything else after.

London vo too?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lhezy(f): 11:16pm On Apr 07, 2022
kfrosh:
Everybody is advised to stay off London. They are not responding to Nigerian's passport because it's not under their jurisdiction. They are presently giving a timeline of 8 weeks or more. Some people have started requesting for their passport to be returned. It's a messed up process already.

Do u know anyone with a successful passport recall grom london vo?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by kfrosh: 11:28pm On Apr 07, 2022
Only one successful so far, the rest are still hanging. There will be more clarity about this within a week from now.

Lhezy:

Do u know anyone with a successful passport recall grom london vo?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 1:12am On Apr 08, 2022
Lhezy:

Is it safe to recall passport after sending to London vo
Send your passport to the nearest VFS office as stated in the PPR. For applicants in Nigeria VFS Abuja , Lagos and Accra are the nearest . People should learn to adhere to simple instructions. London VFS has its jurisdiction and has decided to focus on applications from areas within its jurisdiction

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 1:17am On Apr 08, 2022
kfrosh:
Nothing messed up about it. People acted out of desperation which backfired. Accra processes in 4 - 5 weeks

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Philtos: 1:51am On Apr 08, 2022
TheLee:
Given that health insurance would not cover your medicals, I wouldn’t redo it unless asked.
All my friends here in the US who got PPR didn’t redo medicals (I strongly believe they are extending the medical validity for US-resident applicants). I got an ADR too and there’s no medical request. So I’d hold on unless they say so or you have the money and just want to get ahead of it.

Hello,
Truly I got an ADR but no request for re med. Have you gotten a response yet since you submitted you ADR? I also was asked to provide all AD that you were asked to provide. interesting! please can you help me make a list of all you submitted. I am in a similar situation as you. Can we connect

My husband and daughter didn't get any closer date for re medicals. we will have to travel from IN to KY. Any advise please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TheLee(f): 3:55am On Apr 08, 2022
- I submitted proof of funds, 6 month bank statement, employment letters, pay stubs, and W2.
- I submitted my work authorization documents indicating I was in the US legally.
- I submitted the filled and signed travel history form and schedule A.
- I submitted the PCC from FBI
- they also wanted proof of my employment back in 2018-2019 from grad school
So letter from supervisor and commitment letters for each semester I worked in school.

They acknowledged submission over a week ago but that’s it. My case is in Ottawa so we’ll see and yh, I’d be happy to connect with you.

Philtos:

Hello,
Truly I got an ADR but no request for re med. Have you gotten a response yet since you submitted you ADR? I also was asked to provide all AD that you were asked to provide. interesting! please can you help me make a list of all you submitted. I am in a similar situation as you. Can we connect

My husband and daughter didn't get any closer date for re medicals. we will have to travel from IN to KY. Any advise please?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Reedahbaby01(f): 5:35am On Apr 08, 2022
grin
iReina:
Hi All,
The last time I was here was in August 2021(part 10 of this thread).
My husband was Inland and I was outland, my medical was expired and I came asking if it was advisable to go for up-front re-medical or wait for IRCC to request for it. Although the popular response here, IRCC customer care, and even the MP's office said we should wait but we decided I'd do it regardless. We've been waiting for 3 months so we felt it was better we had a valid medical at hand. Also, we strongly believed that my expired medical was the cause of the final delay. We were told that the medical exam must be valid for all persons on the application at the time the officer is making a final decision.

Here is our testimony:
September 16 - I did my up-front re-medical.
September 21 - IOM called to let me know my result was okay and they have transmitted it to IRCC
September 24 - Our medical was approved!
September 27 - We received the portal email.
September 27 - We received my passport request.
September 28 - They issued my husband's COPR.

September 29 - I submitted my passport to VFS Abuja (unfortunately). I didn't know about the Accra direct at the time, apparently, an immigrant visa is not issued in Nigeria.

Exactly 6 weeks later (November): My passport arrived.
To the glory of God, I landed and reunited with my husband in November 2021.

Our PR timeline is exactly 1 year, from ITA to Approval.
My attempt to travel started in 2018 and was accompanied by 3 refusals (I have shared all my struggles here on nairaland).

I really appreciate everyone who kept these threads alive and going, by contributing valuably and assisting various strangers. God used you all to make this place available for us to tap into your wealth of knowledge. May you be met at the point of your needs.

Anyhoo... I am a Youtuber and if you are interested in watching me talk about my refusals, struggles, and the impact this whole process had on us as an inland applicant with an outland spouse waiting to be reunited, I have made several videos.

Journey to Canada (untold story) - https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtJbAgELEuxJ7wfygI-ukflMiXnN9iNUw
Relocation vlog - https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtJbAgELEuxJIlcDH-f2AB7o1rbBOHqlY

It looked like it will never happen, but it indeed became a reality.
if you are still waiting, please keep the hope alive and remain positive. It will happen.

Thank you all!

Oh my gosh I know you, I'm a regular and a SUBSCRIBER on your youtube channel, good to see you're a nairalander
and congratulations on reuniting with your hubby. I enjoy watching your vlogs tho

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Aibisoye0: 5:56am On Apr 08, 2022
Lhezy:

Is ur vo london too?

Yeah
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lhezy(f): 7:02am On Apr 08, 2022
Aibisoye0:

Yeah

You wanna wait or recall ur passport?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lhezy(f): 7:04am On Apr 08, 2022
tshtsh:

Send your passport to the nearest VFS office as stated in the PPR. For applicants in Nigeria VFS Abuja , Lagos and Accra are the nearest . People should learn to adhere to simple instructions. London VFS has its jurisdiction and has decided to focus on applications from areas within its jurisdiction

You didnt answer the question.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lhezy(f): 8:06am On Apr 08, 2022
Aibisoye0:

Yeah

Do you plan on recalling ur passport?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Aibisoye0: 9:55am On Apr 08, 2022
kfrosh:

Kfrosh....are you referring to the VFS London or IRCC London. Have you gotten your tracking number now?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by AbakeTT: 12:34pm On Apr 08, 2022
Finally got PPR
Such a long ride
Aor Nov 22, 2019
Remeds Nov, 2021
Adr (baby’s documents) Nov, 2021
PPR April 5, 2022.
FSW - Outland
VO - Ottawa

All the best to everyone.

37 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by D4eva(m): 12:51pm On Apr 08, 2022
Congratulations there.

AbakeTT:
Finally got PPR
Such a long ride
Aor Nov 22, 2019
Remeds Nov, 2021
PPR April 5, 2022.
FSW - Outland
VO - Ottawa

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by canadaishome: 3:02pm On Apr 08, 2022
What's the best way to contact ircc if one is unable to meet an adr deadline please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Gummygummy(f): 3:11pm On Apr 08, 2022
Hello Everyone,

Has anyone paid for their Ethiopian airline flight (via their site) recently using our local credit cards? Been trying to book for a couple of days now but it says payment error after the long haul.
Located an agency who’s giving me the price of the same flight with 20k difference.

Dunno if it’s a card issue(used first bank) and maybe to switch to another card?
Any suggestions? Any help?
Many thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 3:16pm On Apr 08, 2022
Lhezy:

Do you plan on recalling ur passport?

You have been advised by two to three persons to wait it out since you have sent out your passport. Please wait this out, I am sure you waited for months to get RFV mail, waiting out another one months wouldn’t do you any harm. Why do you want to complicate matters for yourself?

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 3:29pm On Apr 08, 2022
AbakeTT:
Finally got PPR
Such a long ride
Aor Nov 22, 2019
Remeds Nov, 2021
PPR April 5, 2022.
FSW - Outland
VO - Ottawa

Congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrPein: 3:31pm On Apr 08, 2022
canadaishome:
What's the best way to contact ircc if one is unable to meet an adr deadline please
Hi
1. Via phone call
2. Send a mail directly to your vo
3. Webform (recent trend shows that this option takes time)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Rapture07: 4:16pm On Apr 08, 2022
Gummygummy:
Hello Everyone,

Has anyone paid for their Ethiopian airline flight (via their site) recently using our local credit cards? Been trying to book for a couple of days now but it says payment error after the long haul.
Located an agency who’s giving me the price of the same flight with 20k difference.

Dunno if it’s a card issue(used first bank) and maybe to switch to another card?
Any suggestions? Any help?
Many thanks

Go and pay in their office. Right now it's impossible to pay using ur naira debit card. Reserve the flight and then go pay in their office

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (630) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: ayodijex(m), doctobani(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.