Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,438 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1044828 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (630) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Francieuche: 3:41pm On Apr 14, 2022
Please I need advice
I got admission to do nursing in New Brunswick
I have a Bsc.Plant Biology and Biotechnology
MSC.Botany
Now some people told me I shouldn't bother to apply for study visa that I won't get the visa,that it is Clear I want to run away so The visa officers would refuse me...I shouldn't bother .... am confused should I decline the admission..pls hear me out...I am not running away
Pls i need input
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Donde: 3:42pm On Apr 14, 2022
Hello All, I had 2 applications running concurrently (FSW and Visitors Visa). After getting PPR for my FSW and sending my passport in late March, I got a request for the payment of biometrics fee for my Visitors Visa which will expire in a few days. I did biometrics in 2020 for my FSW application which they claim has expired and cannot be used for my visitor’s visa application.

At this point, Is it ok to cancel my visitors visa application instead of making the biometrics payment and wait for the return of my passport?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 4:01pm On Apr 14, 2022
felix05:
Congratulations Allegory. May your new home favour you.
I admire how you take your time to answer questions being asked on the forum. Bless you.

Please do you have any travel history?
Visa refusals? USA?
Did you know your VO? If yes which?

Thank you. embarassed

Yes travel history to UK and Dubai. No refusals

VO is CIO Sydney

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Afolavid: 4:20pm On Apr 14, 2022
Francieuche:
Please I need advice
MSC.Botany
Now some people told me I shouldn't bother to apply for study visa that I won't get the visa,that it is Clear I want to run away so The visa officers would refuse me...I shouldn't bother .... am confused should I decline the admission..pls hear me out...I am not running away
Pls i need input

Between you and I, you wan run away abi you no run.? grin No dey disguise my friend, na japa all of us dey. cheesy

On a more serious note, your nursing admission does not show career progression with your previous studies. The chances of you getting an approval is quite slim but not impossible, it all depends on how well you can convince the VO in your SOP but to avoid wasting time, money and accumulating refusals, you can pursue admission in a course that shows career progression instead or a course that's related to your work experience. A PGC/PGD is better, you can visit the Study thread for more info. All the best!

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 4:23pm On Apr 14, 2022
Donde:
Hello All, I had 2 applications running concurrently (FSW and Visitors Visa). After getting PPR for my FSW and sending my passport in late March, I got a request for the payment of biometrics fee for my Visitors Visa which will expire in a few days. I did biometrics in 2020 for my FSW application which they claim has expired and cannot be used for my visitor’s visa application.

At this point, Is it ok to cancel my visitors visa application instead of making the biometrics payment and wait for the return of my passport?

My guess is that you can ignore the TRV since you already have PPR for PR.

I'm surprised IRCC did not already cancel the TRV when they approved your PR app. About biometrics for TRV, you would only be exempt if you had done biometrics before for a TRV (visit or work visa) as well as PR but not PR only: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 5:19pm On Apr 14, 2022
Francieuche:
Please I need advice
MSC.Botany
Pls i need input
try you luck. From this Profile tho its not reasonable. The visa officer may say It’s cheaper to study nursing in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Upwego: 5:29pm On Apr 14, 2022
Hello Nairalanders, loyal reader here...
I just got RFV email like an hour ago
CPC Ottawa
AOR August 2020
I should be rejoicing but body no gree sweet me o because I have been sending webforms (both old and new links) for over 6 weeks informing them I had a baby and I attached all documents required; the 2 IMM forms, birth cert, passport, reciept, Updated POF etc
We got med request in March and I did Upfront for my baby alongside and still sent series of webforms and even emails to Cpc and Cio... Up till now my baby is not reflecting on my CIC profile as dependent.
I have sent webforms and emails to them again with the RFV email screenshot some minutes ago.
Please, what else can I do to get their attention because with IRCC solution no dey too plenty o.
Please ejoor o biko... thank you.
Ps. I love to read PPR gists so I will definitely be sending mine in when the wait is truly over.
Thank you

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by lga23: 5:38pm On Apr 14, 2022
Hello house, Please can anyone point me to how I can send my passport to Accra vfs? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Donde: 5:55pm On Apr 14, 2022
I appreciate your prompt response

GraciousWords:

My guess is that you can ignore the TRV since you already have PPR for PR.

I'm surprised IRCC did not already cancel the TRV when they approved your PR app. About biometrics for TRV, you would only be exempt if you had done biometrics before for a TRV (visit or work visa) as well as PR but not PR only: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by charlesu69: 6:00pm On Apr 14, 2022
Hello House,

Please i just received the attached email and want to confirm if this is PPR.

I particular about step 1 cos i have sent webforms to indicate my newborn and my profile has been updated to include my baby. i also proactively sent all the documents for my baby when my ADR for schedule A, PCC and POF were requested. The status for additional documents currently reads "not applicable". My question is, should i ignore the step 1 and submit all passports?

Also, i live in lagos, which VO would be advisable to send my passports to?

Lastly, there is also a request to take passport photographs at a commercial studio. Any recommendations?

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by icehot: 6:13pm On Apr 14, 2022
charlesu69:
Hello House,

I particular about step 1 cos i have sent webforms to indicate my newborn and my profile has been updated to include my baby. i also proactively sent all the documents for my baby when my ADR for schedule A, PCC and POF were requested. The status for additional documents currently reads "not applicable". My question is, should i ignore the step 1 and submit all passports?

Lastly, there is also a request to take passport photographs at a commercial studio. Any recommendations?

Congratulations

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lotusgoddess(f): 6:34pm On Apr 14, 2022
charlesu69:
Hello House,

Congratulations!! I don't think you need to worry if your baby has been added already. You can send all your passports

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by willyblinx(m): 7:12pm On Apr 14, 2022
Thanks, May the lovely news of PPR continue to flow.

GraciousWords:

Ehn hennn!! See better PPR announcement!!!

Congrats to you & wifey!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by navidennis: 7:52pm On Apr 14, 2022
Please i need your advice i got a rejection mail, key highlight 'I am not satisfied that you meet the requirement(s) under paragraph(s) a) because you have not submitted sufficient evidence to satisfy me that you have at least one year of continuous full-time paid work experience, or the equivalent in continuous paid part-time work experience, in the occupation identified in your application. More specifically I am not satisfied you have provided sufficient evidence to support your employment at ****. As a result, the calculation of your period of skilled work experience has been adjusted accordingly. This adjustment has resulted in a drop in your period of continuous skilled work experience in your primary occupation to a period of less than one year.
How do i appeal as i have several pay slips to confirm my employment status.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 7:55pm On Apr 14, 2022
navidennis:
Please i need your advice i got a rejection mail, key highlight 'I am not satisfied that you meet the requirement(s) under paragraph(s) a) because you have not submitted sufficient evidence to satisfy me that you have at least one year of continuous full-time paid work experience, or the equivalent in continuous paid part-time work experience, in the occupation identified in your application. More specifically I am not satisfied you have provided sufficient evidence to support your employment at ****. As a result, the calculation of your period of skilled work experience has been adjusted accordingly. This adjustment has resulted in a drop in your period of continuous skilled work experience in your primary occupation to a period of less than one year.
is this NYSC

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by navidennis: 7:56pm On Apr 14, 2022
ednut1:
is this NYSC
no the company i am currently working with

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 7:58pm On Apr 14, 2022
navidennis:
no the company i am currently working with
provide the pay slips and bank statements and send them a webform.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tombeck: 8:03pm On Apr 14, 2022
Good evening my nairaland family...

Please I need a guide on the Canada fsw.

Our point is low...

Hubby 35, BSc, MSc, engineering, 5years work experience

Wife 35, Hnd, computer science, 7years work experience.

No personal fund for POF but we have sponsors

Married with two kids.

How can we get a ppr?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by navidennis: 8:12pm On Apr 14, 2022
ednut1:
provide the pay slips and bank statements and send them a webform.
I just pray this works, they should have just asked me for my pay slips.
ednut1:
is this NYSC

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 8:38pm On Apr 14, 2022
navidennis:

Did you provide a ref letter from your employer/supervisor that contains the IRCC requirements in this screenshot from the checklist? If not, perhaps you could do so now, sending multiple webforms and direct emails to your VO as well as uploading it in a placeholder if this was an ADR. If it is a PFL, take it very very seriously.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by navidennis: 8:41pm On Apr 14, 2022
GraciousWords:

Did you provide a ref letter from your employer/supervisor that contains the IRCC requirements in this screenshot from the checklist?
yes i did, i attached my employment letter during my application
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 8:42pm On Apr 14, 2022
tombeck:

Our point is low...

Married with two kids.

How can we get a ppr?

Thank you

At 35, your options are PNP and/or French. Please start by reading page 1 thoroughly.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 8:43pm On Apr 14, 2022
navidennis:

And the employment letter contained everything in the screenshot?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by hizzylife(f): 8:50pm On Apr 14, 2022
Will Canada start FSW draws ever again? This silence is deafening. The wait is not funny again o. I'm so fixated on this process and country. Hope is gradually slipping away. #sigh

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by littyprincess: 8:51pm On Apr 14, 2022
tombeck:

Our point is low...

Married with two kids.

How can we get a ppr?

Thank you
Your hubby should try learning French. It’s hard but it’s doable

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 9:06pm On Apr 14, 2022
navidennis:

Did you have one complete year before you submitted your application or were you hoping to clock one year during application processing? You should first figure out why your VO came to that conclusion before you can address it. If you have bank statements, also send and highlight the first payment and last payment (b4 AOR)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tombeck: 9:06pm On Apr 14, 2022
Okay. Thank you, I will check it.

GraciousWords:

At 35, your options are PNP and/or French. Please start by reading page 1 thoroughly.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by navidennis: 9:08pm On Apr 14, 2022
GraciousWords:

And the employment letter contained everything in the screenshot?
Yes it did, i have two accounts one for my saving and the other is my salary account, the one i provided was my savings account where i have the POF. I think that could have been the reason for this. do i have a chance to appeal this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tombeck: 9:09pm On Apr 14, 2022
� Nhmmm. Thank you

littyprincess:

Your hubby should try learning French. It’s hard but it’s doable
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by navidennis: 9:15pm On Apr 14, 2022
Allegory:
yes i had a complete year before submission
Did you have one complete year before you submitted your application or were you hoping to clock one year during application processing? You should first figure out why your VO came to that conclusion before you can address it. If you have bank statements, also send and highlight the first payment and last payment (b4 AOR)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by emmadeking(m): 9:29pm On Apr 14, 2022
I am waiting for NASU to call off its strick to start my WES. From what I read on wes site, no such thing as WAEC (for B.Sc evaluatton) again but I want to confirm before I proceed. I want to evaluate my B.Sc and PGD.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ChiefVal: 9:44pm On Apr 14, 2022
hello, please since you don’t need to pay for 2-way delivery of your passport, where do you inform them of your return address?

MrPein:

Yeah. You're required to pay the transmission fees. See details below:

This is the process to send your passport to Accra:
Submitting passport(s) to Accra VFS without using Lagos VFS.

Gather all documents required by IRCC and VFS Accra. Including payment teller(s) for the sum of GHC 405 to ( paid per person to vfs GH's account. (See further instruction on addendum 1 below)

Put all documents in an envelope and proceed to DHL or any courier of your choice and pay for a one-way delivery to:

Canadian Visa Application Centre(In Partnership with International Organisation for Migration),
Baptist Convention House,
Abelemkpe Road,
Abelemkpe,
Info.canghaiom@vfshelpline.com
+233 50 129 5270

VFS Global Accra, who will then submit to the high commission.

Addendum 1:
Bank details:
Bank Account name – International Organization for Migration
Bank name – ECOBANK Ghana Limited
Account Branch: Head office
BIC/SWIFT Code – ECOCGHAC
Account Number – 1441000695744
Address;
(cvac operated in partnership with OIM/IOM)

Payment can be made through any family or friend resident in Ghana. There are also agents who can help with this if neccesary.

Other Things to note:
1. Get your tracking number and monitor on DHL tracker till its recieved by Vfs gh
2. Wait for the VFS tracking details— they will give you update on when it will be sent to IRCC and when it will be returned to you
3. Wait for the return of your passport— VFS also uses DHL to return— you don't pay for it, it's included in the GHC 405

Credit: Miredo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (630) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.