Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,661 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1055951 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (632) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by senoraaquila(f): 10:14am On Jun 25, 2022
Goodnew13:
Thank you. What about a situation I request NOUN to send to ETX.NG for delivery alone. Is there a possibility of it been faster?

I used ETX to send to WES; didn't use them to request for transcript. Once my transcript got to ETX, it took 24-48hours for WES to update my profile.
My process was fast - everything took roughly two weeks. Please do the transcript hustle with your school directly and do not use ETX for that. I'd recommend using ETX for just sending alone. All the best!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeus649: 10:59am On Jun 25, 2022
SirKelvegaz:
5 Days till July!

Lol easy bro... its until 6th July
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 11:15am On Jun 25, 2022
Zeus649:

Lol easy bro... its until 6th July

July 1st he moves to 6 days to July 6th grin

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Adex2442: 11:39am On Jun 25, 2022
senoraaquila:

I used ETX to send to WES; didn't use them to request for transcript. Once my transcript got to ETX, it took 24-48hours for WES to update my profile.
My process was fast - everything took roughly two weeks. Please do the transcript hustle with your school directly and do not use ETX for that. I'd recommend using ETX for just sending alone. All the best!

Please explain how u did it. How much u spent . Tanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Johnn44: 12:28pm On Jun 25, 2022
senoraaquila:

Nice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Heritagebib: 1:43pm On Jun 25, 2022
Pls I need help on how I can get my transcript from Unilorin.
Since sch is not in session because of the ongoing strike
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Oncanada: 2:57pm On Jun 25, 2022
Please how are people paying for their IQAS evaluation? I’m stuck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by seniorboy1(m): 3:05pm On Jun 25, 2022
Heritagebib:
Pls I need help on how I can get my transcript from Unilorin.
Since sch is not in session because of the ongoing strike

Hello, you can reach out.

I could help process.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 3:05pm On Jun 25, 2022
Oncanada:
Please how are people paying for their IQAS evaluation? I’m stuck.
dollar card or barter by flutterwave
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aliciatees: 3:16pm On Jun 25, 2022
aijay80:
My sister recieved letter to access pre-lamding services two months ago, and has heard nothing from IRCC since then. Anyone experienced this? Any suggestions on way forward, or is it just a waiting game at this point?

Hello,
that’s usually how passport request comes ooo. She is to follow the steps to send her passport to the nearest VO for stamping.

Please tell her to read the letter again! Should include also step 1 which is inform canada if there is a change in circumstance, step 2: passport requirements and step 3: prepare your documents. You will also get information about pre arrival services as well as height and eye color chat. If these aren’t the case, she needs to call their attention to what she received and what the way forward is.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by senoraaquila(f): 3:44pm On Jun 25, 2022
Adex2442:

Please explain how u did it. How much u spent . Tanks
Using ETX to send to WES, It cost about 5,500naira. For my school, I paid 100usd (bank rate of 36,500) back then cos it was international transcript.
Luckily for me, WES didn't ask for any verification; so it was pretty fast. This was Nov 2020.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kolizomanizo: 6:03pm On Jun 25, 2022
The date just long for my face. The emotional stress no be here.

aurorae1:

July 1st he moves to 6 days to July 6th grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by damselhoney(f): 7:28pm On Jun 25, 2022
Please who has done WES ECA from LAUTECH with the ongoing strike?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Adex2442: 10:25pm On Jun 25, 2022
senoraaquila:

Using ETX to send to WES, It cost about 5,500naira. For my school, I paid 100usd (bank rate of 36,500) back then cos it was international transcript.
Luckily for me, WES didn't ask for any verification; so it was pretty fast. This was Nov 2020.

So u asked yr school to send to ETX and then ETX sent to WES. Okay good.

In a case where WES asks for verification, wat should we do
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aijay80: 11:05pm On Jun 25, 2022
aliciatees:

Hello,
that’s usually how passport request comes ooo. She is to follow the steps to send her passport to the nearest VO for stamping.

Please tell her to read the letter again! Should include also step 1 which is inform canada if there is a change in circumstance, step 2: passport requirements and step 3: prepare your documents. You will also get information about pre arrival services as well as height and eye color chat. If these aren’t the case, she needs to call their attention to what she received and what the way forward is.

This letter definitely does not contain a passport request. Guess it's a waiting game
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ClassicJohn(m): 1:36am On Jun 26, 2022
Vivickybliss:
Good evening house, please did anyone graduate from Ambrose Alli University here? If yes please kindly share how you were able to send your transcript to WES for evaluation. I graduated from there and I'm planning on getting my result evaluated but I don't know how.

As promised when I responded to your inquiry earlier, and for reference purpose too. I will try to share as much detail as possible.

I went to Ekpoma for my transcript application and would advise same for anyone. Except you have someone who you trust to do it for you, just as you would if you were present.

I got the contact of someone in one of the offices at the new administrative building, from a friend who had just completed his application for transcript.

On meeting the man, he asked me to make payment for the transcript application online. Something I could have done at home but chose not to, because I needed clarification on the particular payment to make.

On Ambrose Alli University's alumni application portal, you will find (a) payment for transcript overseas and local (b) verification of result (WES) etc.

You are to pay for transcript, overseas. ...currently at 12,200 not verification of result (WES).

After I made payment online, I returned to the office and 'shook hands' with the connect. He promised to deliver in 3 days. That day, receipt from the online payment was verified OK by 2 offices. It was all going to plan until the man at exams and record was summoned by the school senate. This dragged my application to 13 working days.

He called me when it was ready and gave me the contact of a DHL guy that works with AAU. According to what I was told, AAU accepts only DHL and that guy is the DHL representative at the school. Courier cost 20k

Before the transcript was sent, I requested to get a picture and thank God I did. I noticed that my WES reference number on the envelope was wrong and address too. I quickly drew the attention of the connect who retrieved and rectified it.

I used my tracking number to track document as it moved from one place to another. My heart skipped when I saw one Custom check bla bla. Lol

Eventually, it got to WES on 28th of March. By this time, ASUU was already on strike but it had no effect since non academic staffs were the ones responsible for transcript processing.

After two days, I wrote to WES via my profile to ensure they acknowledge receipt of the transcript. There is this contact us button or help (can't recall) through which one can write them.

They acknowledged receipt of document and the status on my profile changed from 'pending, awaiting document' to processing or so.

About 24 hrs later, profile changed to pending again. This time, they had sent AAU their normal verification email and was awaiting response from the school. Unfortunately, non academic staffs joined ASUU on April 1st.

Evaluation was on a standstill for about two weeks and I decided to try my luck by writing to WES via my profile. I suggested that since the transcript was sent directly, they should be able to move forward with the evaluation. I got a mail about 48hrs later where they stated it is their standard way of operating but they understand my plight. I wish...lol

That's how I waited from April 1st till 3rd week of June. Governor Obaseki's declaration that he banned ASUU and other unions in the state opened my mind to the posibility that the registrar's office might be open all the while.

I contacted someone in Ekpoma to help me confirm if the office was open and report was affirmative. Before now, I had called that connect to see if he could do anything but apparently, oga had left for Benin even before NASU declared strike. Lol

The guy I contacted met someone at the aforementioned office and we spoke. It is at this point that you make payment for (b) stated earlier; verification of result (WES)....I think 5,200. Of course another 'hand shake' took place. I sent my name and DOB to the guy and asked him to tell the man to compare. I have heard stories of disparity in DOB. He confirmed it was correct.

After 2 days, the connect told me he had verified and responded to WES inquiry. Later that day, WES updated my status to 'We are evaluating your document". They sent a mail too stating that estimated time of completion is 21st July.

However, after 24 hours, they sent a mail to inform me that evaluation has been completed I checked my profile and indeed it was. I downloaded the soft copy of the evaluation report and every detail was correct.

My advice at the beginning stems from (1) the lady who despite having a connect there had her transcript stuck for almost a year. Not an isolated case too. (b) my friend applied 3 months before me and is yet to get his done despite having someone who helps him monitor his application. Also, never use residential address when stating where you want your transcript sent. It is a red flag. The best is a school.....especially for those applying for transcript, local.

For graduates between 2015 till date, transcript application is easier as your data is online. It's just a case of spooling it. But people intentionally make it difficult.

As for WES and payment, after creating my profile on their website, someone in Canada, who has been of immense support and guidance helped me make payment. I uploaded my Certificate too.

I think this epistle touched every aspect of "AAU WES marriage."

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by awele186: 3:52am On Jun 26, 2022
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by senoraaquila(f): 7:36am On Jun 26, 2022
Adex2442:

So u asked yr school to send to ETX and then ETX sent to WES. Okay good.

In a case where WES asks for verification, wat should we do
If WES requests for verification, you follow up with your school to ensure they respond. Else, it'll probably get stuck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 7:36am On Jun 26, 2022
aijay80:

This letter definitely does not contain a passport request. Guess it's a waiting game
Might have just been their system acting up.
What email sent the mail? If it’s not one of those ones that start with ‘do not reply’,’ she should click reply and tell them very nicely that she received the email and has finished preparing for the landing services or whatever but still no PPR. cheesy Absolutely nothing to lose and someone might remember her and send PPR. Don’t write a brand new mail, just reply to the one sent and start by quoting your name as per travel document, UCI and application number

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by jasperonyx: 8:37am On Jun 26, 2022
awele186:
Please what are the steps for evaluation of a medical degree for doctors at the Canadian medical board.
go to any part,or start from part 1,you will see Evaluation on medical doctor

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SirKelvegaz: 11:11am On Jun 26, 2022
4 Days till July!

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Denerystormborn: 12:23pm On Jun 26, 2022
Good morning my people. Please i got adr for pcc certificate. I want to upload and its asking me for document number. Is the documemt number the reference number(the one that is alphanumeric or the other number that is like the receipt number). I am a bit confused
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Adex2442: 3:11pm On Jun 26, 2022
senoraaquila:

If WES requests for verification, you follow up with your school to ensure they respond. Else, it'll probably get stuck

Okay tanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dora7891(f): 7:20pm On Jun 26, 2022
Hello all
My question goes as: I have Bsc Nursing (from obafemi awowolo university), that was integrated with RN and they also gave us the opportunity to write the Public health exam, so I have RPHN as well.

I will be evaluating with IQAS. I know I’ll be sending my academic transcripts to IQAS for my Bsc but what about the RN and RPHN? is it also my school that I put as the institution? or is it NMCN and WAHEB respectively that I will put as the institution to send my transcripts/verify my credentials.

Lastly i would like to know if you know if IQAS accepts statement of result in place of the degree certificate as my school is still on strike and I’m yet to collect it. Thank you very much in advance

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by omabiodun: 7:25pm On Jun 26, 2022
seniorboy1:

Hello, you can reach out.

I could help process.

Please I am interested... I have sent you an email already.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 7:27pm On Jun 26, 2022
Clairita:
Thank you. Is it better or faster to write TEF. I want to increase my CRS with either TEF or CIMA. I want to create an EE profile by December (hopefully IELTS) will be done and dusted
I think you should consider writing ACCA F1 to F3 instead of CIMA. It gives the same evaluation report as CIMA. Pass mark is 50 and you need to write just 3 papers. Certificate is issued within 48 hours, transcript to Wes is free. If you studied an accounting related course, you can take 1 exemption and write 2 papers.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by seniorboy1(m): 8:15pm On Jun 26, 2022
omabiodun:

Please I am interested... I have sent you an email already.

Alright.

I will respond.

You can reach out via number on signature also.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Canadahome: 12:00am On Jun 27, 2022
Prettiepearlz:

I think you should consider writing ACCA F1 to F3 instead of CIMA. It gives the same evaluation report as CIMA. Pass mark is 40 and you need to write just 3 papers. Certificate is issued within 48 hours, transcript to Wes is free. If you studied an accounting related course, you can take 1 exemption and write 2 papers.

The pass mark as at 2020 was 50. Did they review it downwards?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 5454Darese: 7:50am On Jun 27, 2022
dora7891:
Hello all
My question goes as: I have Bsc Nursing (from obafemi awowolo university), that was integrated with RN and they also gave us the opportunity to write the Public health exam, so I have RPHN as well.

I will be evaluating with IQAS. I know I’ll be sending my academic transcripts to IQAS for my Bsc but what about the RN and RPHN? is it also my school that I put as the institution? or is it NMCN and WAHEB respectively that I will put as the institution to send my transcripts/verify my credentials.

Lastly i would like to know if you know if IQAS accepts statement of result in place of the degree certificate as my school is still on strike and I’m yet to collect it. Thank you very much in advance

Yes ask your university to send them the transcript also in the area you were to upload certificate just upload and explanation letter that your certificate is not ready and the reason for that and statement of results.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Trumpetcute: 8:09am On Jun 27, 2022
Good morning house,
My express entry profile is supposed to expire on June 26th, that is, yesterday.
And as at this morning, I was still able to view my profile.
Although I made changes to it in October.
Is it that it hasn't expire, and how do I submit a new profile
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by JAkpayen(m): 9:46am On Jun 27, 2022
Trumpetcute:
Good morning house,
My express entry profile is supposed to expire on June 26th, that is, yesterday.
And as at this morning, I was still able to view my profile.
Although I made changes to it in October.
Is it that it hasn't expire, and how do I submit a new profile

You will have to delete the old profile and create another one. It's 12 months old, right?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SirKelvegaz: 9:54am On Jun 27, 2022
3 Days till July!

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (632) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.