Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,163 members, 7,825,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1059554 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (634) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by depair: 8:14am On Jun 29, 2022
please can you give a step by step process for VFS Germany as well as the cost both courier and VFS

sffalenn:
Hey guys, COPR arrived today. Thought to share my timeline (PPR & COPR) as I have found this forum to be a veritable trove of useful info. Might also give @GraciousWords one more reason to celebrate.

PPR Timeline

IELTS: 7th March 2020
ECA: 23rd March 2020
ITA: 25th November 2020

AOR: 1st Feb 2021
MEP/BIL: 15th January 2021
Biometrics: 17th Feb 2021

GCMS Notes: August 2021

ADR Remedicals, POF, Payslips: 4th March 2022
MEP 2: 13th April 2022
ADR Schedule A, PCC: 25th April 2022

PPR: 1st June 2022
VO: CIO/Ottawa then RROC

COPR Timeline

As at the time I got PPR, info on this thread alluded to VFS Germany being one of the more responsive. Followed the directions provided on here and on the VFS site to compile the required documentation.

June 7th: Drop-off DHL HQ for VFS Germany
June 9th: Delivered to VFS Germany

No acknowledgement whatsoever from VFS about receipt so I started to worry about the status of things and sent a couple of emails. Got generic/template replies.

June 21st: Profile update email from IRCC (Counterfoil generated June 20th)
June 21st: Decision envelope received at VFS Germany
June 22nd: DHL pickup initiated
June 24th: Decision envelope collected by DHL
June 28th: COPR delivered

Took 3 weeks from drop-off to delivery.

Many thanks to all the regular contributors. Got most of the needed info by reading and searching through the various parts. (A couple 100 pages left to catch up on the Living in Canada thread :p)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SirKelvegaz: 9:32am On Jun 29, 2022
1 Day till July! cheesy

27 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ChristabelleD: 11:06am On Jun 29, 2022
Graduate school.

Ovywils:

Graduate or post graduate school
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mysha03: 11:33am On Jun 29, 2022
Congratulations, can I get Germany’s vfs email address please

sffalenn:
Hey guys, COPR arrived today. Thought to share my timeline (PPR & COPR) as I have found this forum to be a veritable trove of useful info. Might also give @GraciousWords one more reason to celebrate.

PPR Timeline

IELTS: 7th March 2020
ECA: 23rd March 2020
ITA: 25th November 2020

MEP/BIL: 15th January 2021
Biometrics: 17th Feb 2021

GCMS Notes: August 2021

VO: CIO/Ottawa then RROC

COPR Timeline

As at the time I got PPR, info on this thread alluded to VFS Germany being one of the more responsive. Followed the directions provided on here and on the VFS site to compile the required documentation.

No acknowledgement whatsoever from VFS about receipt so I started to worry about the status of things and sent a couple of emails. Got generic/template replies.

Took 3 weeks from drop-off to delivery.

Many thanks to all the regular contributors. Got most of the needed info by reading and searching through the various parts. (A couple 100 pages left to catch up on the Living in Canada thread :p)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Huqo: 12:02pm On Jun 29, 2022
Please answer, if you can.

Huqo:
Good evening @all,

I created my profile sometime in July (2021). However, since this year, I have not been able to view the status of my application. Anytime I login to my GCkey account, it redirects me to a page that shows "welcome xxxxx' but no option to click on "View submitted application''.

What could be the problem?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeus649: 12:51pm On Jun 29, 2022
SirKelvegaz:
1 Day till July! cheesy

I give it to you bro, you have been really consistent grin

23 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by lahaimi: 1:36pm On Jun 29, 2022
Hi everyone,

Please i noticed my foreign work experience is giving me 25points instead of 50 points unlike last year as i have 3 or more years experience.

My profile expired and am trying to get back in the pool.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by sffalenn: 4:46pm On Jun 29, 2022
depair:
please can you give a step by step process for VFS Germany as well as the cost both courier and VFS

The initial OP already posted the steps

https://www.nairaland.com/search?q=VFS+Germany&search=Search
https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/155#112327938
https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/157#112352791
https://visa.vfsglobal.com/deu/en/can/apply-visa

You'll have to figure out how to pay the transmission fee (EUR 23.30).
DHL courier costs was ~87k. (41+46, to & fro, respectively)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by sffalenn: 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2022
Mysha03:
Congratulations, can I get Germany’s vfs email address please

info.canger@vfshelpline.com, Interpost.canber@vfshelpline.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by lahaimi: 5:29pm On Jun 29, 2022
lahaimi:
Hi everyone,

Please i noticed my foreign work experience is giving me 25points instead of 50 points unlike last year as i have 3 or more years experience.

My profile expired and am trying to get back in the pool.

Thanks

Please anyone
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ovywils: 5:42pm On Jun 29, 2022
ChristabelleD:
Graduate school.

PM me please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ElizbethSeun(f): 7:26pm On Jun 29, 2022
Hello fam, please I'd like to know the most recent requirements and also the steps involved in order for me to apply for Canadian Express Entry. I don't have my masters degree yet, I only have my BSc.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 7:58pm On Jun 29, 2022
ElizbethSeun:
Hello fam, please I'd like to know the most recent requirements and also the steps involved in order for me to apply for Canadian Express Entry. I don't have my masters degree yet, I only have my BSc.
Thank you.

All your questions will be answered in Page 1 of this thread.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by shutupareyouGOD: 8:53pm On Jun 29, 2022
Please can a 1 yr diploma in packaging be used as 2 or more degrees alongside bsc
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Teeores(m): 8:53pm On Jun 29, 2022
Hi all,

I just want to be sure that the Nigeria International Travel Portal is only to be used by inbound passengers. Can anyone please confirm this?

Thank you.

Teeores:
Hello good people,

Please are there any Nigerian forms that need to be completed before arriving at the airport for outland travel to Canada?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tvickie(f): 10:23pm On Jun 29, 2022
Hello everyone, my brother’s PR has been approved and we’re abit confused about the POF. We heard he can be requested to show the POF at the entry point. My question is do we leave the money inside the Nigerian bank account and print along a bank statement showing the money is still there? Or we do cash or what are the alternatives? Someone said he can send the money to me (since I’m in Canada) and we’ll just need to prove we’re siblings but I dunno if that’s a thing. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by seunpinky(m): 10:55pm On Jun 29, 2022
Tvickie:
Hello everyone, my brother’s PR has been approved and we’re abit confused about the POF. We heard he can be requested to show the POF at the entry point. My question is do we leave the money inside the Nigerian bank account and print along a bank statement showing the money is still there? Or we do cash or what are the alternatives? Someone said he can send the money to me (since I’m in Canada) and we’ll just need to prove we’re siblings but I dunno if that’s a thing. Thank you
Leave the money in the Nigerian bank account, ensure that he has access to online banking so he can easily login to the account with his mobile phone at the point of entry.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by o9o9: 11:16pm On Jun 29, 2022
FrenchHome:
Good evening,

I and my family of 5 are travelliing to Canada from Europe for softlanding in July. We will be staying in Ontario. We plan to stay in an airbnb. Can you kindly advice a town close to Toronto that we can stay? Basically a town that has easy access to Toronto and does not have expensive accommodation.

Thanks.

Honestly, No city in Ontario is cheap.

Only cheaper areas would probably be Oshawa, London or Waterloo.

Also it's first Covid free summer so lots of people are moving around and visiting places so competition for places is high.

Check Airbnb prices. They are more than $110 per night on an average. Also note your PR card won't be available until after 6 to 8 weeks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by upkay: 7:09am On Jun 30, 2022
IQAS gives two or more certificates for Bsc and diploma ( in sch of Midwifery or Nursing) certificate. But, WES evaluates it as a Bachelor's equivalence (i.e they does not recognize midwifery certificates).

IQAS takes about 3-5 months (when they have received everything needed from you) to complete their evaluation. But, WES processing time is 35 working days (say like 1 month) to complete your evaluation.

My take is; if you have the time, go for IQAS that would give you what you want as you remember that even a 'single point' counts in this struggle.

Goodluck!

rabola1:
Wes evaluated it as BSc but I had a PGD which is what I added so Wes came out as two or more.

For IQAS, I ended up cancelling it, I read somewhere that they sometimes give two or more and another reason why pple used IQAS was because they don’t do verification unlike WES but they were very slow.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Clairita: 9:14am On Jun 30, 2022
Prettiepearlz:

I think you should consider writing ACCA F1 to F3 instead of CIMA. It gives the same evaluation report as CIMA. Pass mark is 50 and you need to write just 3 papers. Certificate is issued within 48 hours, transcript to Wes is free. If you studied an accounting related course, you can take 1 exemption and write 2 papers.
Thank you so much. Can I start evaluating my B.Sc now and when my ACCA is ready, I can send to WES without additional cost. I really appreciate your feedback
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SirKelvegaz: 9:33am On Jun 30, 2022
6 Days until D-Day!

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 10:44am On Jun 30, 2022
Clairita:
Thank you so much. Can I start evaluating my B.Sc now and when my ACCA is ready, I can send to WES without additional cost. I really appreciate your feedback
If you want to evaluate both at no additional cost, then you must include the ACCA at the point of registration. Otherwise, you will be required to pay additional fee of $100 to evaluate your ACCA once your Bsc has been evaluated.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tvickie(f): 12:38pm On Jun 30, 2022
Thank you
seunpinky:

Leave the money in the Nigerian bank account, ensure that he has access to online banking so he can easily login to the account with his mobile phone at the point of entry.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by upkay: 1:58pm On Jun 30, 2022
cc150615:
Please who has a plug for lautech transcript, the website doesn't seem to be working.

LAUTECH transcript is so easy, just apply online, pay online and fill your bio data with the address you want it to be sent to.

LUATECH will deliver, and they even respond to mail swiftly as soon as the evaluation body contacts them for verification.

Mine took 3 weeks last year I did it.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by pyyxxaro: 2:10pm On Jun 30, 2022
ClassicJohn:

As promised when I responded to your inquiry earlier, and for reference purpose too. I will try to share as much detail as possible.

I went to Ekpoma for my transcript application and would advise same for anyone. Except you have someone who you trust to do it for you, just as you would if you were present.

I got the contact of someone in one of the offices at the new administrative building, from a friend who had just completed his application for transcript.

On meeting the man, he asked me to make payment for the transcript application online. Something I could have done at home but chose not to, because I needed clarification on the particular payment to make.

On Ambrose Alli University's alumni application portal, you will find (a) payment for transcript overseas and local (b) verification of result (WES) etc.

You are to pay for transcript, overseas. ...currently at 12,200 not verification of result (WES).

After I made payment online, I returned to the office and 'shook hands' with the connect. He promised to deliver in 3 days. That day, receipt from the online payment was verified OK by 2 offices. It was all going to plan until the man at exams and record was summoned by the school senate. This dragged my application to 13 working days.

He called me when it was ready and gave me the contact of a DHL guy that works with AAU. According to what I was told, AAU accepts only DHL and that guy is the DHL representative at the school. Courier cost 20k

Before the transcript was sent, I requested to get a picture and thank God I did. I noticed that my WES reference number on the envelope was wrong and address too. I quickly drew the attention of the connect who retrieved and rectified it.

I used my tracking number to track document as it moved from one place to another. My heart skipped when I saw one Custom check bla bla. Lol

Eventually, it got to WES on 28th of March. By this time, ASUU was already on strike but it had no effect since non academic staffs were the ones responsible for transcript processing.

After two days, I wrote to WES via my profile to ensure they acknowledge receipt of the transcript. There is this contact us button or help (can't recall) through which one can write them.

They acknowledged receipt of document and the status on my profile changed from 'pending, awaiting document' to processing or so.

About 24 hrs later, profile changed to pending again. This time, they had sent AAU their normal verification email and was awaiting response from the school. Unfortunately, non academic staffs joined ASUU on April 1st.

Evaluation was on a standstill for about two weeks and I decided to try my luck by writing to WES via my profile. I suggested that since the transcript was sent directly, they should be able to move forward with the evaluation. I got a mail about 48hrs later where they stated it is their standard way of operating but they understand my plight. I wish...lol

That's how I waited from April 1st till 3rd week of June. Governor Obaseki's declaration that he banned ASUU and other unions in the state opened my mind to the posibility that the registrar's office might be open all the while.

I contacted someone in Ekpoma to help me confirm if the office was open and report was affirmative. Before now, I had called that connect to see if he could do anything but apparently, oga had left for Benin even before NASU declared strike. Lol

The guy I contacted met someone at the aforementioned office and we spoke. It is at this point that you make payment for (b) stated earlier; verification of result (WES)....I think 5,200. Of course another 'hand shake' took place. I sent my name and DOB to the guy and asked him to tell the man to compare. I have heard stories of disparity in DOB. He confirmed it was correct.

After 2 days, the connect told me he had verified and responded to WES inquiry. Later that day, WES updated my status to 'We are evaluating your document". They sent a mail too stating that estimated time of completion is 21st July.

However, after 24 hours, they sent a mail to inform me that evaluation has been completed I checked my profile and indeed it was. I downloaded the soft copy of the evaluation report and every detail was correct.

My advice at the beginning stems from (1) the lady who despite having a connect there had her transcript stuck for almost a year. Not an isolated case too. (b) my friend applied 3 months before me and is yet to get his done despite having someone who helps him monitor his application. Also, never use residential address when stating where you want your transcript sent. It is a red flag. The best is a school.....especially for those applying for transcript, local.

For graduates between 2015 till date, transcript application is easier as your data is online. It's just a case of spooling it. But people intentionally make it difficult.

As for WES and payment, after creating my profile on their website, someone in Canada, who has been of immense support and guidance helped me make payment. I uploaded my Certificate too.

I think this epistle touched every aspect of "AAU WES marriage."

Thanks for the breakdown, you’ve done very well

I de enter Ekpoma next week .. WES has sent update to AAU for Verification, it’s almost 3months now , I just tire ... Na me and them next week shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by temmitats(f): 3:56pm On Jun 30, 2022
Hi guys,

Do you think I could use a work reference letter I got in March for my application, at the time I requested for two references one addressed to OINP and another to IRCC. If I request for another from HR it might delay and I want to submit my application as soon as possible.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pateda26: 4:29pm On Jun 30, 2022
temmitats:
Hi guys,

Do you think I could use a work reference letter I got in March for my application, at the time I requested for two references one addressed to OINP and another to IRCC. If I request for another from HR it might delay and I want to submit my application as soon as possible.

Thanks.

IMO, march is okay. You may add recent payslips to cover for any perceived gaps.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by chiada(f): 5:50pm On Jun 30, 2022
Good evening all, I am truly grateful for all the assistance and provided information in making application easy on these platform. God bless us all.
Please I need information on how to navigate the below requests.

1. My husband got a notification to run biometrics for our ongoing application for me and him. Our children are below 18yrs. Thank God, we have been hoping for a response since we submitted our application in April this year. Only our first child was included before submission.

We are trying to add our baby. We have gotten NIN and birth certificate. We applied for international passport through our plug that has been assisting us and he called to inform us that the earliest date he got for capturing is 24th of August. To run medical we will need international passport to book appointment.

Our challenge now is that if we raise a webform for baby notification and they ask us to drop all documents for baby in 30 days, the international passport will be a challenge. If we decide to write a LOE, we don't have a document to back up our claims of capturing in August.

Please what do you advice we do? Do we go ahead and just notify them with just the NIN and birth certificate with an LOE or chill till we capture baby, then get a document which will indicate when the international passport will be ready?

2. My husband's profile will expire on July 14th. Please what do we do? Do we need to create a new profile or just leave it since our application in already been processed. If we need to create a new profile, how do we link it with our old profile?

Looking forward to receiving a positive feedback from you all.

Once again thank you all so much for making this journey easy through our assistance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 7:06pm On Jun 30, 2022
sffalenn:

Hey guys, COPR arrived today. Thought to share my timeline (PPR & COPR).

PPR Timeline

COPR Timeline

Celebration time....Praise time!!!

Congrats! Thanks for dropping both PPR and COPR timeline.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ClassicJohn(m): 7:08pm On Jun 30, 2022
pyyxxaro:

Thanks for the breakdown, you’ve done very well

I de enter Ekpoma next week .. WES has sent update to AAU for Verification, it’s almost 3months now , I just tire ... Na me and them next week shocked

The NASU strike is a factor but AAU na AAU.

Remember say the strike still dey on, even though Governor said otherwise. Approach the concerned office like say you dey seek favour. Make somebody no use you shine cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 7:09pm On Jun 30, 2022
July is here. THANK GOD!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 7:20pm On Jun 30, 2022
chiada:
Good evening all, I am truly grateful for all the assistance and provided information in making application easy on these platform. God bless us all.
Please I need information on how to navigate the below requests.

1. My husband got a notification to run biometrics for our ongoing application for me and him. Our children are below 18yrs. Thank God, we have been hoping for a response since we submitted our application in April this year. Only our first child was included before submission.

We are trying to add our baby. We have gotten NIN and birth certificate. We applied for international passport through our plug that has been assisting us and he called to inform us that the earliest date he got for capturing is 24th of August. To run medical we will need international passport to book appointment.

Our challenge now is that if we raise a webform for baby notification and they ask us to drop all documents for baby in 30 days, the international passport will be

Once again thank you all so much for making this journey easy through our assistance.
number 2. Your profile only expires if you dont get invited. You are no longer in the pool so you are to do nothing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (634) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: yemcoguy(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.