Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1050556 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ViviDum: 11:27am On Jul 04, 2022
Good day Everyone,

Such great work that is being done here as this platform is very informative.

Please i have a question. My husband who is the Primary applicant studied Pharmacy in the University but isn't practicing as a pharmacist but works as a manager in a Pharma Company.

He evaluated his degree with WES and we've joined the pool, would it pose a problem once we get ITA or would we get rejected solely because he evaluated his degree with WES rather than PEBC?

Answers are welcomed, Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NG2CA: 12:31pm On Jul 04, 2022
ViviDum:
Good day Everyone,

Such great work that is being done here as this platform is very informative.

Please i have a question. My husband who is the Primary applicant studied Pharmacy in the University but isn't practicing as a pharmacist but works as a manager in a Pharma Company.

He evaluated his degree with WES and we've joined the pool, would it pose a problem once we get ITA or would we get rejected solely because he evaluated his degree with WES rather than PEBC?

Please do not complicate matters for yourselves. Just do it right once and for all and have your peace of mind.

The Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC) has been designated by the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada to provide Educational Credential Assessments (ECA) for Principal Applicants applying under the “Express Entry for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) and Canadian Experience Class".
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 12:46pm On Jul 04, 2022
ViviDum:

Please read this post from page 1 carefully: https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#107239683

Your husband's degree is irrelevant, as I understand it. What is relevant is what he does now. What is his NOC? If it is 3131, Then read below, if not, ignore. Working in a Pharmaceutical company doesn't make him a pharmacist as you say. What is his job description? Does it match 3131 or some other NOC?

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=681&top=29

If you are a pharmacist (NOC code 3131), where you need to get your report depends on your job.

If you need a licence to practise you must get your report from the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (designated January 6, 2014). This applies to you if you care for patients in a:
*hospital pharmacy
*long-term care facility
*community pharmacy

If you do not need a licence for your job, you can get your assessment from any other designated ECA organization. This includes jobs where you may need a pharmacy degree but may not need to have a licence to practise, such as:
*the government
*the pharmaceutical industry

Contact the regulatory body in the province where you plan to live to find out if you need a licence to practise.

It would seem that he can go with WES if he does not care for patients and will not do that in Canny. It would mean you need to check what applies in the province you plan to land in so you need to be careful what province you select on the application. What if the requirements of the province change mid way through your application and VO did not know that previously a licence was not required and the VO claims your province of choice needs a licence despite his just working in a Pharmaceutical Co, not actually caring for patients

Too much story....if it were me, I would go with PEBC.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Layohrt(f): 1:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
Good Afternoon.

Please can anyone assist me with the contact person number for transcript at madonna university.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ViviDum: 2:11pm On Jul 04, 2022
Thank you for the response. His NOC is 0601 so i believe WES is okay as he doesn't practice as a pharmacist.

GraciousWords:

Please read this post from page 1 carefully: https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#107239683

Your husband's degree is irrelevant. What is relevant is what he does now. What is his NOC? If it is 3131, Then read below, if not, ignore. Working in a Pharmaceutical company doesn't make him a pharmacist. What is his job description? Does it match 3131 or some other NOC?

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=681&top=29

If you are a pharmacist (NOC code 3131), where you need to get your report depends on your job.

If you need a licence to practise you must get your report from the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (designated January 6, 2014). This applies to you if you care for patients in a:
*hospital pharmacy
*long-term care facility
*community pharmacy

If you do not need a licence for your job, you can get your assessment from any other designated ECA organization. This includes jobs where you may need a pharmacy degree but may not need to have a licence to practise, such as:
*the government
*the pharmaceutical industry

Contact the regulatory body in the province where you plan to live to find out if you need a licence to practise.

It would seem that he can go with WES if he does not care for patients and will not do that in Canny. It would mean you need to check what applies in the province you plan to land in so you need to be careful what province you select on the application. What if the requirements of the province change mid way through your application and VO did not know that previously a licence was not required and the VO claims your province of choice needs a licence despite his just working in a Pharmaceutical Co, not actually caring for patients

Too much story....if it were me, I would go with PEBC.

Work experience does not need to match education/degree for FSW. FSW work experience is not about what you studied as a degree, but what you do/did in your job e.g. an Engineering graduate working as a barber must choose the NOC for barbers not engineers. In order to be assigned points under FSW for foreign work experience, you must have performed the actions described in the lead statement, a substantial number of the main duties, including all essential duties of your chosen NOC. Read HERE and HERE for NOC rejection stories.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeewirld: 2:20pm On Jul 04, 2022
FrenchHome:

Thanks. I was not born in France. I fulfilled the 5-year continuous stay as an employed resident. My wife (applied with me) and kids acquired citizenship at the same time.

If you do a 2-year masters in France all you need to do is to live and work a further 2 years and you become eligible to apply for citizenship.
...I am very happy for you.. Congratulations....Just rejoicing thinking of the ease in which your generations and lineage will be claiming Citizenship of three countries as them like... May God bless your hustle

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeewirld: 2:23pm On Jul 04, 2022
braine:

Birthday is in April. I started losing points since last year on this age issue, I guess I have some more time. Lost 10points so far.

Theres no other way except:

1. Claiming 15 points for my step sibling who has a PR (we can't find marriage certificate that binds his mother and my father).

2. Taking French exams for TEF (not an option for me, as may brain cannot carry that right now).

3. Rewiting to max IELTS to get extra 3points for my speaking to raise to 470

I doubt there's anything else apart from these.
..#1 is more feasible and doable. Explore it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeewirld: 2:26pm On Jul 04, 2022
SirKelvegaz:
4 Days until D-Day!
..... I love your drive and tenacity.

Thanks for acting as our timer !

It made some of us to seat up ,re-assess ourselves/options and prepare for the remaining part of the year.

Keep being you

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tvickie(f): 3:05pm On Jul 04, 2022
Hello all, I have come again with my many questions ooooo lol. So my brother’s letter just arrived today and we saw ‘Province of destination as Saskatchewan’ meanwhile we filled all provinces during application. It’s FSW too. We’re confused because the plan is for him to come stay with me in Ontario. Does this mean he has to come into Canada through SK and has to stay there? Thanks for all you do

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Cannytravels: 3:08pm On Jul 04, 2022
GraciousWords:

No issues if the NOC on your old/expired profile is different from the NOC on your new profile. It could be for the reason you just explained, it could even be that the person discovered there is another NOC that better reflects their JD.

You can even change your NOC post ITA if you find that you have previously chosen an incorrect one, see FAQ 26 and 27 on page 1 (so long as you are not PNP whose nomination was directly linked to the previous NOC)
ok thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 3:32pm On Jul 04, 2022
Cannytravels:
Goodevening all, i created a new profile as the old one has expired. However, i logged into my old profile and created a new one from there. The NOC i used in that old profile isnt same with the new one as the previous company has packed up(it was an online company and getting reference letter was going to be very easy) Unfortinately if you click on the old one, it cant be edited as the profile has expired. I'm worried this doesnt cause a problem or seen as misinterpretation. New profile has an entirely different Noc

Forgot to mention, please include the job you are no longer claiming as our primary NOC on your personal history in your new profile (even if it is no longer part of your work history). Don't just remove altogether from your records/history.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ade9k: 4:48pm On Jul 04, 2022
Hello all, pls I need clarification on my work experience. I'm about to create my EE profile and I don't understand how to go about this.

I have work experience in 2 different nocs in the same company.

Aug 2020- Jan 2021 Noc 1422 (skill type C)
Feb 2021 -till date Noc 2171 (skill type A)

I understand that skill type C isn't eligible for the FSW, and I would like to claim points for my current position which is NOC 2171, can I mention this current Noc only in my work experience section and cite the other one (Noc 1422) in personal history?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by imarrpopson: 5:18pm On Jul 04, 2022
Ade9k:
Hello all, pls I need clarification on my work experience. I'm about to create my EE profile and I don't understand how to go about this.

I have work experience in 2 different nocs in the same company.

Aug 2020- Jan 2021 Noc 1422 (skill type C)
Feb 2021 -till date Noc 2171 (skill type A)

I understand that skill type C isn't eligible for the FSW, and I would like to claim points for my current position which is NOC 2171, can I mention this current Noc only in my work experience section and cite the other one (Noc 1422) in personal history?

Thank you

Yes. You are on the right track.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 04, 2022
GraciousWords:

Congratulations!

Studying in France for Citizenship in 5 years is another alternative to Japa, never heard of this! Was your Masters taught in French or English?

Hiya,

I did not study in France. Did my masters in the UK. I only worked in France. If you studied in France the five year rule will be reduced to only 4.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by yeldey: 5:56pm On Jul 04, 2022
braine:

467 actually. I can only keep my fingers crossed right now.

My younger brother score is 461, he is hoping I land before his next birthday to claim 15 points which sums up his CRS to 476. Please, is there hope for 476?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Salientsinmi: 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2022
ednut1:
evaluate your bsc and aat to get two or more degrees with wes, don’t bother evaluating aca as you wont get any points for it.

I need clarification on this, please. Have you seen anyone use AAT? I am asking because AAT is also awarded by ICAN
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 6:20pm On Jul 04, 2022
Salientsinmi:

I need clarification on this, please. Have you seen anyone use AAT? I am asking because AAT is also awarded by ICAN
use the search button. There are many posts on this. I also used aat. Search wes eca aat. Ican aca has no comparable qualification in Canada, hence no points.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 6:22pm On Jul 04, 2022
Tvickie:
Hello all, I have come again with my many questions ooooo lol. So my brother’s letter just arrived today and we saw ‘Province of destination as Saskatchewan’ meanwhile we filled all provinces during application. It’s FSW too. We’re confused because the plan is for him to come stay with me in Ontario. Does this mean he has to come into Canada through SK and has to stay there? Thanks for all you do
not relevant. Can stay anywhere he wishes

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Timmypaul: 6:30pm On Jul 04, 2022
Hello guys I wanna confirm something, can I make use of tef instead of ielts has my language test, I thought it’s not possible since English is our official language. I need a quick response thanks .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by donsimon2(m): 6:33pm On Jul 04, 2022

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 6:34pm On Jul 04, 2022
Timmypaul:
Hello guys I wanna confirm something, can I make use of tef instead of ielts has my language test, I thought it’s not possible since English is our official language. I need a quick response thanks .
no one cares what your official language is. So if an angolan does express entry will he submit Portuguese version of iets/ tef grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tvickie(f): 6:35pm On Jul 04, 2022
Great. Thanks
ednut1:
not relevant. Can stay anywhere he wishes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Timmypaul: 6:46pm On Jul 04, 2022
ednut1:
no one cares what your official language is. So if an angolan does express entry will he submit Portuguese version of iets/ tef grin
Thanks boss I’m only thinking of using tef my tef result came out really good compared to my ielts.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 6:50pm On Jul 04, 2022
@ednut1 on a roll today…

My people una weldone o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Yellowmellow(f): 7:14pm On Jul 04, 2022
Layohrt:
Good Afternoon.

Please can anyone assist me with the contact person number for transcript at madonna university.

Thank you.

Which campus? I only have for Okija. If that’s what you want then send me a message
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Salientsinmi: 8:10pm On Jul 04, 2022
ednut1:
use the search button. There are many posts on this. I also used aat. Search wes eca aat. Ican aca has no comparable qualification in Canada, hence no points.

Wow.. I will check. Thanks for your help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NG2CA: 8:15pm On Jul 04, 2022
Timmypaul:
Thanks boss I’m only thinking of using tef my tef result came out really good compared to my ielts.

If you don't mind, what's your current CRS score with TEF added?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Timmypaul: 8:21pm On Jul 04, 2022
I had 506 with just my tef excluding ielts .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NG2CA: 9:22pm On Jul 04, 2022
Timmypaul:
I had 506 with just my tef excluding ielts .

I don't think that's right. Check again!

That score is certainly reflective of possession of both languages results
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Timmypaul: 9:25pm On Jul 04, 2022
NG2CA:

I don't think that's right. Check again!

That score is certainly reflective of possession of both languages results
it’s together with my partner, she has two or more certificate and she max out well her ielts.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 9:51pm On Jul 04, 2022
GraciousWords:

I agree with Ciwi, 15 points is a lot to leave on the table. If they were legally married, consider going to the registry where they married, to see if a copy of the certificate can be found.

Your parents do not have to be married though, a common law relationship suffices. Check if there are any documents that shows a common law relationship, if they were not legally married but are in a common-law relationship. These are the things that IRCC asks common law applicants to provide, you could replicate for your parents:

*The applicant must submit a Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union form [IMM 5409 (PDF, 636.51KB)] and evidence of cohabitation for a period of at least 12 continuous months.
*Evidence of cohabitation includes but is not limited to
-copies of joint bank account statements;
-copies of leases;
-utility bills.

But you need to pick one, they are either legally married or in a common law relationship not both, I no be lawyer sha.

Also consider retaking IELTS for the extra 3 points. These 2 things can take you to 485.

Thanks a bunch for the advice. We've resolved to go ahead with it. I'll be updating my profile to claim the points

Cc. Zeewirld
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by portablesuzy: 9:58pm On Jul 04, 2022
God day house please how can someone save the proof of funds in dollars as per all these exchange fluntuations in the market. I will appreciate your candid advise

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (631) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.