Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1051343 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (632) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by OyewoleOlus: 11:02pm On Jul 05, 2022
Reedahbaby01:
PS: this just an inquisitive teenager who sees her parents driving around town gathering documents, seeing her mum talking to her laptop preparing for an exam. Ever since I was a child I loved going out of my comfort zone to find out abut something, that's what led me to looking for a website to get infos about what mum does, and then I found nairaland smiley
IELTS - December 2020
WES - September 2019- May 2020
EOI Manitoba- 11th March 2021
LAA - 28th June 2021
Nomination - 7th December 2021
ITA - 10th December 2021
AOR - 30th January 2022
BIL - 16th March  (done 30th March )
Medicals - 27th April 2022
1st GU - 16th March with an ADR
2nd GU-3rd May (ADR changed to Not applicable )
3rd GU- 4th May ( we are reviewing your medical result )
4th GU -20th May (medicals passed)
5th GU - 7th June(most likely security passed as we've called an agent before then)
PPR - 8th June
Family of 5
So I learnt about my parents' plan for relocation in 2019 but I didn't do my research then, because it wasn't in top gear yet, 2019 was just for WES
So my mum sat for IELTS in December, I didn't really know much bit I kept on praying God should let my mum pass the exams as it would make her happy
Meanwhile, In November, something really tragic happened to us, some thugs came to destroy the house we lived in claiming "they won the case of the house" in court
My mum's result came out, it wasn't what she really expected I can't really remember but she used the results to check her CRS score, it stood at 395
(she's in her early 40s with a masters and PhD in view, my dad had a masters)
My dad's brother encouraged us to continue looking into pnp programs, so when my mum had done tons of research she found out about Manitoba, my dad isn't really that close to his cousin ( Yoruba family wahala) but he reached out to her she agreed with an open heart, at this point I thought about why my dad doesn't really talk to her , she's a pure angel, it was at this point I found nairaland, i was in ss2 then  ( I had found it before it before when I was doing an assignment but I didn't understand the page because it loads too slowly and I wasn't a patient person grin so I left it)
I came here to read gists as I was a story lover, when nobody posts anything I would go to part 9, part 8,.... to read ppr gists, landing gists and all grin
To be honest I learnt everything I know about PR on nairaland
When Manitoba eventually gave us LAA my mum wasn't ready because she has seen alot of cases of rejections, my dad's brother called and said  ( do you want to loose this opportunity as Manitoba just opened the family stream after stopping people from coming in through that stream since 2019)
My mum decided to accept oo after my dad persuaded her then GHAM! !!, she saw PROFILE INELIGIBLE staring at her in the face, panic mode activated, she went from one group to another to ask for enquiries, thank goodness Manitoba was lenient, we submitted, after submission we found out my mum made a mistake with the day my dad's cousin became a PR, we submitted an LOE, my mum would call me and say see RECIEVED ,MPNP applicants will under grin
On a fateful day oo that's how my dad recieved a call from a private number, my dad doesn't receive calls while driving o, but somehow he picked this one thinking it was his brother in the UK, to tell him he'll call back, because he's always busy and has little time to call my dad, then Lo and Behold it was from Manitoba , my dad was shaking as per oyinbo voice grin then this conversation ensued:
VO:This is ****** from Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program
Dad: ok how can I help you
VO:this is regarding your application, your date of birth for me to be sure it's you
Dad : *****
VO: asked a question I couldn't hear because of the craziness on Nigerian roads, i was Scared to my bones, so was my mum
Dad : I'm driving right now can you call back?
VO: Why did you pick up the call in the first place  ( gen gen)
( deep down u trusted my dad would give her a good response)
Dad: I was expecting an important call
VO : OK then, is this time ok tomorrow
Dad : of course
The next day
VO called my dad answered well, we were scared that telling them about having a relative in another province would count against us bit it didn't,  the vo just asked why we chose manitoba over Alberta since my dad's brother was there ( again my daddy no dey disappoint)
Then we got one minor ADR to submit a clearer version of my dad's cousin's birth certificate
Around November or December  ( can't remember) My dad's cousin got a call from the VO
Amidst all these, my mum defended her thesis in August and did her convocation ion November after ASUU wahala
Then Boom!!! Nomination came in 7th December
ITA came 10th December
My mum's birthday was 12th December *talk about best birthday gift...*
We sef knew something has happened in our family the way, my mum bought surplus things ehn, to cap it all my mum's friends came to surprise us for her birthday, with her kids who are my age mates, we sha backed an almost  disastrous cake grin
POF wahala it was a lump sum, which was gotten from selling my dad's assets Manitoba accepted it (God's grace) but we didn't want to risk it, we were advised to put it in fixed deposit, which we did, and we'll still get interest sef grin
Let's just say this delayed our submission, se we submitted by January 30th
We didn't do upfront medicals, sometimes my mum would come to my room and start fantasising about how Canada will be for us, me that is looking for ways ppr will drop before WAEC starts grin
So BIL came on March 16th but we couldn't go immediately  ( I was writing my mock exams) that was when we thought we would be rejected we submitted ADR for IMM7455e via webform instead instead of on the placeholder in our profile, Thank goodness someone posted about it, but thank god a vo hasn't checked our profile ever since bil was issued, the space showed overdue but we were able to upload it still
we went on March 30th
April came people started receiving PPR  in 2022 groups ( ahh who say make we no do upfront medicals naa)
We booked for April 27th few days after my birthday, ( which I didn't like because I could have skipped blood test few days ago grin I don't like needles biko) after so much webforms and mails gotten from people from different groups we got a ghost update on EID UL FITR day ( day after fasting ended)
Then the second day another ghost update Medicals have been added to our profile, then on 20th May Medicals passed  ( celebration galore )
in our mind ppr should drop the next day (we called an agent, only security remaining to be passed,  medicals in progress )
week 1 went no ppr, week 2, we no see ( father lord, we dey here naa)
I KNOW WE SHOULDN'T BE WORRIED BECAUSE OF THE 2019, 2020 AND 2021 PEEPS, BUT THERE'S A FEELING WHEN YOUR AOR MATES ARE GETTING UPDATES AND YOU'RE STAGNANT, WE ALREADY HAD IT IN MIND THAT WE'LL JUST WAIT PATIENTLY BECAUSE THERE ARE OLDER AORS WAITING ( BUT IRCC fvvcked up) Issuance of ppr is meant to have a direction  ( we aren't supposed to be totally blinded with selfishness, we should be considerate, NO OFFENSE)
So fast forward to June 7th, another ghost update, we waited that night and didn't sleep (the whole family oo because at this point my brothers already knew what was going on since we went for medicals grin) everyone fell asleep in the living room
Lo and Behold after a very tough exam(chemistry ), God knew I needed something to cool off, my dad just told me when he came to pick me after r the exams that PPR has dropped, my classmates were looking at me like after an exam that was so tough I was jubilating , I couldn't talk oo grin
Everyone wrote Jamb, me I no write it's only my best friend that knows  ( Order from my Nigerian parents grin)
Thank you everyone for all you do, I've never seen so many Nigerians come together, to help each other without knowing each other before in my entire life
thanks for all you do
it shall end in praise for all of us
PS :I didn't proof read o, no vex
I still have 3 papers to go before I finish my exams, so I just typed this in appreciation
Strongly waiting for FSW draws to resume, when there was still fsw draws, nairaland was really fun, testimonies upandan, banters everywhere
before IRCC give us breakfast
Sorry for the long post I'm a natural talkative grin

@Reedahbaby01 please can you add me to a whatsapp group that can help with alberta nomination program. Here is my number 08087961977, thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dennyjuff: 11:49pm On Jul 05, 2022
Guys abeg if my kid has a US passport with no nigerian passport … would it be a problem at the airport when we are leaving to canada as Permanent residents ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 6:04am On Jul 06, 2022
D-DAY!

Que Sera Sera

29 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by madayaya: 6:31am On Jul 06, 2022
Let’s play a game! Predict CRS score and number of ITA to be issued. I go first 510, 4500

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 7:27am On Jul 06, 2022
madayaya:
Let’s play a game! Predict CRS score and number of ITA to be issued. I go first 510, 4500
490 - 13,000

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by exmaysn12000: 7:36am On Jul 06, 2022
It's a new dawn, congratulations to new ITAians today.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NaijaFutbol: 8:00am On Jul 06, 2022
Dennyjuff:
Guys abeg if my kid has a US passport with no nigerian passport … would it be a problem at the airport when we are leaving to canada as Permanent residents ?

Left in 2019. Even though my second child had a Nigerian passport, we got it late (after application) hence we only used the US passport (where the canada visa was stamped) to fly.

Still apply for Naija passport if you can.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeewirld: 8:27am On Jul 06, 2022
madayaya:
.Expect 560 ,3,500

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Martinkev(m): 8:36am On Jul 06, 2022
520, 4000

madayaya:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by arasola2000: 8:50am On Jul 06, 2022
GraciousWords:

Check out page 1, especially this post about eligibility. Do you meet the 67 threshold? https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#107239674

Thank you for this, i had totally forgotten

Ok i have done the calculation and sadly rank 62 over 100.

Any advice on what i can do to rank higher.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Juwonlo2022: 9:06am On Jul 06, 2022
Crs- 500- 15000itas

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by hazel01(f): 9:13am On Jul 06, 2022
473. 20,000 itas

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SirKelvegaz: 9:14am On Jul 06, 2022
My People it’s D-DAY! cheesy cheesy cheesy

27 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 9:17am On Jul 06, 2022
hazel01:
473. 20,000 itas

cheesy cheesy

Nothing is impossible. It as happened before, it can happen again.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SirKelvegaz: 9:18am On Jul 06, 2022
madayaya:

400- Everyone go and apply.

On a serious note, what time are the draws scheduled to hold?

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by madayaya: 9:21am On Jul 06, 2022
Zeewirld:
.Expect 560 ,3,500
Ah!!!!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ultrazone(m): 9:25am On Jul 06, 2022
CRS 470 - 37k invites. grin

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dinma27: 9:27am On Jul 06, 2022
nymphomaniac:
490 - 13,000

13000 ke? grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Blacckkk: 9:35am On Jul 06, 2022
Please how did you go about it?
I'm about to start mine.

brownsucre1:
exactly my experience and I thought it was cos I verified msc. Very seamless
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nessa14: 9:49am On Jul 06, 2022
580 @ 1,500 Invites

madayaya:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ayinke93(f): 9:54am On Jul 06, 2022
ultrazone:
CRS 470 - 37k invites. grin

Omo! Na wetyn I want be this. god abeg

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 9:56am On Jul 06, 2022
SirKelvegaz:

400- Everyone go and apply.

On a serious note, what time are the draws scheduled to hold?

from 2pm Local time, you be on the lookout.

Even me not expecting ITA, i’m excited and nervous for the draws.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by House34: 10:32am On Jul 06, 2022
Dennyjuff:

What passport you use to apply for ur child copr ,confirmation of resident paper with thr child photo on it should state the nationality and l hope ur child has COPR? Becos even america apply for canadian permanent resident like every other nationality and only different is when passport send to embassy ,they only get COPR and no visa inside passport. But they also are require to pass the medical test and pay same fee unless ur child just going to canada as a visitor not permanent resident

At canada point of entry..your cor must match ur passpprt stated on COPR becos ur date of arrive will be stamp in every passport that apply for PR ,BUT at nigeria airport ..how can you depart nigeria with an american passport with no nigeria visa ,atleast american require visa to nigeria,am sure ur child arrive nigeria with a nigeria paszport or a nigeria visa or visa on arrival after birth and if u claim dual citizen then you need to show ur nigeria passport or the law see you as an american tbat overstay in nigeria if u arrive before as an american amd still no nigeria passport on departure.

At canada port you will have no issue as an american passport holder ,becos it either you enter as an american on visa free to canada as as a tourist FOR 6 month maximum or a PR if you have COPR ..so either way the child will enter canada.worry more about the nigeria airport.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Funky123(f): 11:14am On Jul 06, 2022
People like us wey IETLS don expire inside pool
E go be, I am nervous lol

I wish everyone here in pool good luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Orohelvis: 11:21am On Jul 06, 2022
510 7000

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by msrcoor(f): 11:43am On Jul 06, 2022
Good afternoon all

Please I need advice o

I'm married, and I entered the pool, but I put spouse not accompying to get a scores of 473. My spouse is not able to write the IELTS exam yet cos of delay in passport. If I choose for him to be accompying, my scores reduces to 454.

I read on quora that you can add spouse if the cutoff is around 453. Please is this true?

Would you rather advise I just wait, if adding him won't be that easy?

I'm reading responses.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 11:57am On Jul 06, 2022
msrcoor:
Good afternoon all

Please I need advice o

I'm married, and I entered the pool, but I put spouse not accompying to get a scores of 473. My spouse is not able to write the IELTS exam yet cos of delay in passport. If I choose for him to be accompying, my scores reduces to 454.

I read on quora that you can add spouse if the cutoff is around 453. Please is this true?

I'm reading responses.
Thanks

yes its true. But 453 is not happening anytime soon. Lowest scores in recent times was like 457 in late 2019 or so
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:01pm On Jul 06, 2022
EsoEso:

By removing him it means she is claiming to be single instead of married. If she removes him how do she add him later? Won't that be misrepresentation? Except of course she plans to sponsor him later when PPR is approved
Removing him doesn’t mean she is claiming single. Removing him means, she will claim married but spouse unaccompanying.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Funky123(f): 12:05pm On Jul 06, 2022
msrcoor:
Good afternoon all

Please I need advice o

I'm reading responses.
Thanks

I think you guys should wait, add your husband and cross your fingers, if you decided to add his unaccompanied you will have to sponsor him later when you get to Canada which might take like 1 year to get approved

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:06pm On Jul 06, 2022
Omoniyimi12345:
Good morning,

I need advice please. I am in the pool as a primary applicant with CRS of 445. This is because my husband hasn’t done IELTS and his ECA is not out yet. When I removed him, my score was 475. Should I leave it as 475? If I do, will I be able to add my husband again after I get an ITA?
What would your score be if your husband evaluated his degree and writes IELTS? You can’t add your spouse after ITA if adding your spouse would reduce your points, this is because your scores would be recalculated and if your score is lower than the invited score that got you ITA, your application would be rejected. Adding of spouse post AOR works well for newlyweds because they got married after they submitted their application. In your case, it’s different. Encourage your hubby to write IELTS and evaluate his degree, that would give you a boost in your point. All the best! Another option is for you to land as PR and sponsor your husband after one year of your stay as a PR.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:08pm On Jul 06, 2022
Dimple10:

Definitely representation because at the point of sponsoring him later, marriage certificate will come out and the question they will ask is why didn't you declare him earlier.

I think the removal of spouse she is talking about is married but spouse unaccompanying and not totally applying a single lady.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by shutupareyouGOD: 12:18pm On Jul 06, 2022
So funkyy is here…yay…#teammarch lol
Funky123:
People like us wey IETLS don expire inside pool
E go be, I am nervous lol

I wish everyone here in pool good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (632) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.