Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,650 members, 7,823,841 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1057346 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (633) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Layohrt(f): 1:24pm On Jul 05, 2022
Yellowmellow:

Which campus? I only have for Okija. If that’s what you want then send me a message

Yes, Okija precisely... Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeewirld: 1:39pm On Jul 05, 2022
braine:

Thanks a bunch for the advice. We've resolved to go ahead with it. I'll be updating my profile to claim the points

Cc. Zeewirld
...I am very happy to learn that....Congratulations in advance....Expect ITA before November
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeewirld: 1:53pm On Jul 05, 2022
tousure:
CRS score was 473, cut off if I recall was 472

..Congratulation..I pray that your new country will favour you greatly ..I have a question with regards to MEDICALs. Was it IRCC that adviced you to take the initial medical or you just followed the tide of the moment and do Medical?

Secondly, at what point in the application processing does IRCC usually request for MEDICALs? is it immediately at the point of accepting your ITA or many months down the line?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tousure: 2:08pm On Jul 05, 2022
Thank you

Medicals are part of the list of requirements to submit your PR application after receiving your ITA

Zeewirld:
..Congratulation..I pray that your new country will favour you greatly ..I have a question with regards to MEDICALs. Was it IRCC that adviced you to take the initial medical or you just followed the tide of the moment and do Medical?

Secondly, at what point in the application processing does IRCC usually request for MEDICALs? is it immediately at the point of accepting your ITA or many months down the line?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by chiada(f): 2:17pm On Jul 05, 2022
flosure:
Hello my people, any idea when Biometric is requested after an applicant have submitted PR application and gotten AOR

Acknowledgement of receipt - Application for permanent residence xxxx June 27, 2022 xxxx June 28, 2022

Confirmation of Online Application Transmission xxxx June 27, 2022 xxxx June 28, 2022

I don't think there is a precise timeline. Submitted mine April 11th 2022 and got BIL on the 29th of June 2022
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 2:27pm On Jul 05, 2022
portablesuzy:
PLEASE HOUSE HOW DO I PAY FOR WES EVALUATION USING MY ATM CARD AND HOW MUCH WILL BE THE NAIRA VALUE
you can’t. Pay with dollar card or use barter by flutterwave. Either way, the naira equivalent will be charged depending on the body you use for the evaluation.

Good luck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 2:42pm On Jul 05, 2022
portablesuzy:
PLEASE HOUSE HOW DO I PAY FOR WES EVALUATION USING MY ATM CARD AND HOW MUCH WILL BE THE NAIRA VALUE

Stop shouting smiley

Use barter by flutterwave or use a dollar card or get someone abroad to ay for you. Current Naira card allocation is $20

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by shutupareyouGOD: 2:48pm On Jul 05, 2022
Exchange rate for barter is ridiculous…how about opening a domiciliary account?
Dimple10:

Stop shouting smiley

Use barter by flutterwave or use a dollar card or get someone abroad to ay for you. Current Naira card allocation is $20

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ciwi: 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2022
braine:

Thanks a bunch for the advice. We've resolved to go ahead with it. I'll be updating my profile to claim the points

Cc. Zeewirld

I’m still waiting for my own thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 3:17pm On Jul 05, 2022
ciwi:

cheesy cheesy

Thank you!

My Nairaland people are so wonderful, its hard to keep track.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 3:42pm On Jul 05, 2022
ciwi:

smiley cheesy grin

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Teyana23: 3:46pm On Jul 05, 2022
Hi all, I’ve been reading through these posts Afro a while now and they’ve been super helpful. I’m in the pool right now and I hope to get an ITA this month. However, I have few questions? I plan to get married in November. So can I go ahead with my application this month then when I get married in November, add my spouse to the application(the way I’ve read women add their babies after they’ve submitted the application)? If it’s not possible, what can I do? . Thank you all again
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 3:55pm On Jul 05, 2022
shutupareyouGOD:

You’d still have to source your dollars from the black market to fund the account and thats almost same as barter. No escaping the crazy rate imo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 3:58pm On Jul 05, 2022
Teyana23:
Hi all, I’ve been reading through these posts Afro a while now and they’ve been super helpful. I’m in the pool right now and I hope to get an ITA this month. However, I have few questions? I plan to get married in November. So can I go ahead with my application this month then when I get married in November, add my spouse to the application(the way I’ve read women add their babies after they’ve submitted the application)? If it’s not possible, what can I do? . Thank you all again

Adding your spouse after marriage is the way to go and you’re correct, it’s similar to adding a new born.

You’ll send a webform requesting to add spouse as you’ve “recently” gotten married. Your Vo would send a list of documents/forms to submit plus fees to pay. Usually its the same medicals, pcc, passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, PoF, proof of relationship (pictures and messages), wedding photos and all the imm forms you’ll need. No need for eca and ielts at this point since you won’t need extra points for the brethren.

Edit: i’d say once you’ve gotten AOR, go ahead with the court/civil ceremony as you would definitely need the certificate and CrS points would not be recalculated/affected. Considering the “swiftness” of application these days, best to add spouse as soon as possible.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 4:05pm On Jul 05, 2022
FrenchHome:

I did not study in France. Did my masters in the UK. I only worked in France. If you studied in France the five year rule will be reduced to only 4.

Ok. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Teyana23: 4:06pm On Jul 05, 2022
Thank you so much
Dimple10:

Adding your spouse after marriage is the way to go ajd you’re correct, it’s similar to adding a new born.

You’ll send a webform requesting to add spouse as you’ve “recently” gotten married. Your Vo would send a list of documents/forms to submit plus fees to pay. Usually its the same medicals, pcc, passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, PoF, proof of relationship (pictures and messages), wedding photos and all the imm forms you’ll need. No need for eca and ielts at this point since you won’t need extra points for the brethren.

Edit: i’d say once you’ve gotten AOR, go ahead and do the court wedding as you would definitely need the certificate and CrS points would not be recalculated/affected. Considering the “swiftness” of application these days, best to add spouse as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 4:24pm On Jul 05, 2022
shutupareyouGOD:
whats the difference between barter rate and black market rate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 4:28pm On Jul 05, 2022
Zeus04:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaWIEw0KRKk

If or when the new system for draws gets implemented, would it mean that high scores won't matter again?
its just an addition to the current draws. High scores will still be the majority

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by chiada(f): 4:43pm On Jul 05, 2022
Good evening all, abeg I need una advice again ooo but for my colleague. She and her husband have been notified to run biometrics which they will be doing this month on the 7th. The challenge they have is that their sponsor who they got provincial nomination through will be leaving the province come August. Will it have any effect on their application both at the federal level and province level.

They are praying to get PR and softland before their sponsor leaves the province. If they don't receive it before he leaves, please what will be the implication.

N.B. their sponsor is leaving because he got a new job in another province and his employer said he should resume come August immediately. The sponsor does not want to loose the opportunity and he doesn't know how to manage my colleague situation. Where he is staying has been put up sale as he needs the money to move his family and to settle down in the new province.

Please we need your advice ����
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nessa14: 5:18pm On Jul 05, 2022
I will testify about my ITA in this part 11....From my lips to God's ears. AMEN

31 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Francieuche: 5:48pm On Jul 05, 2022
I will testify my ITA and PPR will drop in this thread.....Amen

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by optm(m): 6:54pm On Jul 05, 2022
tousure:
ECA: November 2019
IELTS: August 2020
Entered the pool: September 9th 2020
ITA: 17th September 2020
Medicals: October 2020
AOR: December 1st 2020
Biometrics Completed: January 2021
Long pause from IRCC, GCMS notes request, had baby
Webform to notify of baby: January 11th 2022 (I did my baby’s passport in parallel)
Response to webform from IRCC detailing process: January 27th 2022
GCMS Notes received: February 8th 2022 (everything was fine with our application and it appeared there was a delay because I had notified them about the baby around the time they wanted to make a decision)
Uploaded baby’s passport & birth certificate via webform: May 4th 2022 (someone advised me to do this so IRCC get a nudge)
ADR for Medicals, POF, Upload new forms due to baby: May 27th 2022 (this sort of confirmed my gut feel on the delay)
Remed: June 17th 2022 (I had to email QLIFE to get a date. IRCC did not request for medicals for my baby yet but I still went ahead and did it to avoid another round of delays)
Medicals passed: June 23rd 2022
Submitted ADR to IRCC: June 24th 2022
Confirmation that documents were received: June 27th 2022
PPR: June 30th 2022
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Yellowmellow(f): 7:45pm On Jul 05, 2022
nymphomaniac:
one more sleep.

This comment just reminded me of when my nephew was much younger and we would try to explain the concept of time and days to him by using sleep lol.
Thanks for reminding me. He’s a full 11 year old now lmfao

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Yellowmellow(f): 7:51pm On Jul 05, 2022
Layohrt:

Yes, Okija precisely... Thank you

Okay send a message pls. I can’t drop his number here
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NG2CA: 8:14pm On Jul 05, 2022
ednut1:
whats the difference between barter rate and black market rate

Same as the difference between six and half a dozen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ontarioo: 10:06pm On Jul 05, 2022
Francieuche:
I will testify my ITA and PPR will drop in this thread.....Amen
nessa14:
I will testify about my ITA in this part 11....From my lips to God's ears. AMEN
Don't stress. What's going to be is going to be.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by upkay: 10:30pm On Jul 05, 2022
Thank you, mate!

Oncanada:
Exchange to naira bawo? Please especially at this point he should retain as fx o. And I think the rate used to calculate is the o and o rate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by upkay: 10:30pm On Jul 05, 2022
Thank you, mate.

saskatoonguy:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by upkay: 10:31pm On Jul 05, 2022
Thank you, mate.

icehot:

Change to which currency? If you change to naira, you will need more money buying dollar back on the spot. Don't even think about it, leave it in foreign currency, please.

O and O rate, official rate. But I used xe.com coversion rate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by upkay: 10:33pm On Jul 05, 2022
Thank you, buddy.

Your analysis is totally correct!

Teeores:
Canada uses official rate.

As long as the amount you have in foreign currency meets the minimum CAD required then you are good to go.

Exchanging foreign currency such as USD to Naira could actually increase your available POF. For example, if you have USD1,000, that would give you about CAD1,300 assuming an exchange rate of CAD1.3/USD1. However, if you exchanged USD1,000 to Naira using black market rate, you would get about N600,000. Since Canada uses official exchange rate, this gives you CAD1,818 i.e. N600,000 divided by 330 (assumimg N330/CAD1 is the official rate). CAD1,818 is clearly more than CAD1,300.

The downside is that you would likely lose when converting Naira back to a stronger foreign currency. But for the purpose of POF, it will give you more available funds.

I will advise you only use this option if you don't have enough proof of funds from your available foreign currency.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by portablesuzy: 10:38pm On Jul 05, 2022
@ ShutupareyouGod ,Dimple and others Iif na to shout so dat I no go miss road Abeg make I shout oooo. No vex , as d tin dey confusing the earlier the better I know

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (633) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: folla, doctobani(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.