Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1048515 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeewirld: 3:42pm On Jul 06, 2022
titibaby:
I think you can contact IRCC and let them know you have changed your mind and will want your family to accompany you. Since your wife and child has already fulfilled the medical requirement, you will be asked to send in all rhe passports for PR. We have seen previous posts and it adds no complications beyond time.

..Great suggestion.. @Preshlomoye: I don't think you lose anything by asking IRCC as suggested by the poster. However, I will implore you to pray very well about it...Do a joint prayer with your wife and follow the divine direction .I strongly believe that God is still in the business of perfecting everything about us.

My spirit keeps telling me that you will testify soonest.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 4:09pm On Jul 06, 2022
titibaby:
I think you can contact IRCC and let them know you have changed your mind and will want your family to accompany you. Since your wife and child has already fulfilled the medical requirement, you will be asked to send in all rhe passports for PR. We have seen previous posts and it adds no complications beyond time.

It's never that straightforward. Usually at the discretion of the Visa officer
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 4:10pm On Jul 06, 2022
nnemak:
Hoping for 320

If wishes were horses…

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by titibaby: 4:22pm On Jul 06, 2022
Resharing this post from this thread as evidence. This strategy was adopted by a number of people in prior threads. I just don't have the patience to look for them now. Changing the spouse to accompanying after PPR has no implication aa you already did medical and made provision for them with POF. I can't remember what happens if notification is post-AOR.

Remicynt:
So I said let me share the good news!!!
After several consultation I decided to go ahead to send webforms for my spouse to be changed to Accompanied. Thanks to God we got BVl on d 18th of May and finally got PPR on the 6th of June with my spouse and daughter. Our first ppr was for me and my son while the second covered Us all.

Glory be to God in d highest!!!!
I discovered something in the process tho.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 4:35pm On Jul 06, 2022
titibaby:
Resharing this post from this thread as evidence. This strategy was adopted by a number of people in prior threads. I just don't have the patience to look for them now. Changing the spouse to accompanying after PPR has no implication aa you already did medical and made provision for them with POF. I can't remember what happens if notification is post-AOR.

Preshlomoye, read through @Remicynt post and see if you may find favour in the eyes of the VO just as she found favour. Perhaps a letter of explanation will help and if you requests lands in the hands of a compassionate VO, your wife may be added.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by vickyehi: 4:40pm On Jul 06, 2022
Omoniyimi12345:
Good morning,

I need advice please. I am in the pool as a primary applicant with CRS of 445. This is because my husband hasn’t done IELTS and his ECA is not out yet. When I removed him, my score was 475. Should I leave it as 475? If I do, will I be able to add my husband again after I get an ITA?

Please READ INSTRUCTIONS WELL before you make a grave mistake. You may have to wait to sponsor such a spouse. You also have I’ll need to provide their documents in this your application even if they are unaccompanied. Adding anytime during you application is at the discretion of the VO.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mavisjuliet: 4:52pm On Jul 06, 2022
Zeewirld:
.OK.

Firstly, Points gotten from friend is insignificant in Manitoba PNP. As such,I hope she get PPR soon.

Some provinces pick people with your NOCs randomly from the pool. However, some others like Sask will always insist that your academic qualifications align with your Job/NOC.

I hope you have age on your side and have academic qualifications higher than a B.sc degree?? Furthermore, have you look at learning french and acing your IELTS?

Wishing you best of luck.

Hmmmm, this is actually bigger than I thought. I only a BA in English and Literary Studies.
I am 32 years old. I will be lying to myself if I say I will go for a masters degree here in Nigeria. I will think about the French option and register to learn the language before the end of the month. Thank you so much for your response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 4:53pm On Jul 06, 2022
Preshlomoye:
Good Afternoon all.
I'm in a situation- please I need help.
A male married candidate with PR but yet to land, I chose my wife and child as non accompanied in my application.
I'm expecting another child in the coming month, I'm thinking of waiting for the new baby to be born, add the child and the first child as accompanied while my wife remains unaccompanied for me to sponsor her. Has anyone done this before or is this a bad step? Please help me.

Prettiepearlz:

Preshlomoye, read through @Remicynt post and see if you may find favour in the eyes of the VO just as she found favour. Perhaps a letter of explanation will help and if you requests lands in the hands of a compassionate VO, your wife may be added.

The rules as written seem to indicate that CRS would be recalculated post ITA if you change your details (which we assume includes a change from unaccompanying spouse to accompanying spouse) and the thinking was that you will need to sponsor spouse later.

PNP people can easily change to accompanying post ITA/AOR, since the 600 points has improved their CRS by so much that any recalculation doesn't matter. So if you are PNP, feel free to change her to accompanying without fear and include an LOE explaining how your recalculated CRS is still above the CRS of your ITA draw.

If you are FSW, then a baby could in theory be changed to accompanying while the mum and sibling are unaccompanying. Even the older sibling can be changed to accompanying, I believe (since only spouse affects CRS). However even if IRCC permit it, how will you cope without madam (this is not me being sexist, just being realistic)? The key is getting your spouse to be accompanying. Like, PrettieP, think what Remicynt received was compassion. You can try and see if you enjoy the same (she did hers post PPR not post AOR)..

The other possibility is that we are wrong and information at AOR is locked so we can change whatever we like post AOR without consequence, so long as the change happened post AOR (e.g. it was after AOR that I decided to make my spouse accompanying). So what Remicynt received is not compassion but due process.

Either way, please advise them immediately baby is born so they are added to your application. Your spouse and older child are already part of your application (although unaccompanying).

Read this: https://www.nairaland.com/5187408/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/32#78526356

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

All the best sir!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Abby212: 5:00pm On Jul 06, 2022
Good day all, please I have a little challenge. When sending transcript for verification by WES, is choosing migration or academic purpose have any role to play. From the website, I see the academic is faster and cheaper. Please is there any implication if I choose academic over migration?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by titibaby: 5:07pm On Jul 06, 2022
You can do this and change your spouse to accompanying post-PPR as explained above to Preshmoloye.

Omoniyimi12345:
Good morning,

I need advice please. I am in the pool as a primary applicant with CRS of 445. This is because my husband hasn’t done IELTS and his ECA is not out yet. When I removed him, my score was 475. Should I leave it as 475? If I do, will I be able to add my husband again after I get an ITA?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GeologistMajor: 5:09pm On Jul 06, 2022
Abby212:
Good day all, please I have a little challenge. When sending transcript for verification by WES, is choosing migration or academic purpose have any role to play. From the website, I see the academic is faster and cheaper. Please is there any implication if I choose academic over migration?

Thanks
The implication is that you cannot use academic evaluation for immigration purposes and vice versa.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Preshlomoye: 5:28pm On Jul 06, 2022
GraciousWords:

First question, are you PNP or FSW?
Second, do you have PPR yet?

The rules as written seem to indicate that CRS would be recalculated post ITA if you change your details (which we assume includes a change from unaccompanying spouse to accompanying spouse) and the thinking was that you will need to sponsor spouse later. PNP people can easily change to accompanying post ITA/AOR, since the 600 points has improved their CRS by so much that any recalculation doesn't matter. So if you are PNP, feel free to change her to accompanying without fear and include an LOE explaining how your recalculated CRS is still above the CRS of your ITA draw.

If you are FSW, then a baby could in theory be changed to accompanying while the mum and sibling are unaccompanying. Even the older sibling can be changed to accompanying, I believe (since only spouse affects CRS). However even if IRCC permit it, how will you cope without madam (this is not me being sexist, just being realistic)? The key is getting your spouse to be accompanying. I think what Remicynt received was compassion. You can try and see if you enjoy the same (she did hers post PPR not post AOR).

Either way, please advise them immediately baby is born so they are added to your application. Your spouse and older child are already part of your application (although unaccompanying).

Also read this: https://www.nairaland.com/5187408/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/32#78526356

All the best sir!

Thank you everyone for your various suggestions, I'm truly grateful.

I'm FSW with PPR but yet to land.

This is my thinking, while I changed first child to accompanying and add new born- process might take up to 6months or more

My wife would apply for visitor visa, if granted within this 6months. All of us can then travel together even if it's soft landing.

My head is bursting right now ejor.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Remicynt(f): 5:46pm On Jul 06, 2022
This is very doable, I did it and I knw quite a no of people who did It after me. We got our passports back yesterday and we all received Copr. I don't really want to talk so much about it so people don't see it as a means to an end, cs I knw my Naija people so ircc don't eventual change it. Its actually a legal right of an applicant to change spouse from unaccompanied to Accompanied and I learnt this from a popular Canadian consultant on YouTube. You just av to do it properly!!!!
titibaby:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Firefox01: 5:50pm On Jul 06, 2022
Have the draws started yet? ASUU still dey keep me for school but I'm very excited for potential immigrants on this thread. Make una update us o grin

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Blacckkk: 5:51pm On Jul 06, 2022
What is the crs score for today

nymphomaniac:
Fingers crossed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Remicynt(f): 5:54pm On Jul 06, 2022
Note that once eligibility is passed ur Crs scores never get recalculated!!! I learnt that in this process, there is nothing like compassion in ircc books, dey deal by the law, if the law says yes, then it's yes if it says otherwise then it so. Someone on canadavisa dint av achild but changed her husband due to d fact she didnt want a long distance relationship she wanted her husband to be close and she got Copr fr both of them, you can take time out to do research on "Adding spouse after ppr" on canavisa and YouTube. Tho this information is not so much available cs trust me u will not find 10% info on this topic of changing from unaccompanied to accompanied on the internet space. It took me a lot of sleepless night and restless day to get info and conviction to actually make d step cs really it it's a very risky one but very doable. So if u are like me that wants to risk it all fr my family then go ahead, but If u don't av d convinction no try am ooo!!!! Just do ur sponsorship jejely. The whole process took me Abt From March to June to add my daughter and husband and my Vo was rroc so everyone case is different. [quote author=Preshlomoye post=114483209][/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 5:59pm On Jul 06, 2022
Preshlomoye:

I'm FSW with PPR but yet to land.

This is my thinking, while I changed first child to accompanying and add new born- process might take up to 6months or more

My wife would apply for visitor visa, if granted within this 6months. All of us can then travel together even if it's soft landing.

My head is bursting right now ejor

Try what Remicynt did (sorry I missed the part of your post where you said you have PR but are yet to land) OR try the visit visa route you were thinking of.

If you decide to go the accompanying route, maybe you could phrase it as a question to IRCC: "would it be possible to change my children and spouse to accompanying given that my application has been approved" (instead of "I want to change" - before one VO goes ahead to recalculate scores).

Please let us know how it goes so we can add to the body of knowledge on how IRCC works.

I hope it goes well for you.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Remicynt(f): 6:01pm On Jul 06, 2022
Drop ur details let me pchat u!!! I saw ur mail but it's fiving a failure to deliver. Drop ur ema address it
Preshlomoye:
Good Afternoon all.

I'm in a situation- please I need help.
A male married candidate with PR but yet to land, I chose my wife and child as non accompanied in my application.
I'm expecting another child in the coming month, I'm thinking of waiting for the new baby to be born, add the child and the first child as accompanied while my wife remains unaccompanied for me to sponsor her. Has anyone done this before or is this a bad step? Please help me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 6:02pm On Jul 06, 2022
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Agbeni33: 6:11pm On Jul 06, 2022
Good evening everyone.

Please I'm trying to create my EE profile but I need clarification under education history

Do I need to put o level in the education history while creating my profile.. secondly, i also did CIMA , so do I need to put CIMA also.

Please help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by temmitats(f): 6:16pm On Jul 06, 2022
Are we a joke to IRCC �

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeus04: 6:23pm On Jul 06, 2022
temmitats:
Are we a joke to IRCC �

Calm down! They didn't state that it will start today. They only said it will resume in July. Loads of mid-weeks are in July.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by temmitats(f): 6:25pm On Jul 06, 2022
Lol please abeg, they said July 6th specifically.
Zeus04:

Calm down! They didn't state that it will start today. They only said it will resume in July. Loads of mid-weeks are in July.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NG2CA: 6:29pm On Jul 06, 2022
Zeus04:

It was clearly communicated that the draws will resume TODAY

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Preshlomoye: 6:29pm On Jul 06, 2022
Remicynt:
Drop ur details let me pchat u!!! I saw ur mail but it's fiving a failure to deliver. Drop ur ema address it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeus04: 6:29pm On Jul 06, 2022
temmitats:
Lol please abeg, they said July 6th specifically.

Oh really. Then it's sad.

Truth is we need people in Canada. I am in recruiting here and the market is bleeding. Loads of work but no one to do it. And it's worrying IRCC is dragging their foot on this process.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Silversurfer1: 6:31pm On Jul 06, 2022
nnemak:
Hoping for 320

There'd have to be a glitch in the system for the score to fall this low
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NG2CA: 6:31pm On Jul 06, 2022
I have refreshed that page about 103 times since 2pm WAT
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NG2CA: 6:34pm On Jul 06, 2022
Silversurfer1:

There'd have to be a glitch in the system for the score to fall this low

Even with a system glitch, it'll never fall to that. The draw today may likely fall between 520 and 530 if IRCC maintains the 4,500 pre-COVID invitations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Silversurfer1: 6:35pm On Jul 06, 2022
Zeus04:

Oh really. Then it's sad.

Truth is we need people in Canada. I am in recruiting here and the market is bleeding. Loads of work but no one to do it. And it's worrying IRCC is dragging their foot on this process.

They shouldn't be too worried. The UK and and US will soon gather sense and leap frog them as destination for foreign skilled workers. Den peson eye go tear

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Silversurfer1: 6:36pm On Jul 06, 2022
NG2CA:

Even with a system glitch, it'll never fall to that. The draw today may likely fall between 420 and 430 if IRCC maintains the 4,500 pre-COVID invitations

Most people have said it will be from 480 and above for this draw and the next few draws

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NG2CA: 6:41pm On Jul 06, 2022
Silversurfer1:

Most people have said it will be from 480 and above for this draw and the next few draws

I have corrected the error in my initial post.

Based on the distribution of scores in the pool as at June 20, IRCC would have to issue over 20,000 ITAs for that to happen and I strongly doubt the possibility of that happening at this time. If it does, then all the better for everyone

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (631) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: Temas, aestake and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.