Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1049306 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Masekid: 2:39am On Jul 07, 2022
Update your profile as soon as he/she lands. If by any chance you get ITA before your sibling gets the PR card or health card. You can use his/her COPR, utility bill, lease agreement and/or statement of acct from a Canadian bank. Shikenna!

Aniejasmine:
Please quick one, I'm currently in the EE pool and I have a sibling who's relocating as a PR in a few days. How soon can i update my profile to reflect this? Its going to put me in the 470's

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by abraolas1: 3:34am On Jul 07, 2022
Zeus04:

Hey... Sure, I'd PM you. You can also connect with me on LinkedIn. Not sure if its a good idea to add my LinkedIn profile here

Hi Zeus,

Thanks for all you do here ... Can I PM you as well for a review .

Thanks in anctipation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dennyjuff: 3:57am On Jul 07, 2022
littyprincess:

Yes it’s 3 years. You only need one continuous year in one noc. The rest can be non continuous and also different nocs.
thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by olalekan9320(m): 6:55am On Jul 07, 2022
Aniejasmine:

Thank you. Also, how easy is it gonna be to pass TEF in 6 months, as a beginner? Im very determined cos this 557 score is alarming. My CRS should hit 496 by my 3rd year work anniversary in 9 months, but i'm also looking for ways to improve it all the same. Ideas please, I'm very (sorta) desperate
It would have been better if you have started earlier, 6 months isn't possible to learn and get good points from TEF, except if you are looking at getting less than 15 points

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mcstan18(m): 7:06am On Jul 07, 2022
ednut1:
blue man long time

It's been a very long time and I'm glad to be here again. Good to know that some nice folks like you from yesteryears' threads are waxing strong here.

I'm substantially back!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by chiuchendu: 7:16am On Jul 07, 2022
Hello,
Please does anyone know if Bachelor in Theology from Bigard Memorial Seminary, Enugu is evaluated as degree for Express Entry ECA? (It is 4yrs). Also, their Philosophy degree (3yrs)? If yes, please which of the evaluation bodies favours them more?

Bigard is an affiliate of some Catholic university in Rome (Pontifica Urbaniana University), but I don't know if this helps as Bigard is still the main school. Any ideas on this?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by FoolsMate: 7:18am On Jul 07, 2022
Hello Zeus, Software engineer here, amazing resume. With the 57 week to get approval, is your company looking into remote first start? Some companies do that I know of. Im PMing you.

Zeus04:

For now, I'd say BA would be really hard to push for visa sponsorship because the talent are in abundance in Canada. When seeking to sponsor work permit for foreign nationals, the govt here really scrutinize the process and would only approve such WP when you can prove that the skillet is hard to find or cannot be found here. That's why it's relatively easier for core technical folks like developers, architect etc to get visa sponsorship.

It's a way to ensure people within Canada are employed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Flakeyy: 9:25am On Jul 07, 2022
Zeus04:

For now, I'd say BA would be really hard to push for visa sponsorship because the talent are in abundance in Canada. When seeking to sponsor work permit for foreign nationals, the govt here really scrutinize the process and would only approve such WP when you can prove that the skillet is hard to find or cannot be found here. That's why it's relatively easier for core technical folks like developers, architect etc to get visa sponsorship.

It's a way to ensure people within Canada are employed.

I’m in Canada already. Jz wanted to know if your firm has positions for BA.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Orohelvis: 10:39am On Jul 07, 2022
Please who has an idea of the next draw
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Juwonlo2022: 10:52am On Jul 07, 2022
Orohelvis:
Please who has an idea of the next draw
on the 20th of july

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Preshlomoye: 10:58am On Jul 07, 2022
catchdwind4rmkd:
In addition to all what everyone has said, I don't think you'll have much issue changing your spouse to accompanying post PPR. Considering your circumstances of having a newborn on the way,

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Orohelvis: 11:05am On Jul 07, 2022
Juwonlo2022:
on the 20th of july
thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by iwinosajack: 11:24am On Jul 07, 2022
Remicynt:
Na u create d loopholes!!!!! If u don't know something don't say abeg!!! That's why personally I will not respond to any on this topic biko, cs I know Naija people

I guess you don’t know what a ‘loophole’ means, cos i see no other reason for your harsh response to a harmless comment i made. Every system has inadequacies or flaws that people can exploit. Over time, these flaws are corrected to prevent people from gaming the system.

By the way, why are you sounding as if you are the only one that knows about this. “ I know Naija people “ why are you on nairaland if you are sceptical about Naija people? Cos nairaland is a gathering of Naija people.

People like you are the reason why some of the pioneers of this Canada travel thread no longer come here.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by temmitats(f): 11:55am On Jul 07, 2022
Lmaoo stop it.
kams19:

Congratulations, are you single, let us marry. I live in UK. But I want Canada �
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dulles25: 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2022
mavisjuliet:

Hmmmm, this is actually bigger than I thought. I only a BA in English and Literary Studies.
I am 32 years old. I will be lying to myself if I say I will go for a masters degree here in Nigeria. I will think about the French option and register to learn the language before the end of the month. Thank you so much for your response.

I came across a certain lady on YouTube talking about French resources that can help one learn French. There is a book she mentioned, “Living French” and Collins French Dictionary. She is (Bree Ke)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeewirld: 1:43pm On Jul 07, 2022
mavisjuliet:

Hmmmm, this is actually bigger than I thought. I only a BA in English and Literary Studies.
I am 32 years old. I will be lying to myself if I say I will go for a masters degree here in Nigeria. I will think about the French option and register to learn the language before the end of the month. Thank you so much for your response.
..You can also consider the study route ..Some universities are affordable.

All the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ChristabelleD: 3:24pm On Jul 07, 2022
Can you please recommend any affordable universities, thank you.

Zeewirld:
..You can also consider the study route ..Some universities are affordable.

All the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Aniejasmine: 4:28pm On Jul 07, 2022
Please can someone share a contact for a french tutor or school based on the island? Asides alliance francise
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pateda26: 5:10pm On Jul 07, 2022
Switchbuck41:
Well done people with this thread. I’m a nurse from Nigeria but no Canadian license yet. Finished my masters in Canada and I work as a COVID tester now and I have about one year experience. I want to use CEC to get PR but I just realized I have no clue what the NOC code will be. It can’t be nursing since I’m not registered but I was hired because of my naija nursing experience you get. I’ve searched everywhere through Nairaland for pointers but to no avail. Pls help if you have any idea. job description s basically testing people for COVID and processing results. Thank you

At what point does IRCC request and insists on evidence of Canadian license when one told them no Canadian license when creating the profile and still got ITA?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pateda26: 5:20pm On Jul 07, 2022
ednut1:

Pls if this person can apply for this NOC despite being regulated why would he or she run away from nursing cos it is regulated? I just want to know what makes the regulations for nursing different from medical laboratory assistant/technicians/technologists as the case may be, that can make people without Canadian license apply? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cochtrane(m): 5:36pm On Jul 07, 2022
mcstan18:

It's been a very long time and I'm glad to be here again. Good to know that some nice folks like you from yesteryears' threads are waxing strong here.

I'm substantially back!
How far? Been quite a while here. You in Canada now?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 5:37pm On Jul 07, 2022
Pateda26:

Pls if this person can apply for this NOC despite being regulated why would he or she run away from nursing cos it is regulated? I just want to know what makes the regulations for nursing different from medical laboratory assistant/technicians/technologists as the case may be, that can make people without Canadian license apply? Thanks.
the person performed the role that all that matters. Ircc is into immigration not licensing or occupational regulations.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 5:38pm On Jul 07, 2022
Pateda26:

At what point does IRCC request and insists on evidence of Canadian license when one told them no Canadian license when creating the profile and still got ITA?
no such thing
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pateda26: 5:38pm On Jul 07, 2022
chiuchendu:
Hello,
Please does anyone know if Bachelor in Theology from Bigard Memorial Seminary, Enugu is evaluated as degree for Express Entry ECA? (It is 4yrs). Also, their Philosophy degree (3yrs)? If yes, please which of the evaluation bodies favours them more?

Bigard is an affiliate of some Catholic university in Rome (Pontifica Urbaniana University), but I don't know if this helps as Bigard is still the main school. Any ideas on this?

Thank you.

Some Priests I know (Spiritans) who studied in that school and went abroad for further studies got their certificates evaluated successfully, so WES is apt for you for the purpose of express entry. You may want to do a quick search on WES website. But I can bet you're good.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 5:41pm On Jul 07, 2022
Pateda26:

Pateda26:

As far as I understand it, one does not need a licence to apply for FSW even if the NOC says so (as part of the employment requirements). This is clearly stated by IRCC: https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/537#101136249

However some PNPs may require licenses when you choose some NOCs e.g. SINP

You may also require a license to actually work in that profession (NOC) after you become PR.

Licensing is not a pre-requisite for EE FSW applications though, as far I as know, so at no point in the application must the person provide a license (the key thing is for your chosen NOC to match your JD as provided by your employer as per IRCC format).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pateda26: 5:46pm On Jul 07, 2022
ednut1:
the person performed the role that all that matters. Ircc is into immigration not licensing or occupational regulations.

Thanks so much. I got worried that the originating poster did not want to use her foreign nursing job experience cos she doesn't have Canadian license yet. It appeared to me, she might have more years of foreign experience which will boost her applications scores plus the Canadian experience. I dont know why she does not want to use both experiences in the application. License seems not to be an issue with IRCC. License is a big thing with some PNP.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pateda26: 5:52pm On Jul 07, 2022
GraciousWords:

As far as I understand it, one does not need a licence to apply for FSW even if the NOC says so (as part of the employment requirements). This is clearly stated by IRCC: https://www.nairaland.com/6081746/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/537#101136249

However some PNPs may require licenses when you choose some NOCs e.g. SINP

You may also require a license to actually work in that profession (NOC) after you become PR.

Licensing is not a pre-requisite for EE FSW applications though, as far I as know, so at no point in the application must the person provide a license (the key thing is for your chosen NOC to match your JD as provided by your employer as per IRCC format).

Thank you! It means the nurse who has few years of experience in COVID19 testing has no fears in using her nursing foreign experience of many years, provided she can easily get hold of proofs since she is far away.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 5:55pm On Jul 07, 2022
Pateda26:

Thanks so much. I got worried that the originating poster did not want to use her foreign nursing job experience cos she doesn't have Canadian license yet. It appeared to me, she might have more years of foreign experience which will boost her applications scores plus the Canadian experience. I dont know why she does not want to use both experiences in the application. License seems not to be an issue with IRCC. License is a big thing with some PNP.

Switchbuck41:
Well done people with this thread. I’m a nurse from Nigeria but no Canadian license yet. Finished my masters in Canada and I work as a COVID tester now and I have about one year experience. I want to use CEC to get PR but I just realized I have no clue what the NOC code will be. It can’t be nursing since I’m not registered but I was hired because of my naija nursing experience you get. I’ve searched everywhere through Nairaland for pointers but to no avail. Pls help if you have any idea. job description s basically testing people for COVID and processing results. Thank you

I think she's focusing on CEC which only uses her Canadian Work experience, she could not work as a Nurse in Canada because she has no license so she can't claim Nursing for CEC.

You are right that she can and should also use her Nigerian Nurse WE to boost her CRS points in general. It's a valid point. The Nursing from Nigeria will count towards FSW and the Canadian Lab work towards CEC.

Switchbuck, you should be updating ALL your WE that you can get a letter for from your current and previous employers. IRCC actually asks us to do this so that you open yourself up to all options available i.e. FSW as well as CEC.

Read here: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1125&top=29

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 5:57pm On Jul 07, 2022
Pateda26:

Thank you! It means the nurse who has few years of experience in COVID19 testing has no fears in using her nursing foreign experience of many years, provided she can easily get hold of proofs since she is far away.

100%, provided she can produce a WE ref letter from her former Nigerian employer that matches the NOC for Nurses, definitely!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by chiuchendu: 6:05pm On Jul 07, 2022
Thank you so much.
Pateda26:

Some Priests I know (Spiritans) who studied in that school and went abroad for further studies got their certificates evaluated successfully, so WES is apt for you for the purpose of express entry. You may want to do a quick search on WES website. But I can bet you're good.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 6:09pm On Jul 07, 2022
Pateda26:

nothing in her post suggests what you typed here. Abi my eye dey pain me ni

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (631) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.