Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1041999 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (628) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 8:27am On Jul 08, 2022
My guy!!!! You sabi work. This is well put together and totally compelling. OP pls go with this template, verbatim or otherwise. It works
catchdwind4rmkd:
In addition to all what everyone has said, I don't think you'll have much issue changing your spouse to accompanying post PPR. Considering your circumstances of having a newborn on the way, I believe you have a valid reason to convince any processing officer.

Your reason is simple, you and your spouse initially agreed for you to go first because she believed she could manage alone with one child. But while waiting for your visa to be processed, your family situation has changed; you now have a newborn (on the way). This has caused your spouse lots of stress worrying about how she would manage with both kids alone especially while recovering from the childbirth or delivery process as you do not have closed relatives in your city to help. On the other hand, it is also causing you much stress as well thinking that you'll not be part of your newborn's early days and even worse imagining the stress your spouse would go through caring for your kids alone. You fear either or both of you might suffer from mental stress or depression by the time you're finally reunited.

Consequently, you wish to request, and would appreciate their understanding, to add your newborn as an accompanying dependant and also change your spouse and other child as accompanying dependants as well to give you the opportunity to support your family, especially your spouse, to go through this new and daunting phase of your lives. Being together will ensure that you support each other through the toughest periods of anxiety and stress, and help you bond and grow your love more.

You don't have to take the above word for word. But you should be able to coin something out of that. I don't see any deceit or fraud or taking advantage in your situation. Your current situation is genuine and possible even if the initial intention might have been different. I do not want to include this in the above and surely it will not happen to you; but what if the delivery is by CS which takes some women couple of weeks or months to fully heal? What if your spouse suffers post-partum depression? What if she could not produce milk for the first week or two? For a moment, ignore the fact that you're a Nigerian or you live in Nigeria. Out here, these things are given serious consideration and in fact it's within your rights to ask to be with your spouse. So, think like a Canadian resident and go get that visa for your entire family.

I'm not very good with grammar, but I'm sure this can be put succinctly and convincingly with the right words and context. Draft something yourself and give it to someone to proof read. Maybe consult a professional (lawyer or legal practitioner, counsellor, writer, etc.) for help as it's worth it.

All the best.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pateda26: 9:08am On Jul 08, 2022
ednut1:
sigh. Wetin concern her Nigerian experience and the job she got. IRCC is not interested in that. Stop making things up lol. She has a masters from Canada and cec experience. What if her scores is already 500 plus. Why should she care about the Nigerian experience.

You seem not to get the intricacies of her post nor mine. Anyways, she has agreed to use both cos she didn't know she could before now. So now she will use her naija experience as well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by chiada(f): 9:12am On Jul 08, 2022
tousure:
You shouldn't need this to fill the webform. I don't recall this.

I suggest you assume anything and put it there. You will still be sent a long list of forms and documents to upload eventually.

Thank you so much. Daalu ��
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 9:31am On Jul 08, 2022
Please who took ielts with mod last month, why are the results not showing online
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 9:33am On Jul 08, 2022
chiada:
Good evening all, hope our day went well and congratulations to all those that got ITA yesterday.

Please ooo, after biometrics, what next?
Depending on your application but typically if you did upfront medicals, after biometrics you begin the wait for PPR

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 9:36am On Jul 08, 2022
Belle35:
Hello Nairafam, I would like to know if palm oil is contraband to Canada? I have asked this question but been getting conflicting answers
I don’t think it’s contraband in Canada but you have to hide it in Nigeria. The airlines don’t like it cos if it spills it will stain something and the Agric guys would try to toss it if they find it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ella2000: 9:49am On Jul 08, 2022
Hello all,
A friend has been trying to make payment for his PR application for a week but keeps getting an error message.
It’s not a card issue because it shows error before the payment details page (after signing the declaration).
So he hasn’t even gotten to the card part.
He has tried clear cache, incognito tab & even downloaded other browsers & still no luck. Also filled the technical issues webform and no response yet.
Time isn’t on their side.

Any advice?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Olamiikunle(m): 9:50am On Jul 08, 2022
good morning,
please who is having difficulty in checking their ielts result online today. (june 25th takers)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by maxyboss212(m): 9:51am On Jul 08, 2022
Please guys,
Which Noc best suits my below job description. i work as a Funds Transfer Authorizer in the bank. Below are my job Duties.

Training and developing section people to ensure adequate performance as defined by both operational and policy guidelines.
Reviewing and rendering decisions concerning non – routine fund transfer requests and alternate Branch recovery processing in the event of a primary system failure.
Responsible for Expense tickets/processing.
Ensuring that daily tickets are sent to the Internal Control Unit promptly.
Taking initiative to refer matters, which may impact the department to supervisor promptly.
Ensuring that inward transfer advices are promptly responded to.
Ensuring that outward transfers are given prompt attention.
Approving Tickets/Source Documents.
Reviewing pending (unprocessed) items in the system before the unit signs off on daily basis.
Ensuring that adequate control is given to the handling of Draft and Cheque instruments.
Ensuring that departmental proofs are produced within 24 hours.
Responding to customer complaints on daily basis. All un-responded complaints are to be reported to TSD Head within 24 hours.
Ensuring that cut – off times are respected and adhered to.
Any other duties delegated by the TSD Head

KIndly assist with your advise
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mcstan18(m): 10:32am On Jul 08, 2022
cochtrane:

How far? Been quite a while here. You in Canada now?

I'm good brother. Good to hear from you.

I'm not in Canada yet. Had to take a long break to better prepare myself. Hopefully, now is the time!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ChristabelleD: 10:37am On Jul 08, 2022
This options will they work for a full time working mom? Because where the free one hour go come from for 6 months, private tutor timing. Lord help us.

JapaProf:

If you dedicate at least 1 hour daily, you might just make it but this can vary depending on your language acquisition skills and several other factors.

If you're ready to start learning, download three mobile apps, use a textbook, get a private tutor, listen to French movies with English subtitle to get the pronunciation right, then go ahead to ace your exam smiley cool

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 10:40am On Jul 08, 2022
maxyboss212:
Please guys,
Which Noc best suits my below job description. i work as a Funds Transfer Authorizer in the bank. Below are my job Duties.
Google ‘noc for funds transfer officer’, write down all the nocs you see in the google results and check out the duties on the noc page for each of them to see which one best fits your job description

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ChristabelleD: 10:40am On Jul 08, 2022
Hi Annie,
I saw someone's advice about you doing private tutor, books, french movies and one hour a day.
Wanted to ask if you don't mind, are you single? or do you have children? do you work?

Aniejasmine:
Please can someone share a contact for a French tutor or school based on the island? Asides alliance francise
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mcstan18(m): 10:54am On Jul 08, 2022
maxyboss212:
Please guys,

Training and developing section people to ensure adequate performance as defined by both operational and policy guidelines.
Reviewing and rendering decisions concerning non – routine fund transfer requests and alternate Branch recovery processing in the event of a primary system failure.

The closest to your JD that I see is 6551. Sadly, it's a category "C" NOC

You may visit https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Home/ to help you make a better choice.

Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ChristabelleD: 10:57am On Jul 08, 2022
This advice is great, will you also recommend same pattern to a full time working mom of more than 1 under child but all under 6 years? It seems like alot of time and concentration. Thank you.

JapaProf:

If you dedicate at least 1 hour daily, you might just make it but this can vary depending on your language acquisition skills and several other factors.

If you're ready to start learning, download three mobile apps, use a textbook, get a private tutor, listen to French movies with English subtitle to get the pronunciation right, then go ahead to ace your exam smiley cool
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 11:39am On Jul 08, 2022
Are you a cash officer or FT by chance?
Nvm, just seen where i missed it.
maxyboss212:
Please guys,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Deluvtj247: 12:08pm On Jul 08, 2022
You may check 6235 and 1114. I am not sure

maxyboss212:
Please guys,

Responsible for Expense tickets/processing.
Ensuring that daily tickets are sent to the Internal Control Unit promptly.
Taking initiative to refer matters, which may impact the department to supervisor promptly.
Ensuring that inward transfer advices are promptly responded to.
Ensuring that outward transfers are given prompt attention.
Approving Tickets/Source Documents.
Reviewing pending (unprocessed) items in the system before the unit signs off on daily basis.
Ensuring that adequate control is given to the handling of Draft and Cheque instruments.
Ensuring that departmental proofs are produced within 24 hours.
Responding to customer complaints on daily basis. All un-responded complaints are to be reported to TSD Head within 24 hours.
Ensuring that cut – off times are respected and adhered to.
Any other duties delegated by the TSD Head

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1760: 12:22pm On Jul 08, 2022
MyVc:

Please, how fast is the Nigerian Open University M.Sc Program?

Is it attainable within 12 months or less?

Do they also go on strike like the normal conventional Universities?

Thanks
Faster than conventional university. Semester is like 3 months, with no carry over and fast project you should be done in more than a year

Noun is quick but realistically more than a year

I waited for like 4 months after results came out before I can apply for transcript

No strike BTW

My advise. Start now, it is not that expensive. Its a marathon not sprint
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by meldy1110(f): 12:31pm On Jul 08, 2022
Good day,please how feasible is it to switch career paths on your EE profile Or Pnp route particularly Aberta or Ontario since the noc is in demand ?
I studied law and i did a training on software engineering (web designer)during Covid period . So I am presently a Web designer ,I have worked for top companies and they are ready to give me reference letters.
Can this fly for express entry / Pnp since I have no degree in computer engineering just experience..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by welambee: 12:54pm On Jul 08, 2022
Hi Everyone. pls who knows where I can get information about the whole process of soft landing (landing to get PR card and going back within the next few months- have some projects i need to complete here in Nigeria ) and secondly the process medical surveiilance immediately you land after 30 days.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MyVc: 12:59pm On Jul 08, 2022
1760:

Faster than conventional university. Semester is like 3 months, with no carry over and fast project you should be done in more than a year

Noun is quick but realistically more than a year

I waited for like 4 months after results came out before I can apply for transcript

No strike BTW

My advise. Start now, it is not that expensive. Its a marathon not sprint

Alright, thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MyVc: 1:00pm On Jul 08, 2022
Please, with an estimated CRS score of 475; will the person stand a good chance of being nominated for the Express Entry?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by littyprincess: 1:06pm On Jul 08, 2022
MyVc:

Please, with an estimated CSR score of 475; will the person stand a good chance of being nominated for the Express Entry?

Thanks.
Yes. Very good chance. All you need is patience

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 1:12pm On Jul 08, 2022
meldy1110:
Good day,please how feasible is it to switch career paths on your EE profile Or Pnp route particularly Aberta or Ontario since the noc is in demand ?
I studied law and i did a training on software engineering (web designer)during Covid period . So I am presently a Web designer ,I have worked for top companies and they are ready to give me reference letters.
Can this fly for express entry / Pnp since I have no degree in computer engineering just experience..

For FSW read below (which was cut from page 1) as well as FAQ 16, 26 & 27 on page 1:

Work experience does not need to match education/degree for FSW. FSW work experience is not about what you studied as a degree, but what you do/did in your job e.g. an Engineering graduate working as a barber must choose the NOC for barbers not engineers. In order to be assigned points under FSW for foreign work experience, you must have performed the actions described in the lead statement, a substantial number of the main duties, including all essential duties of your chosen NOC.

**NOC mismatch is a common reason for rejected FSW applications. Your job DESCRIPTION (i.e. the tasks you performed) must match your NOC. Your job TITLE does not need to match the NOC job titles. It is your JOB DESCRIPTION not your University degree that the Visa Officer will match to your chosen NOC. DO NOT COPY AND PASTE THE NOC DUTIES AS YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION. LASTLY THOSE MANAGERIAL NOC’S STARTING WITH 0 ARE MANAGERIAL, ENSURE YOU ARE AN OGA AND YOUR DUTIES SHOW THAT BEFORE CHOOSING THEM. ONE REJECTION STORY HAD A YOUTH CORPER CLAIMING THIS, IT DIDN’T END WELL.**

For PNP - depends on the province..... SINP requires that NOC matches your degree, others do not seem to. You need to research the requirements of each one e.g. AINP & OINP to be certain.

#StudyPage1

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by kams19(m): 1:19pm On Jul 08, 2022
FrenchHome:

Hello,

Please can you kindly share the reasoning behind your preference?

I would love to learn.

Regards

Hi. Nothings serious apart from that I love Canada. Canada has stronger passport and citizenship takes just 3 years to get once you have PR. And there are more tech jobs too for me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tonyamori(f): 1:29pm On Jul 08, 2022
GraciousWords:

For FSW read below (which was cut from page 1) as well as FAQ 17, 26 & 27 on page 1:

Work experience does not need to match education/degree for FSW. FSW work experience is not about what you studied as a degree, but what you do/did in your job e.g. an Engineering graduate working as a barber must choose the NOC for barbers not engineers. In order to be assigned points under FSW for foreign work experience, you must have performed the actions described in the lead statement, a substantial number of the main duties, including all essential duties of your chosen NOC.

**NOC mismatch is a common reason for rejected FSW applications. Your job DESCRIPTION (i.e. the tasks you performed) must match your NOC. Your job TITLE does not need to match the NOC job titles. It is your JOB DESCRIPTION not your University degree that the Visa Officer will match to your chosen NOC. DO NOT COPY AND PASTE THE NOC DUTIES AS YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION. LASTLY THOSE MANAGERIAL NOC’S STARTING WITH 0 ARE MANAGERIAL, ENSURE YOU ARE AN OGA AND YOUR DUTIES SHOW THAT BEFORE CHOOSING THEM. ONE REJECTION STORY HAD A YOUTH CORPER CLAIMING THIS, IT DIDN’T END WELL.**

For PNP - depends on the province..... SINP requires that NOC matches your degree, others do not seem to. You need to research the requirements of each one e.g. AINP & OINP to be certain.

#StudyPage1

Thank you for this I’m in the same boat
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by meldy1110(f): 1:30pm On Jul 08, 2022
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by meldy1110(f): 1:36pm On Jul 08, 2022
GraciousWords:

For FSW read below (which was cut from page 1) as well as FAQ 17, 26 & 27 on page 1:

#StudyPage1

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MyVc: 1:39pm On Jul 08, 2022
littyprincess:
Yes. Very good chance. All you need is patience

Alright, thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (628) (Reply)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

Viewing this topic: supertonex(m), rotexteymie(f), aestake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.