Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,930 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1048872 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 1:40pm On Jul 08, 2022
Aniejasmine:

Thank you. Also, how easy is it gonna be to pass TEF in 6 months, as a beginner? Im very determined cos this 557 score is alarming. My CRS should hit 496 by my 3rd year work anniversary in 9 months, but i'm also looking for ways to improve it all the same. Ideas please, I'm very (sorta) desperate

Quoted this because it became this conversation.
Can it be done? YES. On the TEF thread, we have two testimonials of that. But AT WHAT COST?

Writing TEF is not knowing how to say Bonjour, Il fait beau, Merci mille fois etc. One must KNOW French, know it and then know how to write TEF... Those are two different things.
Now being objective you need to get to atleast at high B2/low C1 level to get that coveted 54-72 points(I think)

What are you willing to give? The CEFR says you'll need at least 600 hours of EFFECTIVE learning to achieve this. Where will those hours come from?
I'm sorry but I laugh at those saying 1 hour a day. Ha! It's not about doing it for an hour and dropping it till the next day. It's the entire journey.

Remember TEF has 4 épreuves like IELTS, your reading may be good, what about your writing, what about your speaking? French speakers who had written IELTS and TEF, said that TEF was by far the more difficult of the two and this is for native French speakers. We have been speaking English for a long time and some still flop on IELTS. I see people saying write TEF, learn French, it's not beans.
The exam also doesn't come cheap, TEF at 210k and TCF at 175k,know what you're getting into.

It's good that you're desperate, if you can tunnel that desperation into the biggest form of discipline that you can give. Discipline that will mean your time and your money. Are you willing to get a tutor(full time is better), read French, eat, sleep and wake up with French? Remember those hours have to come from somewhere. Learning French will frustrate you, but that's where you need the discipline.

Honestly 1 hour a day will not cut it, those who did it in 6months had daily classes and read for hours outside of this DAILY. YOU will make up most of your progress. That's where I agree with @olalekan, he has written the exam and knows what he means. If you can't give it your all, then you might as well be lying to yourself about the 6 months. Now as a mother/father with children, and/or a full time job, with negligible free time, do you think you can do it? Immersion should become your middle name.

I will also advice not starting out on your own if the intention is record time, that's a recipe for frustration and haphazard learning. You can start with the alphabets and simple greetings, maybe Duolingo, that's A0-A1 level.
This is not to discourage anybody o, but we must combine hope with reality.
Sorry for my novel�, but that's my 2CAD.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by chiada(f): 3:06pm On Jul 08, 2022
Allegory:

Depending on your application but typically if you did upfront medicals, after biometrics you begin the wait for PPR

Thanks for the update. God bless.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by chiada(f): 3:10pm On Jul 08, 2022
Ella2000:
Hello all,
A friend has been trying to make payment for his PR application for a week but keeps getting an error message.
It’s not a card issue because it shows error before the payment details page (after signing the declaration).
So he hasn’t even gotten to the card part.
He has tried clear cache, incognito tab & even downloaded other browsers & still no luck. Also filled the technical issues webform and no response yet.
Time isn’t on their side.

Any advice?

I saw this on the IRCC site. I don't know if this is what your friend is experiencing.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by thelma76(f): 3:40pm On Jul 08, 2022
Allegory:
Please who took ielts with mod last month, why are the results not showing online

Also very confused. If anyone has seen theirs, please show us the way
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Francieuche: 6:31pm On Jul 08, 2022
thelma76:

Mod ok..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by upkay: 7:06pm On Jul 08, 2022
Hello,

A question, the good people;

Wife is a PA with a skilled experience (category A) while husband has an unskilled work experience (with category C). Does this combination fly for the husband to be eligible (under the work experience) or the eligibility mainly depends on the PA for FSW?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Daybour1: 7:19pm On Jul 08, 2022
Good evening fam.

Please I need your clarification on the below as there's too much confusion due to hearsay.

Can I travel with a less than 6 months valid passport as a PR?

I need you guys to clear my doubts please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MyVc: 8:05pm On Jul 08, 2022
[
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by AyabaS: 8:09pm On Jul 08, 2022
thelma76:

It’s online now, my sister just checked hers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by eyinola: 8:11pm On Jul 08, 2022
Please ,is the anything like work Permit to Canada? How legti can dat be?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MyVc: 8:19pm On Jul 08, 2022
Please, how long does one stay in the Express Entry Pool before receiving the Invitation To Apply or rejection?

How frequent is the draw done?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 9:48pm On Jul 08, 2022
thelma76:

It’s working now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 9:52pm On Jul 08, 2022
MyVc:

Please, how long does one stay in the Express Entry Pool before receiving the Invitation To Apply or rejection?

Thanks

Could take anything from 2 weeks to 2 years or more.
It depends on so many factors. If you have the perfect score or if your noc is needed by provinces, you’ll wait less than someone whose still trying to increase their score or whose noc isn’t in demand
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Samuelobiora19(m): 9:58pm On Jul 08, 2022
eyinola:

The answer to the 1st question is YES, but the answer to the 2nd question is dependent on who is doing it for you..Most people offering this work permit thing from Nigeria are fraudsters...Shine ya eye
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by eyinola: 10:09pm On Jul 08, 2022
Samuelobiora19:

The answer to the 1st question is YES, but the answer to the 2nd question is dependent on who is doing it for you..Most people offering this work permit thing from Nigeria are fraudsters...Shine ya eye
hmmmmm, thats my fear, too many fake fake people around even when it's legit u will still doubt it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 10:19pm On Jul 08, 2022
upkay:
Hello,

A question, the good people;

Wife is a PA with a skilled experience (category A) while husband has an unskilled work experience (with category C). Does this combination fly for the husband to be eligible (under the work experience) or the eligibility mainly depends on the PA for FSW?

As long as wife is PA, husband’s noc doesn’t matter
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 10:22pm On Jul 08, 2022
eyinola:
Yes but if it’s an agent offering this to you then there’s a huge chance it’s fake
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GeologistMajor: 10:38pm On Jul 08, 2022
British council ielts results for 25th june is not displaying as at 10.30 pm

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 10:58pm On Jul 08, 2022
eyinola:
99.9888% of the time scam
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mcstan18(m): 5:47am On Jul 09, 2022
eyinola:

If someone is courting you with this, chances are you're about to get scammed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Abby212: 7:21am On Jul 09, 2022
Good morning all, please I need your advice. An electrical engineer with proposed CRS score 324. Although considering PNP Saskatchewan with 63 points score.

1) How can I increase my chances or do I submit like that as the occupation is in demand there.
2) Please I also need clarification on the Saskatchewan OID program. Is it easier and better than going through the pool?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Denerystormborn: 8:07am On Jul 09, 2022
Please i want to ask,how many months validity should one have on his passport before travelling after one gets PR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by pongwa(m): 8:50am On Jul 09, 2022
Good day people!
Abeg situation in Naija tire me.
Make somebody help with resources withhow to port through study or express entry na beg I beg o. Any pointers will help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Andi00: 8:57am On Jul 09, 2022
Congratulations!

Please I received my PPR yesterday. I need help on the best place to send my passport to.

I did my biometrics Dec 21, 2021 at the VFS in Lagos. Can I take my documents there physically or do I have to send it via DHL to their office for transmission to a visa office?

Please I need an urgent response, thank you everyone.

tousure:
ECA: November 2019
IELTS: August 2020
Entered the pool: September 9th 2020
ITA: 17th September 2020
Medicals: October 2020
AOR: December 1st 2020
Biometrics Completed: January 2021
Long pause from IRCC, GCMS notes request, had baby
Webform to notify of baby: January 11th 2022 (I did my baby’s passport in parallel)
Response to webform from IRCC detailing process: January 27th 2022
GCMS Notes received: February 8th 2022 (everything was fine with our application and it appeared there was a delay because I had notified them about the baby around the time they wanted to make a decision)
Uploaded baby’s passport & birth certificate via webform: May 4th 2022 (someone advised me to do this so IRCC get a nudge)
ADR for Medicals, POF, Upload new forms due to baby: May 27th 2022 (this sort of confirmed my gut feel on the delay)
Remed: June 17th 2022 (I had to email QLIFE to get a date. IRCC did not request for medicals for my baby yet but I still went ahead and did it to avoid another round of delays)
Medicals passed: June 23rd 2022
Submitted ADR to IRCC: June 24th 2022
Confirmation that documents were received: June 27th 2022
PPR: June 30th 2022

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MyVc: 10:50am On Jul 09, 2022
Allegory:

Could take anything from 2 weeks to 2 years or more.
It depends on so many factors. If you have the perfect score or if your noc is needed by provinces, you’ll wait less than someone whose still trying to increase their score or whose noc isn’t in demand

Alright, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MyVc: 10:52am On Jul 09, 2022
Please, someone should kindly assist me with IELTS Resource Materials

Past Questions and The Study Materials will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by canadaishome: 10:52am On Jul 09, 2022
Landed in Canada with my family. wink

To everyone pursing this goal, DO NOT GIVE UP!

37 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Abby212: 11:10am On Jul 09, 2022
Big congratulations. May the land favour you.
Amen
canadaishome:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 12:12pm On Jul 09, 2022
MyVc:

Read this link and study page 1 - ITA section speaks about draws, their frequency, historic CRS scores, ITA etc.

https://www.nairaland.com/4933819/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/560#112793062

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by chiada(f): 12:58pm On Jul 09, 2022
canadaishome:

Congratulations ���

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Adamaramma: 1:18pm On Jul 09, 2022
Please, where can one find PR draw score on the website? I have been trying to see what recent pool scores are

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (631) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: dickson2000(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.