Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1053371 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (632) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Abby212: 8:59pm On Jul 10, 2022
Thanks.
Please do you know how I can go about it? The instructions on their site is so confusing. I've sent a mail but there's no reply.

yeldey:

He needs licensure for Saskatchewan pnp

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 6:34am On Jul 11, 2022
yeldey:

He needs licensure for Saskatchewan pnp
Oh thanks, I’ve edited my response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Abby212: 9:08am On Jul 11, 2022
Age and no ties in Canada reduced it .
Please how can I increase it? Thanks

Allegory:

Enter the pool as soon as you’re eligible. There are no downsides to entering the pool as soon as you can. A pnp could pleasantly surprise you. Last I checked , Sask cutoff was around 70. I don’t know if it has come down. Why is your CRS so low though, have you considered trying to increase it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by starrez: 4:20pm On Jul 11, 2022
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by blittech: 4:39pm On Jul 11, 2022
Ladygracy:
Thanks for your response. If I wish to create a new profile, do I need to delete the ineligible one? Say I rewrite ielts.
Hello there, if you are still in the check eligibility phase then you have not created an express entry profile. you can always start again and change some of the answers you entered and see if the system finds you eligible. If you rewrite IELTS & have other requirements for creating a profile then, you can the enter the IELTS score and other requirements to check your eligibility.
If what you re asking is about a profile which you created and has now become ineligible then you need to check why it is now ineligible....some of the reasons your EE profile would become ineligible maybe due to change in age, profile created more tha 2yrs ago, POF value entered during eligibility check is no longer valid etc.
Check out this video on eligibility check. Maybe it will help you understand it better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-aJHWP369w

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Darelogistics(m): 6:00pm On Jul 11, 2022
You can get your home before you land in Canada just get the right plug. Darelogistics.
+17802462992 WhatsApp only

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Inenghe: 7:24pm On Jul 11, 2022
PPR+COPR

AOR: Nov 2020
PPR: June 6 2022
COPR: June 30th 2022.
Apologies for the late post. It's been a long time coming and I was too exhausted with the wait and the mental stress I went through.

I knew about this process in 2016 then I was hoping I will make the POF from proceeds of MMM but, my money has been frozen for like forever ���.
After the heartbreak and no source of pof in sight I decided to chill. Fast forward to 2018 something good came then we decided to start the process with credential evaluation.
Between 2018- 2020 I wrote ielts 7 times it wasn't easy at all.
During one of the exams I had a conversation with my children:
Me: telling my kids that I will be traveling to write exams
Child: mummy is it the same exams that takes you to portharcourt?
Me: yes
Child: hmmmmmm, mummy is this how you will keep on writing this exams until you become a Grandma?
Me: laughing and crying at the same time. It was my 6th attempt then. It hurt so bad that I didn't make it but I had to tell them I didn't when the results came. Luckily I did it afterwards.

We submitted in November hoping everything will click by may 2021 but for where?
Jan 2022 we got ADR for remedicals and we did it in February. Longest silence after then when everyone was getting PPR. I wrote to cio sotay them bounce me, they asked me not to send a mail to them again.
I wrote to portal-portail, those one's to said I should stop. I disturb them Sha as I was writing at least 3 times a day. Kept on writing to RROC until I got tired myself. The anxiety was out of this world.

Las Las I got a mail on the 6th but saw it on the 7th. When I opened it and I saw something about not booking flight and that I should notify them on any changes I felt sick because I thought it was another Adr, but it wasn't.
I remain grateful to everyone here answering questions especially the 2018 crew as I learnt a lot during that time.

Kudos to ednut as he is one amongst the few that is still here helping out despite being in Canada as most people leave this forum when they move.

33 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by JennyBay: 7:37pm On Jul 11, 2022
Please which VFS did you use for PP submission
Inenghe:
PPR+COPR

Apologies for the late post. It's been a long time coming and I was too exhausted with the wait and the mental stress I went through.

I knew about this process in 2016 then I was hoping I will make the POF from proceeds of MMM but, my money has been frozen for like forever ���.
After the heartbreak and no source of pof in sight I decided to chill. Fast forward to 2018 something good came then we decided to start the process with credential evaluation.
During one of the exams I had a conversation with my children:
Me: telling my kids that I will be traveling to write exams
Child: mummy is it the same exams that takes you to portharcourt?
Me: yes
Child: hmmmmmm, mummy is this how you will keep on writing this exams until you become a Grandma?
Me: laughing and crying at the same time. It was my 6th attempt then. It hurt so bad that I didn't make it but I had to tell them I didn't when the results came. Luckily I did it afterwards.

We submitted in November hoping everything will click by may 2021 but for where?
Jan 2022 we got ADR for remedicals and we did it in February. Longest silence after then when everyone was getting PPR. I wrote to cio sotay them bounce me, they asked me not to send a mail to them again.
I wrote to portal-portail, those one's to said I should stop. I disturb them Sha as I was writing at least 3 times a day. Kept on writing to RROC until I got tired myself. The anxiety was out of this world.

Las Las I got a mail on the 6th but saw it on the 7th. When I opened it and I saw something about not booking flight and that I should notify them on any changes I felt sick because I thought it was another Adr, but it wasn't.
I remain grateful to everyone here answering questions especially the 2018 crew as I learnt a lot during that time.

Kudos to ednut as he is one amongst the few that is still here helping out despite being in Canada as most people leave this forum when they move.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Georgegreen86: 11:47pm On Jul 11, 2022
Good day house ,
Please how do I contact the MP of my province (Vancouver)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 12:32am On Jul 12, 2022
Georgegreen86:
Good day house ,
Please how do I contact the MP of my province (Vancouver)
there are over 10 mps in Vancouver. Why not google him or her. They will likely ignore your email as you don’t live there by the looks of things

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dfanz: 4:10am On Jul 12, 2022
Abby212:
Good morning all, please I need your advice. An electrical engineer with proposed CRS score 324. Although considering PNP Saskatchewan with 63 points score.

1) How can I increase my chances or do I submit like that as the occupation is in demand there.
2) Please I also need clarification on the Saskatchewan OID program. Is it easier and better than going through the pool?

Thanks
1) Family ties as prescribed by SINP
2) For the nomination process, the timelines for EE and OID are similar, the difference is after you get the nomination. For Sask PNP EE, your 600 points is added to your federal EE profile then you get ITA, submit application and wait 6 months processing time. For OID, you take your nomination and then apply for PR outside of the EE system (It used to be a paper application but now there is an online portal for this). Wait times for OID are significantly longer, curently it takes about a year to get AOR/UCI, this is when the application journey starts so just imagine how long to PPR.

The verdict is if you are eligible for EE, go for it cos it's much faster.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Abby212: 7:59am On Jul 12, 2022
Thanks �

dfanz:

1) Family ties as prescribed by SINP
2) For the nomination process, the timelines for EE and OID are similar, the difference is after you get the nomination. For Sask PNP EE, your 600 points is added to your federal EE profile then you get ITA, submit application and wait 6 months processing time. For OID, you take your nomination and then apply for PR outside of the EE system (It used to be a paper application but now there is an online portal for this). Wait times for OID are significantly longer, curently it takes about a year to get AOR/UCI, this is when the application journey starts so just imagine how long to PPR.

The verdict is if you are eligible for EE, go for it cos it's much faster.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dennyjuff: 8:33am On Jul 12, 2022
Please what do you do if you’re working in a company and ircc sends adr for tax documents and you don’t have.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by littyprincess: 9:47am On Jul 12, 2022
Dennyjuff:
Please what do you do if you’re working in a company and ircc sends adr for tax documents and you don’t have.
You will tell them you don’t have na grin and then submit something else that proves your employment

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by adinnu4(m): 10:02am On Jul 12, 2022
Please house, can one travel immediately one gets PPR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 11:24am On Jul 12, 2022
adinnu4:
Please house, can one travel immediately one gets PPR?

You need to get COPR (aka sending your passport to the nearest Vo for stamping)after receiving PPR email before you can travel.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pateda26: 11:36am On Jul 12, 2022
Dennyjuff:

Have you checked your payslips? It should have your tax details, highlight it and send.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Migan01(m): 12:40pm On Jul 12, 2022
Hello and good day to you.

Please, I'm curious about how abundant employment opportunities are for petroleum engineers (drilling, completion, reservoir and production engineers) as well as what entry level salary looks like. With respect to joining the regulatory bodies or acquisition of license to practice how does the process look like? Do you think it's very important to have Canadian experience/education in order to secure a job opportunity as I've been told that it is? Thank you for your overall contribution to this thread.
Zeus04:

Depends on the firm... Firms would pay around 120k - 140k to developers with like 3-5 years experience... More goes to folks with more experience. Also, Full-stack developers usually earn more.

I know firms based in the US pay way more cos of their market and also due to the USD to CAD conversion rate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by adinnu4(m): 2:27pm On Jul 12, 2022
Dimple10:

You need to get COPR (aka sending your passport to the nearest Vo for stamping)after receiving PPR email before you can travel.

Thank you very much for the information
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 3:38pm On Jul 12, 2022
Migan01:

Please, I'm curious about how abundant employment opportunities are for petroleum engineers (drilling, completion, reservoir and production engineers) as well as what entry level salary looks like. With respect to joining the regulatory bodies or acquisition of license to practice how does the process look like? Do you think it's very important to have Canadian experience/education in order to secure a job opportunity as I've been told that it is? Thank you for your overall contribution to this thread.
these things are online you can read them up. Oil and gas is a dying and volatile industry in Canada. The current government plans to ban cars using fuel in 2035. People still get jobs and make money in the industry. But if you can Enter tech.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cochtrane(m): 6:08pm On Jul 12, 2022
Migan01:

You got the best advice already. Oil & gas is not that great anymore in Canada in terms of potential and also in terms of employment opportunities. If you think you can, pivot to tech. Even if you don't pivot to tech and get a job in oil & gas, start training yourself in tech on the side and take it seriously. The opportunities in tech are just too numerous to go round and the earlier you start upskilling, the better.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by PanicButton: 7:48pm On Jul 12, 2022
Hi Guys,

So I just received my PPR. It has been such a long and arduous journey. It is close to nine months after my first ppr and subsequent addition of my spouse. I wish those still about to get their PPR a resounding goodluck in your journey. Just hang in there, it would get to us all. And to @GraciousWords, thanks for all you do for the community here.

26 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cherishyy(f): 8:21pm On Jul 12, 2022
PanicButton:
Hi Guys,

So I just received my PPR. It has been such a long and arduous journey. It is close to nine months after my first ppr and subsequent addition of my spouse. I wish those still about to get their PPR a resounding goodluck in your journey. Just hang in there, it would get to us all. And to @GraciousWords, thanks for all you do for the community here.

Wow! Congratulations.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 9:17pm On Jul 12, 2022
PanicButton:
Hi Guys,

So I just received my PPR. It has been such a long and arduous journey. It is close to nine months after my first ppr and subsequent addition of my spouse.

Congrats PB!

Meanwhile I hope say this nine months wey you write no get hidden meaning.... we no wan hear any "what are the documents required for addition of newborn" o.... cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 9:32pm On Jul 12, 2022
Inenghe:
PPR+COPR

Child: hmmmmmm, mummy is this how you will keep on writing this exams

I wrote to cio sotay them bounce me, they asked me not to send a mail to them again.
I wrote to portal-portail, those one's to said I should stop. I disturb them Sha as I was writing at least 3 times a day.

Congrats, we understand the exhaustion. Kids say the darnest things! cheesy

grin @ red.......

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ovywils: 10:11pm On Jul 12, 2022
Congratulations
PanicButton:
Hi Guys,

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cherishyy(f): 10:17pm On Jul 12, 2022
Hi guys, I must commend those keeping this thread active with great info. So I'm officially starting my journey plans with this post, and I'll appreciate your help. I have gone through the first page and understood the steps, but I'm still confused about how to start. I and my spouse have a BSC although my spouse is in the medical field. I only have less than one year working experience as I just officially begun working this year while my spouse has over 7 years working experience. I'll like to be the principal because of age advantage.

So, my question here is what other degree can I add to boost my CRS? Going for masters isn't on my plate right now because I'm working, and I intend doubling my hustle grin.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by chiada(f): 10:51pm On Jul 12, 2022
PanicButton:
Hi Guys,

A resounding Congratulations ����. E no easy. We will all testify on here in Jesus name, Amen ��

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1760: 11:00pm On Jul 12, 2022
cherishyy:
Hi guys, I must commend those keeping this thread active with great info. So I'm officially starting my journey plans with this post, and I'll appreciate your help. I have gone through the first page and understood the steps, but I'm still confused about how to start. I and my spouse have a BSC although my spouse is in the medical field. I only have less than one year working experience as I just officially begun working this year while my spouse has over 7 years working experience. I'm 31 and my spouse is 37, but I'll like to be the principal because of age advantage.

So, my question here is what other degree can I add to boost my CRS? Going for masters isn't on my plate right now because I'm working, and I intend doubling my hustle grin.

You can school and still have your masters done simultaneously without strike. You can explore open University
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cherishyy(f): 11:03pm On Jul 12, 2022
studyhub:
You can do either ACCA knowledge level or CIMA certificate in business to add up to two more certificate. Those are short courses and can be done within 3months or less.

You can reach out for guide or study material. Comprehensively all you need to pass either of it.

Thank you. Although these looks like Account courses, and I didn't study anything related to accounting.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cherishyy(f): 11:07pm On Jul 12, 2022
1760:

You can school and still have your masters done simultaneously without strike. You can explore open University

Thanks but it's not just about the strike, I'm trying to raise money right now working two jobs, so I need a course that wouldn't take my time and energy. I do not mind a six month course in IT niche, but I'll like to know if it will be valid/accepted.

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (632) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.