Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,681 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1043978 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (629) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 3:51pm On Jul 13, 2022
Nozino:

Thanks. So there’s no point getting a Msc or certification to increase points ?

No need for extra certification because you already have two or more certificates. However if you want more points and you “think” you have the time, go ahead and do msc for extra points. Wouldn’t advise it in these times that things are changing daily.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 3:54pm On Jul 13, 2022
mayaanyanks:
Hello House,

Please I need help. Can anyone add me to the whatsapp group or share the link for whatsapp group that is for those who dropped their passports in Accra Visa Office and had to re route it to other visa office due to delay in stamping.

Can anyone provide any advice or information on recalling passport and sending to another visa office after PPR.

Thank you.

Out of curiousity, why do you want to recall your passport.

My opinion: it will take some time for the recall to be acknowledged and passport resent back before you direct to another VO. Time that could have been spent just waiting for it to get stamped. Might be best to wait it out. Accra timeline regarding copr stamping hasn’t been that bad tbh. 4weeks for accra direct and 6-8week through lagos vfs

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1760: 4:14pm On Jul 13, 2022
Nozino:

Thanks. So there’s no point getting a Msc or certification to increase points ?

Depends on what you want.

Nd and hnd also increases[add 33]

Msc is another degree entirely and it increases points
[9 points increase from 2 or more]

I stand corrected though
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 4:46pm On Jul 13, 2022
Dimple10:

Wahala something…I want to say something but no idea how to go about it. May the force be with you
Lol, I had to pick my words carefully because it seems she has something in mind which may not favour her in the long run. I hope she does things the right way and not complicate matters. The only solution I see to this is cajoling him to go for the medicals after all he is alive and well.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 5:00pm On Jul 13, 2022
Prettiepearlz:

Lol, I had to pick my words carefully because it seems she has something in mind which may not favour her in the long run. I hope she does things the right way and not complicate matters. The only solution I see to this is cajoling him to go for the medicals after all he is alive and well.

Same same…i was going to advise but once i saw your screenshot and the part where she said someone should help with separation Docs i just maintained.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by PanicButton: 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2022
Dimple10:

Whoop whoop!!! Congratulations again!!!! Now you can have peace of mind…

Thanks a lot. My thoughts are clearer these days. What process are you on now in your application?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by PanicButton: 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2022
Dimple10:

Fear of IRCC and delays is enough birth control as it is.

Lol. You can say that again!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 5:22pm On Jul 13, 2022
PanicButton:

Thanks a lot. My thoughts are clearer these days. What process are you on now in your application?

Still waiting on Accra to release PPR. Upfront re-meds passed since may 28th. Nothing new since then.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cherishyy(f): 5:34pm On Jul 13, 2022
Prettiepearlz:

Yes, your husband’s pharmacy degree will be evaluated as equivalent to a masters degree. However, Pharmacist have a separate evaluation body so he won’t be using Wes, he would evaluate his B.pharm with PEBC. Yes, you can use your NYSC as long as it’s within the last 10 years but we usually advice that your reference shouldn’t categorically state Nysc to be on a safe side. And if your NOC is category zero, you may want to check if it’s in demand in Ontario and if you are on the 460s range, you stand a chance of getting NOI from Ontario. However Ontario requires you to have a minimum of 1 year work experience within the last 5 years.

This is great info.
Super thanks!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mayaanyanks: 5:54pm On Jul 13, 2022
Dimple10:

My passport has now spent almost 5months in Accra. Response why I want to recall and send to another visa office

Out of curiousity, why do you want to recall your passport.

My opinion: it will take some time for the recall to be acknowledged and passport resent back before you direct to another VO. Time that could have been spent just waiting for it to get stamped. Might be best to wait it out. Accra timeline regarding copr stamping hasn’t been that bad tbh. 4weeks for accra direct and 6-8week through lagos vfs
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 5:58pm On Jul 13, 2022
Prettiepearlz:

You posted this on the 4th of February

Bia, you don work with FBI before? cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 6:12pm On Jul 13, 2022
Nov202011:

I have been in this journey for a very long time without ITA, husband man has never been anywhere near support but i have been doing all I can. Now I have ITA through pnp finally and this man has refused to go to medicals with me.

Please what can I do, yes I can do spouse non-accompanying but he must do MEDICALS.

Note, he says he is not against the kids travelling, says i can take the kids for medicals but i know deep down that somehow, he is not totally being truthful.

So please, main reason for this write-up, how can i proceed without him doing medicals.

He must do medicals. You cannot proceed without it, even if he is unaccompanying.

Maybe try and find out what exactly the issue is. Why is he averse? Try and address his concerns. Beg him, grovel if you must. Plead with him to also do the letter of consent allowing the kids to go with you now since you say he is not averse to the children accompanying you.

Don't take any short cuts, they have a way of coming back to bite even after we think we've got what we wanted.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 7:10pm On Jul 13, 2022
GraciousWords:

Bia, you don work with FBI before? cheesy
Lmao, I dey aspire to work there cheesy cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 7:50pm On Jul 13, 2022
Prettiepearlz:

You posted this on the 4th of February, good to know your husband has resurfaced. However my very candid advise to you is to not do anything to jeopardize your chances in this journey. You have to do things the right way. You are looking for who to help you arrange separation document or what did I read? If you have genuine reasons to be separated from your husband, start it legally now and get a legal document binding your separation from your husband but be ready to face the hurdles of getting him to give a letter of consent to travel with kids (most usually wait till this time). If you don’t mean the separation, the only option is to let him know that him not going for medicals is going to stall your application and he needs to be supportive. He can decide to stay back and not relocate with you if he wants. You are neck deep into this to play games that would affect your application now or later in the nearest future. I wish you all the best.
hahahaha dont blame the woman. She was asking using imagined scenarios . Which kind husband be this self common medicals lol. These things are not always easy for women , like my friend who wanted to divorce her husband who regularly beats her till she faints and to coma once. But he was never going to allow her take the kids to Canada without him. So she dumped the divorce process, all of them dey Canada now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 8:15pm On Jul 13, 2022
shocked shocked shocked

Something is definitely not right somewhere.

mayaanyanks:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 8:33pm On Jul 13, 2022
ednut1:
hahahaha dont blame the woman. She was asking using imagined scenarios . Which kind husband be this self common medicals lol. These things are not always easy for women , like my friend who wanted to divorce her husband who regularly beats her till she faints and to coma once. But he was never going to allow her take the kids to Canada without him. So she dumped the divorce process, all of them dey Canada now.
To be honest, I feel for her but she has to do things the right way, make she no go hook. Some people are just naturally selfish and they only think about themselves. And there is a possibility that he doesn’t understand the implications of him not going for medicals hence the reason he is insisting on not going for medicals. Except he has a hidden medical condition, which he doesn’t want his wife to know about, I see no reason for his refusal but what he doesn’t know is that she won’t be given any details regarding his medical report. As for your friend’s husband, I hope he won’t try that shit in Canada hence he will be in deep shit. I don’t believe people like him change though. Na person like him dey drive the narrative of women growing wings abroad but they won’t say the part they played in the mess. She is in my thoughts.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by usmee(m): 11:05pm On Jul 13, 2022
1. Please how long will it take to get a PPR?

1st ADR 22nd June : to submit PCC, Relationship Assesment Questionnaire, Spouse's Passport photograph, supplimentary travel information. (Uploaded 28th June)

2nd ADR 4th July: New International passport for spouse. (Uploaded same day)

2. Which visa office is the fastest to send passports to when requested and what's the process like?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nozino: 1:00am On Jul 14, 2022
Dimple10:

No need for extra certification because you already have two or more certificates. However if you want more points and you “think” you have the time, go ahead and do msc for extra points. Wouldn’t advise it in these times that things are changing daily.

Thank you ma.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nozino: 1:01am On Jul 14, 2022
1760:

Depends on what you want.

Nd and hnd also increases[add 33]

Msc is another degree entirely and it increases points
[9 points increase from 2 or more]

I stand corrected though

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 7:45am On Jul 14, 2022
Nozino:

Thank you.
Hi, just evaluate your ND and HND, get into the pool . If your occupation is in demand, you may be lucky to get a NOI from any of the provinces that picks from the pool.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 8:26am On Jul 14, 2022
Mayaanyanks Five whole months shocked or do you mean 5 weeks? 5 months is absurd, biko report, recall, whatever you have to do. Did you join the Accra VFS group on telegram?

@Panicbutton what a relief, congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cherishyy(f): 8:39am On Jul 14, 2022
Hi everyone, for those who has done CIMA, can I study online and write the exams online? I'll also like to know the cost too.

So, I went to their website and I was quite confused. I saw Nigeria, and when I clicked, it showed me a Lagos location (classroom study). I'm not anywhere close to Lagos. Please what can I do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 8:48am On Jul 14, 2022
ednut1:
She made the right decision, she’s better off divorcing him in Canada where he can’t frustrate her life.

As for @Nov2020 I think she has one of those husbands that just up and leave, don’t really care about what she does with the family but might frustrate her plans for the fun of it if he hears Canada either this or she doesn’t know where he is or how to reach him. She’s confident she can forge his consent but medicals is the huge snag in the plan. The obvious answer is to do a legal separation which she has figured out but I don’t get why she’s on nairaland asking for a separation document plug when she can hire a lawyer and do the real thing.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 9:10am On Jul 14, 2022
cherishyy:
Hi everyone, for those who has done CIMA, can I study online and write the exams online? I'll also like to know the cost too.

So, I went to their website and I was quite confused. I saw Nigeria, and when I clicked, it showed me a Lagos location (classroom study). I'm not anywhere close to Lagos. Please what can I do?
Another similar option to CIMA is ACCA, 3 papers one free FIP to be completed at your pace and you get the same evaluation as CIMA. Pass mark is 50%. If you have an accounting background or anything similar, you are entitled to exemptions but it has mostly been advised that you shouldn’t take more than 1 even if you’re entitled to take all 3.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cherishyy(f): 9:16am On Jul 14, 2022
Prettiepearlz:

Another similar option to CIMA is ACCA, 3 papers one free FIP to be completed at your pace and you get the same evaluation as CIMA. Pass mark is 50%. If you have an accounting background or anything similar, you are entitled to exemptions but it has mostly advised that you shouldn’t take more than 1 even if you’re entitled to take all 3.

Okay, thanks. But I don't have an accounting background. I studied Arts in uni.

I learnt that CIMA is less of accounting than ACCA. Besides, numbers isn't my thing. And I don't know if I can do CIMA without going to Lagos.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by PanicButton: 12:30pm On Jul 14, 2022
Allegory:
Mayaanyanks Five whole months shocked or do you mean 5 weeks? 5 months is absurd, biko report, recall, whatever you have to do. Did you join the Accra VFS group on telegram?

@Panicbutton what a relief, congrats

I know right. Thank you!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 12:31pm On Jul 14, 2022
cherishyy:

Okay, thanks. But I don't have an accounting background. I studied Arts in uni.

I learnt that CIMA is less of accounting than ACCA. Besides, numbers isn't my thing. And I don't know if I can do CIMA without going to Lagos.

Have you considered BCS IT certificate or diploma
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cherishyy(f): 1:10pm On Jul 14, 2022
Dimple10:

Have you considered BCS IT certificate or diploma

Thank you Dimple10. So I just looked at the website, I called the number on it for Nigerian Training Provider. He said the program spans for six months, after which there'll be an exam in April. Next intake will be Sept/Oct.

Thank you so much. I'll consider the route.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ChristabelleD: 1:27pm On Jul 14, 2022
SirKelvegaz, my guy you have gone quiet o. All the ginger of count down wink Just checking in on you. 20th isn't far anymore and for everyone feeling a little weighed down with the wait just hang in there we are all in this together.

SirKelvegaz:
2 Days until D-Day!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by msrcoor(f): 2:59pm On Jul 14, 2022
Aniejasmine:

I'm married, currently self employed and no children yet. Are you looking for a study buddy?

I need a study buddy too, I'm married without kids yet. If you don't mind, can we be French study buddy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ridboy94(m): 4:13pm On Jul 14, 2022
Good day lovely people. All protocols duly observed ooo. Please does anyone have an idea if the Unilag HRDC diploma in French proficiency would have a positive evaluation. It’s a 9 month program which I’m considering. Waiting for a prompt reply. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (629) (Reply)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

Viewing this topic: studycenter and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.