Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,835 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1050002 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 5:35pm On Aug 03, 2022
Olamiikunle:
Good Day everyone,
my wife did her police report in March when she visited Nigeria
Can she still use the report after the stipulated 3 months validity for her application?
N.B- She is in Canada and intends to put in her application for PR this month.

If she cant use it, is it possible to get another Police Report in Absentia?
unless she did the police report the day she travelled there will be a gap there. So cant be used. I think the process is now online or about to be online. Look for contacts of people working there to enquire. This is inspector moshood not sure he is still there.
https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/654#91807175
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by senoraaquila(f): 7:43pm On Aug 03, 2022

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 7:52pm On Aug 03, 2022
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by blittech: 8:22pm On Aug 03, 2022
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Saynoomore: 9:13pm On Aug 03, 2022
Hi guys,
Please I updated my Work History, but I can see the Work History showing "updated", instead of "Transmitted". Should I be worried? What can be done? undecided . It's been so for over 48hours. The site isn't easy to use at all. undecided

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Rapture07: 9:23pm On Aug 03, 2022
Pls guys, Schedule A form for spouse, is it the principal applicant or the spouse that would sign it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bigmills: 10:15pm On Aug 03, 2022
Congrats o...Good news all around
Chenkes:
Got our stamped passports yesterday

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TWoods(m): 10:38pm On Aug 03, 2022
Immortalregis:

Scenario: Worker at a construction site isn't wearing a hard-hat, safety shoes and bright-coloured vests.

Step 1:
Nigerian response: It's just another day at the office.
Toronto response: One passerby who doesn't know or care about the site and will probably forget about the site in 2 seconds flat calls the authorities.
Step 2
Nigerian response: Local government council comes to spray 'stop work' on your fence. You go to the office and settle the matter.
Toronto response: Government official comes. God wants to punish you that day so 2 more workers are in the same situation as worker 1. Official asks to see foreman. With a smile, "ogbeni ona don enter my hand today". Politely engages with foreman, shows remarkable empathy when foreman explains that rising costs of safety gear mean some folks don't have but they'll get it today, talks about inflation and how hard things are with foreman before proceeding to give foreman a ticket: safety shoes - $380, hat - $250, vest - $190, safety rope - $100. For each worker. Then the company pays the same amount. For each worker. All of a sudden your staring a $5000+ bill that you must pay or you'll face even stiffer punishment all because Ciroma, Chukwuma and Adekunle refused to wear safety gear. Errhm, don't try to settle with the official cos na prison straight. Just respect yourself and pay to the government account.

If you drive like Dominic Torreto and cause accident, you're finished. Jam person for road e no die? You're finished. The person die? Finished. Wound person intentionally or through negligence? You better have a good lawyer cause that lawsuit go bloody. In short, every offence has a ridiculously high fine attached to it.

It isn't kindness that makes the system here work. It is the fear of the government. The fear of consequences that come when you fall on the wrong side of the law. The laws are designed to milk you dry with draconian fines if you offend and if you can't pay, or you're a serial repeat-offender, na prison straight. The government officials I've observed do not hate or love you, they feel your pain but are remorseless when it comes to punishing offenders. That's why the mantra here appears to be 'Ija wa, Ija osi... always guiding' which roughly translates to 'bro, err on the side of caution.'
Having said that, if you obey the law, nobody send you for here o! Just paro lo!!

Disagree. Fear of the government isn't what makes the system work, it is that more people want the system to work than want to cheat the system. The key is in the person that reported the violation - "one passerby".

The difference between the Nigerian and Canadian passerby isn't fear, it's that the Nigerian passerby doesn't care ... he is the one who excuses violations with "na who holy pass"... the Canadian passerby cares about following the rules that he is willing to take time out of his day to call in the violation. He didn't have to, he chose to...

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TWoods(m): 10:48pm On Aug 03, 2022
grasiouso:
Please I need help.

My husband seized my Visa and COPR so I’m unable to travel.

I am heavy and due to travel in August with my ticket already booked.

He has travelled already and he took my passport with visa and my COPR and cut off communication with me. He never even allowed me see the COPR cos he had his plans so now I’m stranded in Nigeria and need help on what to do.

Please how do I go about retrieving these documents from IRCC?

A little background:

The marriage has been filled with serious emotional abuse from my husband mainly because I was added to his Canadian EE application. He willingly added me just after we got married and this somehow delayed his getting PPR as it took over 2 years before it finally came. I have seen hell in this 2 years with him constantly blaming me for the delay, then he would accuse me of not being submissive and appreciative of the sacrifice. He threatens me with divorce all the time saying I'm not submissive and he cannot take a woman he cannot control to Canada. Repeatedly tells me he made a mistake marrying me. He tells me no man can ever do what he did for me. That most men will not add their partner to their application and that I'm supposed to be worshiping him. Note that I had to bear all the financial requirements for everything concerning my own.

ma'am, you know what to do. Get a lawyer and write a letter to Canadian immigration... he committed a crime by seizing your passport and COPR and frankly, there is no reason Canada should continue to harbor a criminal. Get his residency canceled and see if you can keep your COPR on a humanitarian basis. Get to work and stop crying about it...

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TWoods(m): 10:51pm On Aug 03, 2022
Dimple10:
me thinks report to IRCC and see if COPR will be reissued. If yes, apply for new passport and declare old one lost/stolen then follow the advice bolded.

cc @grasiouso

That's lying. If the husband wanted to get back at her, he could easily send her passport to Canadian immigration and say she lied that her old passport was lost. She would then be completely screwed.

She can still keep her COPR on humanitarian grounds, she just has to report this fast enough.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TWoods(m): 10:55pm On Aug 03, 2022
Saynoomore:

If he is denied his PR or citizenship as a result of your reporting him. You would have just succeeded in making an already bad situation worse! I will advise you tread with caution. Hold on a little. I believe he wants to see you handle this with maturity. You might consider calling family members first before taking such a harsh line of action.

From your narrative, I think it's not really about these petty issues you mentioned, rather it's more about the words you trade and bandy with him in your moments of anger and quarrel. When he starts nagging about you not being submissive, simply apologize or if you feel you don't owe him an apology, just remain mute. Words said in moments of anger (especially by most women) can be extremely hurtful, and some men don't forget them easily. You strike me like someone who would retort at every word said! some women believe they must have the last say.

e.g.
Man: you have disobeyed me, this wasn't our initial plan
Woman: In what way have I disobeyed you, oga sabinus, you always play Mr. Know it all. Am I your slave?
Man: You are not submissive
Woman: *laughs and claps loudly* Oh! so, you married me to worship you, you have failed o, if that's what you thought. It's 50/50, nobody is oga in this house
Man: Okay, I will show you that I'm the oga in the house. There can't be two captains in a ship
Woman: Shame on you! go and do your worst!

The man leaves with resentment that his wife has dared him, and thinks of every possible way to prove he is a man. He seeks every means to implement his worst action and teach the wife a lesson without lifting his hands, lest he is described as a violent man or even accused of physical assault. An apology or keeping quiet could have nipped the whole matter in the bud. Since the lady doesn't apologize, he must hatch a plan to prove a point and make you come back on bended knees.

So, madam, this is just an illustration o! I'm not saying that this was what transpired, but that in most cases it's the words that have been traded in moments of anger that precipitate vendetta. I don't think your husband will be so wicked as to deny you (and the unborn kid) access to such an opportunity. He just wants to seize the passport for a while to see whether you'll be humble enough to apologize. I doubt if you have apologized! you're prolly still holding stubbornly to your own threats as well. You guys are in that power-tussle stage most newlyweds go through to establish supremacy - this usually occurs when the couple both have ego issues. Your story reads too one-sided to believe he's that cruel. To be honest, holding tenaciously to an unapologetic stance and claiming you've done nothing wrong doesn't help sometimes.

I'm shocked that some people here are suggesting you report to IRCC to deport him and you have already started taking the suggestion as the best line of action, without firstly exploring peaceful resolution - this is the more reason I mentioned earlier that you are also probably contributing to the problem through your obstinate stance to matters. Seek peaceful resolution first, extend the olive branch, then give some time for him to reflect on your peaceful approach, if he remains unyielding, then you can take the radical approach. One comes before the other!

This is an absolutely shocking post. lipsrsealed

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TWoods(m): 11:00pm On Aug 03, 2022
grasiouso:

Thank you for your contribution. I cannot tell you I am perfect but what you described here is not the case. The man I married nags a lot. I walk on egg shells around him cos he picks quarrel over the most irrelevant thing you can think about. I don’t talk too much and but not matter how much I try not to talk he would not stop nagging and throwing heartbreaking words at me all because he says he is doing me a Favour in the marriage. There is only so much a human can take and bear before reacting but I have never challenged him in any way you described above.

Also I’m not considering reporting him to be deported or anything. I actually intend to report the documents as missing to any relevant authorities and see if they can reissue it hence my asking for more information on it. Canada is not a do or die affair for me cos even my spirit is no longer keen about the migration with all I’ve heard and had to bear cos of it.

Thanks for your opinion anyway.

If you're not keen on traveling then don't lie to Canadian immigration. Simply count this as a loss and move on.

However, i am awfully disappointed that this is the approach you wish to take. It is not a sign of maturity, meekness or love to not make sure someone does not abscond with your property. You have every right to eat of the fruit of your labor. The child is his... but you're going to be raising him/her all alone, in Nigeria... while he parties away in Canada? Please report him so we don't have to deal with criminals like him on this side of the Atlantic. thanks!

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TWoods(m): 11:02pm On Aug 03, 2022
Nacho4:
I don't know the full story between you and your husband, but from what you Have said, your husband is a wicked man.
More importantly, he is foolish too. He didn't think his actions through. Canada knows that he is a married man. And his application didn't say non-accompanying. Visas were also issued to two persons. They have all that information. Sooner or later he will answer to why he is in Canada without his wife. This is Canada.

Someone said maybe he is testing you. It is only the devil that tests people this way.

If somehow you eventually come to Canada, leave that man for your own good. (and incase you are actually the witch in this whole story - leave him for his own good. Animals have more rights than men here and you would only make his life more miserable if you stay with him)

Or he did... and doesn't care because he doesn't think she has the guts to do or say anything...

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cochtrane(m): 12:07am On Aug 04, 2022
TWoods:

Disagree. Fear of the government isn't what makes the system work, it is that more people want the system to work than want to cheat the system. The key is in the person that reported the violation - "one passerby".

The difference between the Nigerian and Canadian passerby isn't fear, it's that the Nigerian passerby doesn't care ... he is the one who excuses violations with "na who holy pass"... the Canadian passerby cares about following the rules that he is willing to take time out of his day to call in the violation. He didn't have to, he chose to...
I don't want to start an argument, but I'd like to make a comment on this.

I think you are underestimating the number of people who will stand aside and not intervene in situations like this. In Toronto or many other Canadian cities, you can literally be ruffled up by strange people on the street or in the bus and people will just stand around or look away and not intervene. Some days ago, a lady was telling me about her friend who fell flat on her face while walking on the streets of Toronto, and no one as much as offered a helping hand. As a newcomer, she found this very strange. So, it isn't really assured that someone will call. Most times, nobody will. So, the system doesn't work based on people's calls. Yes, it's nice if people called, but that's not necessary.

Above all, it's not because someone called that the government (or its agencies) intervene. Even if no one calls, random inspections can find out defaulters and if they have contravened the rule book, they incur a heavy fine. Trust me, that heavy fine is a huge deterrent. So, the person who calls is just another piece of the puzzle, perhaps a very small piece. It's definitely not the major piece here.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Immortalregis: 1:47am On Aug 04, 2022
cochtrane:

I don't want to start an argument, but I'd like to make a comment on this.

I think you are underestimating the number of people who will stand aside and not intervene in situations like this. In Toronto or many other Canadian cities, you can literally be ruffled up by strange people on the street or in the bus and people will just stand around or look away and not intervene. Some days ago, a lady was telling me about her friend who fell flat on her face while walking on the streets of Toronto, and no one as much as offered a helping hand. As a newcomer, she found this very strange. So, it isn't really assured that someone will call. Most times, nobody will. So, the system doesn't work based on people's calls. Yes, it's nice if people called, but that's not necessary.

Above all, it's not because someone called that the government (or its agencies) intervene. Even if no one calls, random inspections can find out defaulters and if they have contravened the rule book, they incur a heavy fine. Trust me, that heavy fine is a huge deterrent. So, the person who calls is just another piece of the puzzle, perhaps a very small piece. It's definitely not the major piece here.
Thanks for this response. The passers-by is a really small piece of this puzzle.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by jjohndoe83: 1:47am On Aug 04, 2022
TWoods:

Baba, it is the fear of government o. Fear of consequences. When you receive $600 fine for failing to stop at red light, nobody will teach you have sense. You touch person in a confrontation lasan, assault charges straight, criminal record and your life is ruined.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cochtrane(m): 2:00am On Aug 04, 2022
jjohndoe83:

Baba, it is the fear of government o. Fear of consequences. When you receive $600 fine for failing to stop at red light, nobody will teach you have sense. You touch person in a confrontation lasan, assault charges straight, criminal record and your life is ruined.
Just a few days ago, my brother ran a red light by mistake and started screaming to himself immediately. Couldn't get his mind off it and hours later at home he still couldn't stop thinking about the huge fine coming in the mail in a few weeks. This is despite being careful while driving. I can only imagine how much more careful he will try to be going forward.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Immortalregis: 2:22am On Aug 04, 2022
TWoods:

The key is in the person that reported the violation - "one passerby".

I'll ask one question:
If this pure-of-heart Canadian, this altruistic Canadian observes Joseph the carpenter 'knacking' a piece of 2 by 2 plank with a hammer, barefooted on a rickety bamboo scaffold at a 3-storey building construction site in Ajangbadi, who does he call? Sorry, what number does he call?

My choice of the word 'draconian' in my original post is intentional as the law relating to infractions in Toronto is harsh and not open to interpretation. I'll use yet another example to illustrate my point.

Scenario:
Driver cheats you by charging you a higher bus fare than usual. You demand your correct change and exchange words. Things get heated.

Lagos/PH scenario:
He insults your mother. You 'hook' him on his shirt and a minor scuffle ensues. Passengers come and separate you guys. You go home with a story to tell.

Toronto scenario:
There's a plexiglass shield protecting the driver. If you're mad enough to still find a way to touch the driver, your fine is $2000 and/or jail time. I know the exact amount because it is written boldly beside the driver's seat. How many sober people anywhere in the world will incure a $2000 dollar fine willingly? $2000 just because you hook driver shirt? From what I've seen so far, $2000 is just the start cos you're getting sued by just about anyone that can sue you for the incident. The system makes it hard to get to the driver (plexiglass) but if you do, very harsh punishment awaits you. This is just one aspect of the law, you can extrapolate it to other areas to see why people respect themselves a lot.

It is written in black and white so there's no room for arbitrariness. A judge cannot say pay $50 because you're a fine girl or you're from my tribe... the system ensures that. Well actually, the judge can try but if he/she gets caught... You know the rest.

I'd also be careful making blanket statements about Nigerians. I understand we have an unhealthy amount distrust towards each other but we should also be wary of making generalisations. Case in point, I got my apartment solely because I'm Nigerian. My Asian landlord said immediately I said I was Nigerian,the case was settled cos he'd had dealings with us and was very impressed with our honesty and integrity. E shock me too! grin

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by jjohndoe83: 2:27am On Aug 04, 2022
Saynoomore:

Pele tie o!

I have not in any way exonerated the husband's retaliation. If anything, the joy that comes with a PR is enough to even make both of them dance away whatever grudge has been held.
You’re excusing bas behaviour. Period.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by fabmo: 3:23am On Aug 04, 2022
EmmaG100:

I have same issue.......still in it, any solution yet??
Not yet
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bezimo(m): 3:25am On Aug 04, 2022
jjohndoe83:

E be like you don sabi these Canadian people..Lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Charityjunkie(f): 4:44am On Aug 04, 2022
TWoods:

That's lying. If the husband wanted to get back at her, he could easily send her passport to Canadian immigration and say she lied that her old passport was lost. She would then be completely screwed.

She can still keep her COPR on humanitarian grounds, she just has to report this fast enough.

It might be lying but it is her best bet to move forward without too much time wasted. Her husband can’t send her passport to immigration because it would incriminate him and support her statement that her passport was “lost/stolen”. He would have to explain what he was doing with her passport in the first place without her knowledge.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cooooooks(m): 5:52am On Aug 04, 2022
You never see anything yet.

TWoods:

This is an absolutely shocking post. lipsrsealed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cooooooks(m): 5:54am On Aug 04, 2022
Must be AB. IS that the only province that has these automatic ticketing machines?

You or your friend should visit Montreal. Naija crase never reach anywhere. In St.John's, the police will stop you.

cochtrane:

Just a few days ago, my brother ran a red light by mistake and started screaming to himself immediately. Couldn't get his mind off it and hours later at home he still couldn't stop thinking about the huge fine coming in the mail in a few weeks. This is despite being careful while driving. I can only imagine how much more careful he will try to be going forward.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cooooooks(m): 5:57am On Aug 04, 2022
Did someone answer this question?

I am interested in the answer as well.

Rapture07:
Pls guys, Schedule A form for spouse, is it the principal applicant or the spouse that would sign it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cooooooks(m): 6:18am On Aug 04, 2022
1. You must be able to do all your work on your computer. Must be able to use Excel, Powerpoint, Word. Youtube is filled with playlist courses. If you can or are interested, you could learn another deeper skill, such as Autocad, Photoshop, Primavera, etc, these will take months though. So, only learn deeper skills if they are related to your career.

2. Tailoring and hair making are definitely great skills to learn. However, you may not have enough demand to do this job full time. However, it could be a great job while searching for something else, if a stay-at-home parent, or to build some savings. e.g: braiding is actually difficult to find, especially for guys. Electrical & plumbing skills could be good if you will work or study those fields. You will still need to be certified here. So check out the certification requirements per province.

3. Personally, as a single guy that cooks soup periodically, you don't need much. My suggestions:
- Dried pepper is extremely important. Fresh scotch bonnet can be gotten here. Better still, you can have a small garden (including int he city).
- dried fish: a lot. vacuum sealed tight and can be stored in a freezer (not fridge)
- crayfish: also vacuum sealed. Ziploc will suffice.
- Egusi, Ogbono, other thickeners etc. These are tough to get or relatively expensive. Groundnut soup can be easily made here with all ingredients.
- No need for leaves except special (Okazi, Uziza). Prepare to use spinach. Frozen spinach is relatively cheap here.
- You can't legally travel out with Palm oil and palm oil is in great supply. Try out the Chinese/Asian stores. If Africans live in their areas, they usually have a lot of items.
- For swallow: forget it. Unless you bring one pack for the first few meals, prepare to make potato swallow, plantain swallow (plantain is roughly 1.2 times the price of banana).
- Do not bring Indomie, noodles cost ~ 20 to 80 cents each here.

4. You can use bathroom scale to measure your luggage. You weigh yourself, weigh yourself holding your luggage (make sure the bag is not touching anything); subtract and you have the weight of the luggage.

5. For clothing: bring your underwear (should be changing it periodically), some corporate clothes, up to 10 traditional clothes (especially if going to African church). Bring at least 2 jackets: one for cold weather and another for freezing weather. Don't spend too much on these items. You will almost definitely replace them soon.

Good luck.

Zeewirld:
.The four bolded are what I would love you to throw more light on.
Firstly, IT Skills. What are the general IT skills that you would encourage anyone to learn? In addition, would you suggest that skills such as electrical ,plumbing ,tailoring ,hair-making and other related skills are learnt? if yes, what advantages would they confer on the learner?

Secondly,Skills that sells..Please what do you mean by this?

Thirdly, getting enough soup and stew spices and ,food stuffs .Do you suggest that one cargo food stuffs such as yams, beans, garri ,Ofada rice ,Dry pepper ,flour ,locust beans, red oil and some related products in large quantities. IS the cost of cargo worth it?

Fourthly ,buying a digital scale. Where exactly can one get the most accurate digital scale? What kind of bags do you think one should use to cargo the goods and for boarding?

In conclusion, for clothing. Assuming one is not coming in winter.Do you think it is ok to come with a lot of clothes?

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cooooooks(m): 6:22am On Aug 04, 2022
Did you get a response?

chiada:
Good afternoon all, hope our day is going well.

I got a request letter in mycic account requesting I upload some documents to facilitate addition of my new born.

I thought a section will be created for her to upload documents into placeholders with labels BUT I observed just one placeholder (named replacement documents) was provided under my husband's section who is the principal applicant and it was labeled "KITS, APPLICATION FORMS".

Am I supposed to merge all the requested documents into one and upload?

I am asking because I know from experience with the application that placeholders have size limit.

Please I await your response biko as I am confused.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cooooooks(m): 6:28am On Aug 04, 2022
If he is in a particular city in Canada, perhaps we could reach out to the Nigerian Association in that area to talk some sense into him.

He is playing with fire. Even citizenship can be revoked.

grasiouso:

Thank you for your contribution. I cannot tell you I am perfect but what you described here is not the case. The man I married nags a lot. I walk on egg shells around him cos he picks quarrel over the most irrelevant thing you can think about. I don’t talk too much and but not matter how much I try not to talk he would not stop nagging and throwing heartbreaking words at me all because he says he is doing me a Favour in the marriage. There is only so much a human can take and bear before reacting but I have never challenged him in any way you described above.

Also I’m not considering reporting him to be deported or anything. I actually intend to report the documents as missing to any relevant authorities and see if they can reissue it hence my asking for more information on it. Canada is not a do or die affair for me cos even my spirit is no longer keen about the migration with all I’ve heard and had to bear cos of it.

Thanks for your opinion anyway.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cooooooks(m): 6:29am On Aug 04, 2022
Go to Facebook or/and Kijiji.

160485:
Good Day!
I am an incoming international student in Sept (fall) 2022. I am looking for available room for rent near to location: Centennial College Story of Art Campus
I am looking for a private room with all utilities included, i will be in Canada on 25th of agoust, please DM or leave comment with price
Thank you for your time

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cooooooks(m): 6:36am On Aug 04, 2022
Marriage is a partnership.

If he brings that "worship me" mindset to Canada, he will create problems for him.

Even in Nigeria, many relationships are moving away fromt he caricature "worship me" mindset.

There are ways you can stealthily play along until you get to Canada. The fact is, in Canada, you have all the cards, especially when he is abusive (including verbal or silence apparently).

Please reach out to some of the ladies on here who are in Canada, especially the particular province he is in.

grasiouso:
Please I need help.

My husband seized my Visa and COPR so I’m unable to travel.

I am heavy and due to travel in August with my ticket already booked.

He has travelled already and he took my passport with visa and my COPR and cut off communication with me. He never even allowed me see the COPR cos he had his plans so now I’m stranded in Nigeria and need help on what to do.

Please how do I go about retrieving these documents from IRCC?

A little background:

The marriage has been filled with serious emotional abuse from my husband mainly because I was added to his Canadian EE application. He willingly added me just after we got married and this somehow delayed his getting PPR as it took over 2 years before it finally came. I have seen hell in this 2 years with him constantly blaming me for the delay, then he would accuse me of not being submissive and appreciative of the sacrifice. He threatens me with divorce all the time saying I'm not submissive and he cannot take a woman he cannot control to Canada. Repeatedly tells me he made a mistake marrying me. He tells me no man can ever do what he did for me. That most men will not add their partner to their application and that I'm supposed to be worshiping him. Note that I had to bear all the financial requirements for everything concerning my own.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by raheemkeji(f): 7:43am On Aug 04, 2022
After seeing my fourth Ghost update on Sunday, I called an IRCC agent on Monday. The agent informed me that all stages had been completed/passed on July 30, 2022, and a note is on my profile requesting the CIO to send the read for Visa email. Again, how much time would wait before I receive PPR?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Rapture07: 8:08am On Aug 04, 2022
cooooooks:
Did someone answer this question?

I am interested in the answer as well.

Apparently no one has answered. Though I am checking online to see if there is an answer

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (631) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: KingDemolah(m), Opemipo2107 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.