Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1050673 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Sara2022: 6:46pm On Aug 05, 2022
ciwi:

That’s not on Ircc ‘s website. We should only work with wat is on the official website please

Cic website has the same information.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Bibitayo2: 6:46pm On Aug 05, 2022
Thank you for the clarification.

I appreciate it.
cochtrane:

For most jobs in data science, employers are looking for people with a masters or phd degree. This is often explicitly stated in the requirements. Don’t underestimate what a masters can fetch you in Canada. Most times it actually earns you the interview. However it doesn’t automatically earn you the job. You still have to prove yourself in coding interviews or technical sessions.

But getting that masters in Uk is of no serious advantage in Canada if it’s not from Oxford or Cambridge. Most of these employers don’t know your regular Uk school. In fact, you are better off with a degree from Toronto Met than you are with one from Leeds or City. So if you really wanna do the masters, which will certainly give you an edge in your application, try to do it in Canada, if your final destination is Canada.

But if you final aim is getting a job in Canada after PR, my suggestion will be to start applying first while doing your masters. Chances are that, if you can do the job well, you could score some interviews and land a role even before finishing your degree.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ciwi: 7:04pm On Aug 05, 2022
Sara2022:

Cic website has the same information.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

If you continue reading, you would see that it’s talking about the past. @madayaya

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Sara2022: 7:19pm On Aug 05, 2022
ciwi:

If you continue reading, you would see that it’s talking about the past. @madayaya

You can only use what has been done in the past to determine what the potential processing time will be if you submit today. That being said it does not mean it will not change and reduce as backlogs clear or some people might not have faster processing times, but the average processing time as of August 2 is 26months.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ciwi: 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2022
Sara2022:

You can only use what has been done in the past to determine what the potential processing time will be if you submit today. That being said it does not mean it will not change and reduce as backlogs clear or some people might not have faster processing times, but the average processing time as of August 2 is 26months.

No. It clearly says that this processing time is fr the past.

For current processing time, see link below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/check-your-status.html

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by raheemkeji(f): 6:16am On Aug 06, 2022
Alhamdulillah, After 5 years of striving toward it, I have finally received my PPR. I would want to thank everyone for their kind support and convey my timeline to you.

MPNP Nomination – 5th December 2021
1st ITA – 10th December 2021
AOR – 20th December 2021
Profile Rejected/Cancelled as incomplete – 3rd Feb 2022 (Due to the submission of religious marriage certificate).
New profile created - 10th Feb 2022
2nd ITA – 2nd March 2022
AOR -7th March 2022
Medical passed/BIL- 26/28th April 2022
Eligibility Passed -22nd June 2022
Criminality Passed -18th July 2022
Security Passed -30th July 2022
PPR – 5th August 2022

33 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by raheemkeji(f): 6:27am On Aug 06, 2022
The wait is usually like an hour.

cooooooks:
You called from Nigeria?

How long was the wait?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Duch1092: 9:32am On Aug 06, 2022
Dam29:

Yes I am having the same problem. I have sent several emails and called severally but VFS cairo keeps saying they are waiting for the embassy. I don’t know what else to do. I’m thinking of calling IRCC

———-

Hello Dam29, please how did you resolve this? I’m in the same situation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ezzylee(m): 11:29am On Aug 06, 2022
raheemkeji:
Alhamdulillah, After 5 years of striving toward it, I have finally received my PPR. I would want to thank everyone for their kind support and convey my timeline to you.

PPR – 5th August 2022

Congrats ma’am
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dydimples: 11:58am On Aug 06, 2022
Congratulations

raheemkeji

post=115428796:

AOR – 20th December 2021
Profile Rejected/Cancelled as incomplete – 3rd Feb 2022 (Due to the submission of religious marriage certificate).
2nd ITA – 2nd March 2022
AOR -7th March 2022
PPR – 5th August 2022
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dydimples: 12:14pm On Aug 06, 2022
Good morning house. Please assist with a link for transcript from Nnamdi azikwe university.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Marike2: 1:19pm On Aug 06, 2022
raheemkeji:

AOR – 20th December 2021
2nd ITA – 2nd March 2022
AOR -7th March 2022
PPR – 5th August 2022

Congrats! It has ended in praise.
Pls is this Express Entry aligned PNP or non-Express Entry route?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Seankay323: 1:33pm On Aug 06, 2022
Good day ppl, may God grant you your relocation dream. please can someone give me a breakdown of what needs to be sent to vfs lagos?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by balqees004(f): 3:43pm On Aug 06, 2022
[quote author=raheemkeji post=115428796]Alhamdulillah, After 5 years of striving toward it, I have finally received my PPR. I would want to thank everyone for their kind support and convey my timeline to you.

AOR – 20th December 2021

Congratulations dear sis. Pls which marriage certificate did you later use for your visa to be approved. Am having similar issue...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by DooLiz: 7:47pm On Aug 06, 2022
Any idea how one can get school transcript from schools now that they are on strike? Benue state University.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pateda26: 10:31pm On Aug 06, 2022
Does this now mean that, it is wrong to send login details to relatives in Canada to help in payment of application? Which people usually do cos of the inability to do regular dollar transaction in Nigeria?

Even people who use representatives are getting jittery with this letter. The person who received this said he contracted a certified representative and declared same in the application but still got this kind of rejection.

This rejection is very wicked in my opinion.

1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 12:20am On Aug 07, 2022
Pateda26:
Does this now mean that, it is wrong to send login details to relatives in Canada to help in payment of application? Which people usually do cos of the inability to do regular dollar transaction in Nigeria?

Even people who use representatives are getting jittery with this letter. The person who received this said he contracted a certified representative and declared same in the application but still got this kind of rejection.

This rejection is very wicked in my opinion.
nothing wicked here. Its the rule. Someone else signed for the applicant which is same as someone else signing a paper for you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by raheemkeji(f): 7:43am On Aug 07, 2022
I registered with the Federal Marriage Registry, IKoyi. Let me know if you have any further clarification.

[quote author=balqees004 post=115442848][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pateda26: 8:00am On Aug 07, 2022
ednut1:
nothing wicked here. Its the rule. Someone else signed for the applicant which is same as someone else signing a paper for you.

Okay! So it means you can't login from different IP or how could they be so sure about the applicant did not write the name himself?

Secondly, their guidelines stated that debit or credit card can used to effect payment, which is not correct for Nigeria.

So does it mean people asking relatives in canada to help them pay because of dollar/bank issues here are flouting the rules or are relatives not considered as third party for this purpose?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 10:00am On Aug 07, 2022
Pateda26:

Okay! So it means you can't login from different IP or how could they be so sure about the applicant did not write the name himself?

So does it mean people asking relatives in canada to help them pay because of dollar/bank issues here are flouting the rules or are relatives not considered as third party for this purpose?

I didn't know these sign in rules existed......but IRCC seem to track IP addresses for GC key login.

If these are the rules, then applicants need to get the credit/debit card details of someone who trusts them rather than give their own GC Key details to a relative/friend/consultant/rep/lawyer. That, OR get their own dollar card which some Nigerian banks offer.

The application was deemed incomplete and returned which usually means the person needs to get ITA again, but the last line says for IRCC to CONTINUE processing. Can the fellow then resubmit using their own portal details based on this? Is this what they typically write in a cancelled app letter? Abi na me no read am well?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 10:19am On Aug 07, 2022
raheemkeji:

AOR – 20th December 2021
2nd ITA – 2nd March 2022
AOR -7th March 2022

PPR – 5th August 2022

Congrats!!!

Was it cancelled because it was a Nikkai/religious certificate and not a civil one or because the certificate was not translated? Asking because many had previously used their Nikkai.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 11:16am On Aug 07, 2022
Pateda26:

Secondly, their guidelines stated that debit or credit card can used to effect payment, which is not correct for Nigeria.

there is debit and credit card in Nigeria. Dom account debit card works too. Let the relative send their card details or you do screenshare. The signature may show a stamp backend or IP address. Or how else did the officer notice

Before getting ITA people should also try and open dom account. Looking for relatives to pay for you sometimes is blackmail as they may not need your naira equivalent at that point. And selling that naira for cad is extreme sports. In groups where people do peer to peer cad/naira sales. Once someone offers to sell in 10 seconds it’s bought already.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pateda26: 1:46pm On Aug 07, 2022
GraciousWords:

I didn't know these rules sign in existed......but IRCC seem to track IP addresses for GC key login..... I once got a message that I wouldn't be able to log in for having tried from IP addresses indicating different countries within a very short time.

If these are the rules, then applicants need to get the credit/debit card details of someone who trusts them rather than give their own GC Key details to a relative/friend/consultant/rep/lawyer. That, OR get their own dollar card which some Nigerian banks offer.

The application was deemed incomplete and returned which we usually means the person needs to get ITA again, but the last line says for IRCC to CONTINUE processing. Can the fellow not resubmit using their own portal details based on this? Is this what they typically write in a cancelled app? Abi na me no read am well?

The last paragraph of the rejection letter lost me as well.

Lots of people have hitherto got help with payment by sending login details to relatives, should we say they are lucky or this officer did too much or there is more to the application than we know?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Pateda26: 1:57pm On Aug 07, 2022
ednut1:
there is debit and credit card in Nigeria. Dom account debit card works too. Let the relative send their card details or you do screenshare. The signature may show a stamp backend or IP address. Or how else did the officer notice

Before getting ITA people should also try and open dom account. Looking for relatives to pay for you sometimes is blackmail as they may not need your naira equivalent at that point. And selling that naira for cad is extreme sports. In groups where people do peer to peer cad/naira sales. Once someone offers to sell in 10 seconds it’s bought already.

Advice on way forward for new applicants is very valid.

But Nigeria's debt cards are useless for the application.

SINP or was it a regulatory body SINP needed to certify me, they specifically stated that cards from Nigeria are not allowed.

IRCC needs to be categorically accurate about their claims too.

This signing matter was quite obscured before, not many people took cognizance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 2:11pm On Aug 07, 2022
Pateda26:

Advice on way forward for new applicants is very valid.

But Nigeria's debt cards are useless for the application.

SINP or was it a regulatory body SINP needed to certify me, they specifically stated that cards from Nigeria are not allowed.

IRCC needs to be categorically accurate about their claims too.

This signing matter was quite obscured before, not many people took cognizance.
if you dont read their immigration laws its on you not them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nsyjah: 4:00pm On Aug 07, 2022
Okay
Thanks very much
1760:
Those ae the major ones, there are pgd, nd,hnd, ciin, cipm

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lush100(m): 6:04pm On Aug 07, 2022
Good every folks,
Pls what's a nomination route and why is it called nomination.

What should one have to have an advantage in the nomination route.

Pls anyone with a genuine answer
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Francieuche: 9:01pm On Aug 07, 2022
28th May IELTS
Previous
Listening 8.5
Writing 6.5
Speaking 7.5
Reading 6.5
23 July 2022
Present
Listening 6.5
Writing 7.0
Speaking 8
Reading 7.5
I can now rest in Jesus name this is fourth IELTS..
I stick with my 424 and hope on God
On God..

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Debbieeeeeee: 11:42pm On Aug 07, 2022
Francieuche:
28th May IELTS
Previous
Listening 8.5
Writing 6.5
Speaking 7.5
Reading 6.5
23 July 2022
Present
Listening 6.5
Writing 7.0
Speaking 8
Reading 7.5
On God..
I know it’s not easy but Keep writing till you get your 490 crs back please. Don’t give up, Canada is the goal and we will get there.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by CountVersailles(f): 12:04am On Aug 08, 2022
Francieuche:
28th May IELTS
Previous
Listening 8.5
Writing 6.5
Speaking 7.5
Reading 6.5
23 July 2022
Present
Listening 6.5
Writing 7.0
Speaking 8
Reading 7.5
On God..
That 424 won’t take you anywhere. Even in the golden days of 433’s, 424 never showed up.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by seunpinky(m): 12:52am On Aug 08, 2022
ednut1:
there is debit and credit card in Nigeria. Dom account debit card works too. Let the relative send their card details or you do screenshare. [b][/b]The signature may show a stamp backend or IP address. Or how else did the officer notice

At the bolded, would u be willing to share your credit card details with anyone? grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) ... (631) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.