Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,552 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1065434 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (636) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ca08abe(f): 8:49am On Sep 03, 2022
Good morning everyone.

My question is on POF.
I am the PA and I intend to use my salary account which has been building up gradually since the start of the year. However, now that the crs are falling and drawing close to my score, is it okay to make up the balance of the POF in my account by asking my husband to transfer the balance to me before the ITA comes? I have 85% of the money currently and he will be transferring 15% of the total POF which is not a large amount I believe. Will I have to explain this transfer?
NB: My husband and I do not have a joint account.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by newnig: 9:26am On Sep 03, 2022
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by chiada(f): 9:38am On Sep 03, 2022
Ca08abe:
Good morning everyone.

My question is on POF.
I am the PA and I intend to use my salary account which has been building up gradually since the start of the year. However, now that the crs are falling and drawing close to my score, is it okay to make up the balance of the POF in my account by asking my husband to transfer the balance to me before the ITA comes? I have 85% of the money currently and he will be transferring 15% of the total POF which is not a large amount I believe. Will I have to explain this transfer?

I and my husband had a similar experience but in our case he was the PA.

A friend in Canada who also went through the process advised I do the below immediately.

1. Open a joint account. We opened a joint account, moved money individually into the account. From my husband's salary account and my personal savings account.

2. Open a fixed deposit. We opened a time deposit investment (fixed deposit) to run for 182days with gtbank. Bear in mind that we opened a joint account with gtbank also for ease of transfer and explanation.to IRCC.

3. We presented the following as POF
*Individual account statement. We did this so as to explain the inflow of funds into the joint account. My personal savings account and my husband's salary account.
*Joint account statement
*Fixed deposit investment certificate
*Pension (25%) for both of us. Individual documents from our pension managers.
*LOE explaining all the above.
*Letter of non-indebtedness

Since you don't know when it will get to you in terms of the draw, you can open a fixed deposit investment.

Just my own opinion on how we navigated.

We have gotten PR.

PS: we indicated that we both had access to the full funds at all times. We both signed the LOE.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ca08abe(f): 10:20am On Sep 03, 2022
[quote author=chiada post=116309571]

Hi Chiada,

Thanks for the response please. I’m hopeful that I will be drawn in early October, meaning I have less than 60 days to open a fixed deposit investment. Do you think we can still open a joint account, then we will both transfer into the joint account and submit our individual statements to support the joint account balance, then provide an LOE for the process?

Or is it easier to just get a gift deed for the balance 15%.

I’m just confused sorry.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by AshleyCW: 10:33am On Sep 03, 2022
Please can you advise on the the appropriate NOC to use for Group HSE Manager (top HSE leader in a conglomerate)? I'm thinking 0112 but I'm not sure. Has anyone applied as an HSE Manager?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by littyprincess: 11:38am On Sep 03, 2022
WGCDDNE90:
Hi, this is my first post here. Hopefully I am posting it under the right section.
Please I need advise. I got PPR in June 2022 and proceeded to add spouse (got married 2021) and baby (gave birth January 2022). I am using an agent for this process. The thing is my husband did an upfront Medicals November 2021 and everything was submitted. We just got a mail that his medical results are not complete and that we should contact the physician for the complete result.
We are confused because the upfront Medicals will expire this November and when PPR comes, the validity of COPR will be Nov 2022 (no time). So should we message IOM Abuja to ask for the remaining results or just do another Medicals entirely (The cost of traveling is another thing o). Has anyone experienced a situation like this before, where their complete results were not transmitted?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.
Do a completely new medical to avoid any wahala.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by jany(f): 1:34pm On Sep 03, 2022
Hello house, please has anyone used NOC 0601 as a self-employed applicant?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by blittech: 1:38pm On Sep 03, 2022
Deedee05:
Hello family, I am demoralized right now and I need advice. Got my Ielts test results today, dunno if a remark will Favour me�
Your decision on whether to remark or take another IELTS exam depends on what your target score is.
If your plan is to get 8.5,8,7.5 7.5 then remarking wont do the trick because you can manage to get your writing score to go up by 0.5 or 1 but for reading, I doubt if it will change.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Amaanvad(f): 2:03pm On Sep 03, 2022
GraciousWords:

Sure send the US passport if it has more than 6 months to expiry.

I assume IRCC are asking for passport bio data because your old ones have expired or have less than 6 months to expiry. When a dual citizen applies for PR and one passport is a US one, IRCC usually default to the US one so please proceed with that....that's what I would do.

I'm 99.9999% sure it won't be an issue. If you got remed you'll notice they used the US passport details for the child. Also if you ever ordered GCMS notes you'd notice the US one was used even though the child also has Nigerian nationality.

Will you submitting these as an upload on your profile or by email? Do both if possible.

Thank you ma'am. Will do. I really appreciate your prompt responses. God bless you. Amen
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Rahl007: 3:31pm On Sep 03, 2022
It expires on the anniversary of your medical or re-medicals.
In my case my medicals were in November but I got extension for the meds (this year) January 2022 so my copr is until January 2023
But if your passport expires before your medicals anniversary then your Copr will be valid until then. It’s one or the other, never heard of the ‘1 year of getting PPR’ before.
bigmills:
what I actually want to ask is "When is the expiry of COPR"?
1 Year from when PR was approved or 1 year from last medical.
a friend of mine said hers was 1year from when PR was approved
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by chiada(f): 3:34pm On Sep 03, 2022
[quote author=Ca08abe post=116310587][/quote]

I think the gift deed should be a better option.

My dear, please seek other people's views also.

Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Marike2: 4:45pm On Sep 03, 2022
Hello Gurus in the house grin

Pls what type of reference should be used by a self employed/sole proprietorship applicant who is the PA?

Who should give such reference?
Does biz registration certificates from CAC alone suffice?

I would appreciate answers pls?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ehiremen2002: 5:56pm On Sep 03, 2022
Thanks for the response. You cant believe it. After I posted the message and got your reply. We got update from IRCC requesting for original IELTS result and not photocoy.

Not sure why they requested for it. As I already send the scan copy of what we collected from IELTS.

and we are given 9 days to upload.

chiada:

I don't think there is a standard timeline for Biometrics request.
I submitted application on April 11th and got Biometrics request on June 29th.
So it might come in anytime from now.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ehiremen2002: 8:15pm On Sep 03, 2022
Seems IRCC website is not responding. Has anyone login recently.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Chimsonari2: 9:06pm On Sep 03, 2022
Hi all
Your good news is on the way.
Aor July 2nd 2021
Remed request June 16, 2022
GU for recent passport doc August 24th, 2022
PPR September 2nd, 2022

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by WGCDDNE90: 9:32pm On Sep 03, 2022
littyprincess:

Okay thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by WGCDDNE90: 9:42pm On Sep 03, 2022
littyprincess:

Okay, thanks for your response. We are thinking of contacting IOM Abuja on Monday to clarify my husband’s medicals. Basically doing as IRCC has instructed but still book an appointment for another medicals just in case.
I don’t know, can you go for medicals when the previous one has not expired? What’s the possibility of an extension?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by miolad20(m): 9:45pm On Sep 03, 2022
No issues here. There's no rule that says all the POF must be in the PA's account only - correct me if this is wrong. Let your husband write a letter that the money in that account will be used for you both to settle in Canada, and you have access to it. Get bank letters on both accounts, and do a summary in an LOE.

This is what I did. See the tips and sample letter and summary in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvx-BK-urYc

Ca08abe:
Good morning everyone.

My question is on POF.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by soulmate19: 11:05pm On Sep 03, 2022
Hello
Is it not possible for you to enter the pool with this result while you prepare to rewrite another one? Or must one have a particular score band before one can enter the pool?
Asking out of curiosity thou

Deedee05:
Hello family, I am demoralized right now and I need advice. Got my Ielts test results today, dunno if a remark will Favour me�
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by soulmate19: 11:06pm On Sep 03, 2022
Congratulations

Chimsonari2:
Hi all
Aor July 2nd 2021
PPR September 2nd, 2022
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bigmills: 11:59pm On Sep 03, 2022
He can enter the pool with this result and when he up his scores can update profile
soulmate19:
Hello
Is it not possible for you to enter the pool with this result while you prepare to rewrite another one? Or must one have a particular score band before one can enter the pool?
Asking out of curiosity thou

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by littyprincess: 12:34am On Sep 04, 2022
WGCDDNE90:

Okay, thanks for your response. We are thinking of contacting IOM Abuja on Monday to clarify my husband’s medicals. Basically doing as IRCC has instructed but still book an appointment for another medicals just in case.
I don’t know, can you go for medicals when the previous one has not expired? What’s the possibility of an extension?
The possibility of an extension is very rare especially when you live in Nigeria and other third world countries. It’s mostly people in first world countries or clients in Canada that get their medicals extended. Yes you can do another medical even if your previous one hasn’t expired.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by AshleyCW: 2:37am On Sep 04, 2022
Please can I get assistance on the correct NOC to choose? The closest I have seen is 0112. My job title is Group HSE Manager. Here are my duties:

1. Working closely with the senior management team, the focus of this position is to shape, agree and implement strategic direction for the HSE culture in the business.
2. Leading a team of team of 30 HSE professionals across the various Business units and locations.
3. Implementing an effective KPI framework and ensuring all systems and processes are robust, fit for purpose and that they are fully aligned with customer and legal obligations.
4. Mapping out a whole Health Safety & Environmental Sustainability progression plan for the company and ensuring that there is consistency across the Group
5. Driving Leadership commitment through continuous engagement of business leaders in demonstrating visible safety leadership on safety and environment compliance monitoring and enforcement.
6. Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with external stakeholders.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Deedee05: 7:07am On Sep 04, 2022
blittech:

Your decision on whether to remark or take another IELTS exam depends on what your target score is.
If your plan is to get 8.5,8,7.5 7.5 then remarking wont do the trick because you can manage to get your writing score to go up by 0.5 or 1 but for reading, I doubt if it will change.

Thank you for this. I just need my Speaking and listening to be at least a 7 (they are currently 6.5) so I can be in the pool while I gather money to rewrite. I am focused on PNP too. What do you think?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 7:53am On Sep 04, 2022
Marike2:
Hello Gurus in the house grin

Pls what type of reference should be used by a self employed/sole proprietorship applicant who is the PA?

Who should give such reference?
Does biz registration certificates from CAC alone suffice?

I would appreciate answers pls?

Pls refer to page 1...... there is a link there (below and picture) about applying as self employed with details on what docs to provide and the experiences of other self employed folks.

CAC alone will NOT suffice. Your clients can write a ref letter. You cannot write one yourself.

https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#107239683

#StudyPageOnePlease

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 7:54am On Sep 04, 2022
Chimsonari2:
Hi all
Aor July 2nd 2021
PPR September 2nd, 2022

Congrats!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 7:55am On Sep 04, 2022
jany:
Hello house, please has anyone used NOC 0601 as a self-employed applicant?

This person initially wanted to, but changed to another NOC

https://www.nairaland.com/5187408/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/449#81126190

See page 1 post 3 for self employed gist.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 8:00am On Sep 04, 2022
AshleyCW:
Please can I get assistance on the correct NOC to choose? The closest I have seen is 0112. My job title is Group HSE Manager. Here are my duties:

1. Working closely with the senior management team, the focus of this position is to shape, agree and implement strategic direction for the HSE culture in the business.
2. Leading a team of team of 30 HSE professionals across the various Business units and locations.
3. Implementing an effective KPI framework and ensuring all systems and processes are robust, fit for purpose and that they are fully aligned with customer and legal obligations.
4. Mapping out a whole Health Safety & Environmental Sustainability progression plan for the company and ensuring that there is consistency across the Group
5. Driving Leadership commitment through continuous engagement of business leaders in demonstrating visible safety leadership on safety and environment compliance monitoring and enforcement.
6. Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with external stakeholders.

Thank you.

Match your NOC using method in the link and picture from page one below.....very last sentence in that post.

https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#107239722

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 8:16am On Sep 04, 2022
ehiremen2002:
Thanks for the response. You cant believe it. After I posted the message and got your reply. We got update from IRCC requesting for original IELTS result and not photocoy.

Not sure why they requested for it. As I already send the scan copy of what we collected from IELTS.

and we are given 9 days to upload.

Maybe scan again as colour ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ciwi: 9:25am On Sep 04, 2022
Guys, please does it matter if one makes a mistake on passport number while scheduling an appointment for medicals with IOM?? Like instead of 37, you write 36, is that a problem?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Clicked: 9:42am On Sep 04, 2022
Please,

IMO STATE UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPT LINK

Is there anyone here who evaluated their transcript from IMO STATE UNIVERSITY?
I need help please.

@icehot I sent you a mail

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (636) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

Viewing this topic: Perezzoe and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.