Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,520 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1045922 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (630) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Basmoj: 8:37am On Jan 22, 2023
Hello, good morning.
Please i need help......
Myself and my family have been on Canada PR waiting list since 2019 and still nothing.
I've called customer service, sent emails and raised web formBut all to no avail.
In September when i last spoke with a customer care representative, she said the only thing left is eligibility verification but till now still nothing.
The only option we haven't explored is to employ immigration lawyer.....but we can't do that now as it's expensive and we can't afford that noe.
Please do you have any pointers to help?

ITA – 18th September 2019
AOR – 1st December 2019
New medical ls passed 5th May 2022 and dependant newborn added
Type of Application: Permanent Residency Online
Category: Express Entry FS
Submission Date: 30/11/2019
Visa Office: Accra.

Please kindly help. Our medicals is due to expire soon again 🥹🥹 and some other documents too.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Bukky562(f): 8:38am On Jan 22, 2023
Kindly send your email address. I will send it to you
ganie:

Please help me with your study materials for IELTS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Bukky562(f): 8:39am On Jan 22, 2023
ganie:

Please help me with your study materials for IELTS

Send your email address. I will send it to you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Bukky562(f): 8:42am On Jan 22, 2023
Please is there a Graduate of English who is in Saskatchewan... It's urgent
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:46am On Jan 22, 2023
Basmoj:
Hello, good morning.
Please i need help......
Myself and my family have been on Canada PR waiting list since 2019 and still nothing.
I've called customer service, sent emails and raised web formBut all to no avail.
In September when i last spoke with a customer care representative, she said the only thing left is eligibility verification but till now still nothing.
The only option we haven't explored is to employ immigration lawyer.....but we can't do that now as it's expensive and we can't afford that noe.

AOR – 1st December 2019

Please kindly help. Our medicals is due to expire soon again 🥹🥹 and some other documents too.
Thanks
Go through graciouswords post you will find helpful tips for your application. I hope you get sorted soon, the wait is not easy.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by semitunde: 9:10am On Jan 22, 2023
Pls anyone who has up to $550 on a (preferably gtbank) dollar card and can exchange for naira, pls reply to me. We need to pay for a flight and the dollars we have isn't enough. Use of escrow is also fine.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Atomiq: 10:23am On Jan 22, 2023
amosutomi@gmail.com
Bukky562:
Kindly send your email address. I will send it to you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ganie(m): 12:36pm On Jan 22, 2023
Bukky562:

abdullahsegun01@gmail.com
Thank you very much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Fenix: 1:27pm On Jan 22, 2023
Good day everyone.

Please I need advice on the education portion of the express entry application form. Should I enter all my degrees but only evaluate my highest degree? I have two masters. Will this help me get more points?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 1:33pm On Jan 22, 2023
Fenix:
Good day everyone.

Please I need advice on the education portion of the express entry application form. Should I enter all my degrees but only evaluate my highest degree? I have two masters. Will this help me get more points?
https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/321#86059586 you already answered yourself here in your old post. When you calculated the scores here you obviously saw the available options. One masters and two masters give the same scores 🙄
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 2:06pm On Jan 22, 2023
ednut1:
https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/321#86059586 you already answered yourself here in your old post. When you calculated the scores here you obviously saw the available options. One masters and two masters give the same scores 🙄
Went for second master's instead of TCF/TEF?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 2:08pm On Jan 22, 2023
semitunde:
Pls anyone who has up to $550 on a (preferably gtbank) dollar card and can exchange for naira, pls reply to me. We need to pay for a flight and the dollars we have isn't enough. Use of escrow is also fine.
Which arliner? I paid with my GTB naira account for my wife's ET trips from Canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by owee: 2:16pm On Jan 22, 2023
Hi Guys,

I have an NOI from Alberta under the accelerated tech pathway and need to submit an application to the province. However, while filling out the forms I came across some areas I am not too sure of how to approach them. I hope to gain some insight from your experiences here with PNP applications.

i. How does one provide a reference letter for express entry if self-employed or running your own business? Also, is it mandatory to have a work history if you are not the primary applicant and going through the PNP route?

ii. As the principal applicant, do I need to indicate my current employment in the work history(as I would need to provide a reference letter)? Doing this would mean I need to ask the employer for a reference letter and that would indicate I intend to leave them for another province (currently work as a skilled worker in a different province from Alberta).

iii. My reference letters were obtained a few years ago long before I traveled to Ca for school. Do these need to be very recent? Does anyone know if they contact the employers? (It's possible the HR folks listed in the reference letters might have even left these companies).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Basmoj: 2:49pm On Jan 22, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

Go through graciouswords post you will find helpful tips for your application. I hope you get sorted soon, the wait is not easy.
ok..... thanks a lot.
Aaminnnnn o
Hope is thining......
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by SusuYangs: 5:39pm On Jan 22, 2023
me too pls ohonba.oy@gmail.com
Bukky562:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Goulak: 7:17pm On Jan 22, 2023
madayaya:

Leave it as a dollar, then find the balance in your naira and put it in your account. Then print both the dom account and naira account statements and submit them as your pof . It’s precisely what I did and it worked! But remember if both balances are less than 6 months old add an LOE stating how you got the money
hello, just to be clear on what you said, I have my ITA already, meaning my funds won't to be there for up to two months, will writing an LOE suffice?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by dipset01: 7:26pm On Jan 22, 2023
my wife was recently denied visa to the uk, I am filling the ITA form and the question below is being asked.

"Has XXXXXXXXX ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Should I just answer truthly, God will punish this UK guys, they denied her for no reason.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 7:34pm On Jan 22, 2023
dipset01:
my wife was recently denied visa to the uk, I am filling the ITA form and the question below is being asked.

"Has XXXXXXXXX ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Should I just answer truthly, God will punish this UK guys, they denied her for no reason.
they share information with each other if you don’t disclose they will still find out and you go collect 5 years ban for misrepresentation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by megastu(m): 7:47pm On Jan 22, 2023
lol. Why would God punish them? What will God do to you if you do not answer truthfully?
dipset01:

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by maybemm(m): 8:10pm On Jan 22, 2023
oyebanjie@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Abercrome: 8:18pm On Jan 22, 2023
dipset01:

Answer truthfully. We don’t support misrepresentation here. I had a visa refusal from Canada itself and I disclosed it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 8:37pm On Jan 22, 2023
vizioo:

You seem dismissive of everyone who posts here because you have had more experiences in Canada, and you know a few people who confirm your beliefs about this situation. That's fair enough. But maybe you'd take me more seriously since I have been in Canada for almost 15 years (and worked a survival job for some of those years).

As @NuCypher pointed out, your story is not the norm, and it really doesn't matter that you know friends of friends who have similar stories. Also, the notion that people are where they are (or that they get the opportunities they get) solely based on the effort they put in is one of the most dangerous narratives in society today. You could have been job searching at a time when the demand was high; your UK credentials could have helped; the fact that you were so established in Nigeria could have also been a factor - the point is that there are SO many other variables (apart for you "trying" ) that helped you get where you are today.

I respectfully disagree with most of the points you used to justify a soft landing, but I guess that's what your experience (and that of the people around you) has been. Of course, that view may broaden as time passes and you talk to more people.

To everyone on this forum, I want to say what a great community this is. I wish I had known about it while processing my application a few years back! I'm only here now because I am helping someone with their application. Reading through this forum allows me to monitor the timelines since people are so kind to post important updates.

Good luck to everyone!
Disagreements are normal and our perspectives are different thus we may not agree on everything as you noted your 15 years experience is different from my 7-8 months encounters in Canada. It will be a great thing if people learn bits and pieces from each others experiences.
It is very painful to see people dissatisfied when they move to Canada with high expectations and get disappointed. I also faced a lot of disappointment in the GTA housing market and wished I read about people's encounter and prepared myself better. Kept extending my stay at an air bnb till I ended up spending 4 months at an air bnb (CAD12,000 +). Imagine if I had a wife and kids. Met two people who ended up renting a home (one at pickering and another Welland) at a place they didnt desire to live in but had to because they couldn't rent at more desirable areas. Boredom, loneliness and dissatisfied with couple blaming each other. Nobody likes to go down lower than where they are that's why companies retrench workers once the economy is in recession . Nobody likes to go from being a professional worker to a menial worker thus I like to encourage professional workers migrating from Nigeria to Canada to try to utilize all possible avenues to transition to a professional or better roles in Canada instead of accepting that its the norm to start as a menial worker.

On another hand support systems are hard to come by among Nigerians in Canada thus the average nigerian moving to Canada needs to plan as well as possible. Glad I came to canada with enough money to finance my 4 month air bnb stay and deposit 3 months rent as a condo. Otherwise things would have been harder than it was

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 10:28pm On Jan 22, 2023
tshtsh:

Disagreements are normal and our perspectives are different thus we may not agree on everything as you noted your 15 years experience is different from my 7-8 months encounters in Canada. It will be a great thing if people learn bits and pieces from each others experiences.
It is very painful to see people dissatisfied when they move to Canada with high expectations and get disappointed. I also faced a lot of disappointment in the GTA housing market and wished I read about people's encounter and prepared myself better. Kept extending my stay at an air bnb till I ended up spending 4 months at an air bnb (CAD12,000 +). Imagine if I had a wife and kids. Met two people who ended up renting a home (one at pickering and another Welland) at a place they didnt desire to live in but had to because they couldn't rent at more desirable areas. Boredom, loneliness and dissatisfied with couple blaming each other. Nobody likes to go down lower than where they are that's why companies retrench workers once the economy is in recession . Nobody likes to go from being a professional worker to a menial worker thus I like to encourage professional workers migrating from Nigeria to Canada to try to utilize all possible avenues to transition to a professional or better roles in Canada instead of accepting that its the norm to start as a menial worker.

On another hand support systems are hard to come by among Nigerians in Canada thus the average nigerian moving to Canada needs to plan as well as possible. Glad I came to canada with enough money to finance my 4 month air bnb stay and deposit 3 months rent as a condo. Otherwise things would have been harder than it was

I think you all make a lot of sense and just to bring a psychological perspective to it, nothing in nature likes to go down, either perceived or real. I am in a similar situation where I have the status to relocate but I have to ensure I have the required soft landing. This might not be everyone’s case.

The average Nigerian trying to relocate abroad cannot afford a soft landing as it is not cheap nor convenient, for most it is an escape. There is no luxury of some staying and some leaving, when you borrow money to do POF what will you use to stay? Also hussle can be frustrating but there are lessons. Many African women are not trained to share living expenses and it is how they have experienced things over the years where men appear to carry the “load”, also African men, Nigerians that I know of specifically are not trained to be transparent in their financial dealings with their spouse, the reasons are obvious, who is this Ada you sent 5k to? We would rather continue to send in secret and sleep tight.

There appear to be a success story in the end for most people so the means to achieve that would vary for everyone. If we attempt to imitate other peoples’ situations without consideration of what makes ours distinct, we would find our families in turmoil and risk our relationships.

In other words, know your way to the market and follow it!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TWoods(m): 5:48am On Jan 23, 2023
dipset01:

You're thinking of lying on an entry visa, while asking "god" to punish men/women who are just doing their job? grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Stevostical(m): 2:30pm On Jan 23, 2023
Good day everyone, Can anyone confirm if CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner) can be evaluated to make two or more certificates?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 3:08pm On Jan 23, 2023
tshtsh:

It is very painful to see people dissatisfied when they move to Canada with high expectations and get disappointed.

2 super important things gained from these discussions.......

1. plan, plan, plan - not necessarily soft landing which is expensive for most, but prepare as much as possible is the message and don't assume you can hustle your way through.

Plans do fall through sometimes....true

People whose plans always jive are in the minority...true

Nevertheless, the majority should still plan, at least plan small to minimize surprises.

2. try, try, try - I still marvel that there was someone in the EE pool with CRS of 75 who got ITA in the mega draw of Feb 2021! He only got an ITA because he was actually in the pool......many people with 300/400 not in the pool, have not done IELTS or ECA because their CRS is low.

Better to apply for 100 jobs and not get any, than not to apply at all.

On the other hand, a job that isn't my ideal job (I guess this is what we call survival) is still a job, so long as it's legal, pays bills and gives me the opportunity to continue to aspire to my ideal.

Keep at it people....Blessings!

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 3:08pm On Jan 23, 2023
amaya21:
Great to see all the PPRs and other news coming through. I haven't been here in a minute. Special congratulations to @graciouswords - checked back in here to see your story!

Thanks mama! kiss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 3:10pm On Jan 23, 2023
Bilingualism:
PPR

Score 505
ITA-28th sept 2022
AOR-23rd October 2022
Upfront medical submitted and passed 4th Nov2022
Gu1-5th Nov 2022
Biometric linked-7th November 2022
GU2 1Dec2022
Gu3 18th Jan 2023
Request letter (ppr)-19th jan 2022

Thank you all for your encouragement.

God did this one o

Congrats! That was quick!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 3:21pm On Jan 23, 2023
Basmoj:
Hello, good morning.
Please i need help......

AOR – 1st December 2019

Please kindly help. Our medicals is due to expire soon again and some other documents too.
Thanks

Sorry about the delay in your app. Some things to do:

1. Send a webform (i.e. contact IRCC asking them to complete your application processing). Page 1 has the link for this

2. Send an Email to your Visa Office (contact IRCC asking them to complete your application processing). Search NL, narrow down to travel section for email addresses for Accra or other VOs.

3. Contact a Member of Parliament (MP). List of MPs here: https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en they may or may not respond

4. Contact the Prime Minister (PM) and IRCC Minister. See here - https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/278#115785736

5. Order your GCMS notes to know the detailed status of your app and if there are any issues (do this at the same time as 1 and 2 above). Process to order is on page 1. If application is showing as approved....use this to repeat steps 1 and 2 above asking them to finalise since GCMS says approved.

6. Request an Order of Mandamus - costs from $1 or $2k upwards. Read here for some details: https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/248#114860720 and https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/248#114861262
The court allows you to file with them yourself ......without a lawyer for much cheaper (the actual court fee is something ridiculous like $50 or so) but I wouldn't advise this unless you have a Canadian lawyer friend to guide you on the process for free.

It's almost guaranteed (humanly speaking) that you will get a favorable response to a Mandamus within 60 days, unless IRCC have a very valid reason for the delay

Hope you hear good news soon!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 3:51pm On Jan 23, 2023
Glad to see the drop to 490!
Congrats to ITAians!!
@All, please STUDY PAGE 1!!!

Bisous Bisous kiss

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by paramound: 5:39pm On Jan 23, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (630) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.