Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1050934 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ayo83: 3:57pm On Feb 09, 2023
Can i apply for international passport on the immigration website myself or i will need to seek the help of someone working there to help apply for international passport for me and my family?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 4:05pm On Feb 09, 2023
Ayo83:
Can i apply for international passport on the immigration website myself or i will need to seek the help of someone working there to help apply for international passport for me and my family?

Please do it yourself. The procedure is on their website.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ayo83: 4:08pm On Feb 09, 2023
braine:

Please do it yourself. The procedure is on their website.
thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 4:11pm On Feb 09, 2023
Llaye:
Hello everyone,

I need help please. Finally wrote IELTS (27/01, CBT) and maxed it so my score is now 502. The problem is I don’t have my TRF from IDP yet so I don’t know what to fill in for “Date of Test Results” in my profile in the pool. I don’t want to miss out on ITA while waiting for the TRF. Is there something I can do?

Note: I don’t know what date the results were released as I didn’t get an email from IDP notifying me of the results. I checked the result portal on the 7th day and the results were there.
Congratulations to you! Don’t they have an online portal like BC where you can get your TRF? 502 is a beautiful score, did you write TEF/TCF?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by naijainstinct: 4:16pm On Feb 09, 2023
braine:

This has to be the kindest reply I have seen on this forum. Thanks for showing us how replies should be.
Thanks Braine. On this journey, we need to encourage each other. I have also been shown a lot of kindness on this thread and I have gotten so much help through this forum. Someone on this thread offered anyone residing in Abuja free IELTS materials worth over 5GB. I reached out to him and we met at his office. We gisted for hours, my flash drive was damn slow in collecting from his PC and transferring to mine but he was extremely patient. He offered me refreshments and he even dropped me off on my way back. He is also in Canada now. God bless him.

Even you, my good friend, may have forgotten you were very helpful to me and provided great resources during my postgraduate journey at Unilag. Does ETPM ring a bell? I changed moniker thoughgrin

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by naijainstinct: 4:22pm On Feb 09, 2023
Bilingualism:
Immigrant visa and copr sitting pretty with me
Counterfoil generated and application approved
Don’t give up hope.
This is my own valentine gift my people

PPR

Score 505
ITA-28th sept 2022
AOR-23rd October 2022
Upfront medical submitted and passed 4th Nov2022
Gu1-5th Nov 2022
Biometric linked-7th November 2022
GU2 1Dec2022
Gu3 18th Jan 2023
Request letter (ppr)-19th jan 2023
Submitted passport on the 24th Jan 2023
Got to Vfs London on 25th Jan 2023
Sent to ircc on the 1st of feb and recieved by ircc on 1st feb 2023
Ircc dispatched on the 3rd of feb and recieved by Vfs London on the same date
Counterfoil generated on the 6th of February 2023
Application approved on the 6th February
Dhl tracker on the 8th feb 2023
Copr recieved 9th feb with passport
Validity of copr is till October 2023 which is a long time to land.

Na to find better flight deal

Thank you all.

Please don’t give up your hope.

These timelines are too sweet. Congrats. Wish you more success in this next chapter of your life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by naijainstinct: 4:24pm On Feb 09, 2023
Awesomemama:
Please what other programs can a graduate of microbiology do asides masters in order to qualify for two or more certificates?
CIIN, BCS, Unilag French Diploma.....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Awesomemama: 4:51pm On Feb 09, 2023
naijainstinct:
CIIN, BCS, Unilag French Diploma.....

Thanks for your swift response.
But I have some concerns, I dont know a thing about French so I think Unilag French Diploma is out I guess.
From what I saw online BCS will take like 3years to be completed (correct me if I'm wrong).
Didn't quite see anything on the timeline for CIIN online. I'd appreciate it if you or anyone that knows about this can help.
I'd prefer courses that will take about a year or if possible less, because of the age disadvantage. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Abercrome: 4:54pm On Feb 09, 2023
Bilingualism:
Immigrant visa and copr sitting pretty with me
Counterfoil generated and application approved
Don’t give up hope.
This is my own valentine gift.

Request letter (ppr)-19th jan 2023
Submitted passport on the 24th Jan 2023
Got to Vfs London on 25th Jan 2023
Sent to ircc on the 1st of feb and recieved by ircc on 1st feb 2023
Ircc dispatched on the 3rd of feb and recieved by Vfs London on the same date
Counterfoil generated on the 6th of February 2023
Application approved on the 6th February
Dhl tracker on the 8th feb 2023
Copr recieved cheesy 9th feb with passport
Validity of copr is till October 2023 which is a long time to land.

Na to find better flight deal

Thank you all.

Please don’t give up your hope.

cheesy kiss congratulations mate! I am coming right behind you. All the best and I pray you reap the good of the land. At least this election suffering will not too pain you eh. God abeg oo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by naijainstinct: 5:07pm On Feb 09, 2023
Awesomemama:

But I have some concerns, I dont know a thing about French so I think Unilag French Diploma is out I guess.
From what I saw online BCS will take like 3years to be completed (correct me if I'm wrong).
Didn't quite see anything on the timeline for CIIN online. I'd appreciate it if you or anyone that knows about this can help.
I'd prefer courses that will take about a year or if possible less, because of the age disadvantage. Thanks.
You do not need a prior background in French to pursue the Unilag French Diploma course.
See @Saskatoonguy's post on this page
https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/380#120351765

BCS, ACCA, CIMA, CIIN, CIPM......are short courses. The information about taking 3 years to obtain them is wrong. People prepare for courses like CIIN and BCS in 2 weeks and pass, depending on your level of assimilation.

All the courses mentioned take about 9 months or less.

You may need to be mindful of where you source your information from, so you don't limit yourself with poor or half-baked information. Use the search tab on Nairaland to search for keywords like Unilag French, BCS, CIIN, CIMA etc and streamline the search to travel section using the drop-down menu below the search bar after clicking search. It will help you find relevant information from people who have explored this option and were kind enough to give updates. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Bilingualism: 5:14pm On Feb 09, 2023
Abercrome:

cheesy kiss congratulations mate! I am coming right behind you. All the best and I pray you reap the good of the land. At least this election suffering will not too pain you eh. God abeg oo
I dey tell u.I no even see election stress at all
Abeg do the come o. The land big well and we shall all reap from it by the grace of God

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Awesomemama: 5:47pm On Feb 09, 2023
naijainstinct:

You do not need a prior background in French to pursue the Unilag French Diploma course.
See @Saskatoonguy's post on this page
https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/380#120351765

BCS, ACCA, CIMA, CIIN, CIPM......are short courses. The information about taking 3 years to obtain them is wrong. People prepare for courses like CIIN and BCS in 2 weeks and pass, depending on your level of assimilation.

All the courses mentioned take about 9 months or less.

You may need to be mindful of where you source your information from, so you don't limit yourself with poor or half-baked information. Use the search tab on Nairaland to search for keywords like Unilag French, BCS, CIIN, CIMA etc and streamline the search to travel section using the drop-down menu below the search bar after clicking search. It will help you find relevant information from people who have explored this option and were kind enough to give updates. Cheers

Thanks alot, I appreciate your response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Francieuche: 7:30pm On Feb 09, 2023
naijainstinct:
Hi Uche, been a while. I know how it feels. You were once on 490 until your IELTS expired and you have been struggling with it ever since. Someone here once testified about writing IELTS seven times before acing it. That person is in Canada today. You will not write it seven times but I can only urge you to follow the IELTS thread in the education section and reach out to people who have aced the test most recently for the study materials they used. You have been very consistent with your speaking, even hitting band 8 at some point. Focus more on your Reading and Listening, they seem to be your weakness. Brush up your writing too. I can't wait to hear you return with your success story. It's worth the effort. May God see you through.
God bless you thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NuCypher: 11:09pm On Feb 09, 2023
Savagethe21st:
Hello future Canadians, who knows if WES will evaluate this?
Send it first if you want to know. But likely this can't be evaluated as additional certificate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Oniqer: 12:23am On Feb 10, 2023
Kantebets:
Tplease which qualifications help you get there
How many years work experience did have before pursuing further

NB

Please email oniqeroniqer@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Shukrah97: 6:28am On Feb 10, 2023
Good morning
Pls how can i get to MOD Ogudu office from Ojota
The address is 3, Ade ajayi, off zone A4, Pako ogudu GRA, Lagos
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Bukky562(f): 7:34am On Feb 10, 2023
If you are coming from Oregun, take a bus headed to Ojota. Then cross to the other side or use the pedestrian bridge, take a Maruwa going to Ogudu GRA Pako, then ask the security officers you are heading to IDP or take the shuttle
Shukrah97:
Good morning
Pls how can i get to MOD Ogudu office from Ojota
The address is 3, Ade ajayi, off zone A4, Pako ogudu GRA, Lagos
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Broomstick01: 7:37am On Feb 10, 2023
Hi guys, I am currently in UK on a care sponsored visa. I am about starting my Canadian PR journey from uk , I will appreciate if anybody can help with IELTS materials and also if there's anybody starting the process now , pls do mail me so we can carry each other along .

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by rainbowlady: 9:32am On Feb 10, 2023
Hello Everyone, please i need your help. I got a request letter for my child's updated passport to be submitted in 7 days (the current passport will expiry in May). But with Naija na, i am not sure it will be possible, Please has anyone experienced this?

Can i send a LoE with the appointment slips, will that buy me some time?

please help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by rs172(m): 11:56am On Feb 10, 2023
Broomstick01:
Hi guys, I am currently in UK on a care sponsored visa. I am about starting my Canadian PR journey from uk , I will appreciate if anybody can help with IELTS materials and also if there's anybody starting the process now , pls do mail me so we can carry each other along .

Thanks.

Register on this site: ieltsonlinetests.com you can practice using this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by fruitartist: 12:13pm On Feb 10, 2023
Francieuche:
my ielts score is 424 wrote ielts twice last year within little intervals it is still 424..i am skeptical that IELTS scores may be manipulated.. especially in this hard times in Nigeria
i am scared to rewrite

Don't be

Dump the fear. See it as a obstacle you WILL overcome. I know a lawyer that sat for the IELTS test 17 times and she's in Canada now. You won't sit for it that many times as long as you stay focused and eyes on the goal.
Your time will come too.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by fruitartist: 12:15pm On Feb 10, 2023
Awesomemama:

The BCS one is correct but that is IF you don't have a Bsc. You can even do all three levels in two years.
So if anyone you know doesn't have a Bsc and want to fast track, BCS is their best bet.

You only need the first stage (certificate) if you have a bachelor's degree.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by fruitartist: 12:16pm On Feb 10, 2023
Savagethe21st:
Hello future Canadians, who knows if WES will evaluate this?

Not likey but you can still try.
They have a list of recognized institutions so you might need to take a look
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 12:44pm On Feb 10, 2023
rainbowlady:
Hello Everyone, please i need your help. I got a request letter for my child's updated passport to be submitted in 7 days (the current passport will expiry in May). But with Naija na, i am not sure it will be possible, Please has anyone experienced this?

please help

I can help with Kaduna if you can fly down

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 2:24pm On Feb 10, 2023
https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/register

You can now track your PR application

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 2:36pm On Feb 10, 2023
Graciouswords please I sent a mail. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 2:37pm On Feb 10, 2023
Please I need a reminder on how WES works again. I Does the school send transcript and certificate to them and do schools know to do this once it’s Wes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Perezzoe: 3:02pm On Feb 10, 2023
Good afternoon everyone!

Trust we're doing great!

Pls I have a question which I really need an answer as it pertains to CIIN registration

Questions
What is the total fee for CIIN foundation level registration -without any exemption?

I called the number via CIIN's official website this afternoon, but the man who picked made things more ambiguous I kept asking .

Course fee #7500
Non refundable per diet#12,500

My questions is will I pay #7500 ×5 = #37,500
for the five courses as well as
(#12500×5= #62,500 for the each diet.
Which sum up to #100,000 in total or it just the #12,500× 5 for the non refundable diet fee and #7500 which will cover the whole course fee?

Pls if anyone has an idea or has just recently registered for CIIN pls can you make respond so I can have clarity.

Thanks for taking the time to read through this lengthy message as well as reply.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 3:03pm On Feb 10, 2023
Allegory:
Please I need a reminder on how WES works again. I Does the school send transcript and certificate to them and do schools know to do this once it’s Wes

When you apply for WES verification, you get a reference Code with which you will apply for a Transcript. The school will send the transcript to WES with the reference you provided.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 3:27pm On Feb 10, 2023
rainbowlady:

please help
Yeah LOE with appointment slip will help, did that in the past and got my deadline extended
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 3:29pm On Feb 10, 2023
Profgordons:

When you apply for WES verification, you get a reference Code with which you will apply for a Transcript. The school will send the transcript to WES with the reference you provided.
Thanks, I actually wanted to know if the school will send certificate alongside the transcript
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by pompeiimagnus: 3:42pm On Feb 10, 2023
Any advice to someone unsure of which province to pick from? I am an electrical engineer if that helps.

Profgordons:

If you don’t mind living in Ontario for a few years, not sure you should worry about the fees as you will recover this in no time, in my opinion, there will be at least three draws in the next 45days, monitor the trend before you push the send button on the 45th day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (631) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: EverblazingTee, MoreTech(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.