Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,667 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (388) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1051046 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Savagethe21st(m): 11:35pm On Feb 04, 2023
ednut1:
people have been hustling for second degree since 2018 or so. Nothing new there. As a tech person go and write BCS to get two or more degrees.
please tell me more about the BCS program I'm just hearing it for the first time
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 12:01am On Feb 05, 2023
What are your thoughts on using proof of funds service, when the process of liquidating assets may take some time?

Cc. Profgordons
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Oniqer: 12:44am On Feb 05, 2023
Hi, please mail me on oniqeroniqer@gmsil.com
I am a pharmacist already in Canada .

goodlucke751995:
Greetings all,

Plz who can link me up with pharmacist pursuing to migrate to Canada. Help a brother plz, am really confused..... my WhatsApp contact is 08132317664. Thanks all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ifakiland(m): 1:15am On Feb 05, 2023
Savagethe21st:
how many years is it
9 months
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 4:14am On Feb 05, 2023
braine:
What are your thoughts on using proof of funds service, when the process of liquidating assets may take some time?

Cc. Profgordons

Gift deed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Edmontonlad(m): 5:12am On Feb 05, 2023
Anyone ever heard about New Brunswick Critical Worker Pilot Program and New Brunswick Virtual Job Recruitment Session?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by jasperonyx: 7:21am On Feb 05, 2023
Savagethe21st:
please tell me more about the BCS program I'm just hearing it for the first time
just click on the first page,go through it,you will see about getting two or more certificate. Bsc, Noun and others.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by TemTon: 11:09am On Feb 05, 2023
Good morning everyone.

Please who has an idea how to go about the new process of obtaining PCC and the costs involved.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Goulak: 11:18am On Feb 05, 2023
TemTon:
Good morning everyone.

Please who has an idea how to go about the new process of obtaining PCC and the costs involved.

Thank you.
message me if you are in Abuja
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Adunnishugar(f): 12:25pm On Feb 05, 2023
Hello house,

Please I’m new to this thread as I just recently started considering moving from UK to Canada via the FSW. Please I have quite a few questions.

So first, my major dilemma is this, my husband has a “sister” who is a Canadian Citizen. When he was very young his family fell on tough times and he went to live with her mum. She brought him up through most of his childhood and there are pictures to prove this. Only issue is there was no legal adoption done. But to me she is a mother to him in every sense of it. I even got to know her first before meeting his biological mother.

So the thing now is his sister in Canada keeps insisting we should apply and claim that he has a sister who is a citizen (this will bring our points up to 470). I asked her how she plans for us to prove the relationship and she said it is not a big deal and can be done with a letter from her and childhood pictures. I did not want to keep disputing her on this but I really doubt that would be enough evidence. So my question now is, please is there any way we can officially prove they siblings? Or should we not claim the additional points?

Also, If claim and if we don’t claim this, our CRS score will be 470 or 455 accordingly.
Do we stand a chance of being given ITA this year?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 1:23pm On Feb 05, 2023
Adunnishugar:
Hello house,

Please I’m new to this thread as I just recently started considering moving from UK to Canada via the FSW. Please I have quite a few questions.

So first, my major dilemma is this, my husband has a “sister” who is a Canadian Citizen. When he was very young his family fell on tough times and he went to live with her mum. She brought him up through most of his childhood and there are pictures to prove this. Only issue is there was no legal adoption done. But to me she is a mother to him in every sense of it. I even got to know her first before meeting his biological mother.

So the thing now is his sister in Canada keeps insisting we should apply and claim that he has a sister who is a citizen (this will bring our points up to 470). I asked her how she plans for us to prove the relationship and she said it is not a big deal and can be done with a letter from her and childhood pictures. I did not want to keep disputing her on this but I really doubt that would be enough evidence. So my question now is, please is there any way we can officially prove they siblings? Or should we not claim the additional points?

Also, If claim and if we don’t claim this, our CRS score will be 470 or 455 accordingly.
People do this and get away with it, the onus is on you to show that there is blood connection. There are few other ways to add points which are not as cumbersome as the route you are exploring like, learning French, added certificate, maxing out IELTS etc. Have these options been explored? We don’t support illegality here!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bekayy: 3:53pm On Feb 05, 2023
Connection has to be shown via birth certificate, where the names of parents are the same or via adoption papers.

Shalom.

Adunnishugar:
Hello house,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mobenjackson(m): 4:17pm On Feb 05, 2023
Happy 2023 my people.

Been a very long while away from here.

Feels nice to breezy in again.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by vizioo: 5:45pm On Feb 05, 2023
Adunnishugar:
Hello house,

Although your sentiment towards this person is that they are a sibling, you are in no way legally related. IRCC only considers blood relatives, adoption, and marriage/common-law partnership (i.e, step-siblings) when determining sibling relationship. Although pictures prove a close relationship, they don't prove a sibling relationship as described on IRCC's website.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Adunnishugar(f): 5:53pm On Feb 05, 2023
Profgordons:
People do this and get away with it, the onus is on you to show that there is blood connection. There are few other ways to add points which are not as cumbersome as the route you are exploring like, learning French, added certificate, maxing out IELTS etc. Have these options been explored? We don’t support illegality here!

Thank you,
We’ve explored all these options, education(masters), IELTS, Age etc. except French, cause I don’t have any knowledge there.

It is well… will probably just wait to gather more work experience then.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 6:01pm On Feb 05, 2023
Adunnishugar:

Thank you,
We’ve explored all these options, education(masters), IELTS, Age etc. except French, cause I don’t have any knowledge there.

It is well… will probably just wait to gather more work experience then.

Why not gather French with it? Cest possible
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Basmoj: 6:25pm On Feb 05, 2023
GraciousWords:

Sorry about the delay in your app. Some things to do:

1. Send a webform (i.e. contact IRCC asking them to complete your application processing). Page 1 has the link for this

2. Send an Email to your Visa Office (contact IRCC asking them to complete your application processing). Search NL, narrow down to travel section for email addresses for Accra or other VOs.

3. Contact a Member of Parliament (MP). List of MPs here: https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en they may or may not respond

4. Contact the Prime Minister (PM) and IRCC Minister. See here - https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/278#115785736

5. Order your GCMS notes to know the detailed status of your app and if there are any issues (do this at the same time as 1 and 2 above). Process to order is on page 1. If application is showing as approved....use this to repeat steps 1 and 2 above asking them to finalise since GCMS says approved.

6. Request an Order of Mandamus - costs from $1 or $2k upwards. Read here for some details: https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/248#114860720 and https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/248#114861262
The court allows you to file with them yourself ......without a lawyer for much cheaper (the actual court fee is something ridiculous like $50 or so) but I wouldn't advise this unless you have a Canadian lawyer friend to guide you on the process for free.

It's almost guaranteed (humanly speaking) that you will get a favorable response to a Mandamus within 60 days, unless IRCC have a very valid reason for the delay

Hope you hear good news soon!

Aaminnnnn
Thanks a lot
We've sent series of web forms and emails. No response to gcms note since last year...twice.
They said the only thing left is eligibility verification which has been over 4 months now.
We're really considering the mandamus but the cost is 🥺.
I pray and wish we can get a lawyer so we won't have to spend much.
Thanks a lot once again and to others too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by omans14(m): 6:26pm On Feb 05, 2023
Savagethe21st:
I feel very sad with the high cutoff scores. I have only bachelor's degree, I don't have a job offer,I am not married, I have no relative in Canada, I do not have a Canadian certification neither do I know french as a second language. Even if I get a perfect score in ielts my crs will be 441.

Give Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria (CIIN) a shot. It’s not difficult. I prepared for it in less than 3 weeks and I passed. I wrote the first Diet exam in Diploma. WES evaluated it for me with my Bsc as two certificates. Goodluck

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 05, 2023
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Savagethe21st(m): 9:03pm On Feb 05, 2023
omans14:

Give Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria (CIIN) a shot. It’s not difficult. I prepared for it in less than 3 weeks and I passed. I wrote the first Diet exam in Diploma. WES evaluated it for me with my Bsc as two certificates. Goodluck
please can I send you a mail, I want to discuss how to go about it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 9:23pm On Feb 05, 2023
Honeysweetest:
Does it mean that everyone that succeeded in this journey got a perfect IELTS results.
Na question I de ask ooo
Congratulations to all that got IELTS.
Nyphomanaic and others, I am rooting for you all.
I got a band 7.5
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 9:44pm On Feb 05, 2023
nymphomaniac:
I got a band 7.5
Baba you earlier said your CRS score was 488. Did you do sth else? Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 9:52pm On Feb 05, 2023
aestake:

Baba you earlier said your CRS score was 488. Did you do sth else? Congratulations!
490. Not 488. Thanks a zillion
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 9:53pm On Feb 05, 2023
nymphomaniac:
490. Not 488. Thanks a zillion
Ok.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by olig(m): 10:04pm On Feb 05, 2023
Good day guys, thanks for the good works.

Please, I need some clarity:
I see that ICAN does not not qualify for two or more certify for two or more certificates, but does AAT actually qualifies for two or more certificate?

I don't seem to get that clearly from what I read here.

Please, can someone clarify this.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Abercrome: 6:24am On Feb 06, 2023
olig:
Good day guys, thanks for the good works.

Please, I need some clarity:
I see that ICAN does not not qualify for two or more certify for two or more certificates, but does AAT actually qualifies for two or more certificate?

I don't seem to get that clearly from what I read here.

Please, can someone clarify this.

Thanks

Yes, AAT qualifies while ACA (ICAN) does not. Quite ironic too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by treasurevee9(f): 6:44am On Feb 06, 2023
TemTon:
Good morning everyone.

Thank you.

Just goto alagbon, it costs 40,000
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by olig(m): 8:46am On Feb 06, 2023
Abercrome:

Yes, AAT qualifies while ACA (ICAN) does not. Quite ironic too.

Okay. Thank you for your response.

I will start the process now and make arrangements to write IELTS then.

My concern has been my age, which will make me lose points. I plan to make my wife the principal applicant, since I now know that she is qualified for 2 or more certificates (with AAT).

Please, find our details below. Does anyone see a more viable route, or have any advice?

*Husband:
Qualifications: Ph.D Geology 2022
MSc. Geology 2015
B.Sc. Geology 2010
Work experience: 3 years (Geologist)
IELTS: Not yet done

*Wife:
Qualifications: B.Sc. Local Govt. Studies 2017
AAT: 2016
ICAN: 2021
Work experience: 5 years (Accountant)
9 months (credit control)

Thanks in anticipation for your advice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:23am On Feb 06, 2023
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

To everyone asking what their chances are. Use this tool to simulate your scores based on your work experience, educational level and envisaged IELTS scores.
Read page 1 of this thread, you're investing money and time in this process, so reading and research should be the least of your stress.

Your class of degree / cgpa is irrelevant for the purpose of wes evaluation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by naijainstinct: 9:59am On Feb 06, 2023
olig:

Okay. Thank you for your response.

I will start the process now and make arrangements to write IELTS then.

My concern has been my age, which will make me lose points. I plan to make my wife the principal applicant, since I now know that she is qualified for 2 or more certificates (with AAT).

Please, find our details below. Does anyone see a more viable route, or have any advice?

*Husband:
Qualifications: Ph.D Geology 2022
MSc. Geology 2015
B.Sc. Geology 2010
Work experience: 3 years (Geologist)

*Wife:
Qualifications: B.Sc. Local Govt. Studies 2017
AAT: 2016
ICAN: 2021
Work experience: 5 years (Accountant)
9 months (credit control)

Thanks in anticipation for your advice.
If you both ace IELTS with 8.5,8.0,7.5,7.5 in LRSW respectively and your wife as PA, your CRS score is 477.

If your wife score the above in IELTS and you manage to score 8,7,7,7 in LRSW, your CRS remains the same and if you score 8,7,6.5,6.5 with your wife acing IELTS still, your CRS is 473.

Again, wife getting 8.5,8,7,7.5 and you also getting 8,7,7,7 will give you 474 and finally wife getting 8.5,8,7,7 and you 8,7,7,7 will bring you to 471.

Summary:
1. Wife must be PA because your score will drop to 450s with you as the PA even if you both ace IELTS.

2. Wife must strive to score a minimum of 8.5,8,7,7 in LRSW respectively to remain in the 470s. It is best to aim for 8.5,8,7.5,7.5 though to claim the maximum available points for language proficiency.

3. It is important that you complement your wife's effort by aiming for a minimum 8,7,7,7, so you can remain in the 470s.

4. No matter the outcome of your IELTS, please enter the pool as soon as your results are ready. You can remain in the pool while seeking ways to improve your score. Who knows? PNP might knock on your door.

5. Since your wife will be the PA and she already has 2 or more certificates, can you encourage her to take French classes? You also did not mention anything about siblings in Canada, so I assume you don't have. Pursuing French language proficiency should be a faster way for your wife to add points than pursuing a Master degree (which will not add more than 8-9 points since she already has 2 certificates).

6. Please do not be discouraged at any point. Whatever sacrifice you make will be worth it at the end. Wishing you Godspeed and success in your journey starting from your IELTS.

7. Most importantly, please peruse page 1 diligently. It's the foundation of the knowledge most of us have as regards to this journey.

Cheers Doc.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by prettyamebo: 10:21am On Feb 06, 2023
Has anyone learnt French from scratch and written TEF in the space of 10 months and passed? If yes, how did you go about learning French? I need help, don't know where to start from.

(1) (2) (3) ... (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) ... (631) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.