Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,154 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1047992 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bekayy: 8:31pm On Feb 07, 2023
Hi all. For those who did police report.

How is the report now. Is it just the white document with your face on it? Are fingerprints included.

I know back in the day, it was a red document with fingerprints attached.

Please help with the new format for those who recently did. Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 9:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
Llaye:
Hello everyone,

I need help please. Finally wrote IELTS (27/01, CBT) and maxed it so my score is now 502. The problem is I don’t have my TRF from IDP yet so I don’t know what to fill in for “Date of Test Results” in my profile in the pool. I don’t want to miss out on ITA while waiting for the TRF. Is there something I can do?

Note: I don’t know what date the results were released as I didn’t get an email from IDP notifying me of the results. I checked the result portal on the 7th day and the results were there.
put any date there. It can always be changed . As long as the changes does not affect the scores its fine.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ganie(m): 11:31pm On Feb 07, 2023
Please I need your advise, I have a fiance that is yet to have an int'l passport,can she apply for one now knowing that it will be in her surname. I am planning to include her in the travel plans as my wife.
Won't this cause an issue in the process?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 12:03am On Feb 08, 2023
ganie:
Please I need your advise, I have a fiance that is yet to have an int'l passport,can she apply for one now knowing that it will be in her surname. I am planning to include her in the travel plans as my wife.
Won't this cause an issue in the process?
there is no requirement anywhere for women to change their surname after marriage.

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by chiuchendu: 2:05am On Feb 08, 2023
chiuchendu:
Hello,
Please does anyone know if Bachelor in Theology from Bigard Memorial Seminary, Enugu is evaluated as degree for Express Entry ECA? (It is 4yrs). Also, their Philosophy degree (3yrs)? If yes, please which of the evaluation bodies favours them more?

Bigard is an affiliate of some Catholic university in Rome (Pontifica Urbaniana University), but I don't know if this helps as Bigard is still the main school. Any ideas on this?

Thank you.

Hi everyone,

I thought to update the house incase someone needs it. The priest's Theology and Philosophy is evaluated as BSc and Masters equivalent. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Tell the priests you know. They may be able to get into the pool because their 4154 and related, is great👍 Ministers of Religion, providing needed services.

Take care.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bammy2017: 2:08am On Feb 08, 2023
Hello everyone! A group of Nigerians in Canada are conducting research around migrating and settling in Canada as an immigrant and would appreciate it if you could pls help in filling out this survey
https://forms.gle/apawDyKrruWgSqvs7
Thanks and best of luck to everyone looking to land in Canada soon.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Queenhadassah: 8:33am On Feb 08, 2023
Hello, pls I withdrew my profile and re-applied, but I keep getting the 'no longer eligible' message. Pls what could be the wrong?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Timmypaul: 10:06am On Feb 08, 2023
Hello everyone can someone help me with an explanation while trf certificate is taking time to be released .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ganie(m): 12:18pm On Feb 08, 2023
ednut1:
there is no requirement anywhere for women to change their surname after marriage.
Thank you boss.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bekayy: 12:59pm On Feb 08, 2023
Abeg make una reply. Thank you.

bekayy:
Hi all. For those who did police report.

How is the report now. Is it just the white document with your face on it? Are fingerprints included.

I know back in the day, it was a red document with fingerprints attached.

Please help with the new format for those who recently did. Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Abercrome: 2:13pm On Feb 08, 2023
bekayy:
Abeg make una reply. Thank you.

Did mine in December and the short paper is still red while the white paper(s) has the fingerprints and passport photo.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 3:45pm On Feb 08, 2023
Abercrome:

Did mine in December and the short paper is still red while the white paper(s) has the fingerprints and passport photo.
Na just money they increased. No database for anything still.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MargretBite: 3:45pm On Feb 08, 2023
thank you for your response, i asked because when i was registering for ciin exam and put my mom as my referee they said family member cannot be a referee, i could correct ciin easily but I'm scared it might get me into trouble when doing my express entry. and i might not get the chance to explain myself
bekayy:
Based on my knowledge. Just do the normal one page letter of experience that should be printed on a letter head.

In the greetings, put CEO and the name of your mom. To be honest, I don’t think it’s an issue. This is what we are doing for my sister. My sister is in the same case.
Experience is experience. It doesn’t matter where it’s gotten from.

Anyone with more suggestions can help. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MargretBite: 3:47pm On Feb 08, 2023
oh do they regard sef employed as work experience? the company is registered though but I'm not listed as an owner legally, just my mom, will the express entry guys investigate this and penalize me
Profgordons:

Let her add you to the owners of the company and file under self employed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 4:01pm On Feb 08, 2023
MargretBite:
oh do they regard sef employed as work experience? the company is registered though but I'm not listed as an owner legally, just my mom, will the express entry guys investigate this and penalize me

Yes, go to page one
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Savagethe21st(m): 4:57pm On Feb 08, 2023
Hello future Canadians, who knows if WES will evaluate this?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 5:17pm On Feb 08, 2023
MargretBite:
Hey everyone. I've been working in my mom's business as an operating officer. but I cannot include a family member as a referee. please what can I do. has anyone else had a similar issue? is there a way I can work my work experience letter?

I don't think working in a family owned company is an issue, so long as the company exists and you actually performed the duties in your work reference letter which are consistent with your chosen NOC....as well as meeting all other conditions of hours, pay etc.

You do not need to claim to be self employed (if you aren't) because you work in a family business.

Read this PPR story of someone who worked for a family business: https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/217#85005198

Search NL for keywords: "family business reference NOC"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MargretBite: 8:54pm On Feb 08, 2023
thanks! alright let's see how it goes lol, ill respond if i have an issue
GraciousWords:

I don't think working in a family owned company is an issue, so long as the company exists and you actually performed the duties in your work reference letter which are consistent with your chosen NOC....as well as meeting all other conditions of hours, pay etc.

You do not need to claim to be self employed (if you aren't) because you work in a family business........besides when you read the requirements for self employed you'll see that the requirements are more onerous than proving paid employment! (see Page 1)

Read this PPR story of someone who worked for a family business: https://www.nairaland.com/5471101/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/217#85005198

Search NL for keywords: "family business reference NOC"

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by njambert: 10:44pm On Feb 08, 2023
Thank you so much everyone who contributed in making our journey to PR a success.May the Lord richly bless you.

Category: FSW-O
NOC: 4031
ITA: October 12( CRS 537)
AOR: November 25th
BIL/MED: 7th Dec, completed 8th Dec
ADR: 7th Dec( IMM5475-Authorization to release information to spouse)
GU1: December 8th
No further GU
20th December raised PCC LOE by Webform
RFV: February 2nd 2023 from CPC Ottawa
PVO: CIO Sidney
SVO: CPC Ottawa
COR: Cameroon

No VRs
Family of 3

Passport submission: Friday 03/Feb/2023
Acknowledgement of Reception: Monday 06/02/2023
Counterfoil: 07/02/2023
Passport collection: 08/02/23

I'll be moving to Calgary, AB by the end of May, God willing.Will use the next 3months to prepare ourselves for the next phase of our lives

30 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Llaye: 11:06pm On Feb 08, 2023
Congratulations!!
I tap into this kinda processing timeline (or even faster) for myself

All the best.
njambert:
Thank you so much everyone who contributed in making our journey to PR a success.May the Lord richly bless you.

BIL/MED: 7th Dec, completed 8th Dec
ADR: 7th Dec( IMM5475-Authorization to release information to spouse)
GU1: December 8th
No further GU
20th December raised PCC LOE by Webform
PVO: CIO Sidney
SVO: CPC Ottawa
COR: Cameroon

No VRs
Family of 3

I'll be moving to Calgary, AB by the end of May, God willing.Will use the next 3months to prepare ourselves for the next phase of our lives

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Awesomemama: 9:56am On Feb 09, 2023
Greetings everyone
Can someone please direct me on what to read up on the steps involved in applying as a self employed applicant. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Francieuche: 10:34am On Feb 09, 2023
my ielts score is 424 wrote ielts twice last year within little intervals it is still 424..i am skeptical that IELTS scores may be manipulated.. especially in this hard times in Nigeria

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Francieuche: 10:36am On Feb 09, 2023
my ielts score is 424 wrote ielts twice last year within little intervals it is still 424..i am skeptical that IELTS scores may be manipulated.. especially in this hard times in Nigeria
i am scared to rewrite
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 11:06am On Feb 09, 2023
Francieuche:
i am scared to rewrite
so what should we do Beg you to rewrite or what 🤣
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by naijainstinct: 11:46am On Feb 09, 2023
Francieuche:
i am scared to rewrite
Hi Uche, been a while. I know how it feels. You were once on 490 until your IELTS expired and you have been struggling with it ever since. Someone here once testified about writing IELTS seven times before acing it. That person is in Canada today. You will not write it seven times but I can only urge you to follow the IELTS thread in the education section and reach out to people who have aced the test most recently for the study materials they used. You have been very consistent with your speaking, even hitting band 8 at some point. Focus more on your Reading and Listening, they seem to be your weakness. Brush up your writing too. I can't wait to hear you return with your success story. It's worth the effort. May God see you through.

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Miide2: 12:41pm On Feb 09, 2023
Hey guys

if you order gcms notes and in the notes you see eligibility passed but criminality and security not started

Is this a good sign ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by braine(m): 1:01pm On Feb 09, 2023
naijainstinct:
Hi Uche, been a while. I know how it feels. You were once on 490 until your IELTS expired and you have been struggling with it ever since. Someone here once testified about writing IELTS seven times before acing it. That person is in Canada today. You will not write it seven times but I can only urge you to follow the IELTS thread in the education section and reach out to people who have aced the test most recently for the study materials they used. You have been very consistent with your speaking, even hitting band 8 at some point. Focus more on your Reading and Listening, they seem to be your weakness. Brush up your writing too. I can't wait to hear you return with your success story. It's worth the effort. May God see you through.

This has to be the kindest reply I have seen on this forum. Thanks for showing us how replies should be.

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mcstan18(m): 1:09pm On Feb 09, 2023
njambert:

Congrats mate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ayo83: 3:05pm On Feb 09, 2023
Please some people have been posting it on Facebook that canadian express entry is on hold based on the number of applicants that applied. Please how true is it?

I am also planning relocating my family to canada. Pls can someone share me the link to start the processing for express entry if i can still apply?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Maria96: 3:22pm On Feb 09, 2023
Ayo83:
Please some people have been posting it on Facebook that canadian express entry is on hold based on the number of applicants that applied. Please how true is it?

I am also planning relocating my family to canada. Pls can someone share me the link to start the processing for express entry if i can still apply?
This is not true. All the information you need is on page 1 of this topic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Awesomemama: 3:47pm On Feb 09, 2023
Please what other programs can a graduate of microbiology do asides masters in order to qualify for two or more certificates?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Bilingualism: 3:54pm On Feb 09, 2023
Immigrant visa and copr sitting pretty with me
Counterfoil generated and application approved
Don’t give up hope.
This is my own valentine gift my people

PPR

Score 505
ITA-28th sept 2022
AOR-23rd October 2022
Upfront medical submitted and passed 4th Nov2022
Gu1-5th Nov 2022
Biometric linked-7th November 2022
GU2 1Dec2022
Gu3 18th Jan 2023
Request letter (ppr)-19th jan 2023
Submitted passport on the 24th Jan 2023
Got to Vfs London on 25th Jan 2023
Sent to ircc on the 1st of feb and recieved by ircc on 1st feb 2023
Ircc dispatched on the 3rd of feb and recieved by Vfs London on the same date
Counterfoil generated on the 6th of February 2023
Application approved on the 6th February
Dhl tracker on the 8th feb 2023
Copr recieved 9th feb with passport
Validity of copr is till October 2023 which is a long time to land.

Na to find better flight deal

Thank you all.

Please don’t give up your hope.

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) ... (631) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: HisCutestDamsel(f), wright005, pabu(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.