Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1048130 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by omans14(m): 12:31pm On Feb 06, 2023
Savagethe21st:
please can I send you a mail, I want to discuss how to go about it
Okay. Go ahead and send the mail
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Opemipo2107: 12:58pm On Feb 06, 2023
saskatoonguy:
UNILAG 9MONTHS FRENCH DIPLOMA.

A great option to Increase your CRS score. .

1. Helps you get two or more Certificate point as it can be evaluated by WES, ICAS etc.

2. You can use it to learn french and be proficient in other to write TEF or TCF.

Note: FRENCH WILL BE A GREAT DEAL FOR CANADA PR APPLICATION in 2023.

Please does WES really evaluate this French diploma positively ?? Has anyone used it ??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 12:58pm On Feb 06, 2023
prettyamebo:
Has anyone learnt French from scratch and written TEF in the space of 10 months and passed? If yes, how did you go about learning French? I need help, don't know where to start from.

I haven't, still learning. But there is a TEF thread here on nairaland chock full of information (books, articles) and encouragement. There is someone that did it in 6 months. It requires huge committment.
You will need guidance in the first few months in the form of a teacher though.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 1:13pm On Feb 06, 2023
aurorae1:

I haven't, still learning. But there is a TEF thread here on nairaland chock full of information (books, articles) and encouragement. There is someone that did it in 6 months. It requires huge committment.

Can you paste the link
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MargretBite: 1:49pm On Feb 06, 2023
Hey everyone. I've been working in my mom's business as an operating officer. but I cannot include a family member as a referee. please what can I do. has anyone else had a similar issue? is there a way I can work my work experience letter?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 2:15pm On Feb 06, 2023
MargretBite:
Hey everyone. I've been working in my mom's business as an operating officer. but I cannot include a family member as a referee. please what can I do. has anyone else had a similar issue? is there a way I can work my work experience letter?

Let her add you to the owners of the company and file under self employed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by adeyapayasky: 2:54pm On Feb 06, 2023
Hi House, do we have anyone here that submitted their passport to VFS in January? I didn’t receive any email after submitting it in person and no update received.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 3:58pm On Feb 06, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeewirld: 4:08pm On Feb 06, 2023
olig:

Okay. Thank you for your response.

I will start the process now and make arrangements to write IELTS then.

My concern has been my age, which will make me lose points. I plan to make my wife the principal applicant, since I now know that she is qualified for 2 or more certificates (with AAT).

Please, find our details below. Does anyone see a more viable route, or have any advice?

*Husband:
Qualifications: Ph.D Geology 2022
MSc. Geology 2015
B.Sc. Geology 2010
Work experience: 3 years (Geologist)
IELTS: Not yet done

*Wife:
Qualifications: B.Sc. Local Govt. Studies 2017
AAT: 2016
ICAN: 2021
Work experience: 5 years (Accountant)
9 months (credit control)
IELTS: Not yet done

Thanks in anticipation for your advice.
..Use the calculator... However,mere looking....seems your partner stands a better chance being the PA

The thing for dey sweeter if say nay she get the PhD with that age

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 4:14pm On Feb 06, 2023
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kantebets(m): 4:49pm On Feb 06, 2023
T
Oniqer:

Hi, please mail me on oniqeroniqer@gmsil.com
I am a pharmacist already in Canada .

please which qualifications help you get there
How many years work experience did have before pursuing further

NB
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by olig(m): 5:34pm On Feb 06, 2023
naijainstinct:

If you both ace IELTS with 8.5,8.0,7.5,7.5 in LRSW respectively and your wife as PA, your CRS score is 477.

If your wife score the above in IELTS and you manage to score 8,7,7,7 in LRSW, your CRS remains the same and if you score 8,7,6.5,6.5 with your wife acing IELTS still, your CRS is 473.

Again, wife getting 8.5,8,7,7.5 and you also getting 8,7,7,7 will give you 474 and finally wife getting 8.5,8,7,7 and you 8,7,7,7 will bring you to 471.

Summary:
1. Wife must be PA because your score will drop to 450s with you as the PA even if you both ace IELTS.

2. Wife must strive to score a minimum of 8.5,8,7,7 in LRSW respectively to remain in the 470s. It is best to aim for 8.5,8,7.5,7.5 though to claim the maximum available points for language proficiency.

3. It is important that you complement your wife's effort by aiming for a minimum 8,7,7,7, so you can remain in the 470s.

4. No matter the outcome of your IELTS, please enter the pool as soon as your results are ready. You can remain in the pool while seeking ways to improve your score. Who knows? PNP might knock on your door.

5. Since your wife will be the PA and she already has 2 or more certificates, can you encourage her to take French classes? You also did not mention anything about siblings in Canada, so I assume you don't have. Pursuing French language proficiency should be a faster way for your wife to add points than pursuing a Master degree (which will not add more than 8-9 points since she already has 2 certificates).

6. Please do not be discouraged at any point. Whatever sacrifice you make will be worth it at the end. Wishing you Godspeed and success in your journey starting from your IELTS.

7. Most importantly, please peruse page 1 diligently. It's the foundation of the knowledge most of us have as regards to this journey.

Cheers Doc.

Wao!
Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. May God bless you.

5. We don't have siblings in Canada.
Honestly, the French proficieny may be difficult for her. But I we will see to that. Her job is with a lot of pressure and stress. Maybe she can get over that soon.

7. Yes! I got some information from page 1 and the subsequent pages. Actually, I have been reading this topic for some years. I now want to give it a shot.

I had to ask because someone else might see what I am not seeing. Many experience here and sometimes, I believe individuals circumstances matters.

I appreciate your time and all other's effort in answering questions and supporting people here.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by bekayy: 7:10pm On Feb 06, 2023
Based on my knowledge. Just do the normal one page letter of experience that should be printed on a letter head.

In the greetings, put CEO and the name of your mom. To be honest, I don’t think it’s an issue. This is what we are doing for my sister. My sister is in the same case.
Experience is experience. It doesn’t matter where it’s gotten from.

Anyone with more suggestions can help. Thanks.
MargretBite:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by prettyamebo: 7:38pm On Feb 06, 2023
aurorae1:

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tall2ce(m): 11:01pm On Feb 06, 2023
Please can anyone confirm if WES or ECA evaluates Unilag HRDC Advanced Business Administration Diploma or HR Diploma as a second degree.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Iyamefa: 12:34am On Feb 07, 2023
adeyapayasky:
Hi House, do we have anyone here that submitted their passport to VFS in January? I didn’t receive any email after submitting it in person and no update received.
Please does one have to visit the vfs office In person to submit the passports for visa stamping?

I checked the website but I’m not getting much information. Can one send in the passports through courier to vfs? Happy to hear from anyone too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 4:00am On Feb 07, 2023
aestake:

Marriage is not for everyone. Marriage shouldn't be mainly associated with immigration too.
lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Clicked: 11:33am On Feb 07, 2023
tall2ce:
Please can anyone confirm if WES or ECA evaluates Unilag HRDC Advanced Business Administration Diploma or HR Diploma as a second degree.

Yes, I can confirm that they do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by fisolaire: 12:43pm On Feb 07, 2023
Goodday house,

Please am I supposed to get an acknowledgement mail when one raises a webform to IRCC. I raised one yesterday for change of address (post AOR) and yet to receive any acknowledgment or how would I know it has been sent successfully?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 2:27pm On Feb 07, 2023
tall2ce:
Yes, they do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Iyamefa: 3:22pm On Feb 07, 2023
Please somebody help me!

The letter sent from CIC says to submit passports to VFS so they can send it to visa office in Accra for stamping. On VFS website, I don’t see this service anywhere.
To book appointments on their website, they’re only scheduling appointments for biometric collection and not passport submission. Im confused
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Basmoj: 3:22pm On Feb 07, 2023
GraciousWords:

Sorry about the delay in your app. Some things to do:

1. Send a webform (i.e. contact IRCC asking them to complete your application processing). Page 1 has the link for this

2. Send an Email to your Visa Office (contact IRCC asking them to complete your application processing). Search NL, narrow down to travel section for email addresses for Accra or other VOs.

3. Contact a Member of Parliament (MP). List of MPs here: https://www.ourcommons.ca/Members/en they may or may not respond

4. Contact the Prime Minister (PM) and IRCC Minister. See here - https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/278#115785736

5. Order your GCMS notes to know the detailed status of your app and if there are any issues (do this at the same time as 1 and 2 above). Process to order is on page 1. If application is showing as approved....use this to repeat steps 1 and 2 above asking them to finalise since GCMS says approved.

6. Request an Order of Mandamus - costs from $1 or $2k upwards. Read here for some details: https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/248#114860720 and https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/248#114861262
The court allows you to file with them yourself ......without a lawyer for much cheaper (the actual court fee is something ridiculous like $50 or so) but I wouldn't advise this unless you have a Canadian lawyer friend to guide you on the process for free.

It's almost guaranteed (humanly speaking) that you will get a favorable response to a Mandamus within 60 days, unless IRCC have a very valid reason for the delay

Hope you hear good news soon!

I'm back ooooooo , I've sent emails to different PM and thank God we got an update today but they're asking for additional documents 🥺🥺🥺🥺.
Please help once again.
Attached is the email sent concerning our marriage certificate tendered.
Thanks

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aestake: 3:44pm On Feb 07, 2023
Iyamefa:

Please does one have to visit the vfs office In person to submit the passports for visa stamping?

I checked the website but I’m not getting much information. Can one send in the passports through courier to vfs? Happy to hear from anyone too.
Go there and submit your passport(s) with the other requirements.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 4:29pm On Feb 07, 2023
Basmoj:

I'm back ooooooo , I've sent emails to different PM and thank God we got an update today but they're asking for additional documents 🥺🥺🥺🥺.
Please help once again.
Attached is the email sent concerning our marriage certificate tendered.
Thanks

What help do you need again?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 4:44pm On Feb 07, 2023
nymphomaniac:
I got a band 7.5
oh hoo, Goodluck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Venom104: 6:12pm On Feb 07, 2023
Basmoj:

Does your marriage certificate have signatures from the Groom/Bride, Family, and officiating imams? Include that and an LOE with wedding pictures as stated in the ADR.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Aphrodite007(f): 6:38pm On Feb 07, 2023
Profgordons:

There are several ways to look at it, the scare for most people is the coming TEER invitation system. One thing I can guarantee you is that what the Federal wants is not far from what Ontario wants, meaning the same people who got Ontario nominations will most likely benefit from the TEER driven invitations. 482 will get, even 480, but if you drop below that, then you are depending on the TEER system to favour you.

If you don’t mind living in Ontario for a few years, not sure you should worry about the fees as you will recover this in no time, in my opinion, there will be at least three draws in the next 45days, monitor the trend before you push the send button on the 45th day.

Say you get NOI for Ontario, accept it and get your PR. can you study full-time outside Ontario? Or must you remain in Ontario for the 2-3 years?

Also my main NOC (20012, computer syst manager) is over 16 months but split across 2 employers (employer A = 6 months and Employer B = 10 months)

Is this allowed?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by veyonce: 6:53pm On Feb 07, 2023
Hello everyone, please I want to know if I need my international passport for WES. My passport isn’t ready but I want to start my ECA now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Llaye: 7:34pm On Feb 07, 2023
Hello everyone,

I need help please. Finally wrote IELTS (27/01, CBT) and maxed it so my score is now 502. The problem is I don’t have my TRF from IDP yet so I don’t know what to fill in for “Date of Test Results” in my profile in the pool. I don’t want to miss out on ITA while waiting for the TRF. Is there something I can do?

Note: I don’t know what date the results were released as I didn’t get an email from IDP notifying me of the results. I checked the result portal on the 7th day and the results were there.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by nymphomaniac(m): 7:45pm On Feb 07, 2023
Llaye:
Hello everyone,

I need help please. Finally wrote IELTS (27/01, CBT) and maxed it so my score is now 502. The problem is I don’t have my TRF from IDP yet so I don’t know what to fill in for “Date of Test Results” in my profile in the pool. I don’t want to miss out on ITA while waiting for the TRF. Is there something I can do?

Note: I don’t know what date the results were released as I didn’t get an email from IDP notifying me of the results. I checked the result portal on the 7th day and the results were there.
Be patient. I don’t think you need to rush as there will most likely won’t be a draw for another fortnight. In that time, you can get the original TRF
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 8:25pm On Feb 07, 2023
Llaye:
Hello everyone,

Patience is a virtue

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (631) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: MrBnet, modash(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.