Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1054263 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (632) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 8:20pm On Dec 24, 2021
cutebear:
Wow! If anyone had told me that Canada won’t do any FSW draw in year 2021, I would never have believed them. I passed my french exam earlier in the year and I’ve just been waiting in this pool with over 500 score. Omo…this thing is painful sha.
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to everyone.
Seriously. I just had this news pop up on google and I had to click to be sure I'm not seeing double cos this year feels like they landed just 3 people.

Canada breaks all-time immigration record by landing 401,000 immigrants in 2021

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/12/canada-breaks-all-time-immigration-record-by-landing-401000-immigrants-in-2021-1220461.html#gs.kaolaz
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ka59: 8:20pm On Dec 24, 2021
Thank you
GraciousWords:

Please thoroughly digest page one. Answer is in the section in the screenshot.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ka59: 8:21pm On Dec 24, 2021
Thank you
Allegory:

You have to wait until you leave
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ka59: 8:22pm On Dec 24, 2021
Thank you.
Mintold:
I believe the person ought to leave the country first before applying for the PCC.

It's possible for someone to fall foul of the law (after getting the PCC and) before leaving the country and so, the PCC may not show the true picture.

*Other members can weigh in too*

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 8:26pm On Dec 24, 2021
cutebear:
Wow! If anyone had told me that Canada won’t do any FSW draw in year 2021, I would never have believed them. I passed my french exam earlier in the year and I’ve just been waiting in this pool with over 500 score. Omo…this thing is painful sha.
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to everyone.

Many hope and believe FSW draws will resume in 2022.

In any event, you have a myriad of options with TEF if you are ever interested in PNP e.g. OINP French Speakers Route

https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration/138#107496957

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 9:17pm On Dec 24, 2021
Lagoscooldude:
Except there's another reason behind the request, I doubt a VO will request for a Donor's account statement. Never heard of such in this Canada waka

VOs could request anything if they have cause to doubt the information provided. For example, people have been invited to interviews, IRCC have been known to contact employers....even 12 months worth of bank statements as ADR. It may not be commonplace but it shouldn't be shocking if a VO asks for SOA of the donor of a gift.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cutebear: 9:57pm On Dec 24, 2021
They mostly got this number of immigrants from inland applications. All their CEC and International students.
Allegory:

Seriously. I just had this news pop up on google and I had to click to be sure I'm not seeing double cos this year feels like they landed just 3 people.

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/12/canada-breaks-all-time-immigration-record-by-landing-401000-immigrants-in-2021-1220461.html#gs.kaolaz

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Canadahome: 10:07pm On Dec 24, 2021
Tonyamori:

It’s not for you to believe oh . Na true life story and the person Dey this thread . Moral lesson . What ever detail you are submitting make sure you are very detailed cox your case might be different !!!!

The gift deeds was from a relative or a friend?

Can you please help us to explain what happened for others to learn, please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by DFreeze: 2:13am On Dec 25, 2021
Merry Christmas, great people. A quick one - I found out that my VO is Warsaw. Out of curiosity, I want to get updates to my application, is it better I contact the VO directly or IRCC? Anyone knows if VOs or IRCC provide any meaningful response when contacted other than the generic ones? Your input will be appreciated. Many thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Francieuche: 2:29am On Dec 25, 2021
Pls my express entry profile expired today how I create a new one??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 8:38am On Dec 25, 2021
cutebear:
They mostly got this number of immigrants from inland applications. All their CEC and International students.
Yeah I got that after reading the link but the story also shows that they're still very much in need of immigrants and we outland applicants are just victims of their attempt to slow the covid spread in their country. It's sad how long we've had to wait, I was re-reading old PPR gist yesterday and seeing where people thought their applications took long because it took about 150 days to PPR. Who knew we'll witness 500 days and counting. Hopefully things go back to normal soon.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 8:40am On Dec 25, 2021
Francieuche:
Pls my express entry profile expired today how I create a new one??
Log in to your profile, I'm not sure again but I think there's an option there to create a new profile and link it to the same account.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Tonyamori(f): 12:42pm On Dec 25, 2021
Canadahome:

The gift deeds was from a relative or a friend?

Can you please help us to explain what happened for others to learn, please.

Done

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Preshyi: 1:07pm On Dec 25, 2021
Hello guys,

Does it raise eyebrows if you and your spouse work in the same organisation on your express entry profile.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Preshyi: 1:11pm On Dec 25, 2021
Is there a minimum time after you leave a country to get PCC or anytime after you leave is okay?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 3:44pm On Dec 25, 2021
Preshyi:
Hello guys,

Does it raise eyebrows if you and your spouse work in the same organisation on your express entry profile.
stop creating imaginary issues. Spouse work experience is irrelevant unless it was obtained in Canada and give no points.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by isaacola57: 3:46pm On Dec 25, 2021
Prettiepearlz:

Gift deed from friends is not advisable and not acceptable. No VO will believe a friend is gifting another friend thousands of dollars as a gift. The friend can credit one of your parents account and then your folks can do the gift deed.
can someone do fixed deposit certificate over gift deed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Canadahome: 10:37pm On Dec 25, 2021
Tonyamori:

Pray you don’t encounter such VO

Thank you for the explanation.you can go ahead and clear the details, please.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 5:33am On Dec 26, 2021
Allegory:

When I look back I wonder why I didnt apply for this program in 2018 or 2019. I had everything then (masters degree, 3 years + work experience, under 30..). It only occurred to during the 2020 lockdown when I clocked 30 even then I was slow. I wrote IELTS scoring L8.5 R8.5 W7.5 S8.0 and missed the October 14, 2020 draw due to what I still cant explain lol. Was at the endsars protest/funfare at the lekki/ikoyi toll plaza when my friend from CA called to ask if I had received ITA. Told him I didnt have my IELTS TRF number and moved on. October 30th came and there was no draw which got me a bit worried. Draw eventually happened after November 4 and cutoff was 478 which was above my score. Nevertheless I received ITA at the November 18 2020 draw. Considered rejecting the ITA because my POF was not complete then but later got encouraged not to reject it and I saved money aggressively (salary, allowances, bonus) from then onwards till I submitted my application within the 90 days timeline. Looking back at the CEC + PNP only draws I would have been full of regrets if I didnt apply.
On the other hand, the both those waiting for an ITA and those who have received ITAs + submitted are having it tough. I submitted my application almost one year ago but have no idea when it will be processed. In the meantime I've had to keep $13,000 in an account resisting the temptation to use out of it when my other account goes low. Uncertainties here and there. Those waiting in the pool are losing points due to age and having their language test results expire. A number of people I know who moved to UK/Ireland have lost interest in canada after waiting more than one year.

Regarding your post I see it as political even though my opinion doesnt matter as regards issues of canada and canadians. They sent emails to temporary residents who met some preset requirements(virtual landing) change their status to permanent immigrants.

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 5:57am On Dec 26, 2021
isaacola57:
can someone do fixed deposit certificate over gift deed
If you are asking whether you can put the money you received as a gift in a fixed deposit the answer is yes but you'll still have to submit the gift deed, a document showing the inflow to your account and the FD certificate.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by isaacola57: 4:45pm On Dec 26, 2021
Allegory:

If you are asking whether you can put the money you received as a gift in a fixed deposit the answer is yes but you'll still have to submit the gift deed, a document showing the inflow to your account and the FD certificate.
I am not saying gift deed... Just a fixed deposit certificate and maybe a reference from the bank
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 4:54pm On Dec 26, 2021
isaacola57:
I am not saying gift deed... Just a fixed deposit certificate and maybe a reference from the bank
Yeah sure

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tolakadupe(f): 5:22pm On Dec 26, 2021
isaacola57:
how long has the money been fixed? If it's too recent maybe you can show the source
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by gracecheller: 6:38pm On Dec 26, 2021
Mintold:
I believe the person ought to leave the country first before applying for the PCC.

It's possible for someone to fall foul of the law (after getting the PCC and) before leaving the country and so, the PCC may not show the true picture.

*Other members can weigh in too*

Their country their rules. Ircc would require you're out to get a report from the country other than yours

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by isaacola57: 7:43pm On Dec 26, 2021
tolakadupe:
how long has the money been fixed? If it's too recent maybe you can show the source
few days before submitting
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by coolcare(m): 7:45am On Dec 27, 2021
Allegory:

That was because 70% was immigrants inside Canada while 30% was overseas.

Let be hopeful priority will be given to overseas in 2022
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by PanicButton: 10:35am On Dec 27, 2021
An update to my application:

IRCC finally updated my application post COPR with a placeholder, sent me some application kit, requested I filled the forms for I and my spouse, and submit within 30days. So yeah, nothing has really changed. You can still add your spouse even after your COPR has been issued. Thanks all, and particularly @GraciousWords for the reassurance.

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Shokoloko(f): 1:06pm On Dec 27, 2021
Happy new year in advance. For everyone who has desired and genuinely made effort to relocate, may God prosper the works of your hands unto results. Amen!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lorenza: 2:52pm On Dec 27, 2021
Who has landing gist for us? I want to read one so bad (don’t know why grin)
Any community member who got ppr recently landed? E joor e fun wa ni gist kiss (please give us gist)

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by canadaishome: 1:52am On Dec 28, 2021
tshtsh:

When I look back I wonder why I didnt apply for this program in 2018 or 2019. I had everything then (masters degree, 3 years + work experience, under 30..). It only occurred to during the 2020 lockdown when I clocked 30 even then I was slow. I wrote IELTS scoring L8.5 R8.5 W7.5 S8.0 and missed the October 14, 2020 draw due to what I still cant explain lol. Was at the endsars protest/funfare at the lekki/ikoyi toll plaza when my friend from CA called to ask if I had received ITA. Told him I didnt have my IELTS TRF number and moved on. October 30th came and there was no draw which got me a bit worried. Draw eventually happened after November 4 and cutoff was 478 which was above my score. Nevertheless I received ITA at the November 18 2020 draw. Considered rejecting the ITA because my POF was not complete then but later got encouraged not to reject it and I saved money aggressively (salary, allowances, bonus) from then onwards till I submitted my application within the 90 days timeline. Looking back at the CEC + PNP only draws I would have been full of regrets if I didnt apply.
On the other hand, the both those waiting for an ITA and those who have received ITAs + submitted are having it tough. I submitted my application almost one year ago but have no idea when it will be processed. In the meantime I've had to keep $13,000 in an account resisting the temptation to use out of it when my other account goes low. Uncertainties here and there. Those waiting in the pool are losing points due to age and having their language test results expire. A number of people I know who moved to UK/Ireland have lost interest in canada after waiting more than one year.

Regarding your post I see it as political even though my opinion doesnt matter as regards issues of canada and canadians. They sent emails to temporary residents who met some preset requirements(virtual landing) change their status to permanent immigrants.

Hmmmm

I've been waiting since May 2019!

Got fed up and doing masters now in the UK while still waiting for Canada. The wait is just something else

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Bisunique25: 2:06am On Dec 28, 2021
canadaishome:

Hmmmm

I've been waiting since May 2019!

Got fed up and doing masters now I'm the UK while still waiting for Canada. The wait is just something else
My family and I are in the UK as well, after waiting on Canada for more than a year.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by canadaishome: 9:02am On Dec 28, 2021
Bisunique25:

My family and I are in the UK as well, after waiting on Canada for more than a year.

We are many
How old is your application?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (632) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: Oladim001(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.