Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,304 members, 7,815,551 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1048390 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (631) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 9:02am On Dec 28, 2021
isaacola57:
few days before submitting
You have to show the source. Mine had been fixed for about 4 months but I still submitted gift deed and bank statement
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Wisdom7400(m): 9:31am On Dec 28, 2021
canadaishome:

Hmmmm

I've been waiting since May 2019!

Got fed up and doing masters now in the UK while still waiting for Canada. The wait is just something else
This kind of messages can be discouraging cry

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by canadaishome: 10:38am On Dec 28, 2021
Wisdom7400:

Sorry
That was not the intention. Let's remain hopeful that 2022 will bring lots of good news

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lotusgoddess(f): 10:57am On Dec 28, 2021
Allegory:

You have to show the source. Mine had been fixed for about 4 months but I still submitted gift deed and bank statement

It's not necessary.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by musspuss: 11:41am On Dec 28, 2021
But it's also the honest reality of so many folks here and no harm in them sharing or venting even. I'll sure like to hear the inspiring updates of PPR coming in less than a year as well as the flip side of it so we can have a 360 degree view of the situation with IRCC.. Just saying.

Wisdom7400:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 8:06am On Dec 29, 2021
Lotusgoddess:

It's not necessary.
That's what you think.I fixed roughly the same amount I need for my POF, 4 months ago so what's the proof that I didn't borrow it? Especially since I've been unemployed for 2 years. Everyone's application is going to be unique sha, what works for one may not work for the other. I read the link on various rejected cases that were appealing for judicial review and many of the cases the judgement said it's the responsibility of the applicant to submit any document that would make your application clearer to the VO. You don't have to wait and assume they will ask cos not all of them will ask before making a decision. The guidelines clearly says the money should not be borrowed and to me if money looks like it was fixed just for your application then its your job to make it clear that it wasn't borrowed.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 10:00am On Dec 29, 2021
This Canny waka...it's never over until you land.

Judicial case below is a must read for single, separated or divorced applicants with accompanying children.......

.........ensure you have full custody with court papers to prove it or be 100% certain that the consent provided by the other parent is legit....

.......they were about to land when the CBSA officer says husband has alerted the embassy that she is running away with the children. The children's PR visas were cancelled.....the court says they should never have even been issued PPR since the ex-spouse made a complaint a year prior....also the parental consent she provided during her application may not have been genuine....

https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/516783/index.do?q=permanent+residence+federal+skilled+worker

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by valves: 10:03am On Dec 29, 2021
canadaishome:

Hmmmm

I've been waiting since May 2019!

Got fed up and doing masters now in the UK while still waiting for Canada. The wait is just something else

Wow! This is the oldest I've come across. What's the status of your application at the moment from your last gcms notes (if any)?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Ogetogeo(m): 11:25am On Dec 29, 2021
Please want to ask if your spouse work experience in Nigeria gives any point?

Also, if your spouse a graduate but abut have been self employed, would need documents like tax returns and pay slips for Canada Express Entry?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Samuelobiora19(m): 11:39am On Dec 29, 2021
Ogetogeo:
Please want to ask if your spouse work experience in Nigeria gives any point?

Also, if your spouse a graduate but abut have been self employed, would need documents like tax returns and pay slips for Canada Express Entry?

Spouse's work experience doesn't count if he/she is the secondary applicant, just move it to personal history when the time comes..If the Self-employed spouse is the secondary applicant, then it isn't required, but if he/she is the primary applicant,then revert to Page 1 to see the required documents..

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:52pm On Dec 29, 2021
GraciousWords:

.......they were about to land when the CBSA officer says husband has alerted the embassy that she is running away with the children. The children's PR visas were cancelled.....the court says they should never have even been issued PPR since the ex-spouse made a complaint a year prior....also the parental consent she provided during her application may not have been genuine....

.....poor children

https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/516783/index.do?q=permanent+residence+federal+skilled+worker
This is really sad. He only thought of himself alone. In my opinion, he didn't think of the good education and life opportunities the children could get. In the long run, the children would despise him and this gra gra ends when the children turns 18, he wouldn't have the legal binding on them again and boom she can sponsor them since I read that you can now sponsor your ward of 21/22 years of age ( can't say precisely) and they may cut contact with him. People like this were probably missing in action when it comes to taking care of the kids. She may have been the only one taking care of them both financially and physically but he knows he has a legal power and he used it. As for the woman, she didn't get proper guidance. In her case, she should have tried to get full custody of the kids, that's what is usually advised for single parent instead she went to forge documents. She went about this the wrong way. I hope they all find peace.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Olisa222: 2:21pm On Dec 29, 2021
Please I worked in a company from 2016 to 2019, can I still use a reference letter from them incase I receive ITA? Would it still be valid?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by littyprincess: 2:32pm On Dec 29, 2021
GraciousWords:

VOs could request anything if they have cause to doubt the information provided. For example, people have been invited to interviews, IRCC have been known to contact employers....even 12 months worth of bank statements as ADR. It may not be commonplace but it shouldn't be shocking if a VO asks for SOA of the donor of a gift.
They wouldn’t ask because the donor isn’t part of the application and that’s confidential information. It doesn’t make sense to ask for someone else’s confidential info if they aren’t applying to come to your country. It’s a very unreasonable request. I’ve never heard of IRCC asking for that. The recipient of the gift deed’s SOA is enough to confirm whatever they need to confirm.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 3:19pm On Dec 29, 2021
Olisa222:
Please I worked in a company from 2016 to 2019, can I still use a reference letter from them incase I receive ITA? Would it still be valid?
Yes, it's still within the last 10 years.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Solidcitizen: 3:48pm On Dec 29, 2021
This wait can be quite depressing. Its now about 2 years post AOR and there's no hope my application will be finalised anytime soon. I already plan to withdraw my application by June 2022 if I don't get any feedback from these people. I need to plan my life. Cant wait in perpetuity for something that may never come.

These people need to realise that the waiting game does a lot of havoc to people. I should have started a project a long time ago, but I keep postponing it on the basis that it will be a waste of funds if I eventually relocate to Canada. I think I will just terminate the process in June next year. Canada is not all there is to life abeg

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 3:49pm On Dec 29, 2021
littyprincess:

They wouldn’t ask because the donor isn’t part of the application and that’s confidential information. It doesn’t make sense to ask for someone else’s confidential info if they aren’t applying to come to your country. It’s a very unreasonable request. I’ve never heard of IRCC asking for that. The recipient of the gift deed’s SOA is enough to confirm whatever they need to confirm.

You may be right..........but they ask for confidential information (name, DoB...... and for TRVs, address and occupation) of an applicant's family members (parents and siblings)....... who have not applied to come to Canada.....by extension of above reasoning, this should be unreasonable too....but IRCC asks for it.....I'm yet to read of an applicant that has not provided this info........citing confidentiality.

Anyway.....what do we know, we're just gingering each other with our best educated guesses.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 3:58pm On Dec 29, 2021
Solidcitizen:
This wait can be quite depressing. Its now about 2 years post AOR and there's no hope my application will be finalised anytime soon. I already plan to withdraw my application by June 2022 if I don't get any feedback from these people. I need to plan my life. Cant wait in perpetuity for something that may never come.

These people need to realise that the waiting game does a lot of havoc to people. I should have started a project a long time ago, but I keep postponing it on the basis that it will be a waste of funds if I eventually relocate to Canada. I think I will just terminate the process in June next year. Canada is not all there is to life abeg

There is nothing to lose from leaving your application open. Even if you are no longer interested in Canada now, you may not know how you'll feel in another few months. Why withdraw it?

Continue your other project, if PPR comes, collect your COPR, do a soft landing, collect your PR card and return to Nigeria (that process may take a few weeks or months depending on how quickly they are issuing PR cards then).

You have 3 years to decide whether to return to Canada or remain in Nigeria......you must have lived in Canada for 2 of the last 5 years to be eligible to renew your PR card.

The emotional cost is something else, but you're stronger than that Solidcitizen.

Many hope and believe that the backlogs are likely to be cleared by Q1 2022 since clearing them was in the mandate letter from PM to Mr Fraser.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 4:15pm On Dec 29, 2021
Judicial case, NOC related rejection.

The applicant believes VO should have clarified grey areas with him, the court disagrees. Do you guys think his JD matched 5241 or was the VO harsh?

https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/decisions/en/item/500205/index.do?q=Federal+skilled+worker+graphic+

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by EsoEso: 4:19pm On Dec 29, 2021
Prettiepearlz:

This is really sad. He only thought of himself alone. In my opinion, he didn't think of the good education and life opportunities the children could get. In the long run, the children would despise him and this gra gra ends when the children turns 18, he wouldn't have the legal binding on them again and boom she can sponsor them since I read that you can now sponsor your ward of 21/22 years of age ( can't say precisely) and they may cut contact with him. People like this were probably missing in action when it comes to taking care of the kids. She may have been the only one taking care of them both financially and physically but he knows he has a legal power and he used it. As for the woman, she didn't get proper guidance. In her case, she should have tried to get full custody of the kids, that's what is usually advised for single parent instead she went to forge documents. She went about this the wrong way. I hope they all find peace.

Reading through your response it's easily deducted that you are a female, and you are not being objective in this matter. Nobody knows and can really tell what went down, the attitude of the man or woman etc. But I believe there would have been a better way to resolve this amicably between both parties than putting those kids on the cross fire.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prettiepearlz(f): 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2021
EsoEso:

Reading through your response it's easily deducted that you are a female, and you are not being objective in this matter. Nobody knows and can really tell what went down, the attitude of the man or woman etc. But I believe there would have been a better way to resolve this amicably between both parties than putting those kids on the cross fire.
It is not a gender war. I have said mine, you can say yours as well from a different perspective without reference to my gender. I am only pained for the kids whose selfishness from their parents has put them in the middle of an unending war. The real victims here are the kids. Peace

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ShoeShineGuy: 4:45pm On Dec 29, 2021
EsoEso:

Honestly, I wanted to react immediately to her post but I decided to scroll down first to see if someone had replied and here you are. I would like to submit that it's quite a pathetic case but for the OP to even take sides without knowing the full story was unfair. I don't even want to judge without knowing why he would act in such a manner. As for the OP accusing the father of denying them a better future and all, I wonder if she had also asked what if the man was indeed super-rich and could have afforded to train the kids without them being taken away from him without his consent.

My point is, it looks as if the man acted in a wicked manner but I still wouldn't want to judge without knowing the entire story of what transpired. Do we even know what caused the separation? It could have been infidelity from either party and it could have also been something else. I am a father too and I love my children so much that if I noticed my wife had betrayed me in the past and now seeking to run away with my children -even doing it to scorn me, my dears I would not deny it, I might act similarly to this man because deep down I know I have given my all to my wife and kids.

As I said, this is quite a depressing end. Marriage is such a complex contract and this is one of its numerous negative fallouts. Instead of genuinely finding a way to fix the crack (not just patching it up) when there's one, we tend to ignore and allow things to fester. May God help us all.. Still, let's desist from judging based on emotions.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ednut1(m): 5:24pm On Dec 29, 2021
Prettiepearlz:

sad for the kids. The law is the law. A woman who can forge consent surely wont allow the man access to the kids ever again once they reach Canada. Its human nature to be selfish. When the kids become adults they may take sides or be neutral. In Canada women have all the rights in marriage and they use it, the man had the power of consent he used it too. Lesson is forged documents can always come back to bite.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Wisdom7400(m): 5:35pm On Dec 29, 2021
ShoeShineGuy:

Honestly, I wanted to react immediately to her post but I decided to scroll down first to see if someone had replied and here you are. I would like to submit that it's quite a pathetic case but for the OP to even take sides without knowing the full story was unfair. I don't even want to judge without knowing why he would act in such a manner. As for the OP accusing the father of denying them a better future and all, I wonder if she had also asked what if the man was indeed super-rich and could have afforded to train the kids without them being taken away from him without his consent.

My point is, it looks as if the man acted in a wicked manner but I still wouldn't want to judge without knowing the entire story of what transpired. Do we even know what caused the separation? It could have been infidelity from either party and it could have also been something else. I am a father too and I love my children so much that if I noticed my wife had betrayed me in the past and now seeking to run away with my children -even doing it to scorn me, my dears I would not deny it, I might act similarly to this man because deep down I know I have given my all to my wife and kids.

As I said, this is quite a depressing end. Marriage is such a complex contract and this is one of its numerous negative fallouts. Instead of genuinely finding a way to fix the crack (not just patching it up) when there's one, we tend to ignore and allow things to fester. May God help us all.. Still, let's desist from judging based on emotions.

I also wanted to reply her but i had to logout after seeing her comment since no one replied her then. You all just spoke my mind. We cant really say for sure what went wrong and yea that lady took sides. I knew it came from a female. She said gender war...no be gender war matter just read through your post again and you will see what we are talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by GraciousWords: 5:42pm On Dec 29, 2021
For those landing or travelling to Canada with children (but without children's other parent), take the following along, in case:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1022&top=16

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Venom104: 5:49pm On Dec 29, 2021
Solidcitizen:

Hang in there man/woman.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 7:28pm On Dec 29, 2021
ednut1:
sad for the kids. The law is the law. A woman who can forge consent surely wont allow the man access to the kids ever again once they reach Canada. Its human nature to be selfish. When the kids become adults they may take sides or be neutral. In Canada women have all the rights in marriage and they use it, the man had the power of consent he used it too. The lesson is forged documents can always come back to bite.
The man could have given the document then changed his mind just to be petty. Could have been an exes with benefits situation gone sour like the woman said. A lot of couples these days are unbelievably immature. That said, they both have money for unnecessary court case so the kids will be fine.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 29, 2021
Finally updated today. Medicals passed.

Mauriss:

Lol...I'm tired of calling too. Hopefully, they will upload it today.I received acknowledgment mail for the sheet also. I think we've done the necessary.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by IvyTutors: 9:57pm On Dec 29, 2021
Good evening everyone,
taking the BCS certificate in IT exams is one of the ways to increase your points
Registration for the BCS exams ends on the 24th of January 2022.
It is not early to start preparing for the exams scheduled to take place in April 2022
If you need materials for the BCS certificate in IT exam for next year, do send a PM to me
We offer detailed notes, videos, and past questions
All for a fee
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by littyprincess: 10:33pm On Dec 29, 2021
GraciousWords:

You may be right..........but they ask for confidential information (name, DoB...... and for TRVs, address and occupation) of an applicant's family members (parents and siblings)....... who have not applied to come to Canada nor are accompanying an applicant......by extension of above reasoning, this should be unreasonable too....but IRCC asks for it.....I'm yet to read of an applicant that has not provided this info........citing confidentiality.

Anyway.....what do we know, we're just gingering each other with our best educated guesses.

Are you comparing DOB’s, names, addresses with bank statements? They ask for those only because it’s necessary to do your security/background checks. That’s literally information they can’t process your application without. It’s also information you already know, you don’t even need to ask your family’s permission to use that. An address, DOB, name etc aren’t as confidential as your banking information is. I’m not taking educated guesses. IRCC will never ask for your donors SOA especially if they aren’t on the application. Take that to the bank. I also don’t think there’s anything unreasonable with asking for names and addresses of family members. There’s so many other places that ask for that information. When you process your Social insurance number, they even ask for your parents information if I can remember clearly. I think they asked for my moms maiden name or something like that. There’s also so many organizations that have forms that ask for such info. Asking for someone else’s bank statements is unreasonable because the chances of the person even giving it to you(the applicant) are extremely slim. I would rather give out my DOB and name than give out my bank statements to a friend to use on an application that doesn’t concern me tbh. That’s why I said it’s an unreasonable request.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Omoniyimi12345: 10:34pm On Dec 29, 2021
Good evening, Please I have a question. Please don’t ignore me. Please.
I’m trying to set up my Express Entry profile. My husband’s evaluation report is not out yet and neither has he written his IELTS but I want to go ahead and set up a profile none-the-less.

Please what do you advice I do? Should I leave out his details pending when his evaluation and exam results are out? Or I should go ahead and put his name and modify when we have the both reports? Considering points and all that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by littyprincess: 11:05pm On Dec 29, 2021
Omoniyimi12345:
Good evening, Please I have a question. Please don’t ignore me. Please.
I’m trying to set up my Express Entry profile. My husband’s evaluation report is not out yet and neither has he written his IELTS but I want to go ahead and set up a profile none-the-less.

Please what do you advice I do? Should I leave out his details pending when his evaluation and exam results are out? Or I should go ahead and put his name and modify when we have the both reports? Considering points and all that.

Set up yours with what’s currently available. When his reports arrive, you can modify the profile to include his details.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Canadahome: 12:09am On Dec 30, 2021

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (631) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.